Type keyword(s) to search

Kevin McHale/Artie Abrams

caracas1914

From the Mario Lopez interview:

Music’s so hard. It was one of those things where I was working on it a couple of years ago and luckily Columbia—all the Glee people, we’re all signed with Columbia—and they were so great about like, “Look, we respect all you guys, we trust all you guys, go do what you want to do.” So I spent the summer figuring out what I wanted to do and I realized I don’t know what…it was one of those things […] because I love tons of different genres of music and so there’s a difference between what you like listening to and then what you actually want to make for yourself, and I had to figure that out. So luckily, going through that I realized I was like, “Wait, nothing I’m doing is right, this isn’t right,” but I kind of needed to go through that to figure out, “Well, that not what I want to do,” so then I had to figure out what I do want to do which I’ve gotten closer, I think I will—once Glee is done I will get back at that."

Well that sort of explains why out of all the cast with the more extensive musical backgrounds (Kevin was part of a boyband prior to Glee) that he didn't seem to have any music/album projects in the works.

Edited by caracas1914

I always  thought  that Kevin had a very  realistic take of how hard it is to get a recording music career going.  Got the impression that the boyband experience wasn't exactly a pleasant one for Kevin.

For all of Glee's recording sales, in 6 years Lea is the only individual cast member to release even a somewhat successful album.

Would love for Kevin and Naya (good friends in real life) to release some music together.

He's so cute physically. 

It's funny but IMO Kevin more than anyone suffers from the way his character Artie  is pictured.  Nerdy in a wheel chair with Grandpa clothes.  

Away from Glee Kevin cleans up oh so well.  ;)

He has an ease around the camera when doing interviews, hosting shows, etc, that translates well. Kevin seems very comfortable in his own skin.  That is different than just talking nonstop in front of a mike, but being able to say something articulate and witty in concise terms.

I remember one radio interview he did with Ashley Fink promoting the Glee Live movie,and they were so funny and well spoken together, that from that moment on I wanted them to get a talk show. So, a few years later Kevin has two, lol  just not with Ashley, but the one with Amber for the music site is fun to listen to. He also doesn;t suffer fools gladly. I don't care about Artie much, but I like Kevin a lot and hope he is successful. 

It's interesting that he got the British panel show in part because the producers were impressed with his improv skills in the CW show "What's my line?" when Kevin was a guest star.

His movie "Boychoir" with Dustin Hoffman gets a wide release next month. He resumes filmimg his Brit show at least for two more seaons as well as filming the Kennedy movie with Aaron Vdeit.

Hopefully is Dash radio show with Amber continues once Glee ends.

Edited by caracas1914
Of those who have a few projects already, the one I'd not expected so much is Kevin.

I'm not surprised, since I think Kevin is a pretty versatile performer and can be a good actor.    Plus he cleans up well when not dressed in old folks Artie attire.

• Love 2

It appears that Kevin was in the recording studio in the past few weeks, from some of his tweets/instagrams.

I think its about this song he did with his friend Justin

Edited by tom87