Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Foot Loose

When a severed human foot washes up on shore, the squad is called in to identify the victim and track down the murderer as more body parts are found. After an unsuccessful job hunt, Angela finds she enjoys helping out Korsak at the Dirty Robber.

*Sigh*

Rant #1:

I appreciate a story about the difficulties of mature women finding employment--especially highly skilled, intelligent, experienced women (which Angela is not).

And I think the best use of Angela is as comic relief.

But making a mockery of the issue is not amusing.

Rant#2:

I wear Altra shoes to power walk along the beach.

I was thinking of getting another pair.

Seeing one washed up with a dismembered foot in it is making me reconsider.

Product placement people: What were you thinking?

Rant#3:

Locking down the hospital without showing a picture of the fugitive or alerting those guarding the doors that he was in uniform...

Apparently not even giving Frankie this info???

Making Frankie look like a Keystone Cop but without the humor.

Rant#4:

The leak guy.

I guess they figured they might as well make the episode consistent and have all plots suck.

Relatively positive:

Bostonia

(Yes, I forgive the boobage. It goes with the genre.)

Edited by shapeshifter

There has been a lot of bad writing on this show, but I think this episode takes the prize....so far.  I've always stuck up for Angela because I've always liked Lorraine Bracco. I didn't find her anywhere near as annoying as most people. Well, that all changed with this episode.  Hopefully, LB is making a good sum of money for this part because they are writing her into the ground. Having her walking around literally verbally attacking strangers with her "You don't know me from blank, but let me fix your life. Gah!  Nothing, absolutely nothing, in this episode made sense.  The writers aren't even trying.

I didn't comment on last week's ep because I just didn't make it here in time.  I won't say all the things I wanted to about it  ( not the right ep-talk)  just suffice it to say that I enjoyed that one quite a bit.  I didn't notice who wrote Foot Loose.  If they put much more of that stuff up every week, I might actually stop watching. All my friends have already.  

• Love 2

Wow, Korsak hired Angela to work at the Dirty Robber?  That is the biggest surprise in the history of surprises.

Look, I want to watch a show called Rizzoli and Isles not Rizzoli and Isles and Angela.

• Love 5

It appears the ratings are now as bad as the writing. Personally, I think people who at one time were watching R&I watched the last Agent Carter.  I thought that the low ratings last week were caused by shows starting up that people don't know about yet. Not for R&I.  Looks like they lost a million viewers from last week. And last week was down a couple million from the usual since the series began.  Forgive me. I have momentarily forgotten how to put in a link to the ratings site. Not a good day for me. It was called TV by the numbers- don't know if it still is.

It will be very interesting to see if they can get back some viewers. Maybe the show has run it's course along with more competition.  There are just so many new shows on and it's getting really hard to hang on to the shows I've been watching.  I think I might be getting tired of television. NOOO!   I'm just getting tired of bad television.

• Love 2

The Angela stuff was just ridiculous.  She's been a bit much for me for a while, but last night took the cake.  Everything the show presented as a reason the customers loved her (and thus the reason Korsak - in a plot development my cat saw coming - hired her) is the reason she has become unbearable.  There was absolutely nothing cute or funny about her brazenly inappropriate intrusions into strangers' lives. 

She has always needed to stop sticking her nose in other people's business to the extent she does, but the character still worked for me in small doses; my complaint was shoehorning her in too much.  Now, however, if this is how she's going to be, even one scene a week will be too much for me.

• Love 2

The Angela stuff was just ridiculous. She's been a bit much for me for a while, but last night took the cake. Everything the show presented as a reason the customers loved her (and thus the reason Korsak - in a plot development my cat saw coming - hired her) is the reason she has become unbearable. There was absolutely nothing cute or funny about her brazenly inappropriate intrusions into strangers' lives.

She has always needed to stop sticking her nose in other people's business to the extent she does, but the character still worked for me in small doses; my complaint was shoehorning her in too much. Now, however, if this is how she's going to be, even one scene a week will be too much for me.

Yes to everything you said. All I could think is Angela as a bartender?! Aren't bartenders supposed to be good, sympathetic listeners? All Angela knows how to do is pry, be noisy, and give shitty advice because apparently she is always right. Edited by Texasmom1970

I called it, Korsak hired Angela!! So pround of my pychic ability (written with sarcasm). Now how long will it be before he changes the name of the bar from the Dirty Robber to Angela's Advice Lounge? At least this will give her an outlet for her busy buddying, and maybe she won't barge into Jane and Maura's business so much (mainly cause she'll be at work all evening). And really, the bar only NEEDS one bartender? No one to cover the bar when Angela's metting out her unsolicited advice????

Also, I though it was funny that Jane now has an issue/discust of oceans, but last week spent hours swimming in a river. If anything, she should be grossed out by rivers after that experience (but oh wait, that would involve continuity).

I liked Maura bopping to the jukebox at the end of the edisode. Reminded me that she used to be a dancer/flygirl.

(edited)

There has been a lot of bad writing on this show, but I think this episode takes the prize....so far.  I've always stuck up for Angela because I've always liked Lorraine Bracco. I didn't find her anywhere near as annoying as most people. Well, that all changed with this episode.  Hopefully, LB is making a good sum of money for this part because they are writing her into the ground. Having her walking around literally verbally attacking strangers with her "You don't know me from blank, but let me fix your life. Gah!  Nothing, absolutely nothing, in this episode made sense.  The writers aren't even trying.

I didn't comment on last week's ep because I just didn't make it here in time.  I won't say all the things I wanted to about it  ( not the right ep-talk)  just suffice it to say that I enjoyed that one quite a bit.  I didn't notice who wrote Foot Loose.  If they put much more of that stuff up every week, I might actually stop watching. All my friends have already.  

TNT neglected to upload the SD version of "Foot Loose," according to Xfinity for On Demand viewing.  I had to make two calls to the cable provider before they figured that out.  Accordingly, the SD ep was unavailable to On Demand viewers for 36+ hours.  That could well have affected the ratings.  TNT's fault.

Edited by Scamp