Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E15: Kiss Of Death And The Google Exec

jenkait
  • Start Topic

So, Alix.  I found it interesting (kind of typical actually) how the speculation was, "was it something sinster?" regarding the fact both her boyfriend Dean and client died of heroin overdoses.  I agree her actions were criminal in terms of not calling 911 (in the client's case), but for what it's worth, was she purposely killing these guys, like a black widow?  I didn't get that.  What would be her motive?  I think she was just careless/bad at giving heroin!

• Love 3

I'm not by any means excusing her or saying she's not culpable, but are we seriously expecting junkies to use good judgment and act responsibly? I don't think she did anything that required forethought or planning.

As for the Google exec, nobody forced him to create a profile and troll for poon online. We didn't hear from his wife/family, but it probably consoles them to think he was led astray into drugs. Myself, I doubt it was his first time.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 4

I thought the cops were overselling the "cold heartless calculating murderer" theory.  By the cops' own theory, Alix was on the Arrangements website to hook up with guys for cash to feed her drug habit.  The cops never said there was some kind of altercation with the Google Exec on the video, and from all outward appearances, he let her shoot him up.  Why in the world would she set out to kill a potential cash cow?  As to why she didn't call the cops when he passed out and tried to leave with no trace, she's a junkie and a likely prostitute, so why would her junkie brain say "Hey, I'm gonna call 911 and stick around and see how this plays out."  Sure, there's a case for negligent homicide, or depraved indifference, or whatever it's called in CA, but I don't buy for a second she left the house that day with the plan to murder the guy.

ITA, lordonia.  Google Exec didn't come off like this was his first time doing any kind of drugs or paid professionals.  There aren't too many 40+ people who wake up and say, "Hmmm, today I'll try hookers and heroin for the first time!"

• Love 5

It's a very weird coincidence that her boyfriend died of a heroine overdose a few months prior to this, but I don't think it was premeditated.  Google exec is culpable too.  He let her shoot him up.  She definitely needs to be held accountable for not calling 911 though.

• Love 3

It doesn't seem strange to me that heroin addicts sometimes OD and even die.  This very well could be a coincidence; hang around with enough junkies ...

I knew 3 guys who committed suicide; all worked in my department, 2 were close friends of mine and died within a few months of each other.  It seems strange and sinister, but really wasn't.

• Love 1

Granted, all I know about heroin I learned from popular culture, but don't you usually shoot the other person up first? I watched this mainly because I grew up near Santa Cruz and I like seeing all the footage of the area. There was another case recently nearby where two people met in a bar and the guy gave the woman so much oxy that she od'ed. He left her when he thought she was sleeping and he got 11 years. Alix should take whatever deal they'll give her and maybe she can get her life together in prison because wow, she's a hot mess. From her back story it sounded like maybe she had been sexually abused. They tried to spin the black widow story but the interviews made it sound more like a traumatized person who never got the help she needed. I felt kind of bad for her even though I think she should be locked up. 

It reminds me of a quote of Madonna's regarding Kurt Cobain, "That's what heroin addicts do. They die."

The police really seemed like idiots in this one, especially judging the suspect by her temporary tattoos and her Instagram account. "Here is a pic of her with her mother... could it be she is a real person and not just a prostitute serial killer? Nahhhh".

Maureen was pretty laid back in this one, but she did get a laugh with me the way she raised her eyebrows while talking to the friend who attended the reform school with the suspect, when she was complaining the school punished them by forcing them into physical labor, Maureen and I both could tell that story was bullshit. I think they made the kids build a trail or something.

• Love 3

Whatever charge would apply to not calling 911 I could see as being reasonable, but I do not get cold-blooded calculated murderer from this chick. I get heroin junkie hanging with guys who wanted to do heroin with her - and maybe her tolerance levels were higher than theirs, so both she and they overestimated how much they could handle when she shot them up.

• Love 2

I think 48 Hours and Dateline are really struggling for new cases. I hate that they profiled this one before the trial even started. I hope they let her take a plea for a lower charge. I don't get why they want manslaughter unless there was really something crazy on those tapes besides wiping down fingerprints. It's not like the victim's family was pressuring them for an arrest.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 2