Type keyword(s) to search

Battle Of The Comic Crime Fighters

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

I do agree that Gordon gets his clues handed to him far too often, and I think he lets his ego get in the way of things, but that's where my agreement ends. This really sounds like the writer is a super-obsessed fan of Agent Carter and tried everything she can to justify her fandom, instead of evaluating both shows on their own merits.

Did the writer not notice that Jim Gordon fights in almost every episode, and wound up destroying in a fight a man who was literally twice the size of him? Plus I've only seen Gordon lose one fight- to Lovecraft's Assassin. Every other time he's more than held his own.

Then Harvey Bullock...yeah he's caught in the corruption of Gotham. However, he's had Gordon's back more often than not, so much so that whenever he has to pick between corruption or helping Gordon, helping Gordon wins out all the time. I can't think of a more loyal partner. Plus, the amount of times Bullock has come up with the clue needed to help Gordon solve the crime has been many- Bullock isn't just a loyal partner, but he's capable.

I also believe Gordon has a better love life- Barbara gives him BS, he doesn't put up with it and shacks up with another woman. Might be a display of questionable loyalty, but when it's Barbara, it's justified.

Don't get me wrong- Agent Carter has many great qualities, but I'd rather see them put on display in an honest evaluation than put up in a kangaroo court so the writer can continue justifying that her own new obsession is the best on television.

I think it was reasonably fair comparison.

In terms of the love life, the category chosen was "more fraught love life" rather than "better." I would say that technically Jim up to now actually does, because Peggy has put her love life on hold and (probably) as far as she can see, no one's going to compare to Steve. By definition, having no love life is going to be less fraught than having a love life.

In terms of Gordon's performance in fights, I think he was on the losing or near-losing end of things a few more times. In the proto-Venom episode, I believe he was on the ropes at least once. I believe Balloonman was beating him up till Harvey intervened. Of course, Fish's men were literally about to butcher him. Zzazz and the Zzazzettes were about to kill him if it weren't for Montoya and Allen. Mario Pepper was about to kill him before Harvey took him out.

Agent Carter has not yet managed to be outfoxed by a 16-year-old.

• Love 1

Nothing wins in a fight like Red Lipstick, I don't care what!

Knockout drug red lipstick would win - oh, that's right, Peggy has that too.  Although I do think  Bullock is better than Jarvis since Donal Logue > anyone, plus he's the one with  the one-liners on Gotham.

No doubt Peggy is the winner

But I have an idea for another comparison: Peggy Carter vs Diana Prince (in the first season of Wonder Woman when she was in the 1940's). Let's be honest those two have a lot in common.