Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Rule #92: Don't Do The Crime If You Can't Do The Time

Abby and Jake put final touches on their divorce, though they're connecting more than ever; Delia's relationship with Gordon Beech jeopardizes her chances for a law-firm partnership; and Phoebe's secret history with a new mom at school comes to light.

Wow! Only one comment. Thanks, Pickles!

I don't know if the little boy is the same one on The Slap, but why did Abby not do anything when he went pee pee in the tepee? That was not cute, and he is way too old to pull a stunt like that.

I'm guessing that most of us have stopped watching. I'm hanging in there, only because it's so close to the finale.

Yeah, I stopped watching.  So that's what this ep was about?  The bratty Slap kid peed?  Guess I didn't miss much.  Nah, I had enough of this shit.  Between the senseless writing, the crap acting & the ridiculous miscasting, no thanks, Noxon.  You're a really shitty producer.  And good luck to Andy's replacement for greenlighting a second season of this terrible show.  

Btw, the ratings for this ep stunk at 744 thou.  OK, so just how bad is that?  Well, the lead-in show, Real Housewives of BH, had ratings of nearly 1.8 mil.  Wowza, that's seems like a pretty horrible drop-off to me.  Um, great decision to give this loser another season.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I watched this. I wasn't even drunk when I watched it. I'm still not sure what it was about. Abby flipped out at getting everything she wanted in her divorce and threw down a weird ultimatum about summer camp. Lawyer woman told her she was nuts and dragging out the divorce because she was unready to let go. The kids were horrid. There was a shoplifting thing that never got resolved. People yelled a lot. IDK, I've become numb. Somewhere in this I decided trimming the cat's nails was more interesting than the show and I did that as it played on in the background. I'm sure I missed some things, but they probably didn't matter.

• Love 1

I agree, this show is awful. However, I had it on in the background this week, so what is wrong with me? I saw on another thread that the little boy is also in The Slap. I thought he was, with that recognizable hair. There is going to be a second season? No thank you. I have had enough.

Boy is brat, girl is brat.  I think I actually YELLED at my TV.

As far as Joy's daughter being a shoplifter: wow! smart together young woman with typical child-of-an-addict behavior UNTIL she steals.

Who writes this shit?

Who writes this shit?

I spent a few minutes on both imdb and wikipedia. They seem to not want to admit to this one. Somebody got paid; it has to be somewhere.

I'd love to be corrected so I can make the proper voodoo dolls. Somebody tell me I'm stupid and the answer is obvious. I've got a blank space and I'll write your name.

Thanks, ScoobieDoobs. Now I know who to curse when watching this mess. Also who to avoid in the future. There's hate watching for the lols, and then there's hating yourself for watching. This is the latter. 

How did multiple adults come together to think any of this was a good idea? I honestly can't think of any named character in this show who doesn't need to be grounded for a few weeks to think about what they've done.

• Love 1

I also read that there are a few newbies on the writing staff, which seems to explain a lot too. Bravo paid peanuts and got monkeys.

I couldn't bring myself to watch this week. I can't witness grown women being portrayed as childish idiots anymore. It's not cute, edgy or clever. It's insulting.

• Love 2

Newbie writers can't be blamed for how far this show has gone wrong. They write whatever they're told, and probably to outlines they're handed. They're trying to get their feet in the door. I feel bad for them that it's this, but it pays better than something on Youtube and I wish them well with whatever they can book off it next. We can judge them later when they're in any sort of position to make creative decisions. They won't get a lot of benefit of the doubt having this mess in their history, so they should really sharpen their metaphorical pencils and be ready to go when they get the chance.

I keep mentioning that I am supremely annoyed with Noxon cuz she is absolutely the one to blame for this mess.  She is the producer & apparently she is an absolute terror to work with.  In the Bravo vid, where Adelstein is explaining the writing process going on, he reveals a lot.  It sounds like chaos & they're just throwing out a bunch of aimless shit to see what sticks.  Well, we've seen exactly this happening.  And that's precisely why none of this crap makes any sense.  That's why it's so unwatchable.  So Noxon is a horrible producer, who really shouldn't be producing anything.  But I guess she's still riding on her Buffy credit -- and not much else.

Can we blame Lisa Edelstein & Paul Adelstein for this mess too?  Well yeah, they both stink up da joint consistently.  But it's the writing that really blows.  Lisa & Paul have both been OK elsewhere, but these 2 are clearly not strong enough actors to be in lead roles.  Neither have the presence.  But I can't blame either of them for taking part in this mess.  Lisa is almost 50 & good parts for her are probably not comin' her way anymore.  And Adelstein?  He was kinda hot in an offbeat way in the past & he had an OK career, but he's also starting to age out & whatever looks he had are really checking out.  Ah, Hollywood's a tough town, eh?

Here's the extremely annoying Slap kid-

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6090983/?ref_=tt_cl_t5

Wasn't Noxon also on Glee when it went off the rails?.

I've just looked into that and you're right. She also walked out on/was forced out of Brothers & Sisters, Prison Break and Mad Men. That's some résumé. Why the hell would Bravo entrust their first scripted show to someone like that?!!!!!

• Love 1

Yeah, Noxon has a well-earned awful rep in Hollywood.  The tipoff is the way Janeane walked out.  From what I've heard, JG is extremely professional and this was very much out of her character to do.  

I'm not gonna watch the finale, or as I've seen referred to as -- the "finally", so I'll depend on others to comment on it.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Wasn't Noxon also on Glee when it went off the rails? Team Garofalo. She knew. She got out. May she find better work in the great tomorrow.

She wrote the episode where Finn gets mad at Santana and outs her. As soon as I saw her name in the credits I had a feeling it would be a controversial episode.

I vaguely remembering Noxon being showrunner on Grey's Anatomy during the year fans were screaming, with the ghost sex and the George being an insufferable idiot to Callie... or am I mixing up GA seasons. I just remember hearing she was showrunner and realizing that's why fans were so infuriated.