Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E05: Love, Sweat, And Tears

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

They are talking about Mike Ross from Vegas 2.0 who was on Rivals.

Mike and Leroy

Cara M and Laurel ( maybe- are they friends again)?

Nany and Jasmin

Bananas and Reilly

Nia and Avery

Rachel and Jenn

Wes and Adam

I would probably put Nany with Naomi from her season they were pretty tight. I would put Relily with Jordan or CT. Wes should go with Nehemiah or Danny.

Edited by choclatechip45

I think the issue with that group of girls all being so catty is  about camera time.  None of them are Laurel, Cara, Emily or Sarah, and they never will be.  They don't have their actual skill to keep them on the show, so the best they can hope for is to be entertaining.  From the first episode when the teams were revealed, it was obvious that Nany was going to be a handicap to Bananas, similarly Jonna and Nia with Zach and Leroy, but to varying degrees.  No matter what the setup of the show, they're always the ones who fall off first, swim the slowest, start crying first in endurance, etc.  When they do get to the end, it's always due to how an alliance falls or luck of the draw, not because they consistently go in and win multiple domes.  The best they can hope for is going into one against one of the other girls in that group, because somebody has to win.

One reason I don't mind them bringing in the AYTO people is it means a chance to get more athletic girls and less alcoholic smoker girls who can look pretty.  They don't have RR anymore, so they have to look somewhere.  Based on how they're casting RW these days, they definitely can't count on it alone to provide people.  I seriously doubt Violetta or Sylvia will be showing up, and if they do, they better hope the next Challenge house has rubber sheets on the beds.

I think the issue with that group of girls all being so catty is  about camera time.  None of them are Laurel, Cara, Emily or Sarah, and they never will be.  They don't have their actual skill to keep them on the show, so the best they can hope for is to be entertaining.  From the first episode when the teams were revealed, it was obvious that Nany was going to be a handicap to Bananas, similarly Jonna and Nia with Zach and Leroy, but to varying degrees.  No matter what the setup of the show, they're always the ones who fall off first, swim the slowest, start crying first in endurance, etc.  When they do get to the end, it's always due to how an alliance falls or luck of the draw, not because they consistently go in and win multiple domes.  The best they can hope for is going into one against one of the other girls in that group, because somebody has to win.

Jonna was a pretty good competitor on her first challenge and actually won a challenge and a jungle with Jasmine. Her and Nany did alright paired together on Rivals 2 and didn't seem to be part of any major alliance. I don't think either are awful competitors and Jonna is one of my least favorite castmemebers she always seems to make it far and does not seem to be well liked at all by any of the other competitors.

Re next week previews: Dosen't it feel like deja vu seeing Sarah puke again? She did the same thing on the Cutthroat finale.

Jonna was a pretty good competitor on her first challenge and actually won a challenge and a jungle with Jasmine. Her and Nany did alright paired together on Rivals 2 and didn't seem to be part of any major alliance. I don't think either are awful competitors and Jonna is one of my least favorite castmemebers she always seems to make it far and does not seem to be well liked at all by any of the other competitors.

Re next week previews: Dosen't it feel like deja vu seeing Sarah puke again? She did the same thing on the Cutthroat finale.

IIRC, she also did pretty well on Battle of the Seasons.

Maybe they need to do another Fresh Meat season. I watched both seasons of AYTO, and there were few people I'd want to see here.

I find Nany and Jonna to be decent, but not great, Challenge competitors. Both have had their moments of pulling through, but also moments of utter failure.

Now if everyone could stop slut-shaming (and drinking sweat), I'd enjoy this season more.

Question...did Nia drink the cup of sweat (gag) for seven dollars or seventy dollars? I thought it was seventy, but my friend heard seven, which makes it even *more* ridiculous. I did not think that was possible.

Seventy. I don't think she would have drank for only seven bucks.

Oh thank goodness! Not that it's understandable to do for 70, but if it was only 7? Yikes...

If Nia will drink Zach's sweat for $70, what would she do for $100 or $1000? I shudder to think about that. That'll probably be a game on an upcoming aftershow.

There was a show called "Endurance" on NBC that I watched when I was a kid. It was like a "Survivor" for kids. Jonna and her partner won 1 of the seasons of that show. There's definitely a strong competitor lurking in there somewhere. Unfortunately she has become such a doormat and having Zach as her partner doesn't help matters any. If Jonna doesn't lose it for them, Zach certainly will. He seems to crack under pressure. It's all karma for how he treated Sam on Battle of the Seasons 2.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 2

Ha! I watched "Endurance" too! My boyfriend recognized her eyes during her season, but it didn't click with me until we googled her. I think Jonna can compete, but she tends to be one of the smaller girls on any given challenge (which can make it difficult in strength competitions). Also, she lets her emotions get in the way by catching feelings for someone every time, and then plays her game based on keeping her sorta love in the game with her.

There was a show called "Endurance" on NBC that I watched when I was a kid. It was like a "Survivor" for kids. Jonna and her partner won 1 of the seasons of that show. There's definitely a strong competitor lurking in there somewhere. Unfortunately she has become such a doormat and having Zach as her partner doesn't help matters any. If Jonna doesn't lose it for them, Zach certainly will. He seems to crack under pressure. It's all karma for how he treated Sam on Battle of the Seasons 2.

I remember hearing about that when the cast of RW Cancun was released. I remember Jasmine saying in an interview she was happy Jonna was her partner because she had done The Challenge for Kids.

If Nia will drink Zach's sweat for $70, what would she do for $100 or $1000? I shudder to think about that. That'll probably be a game on an upcoming aftershow.

That's why she looks so familiar, as I definitely didn't watch her RW season, but I did see Endurance way back when and they showed some reruns with the past 2 years, I think on The Hub.

I thought the bet was for $7 also.  The Grantland post from a couple days ago quotes $7 as well.