Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Yada Yada Yada

THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME THIRSTY.

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show -- a social thread and not generally for specific show discussion.

Please feel free to start new threads for characters, episodes, media mentions, actors, etc.

If you (collectively) would like to change/add the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Saw Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Evanston, IL this weekend.  She is tiny.  I probably would not have noticed her, except that she was walking a few steps behind her husband, Brad Hall, who is very tall and distinctive-looking -- I recognized him first, then realized she was there, too.  They appeared to be walking intently to a car they had parked on that block, so I didn't bother them.  Their son Charlie attends Northwestern, so I assume they were in town for something related to him. 

• Love 2

When we toured Warner Brothers a couple years ago, we stopped at an exhibit of a Friends set (didn't watch the show but it's the one in a bar or coffee place with the orange sofa).  The tour guide would take your picture using your camera/phone as you sat on the couch.  I was wondering if there was a Seinfeld set at some studio where tourists could do the same thing (either Jerry's living room or the coffee shop)...cause I'd go next time I'm in LA.

There was a Seinfeld - Jerry's living room set exhibit that toured NYC and LA back in 2015. I don't know if there will be a comeback.

I wasn't able to attend when it was in LA. I maybe would have tried harder if it was the Kramer/ Merv Griffin set instead?

• Love 1
(edited)

If that 2015 exhibit is the same one I'm thinking of from that year, it was a replica of the living room set, but included a display of real props.

Jerry Seinfeld (who has many pieces from the set - the couch, stools, table & chairs, even the door) is, in fact, looking for a museum that wants to display the original (per a Reddit AMA).

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

I'm pretty sure this has been photoshopped. ;-)

The real thing was certainly white and flowy, but not quite such a perfect match. 

(That said, I didn't watch the real thing, but I saw Laura Bernanti's excellent parody on Colbert, and I think the dress was the same.)