Type keyword(s) to search

What's on your wish list for these final episodes? Which scenes and storylines would you most love to see? Which characters would you love to see pop up at least one more time before we say goodbye? Which characters' friendships and relationships do you want to see focused on most heavily? Are there any unanswered questions you'd love to see tied up? This is the place to chat about it! 

I want Ann back if only to see her and Leslie sitting in Pawnee Commons in the lot that brought them together (I am a sucker for BFF relationships on shows, I feel they aren't done quite enough and that's part of what drew me into P&R in the first place).

Lindsey Carlyle Shay just because Parker Posey (even though I didn't like the episode, I just love Parker Posey).

I need to see a Shia LeBouef (or however you spell it) wedding gown, and Donna wearing the gown.

Pretty sure we're not going to get Tatiana Maslany again but it won't stop me from wishing it.

For the simple fact that I'm a name nerd, I need to know what Ben and Leslie's kids' names are. I already know they aren't Ruth, Bader and Ginsburg.

• Love 2

I want Ann back if only to see her and Leslie sitting in Pawnee Commons in the lot that brought them together (I am a sucker for BFF relationships on shows, I feel they aren't done quite enough and that's part of what drew me into P&R in the first place).

This is my main wish too. I'd really love it if we could have a Leslie/Ann episode in their park that shows off their friendship as well as this week has done for Leslie and Ron.

Pretty sure we're not going to get Tatiana Maslany again but it won't stop me from wishing it.

Having Nadia back would be amazing. Mainly because Tatiana Maslany is amazing. Theoretically she could be coming back from Doctors Without Borders. I think the writers are going to pair Tom up with Lucy at the end because of last week, or they could just be finding ways to bring back all the old characters for one final time.

Okay, onto original wishes. I'd like an episode with Jerry at the centre of the plot (and not like Park Safety where he's the butt of the joke) or at the very least explore more of Jerry and Ben's friendship.

Councilman Howser getting more to do than sit in the council chambers.

Ben finding a way to work with Barney (the accountant).

More Joan, animal control. Diane and Ethel Beavers. I'd also like to see Louie CK and John Hamm again. No Dennis Feinstein, Craig, Jamm, Orin, Tammy, Jean-Ralphio or Mona Lisa.

No plotlines revolving around babies - for the triplets or any other character trying to get pregnant.

April to find out what her goal in life is without it taking up any more episodes. Why did she decide against vet school in the end?

The final shot of the show has to be Leslie sitting in the park that was Lot 48.

• Love 1

April to find out what her goal in life is without it taking up any more episodes. Why did she decide against vet school in the end?

The in-series explanation was she was unsure about it and decided to go with her gut. Some people believe the real reason is that the writers decided to keep April in Pawnee while Andy was gone.

ETA: An acknowledgement that Mark Brendanawicz ever existed would be nice.

Edited by Brandi Maxxxx
  • Love 2

I doubt Nadia would come back, especially because it looks like Tom will be paired with Lucy. But I would like an explanation of what happened, like if she ever came back or they just fizzled due to distance. That plot was dropped like a hot potato.

I definitely want Ann and Chris back in the last episode. I love the idea of the show ending with Ann and Leslie sitting in the lot.

• Love 1

I doubt Nadia would come back, especially because it looks like Tom will be paired with Lucy. But I would like an explanation of what happened, like if she ever came back or they just fizzled due to distance. That plot was dropped like a hot potato.

If I know anything about Rwanda (and I don't), I bet it's full of rich guys who'll buy her whatever she wants.

Also something that has always intrigued me: Leslie's father. It's been heavily implied that he's dead but all we know is "He lives in Florida... in a cemetery" and that Leslie "lost" him when she was 10 years old. Mike Schur could have been planning something all along.

• Love 3
(edited)

Like many of you, I want Ann and Chris to return for the last episode or two, but in storylines that have Chris interacting primarily with Ben, Ron, Andy etc and Ann bonding with Leslie. 

Leslie needs to give---and get----the perfect gifts just one more time. 

I really, really want to see Bert Macklin solve another case along with whatever-role-she-plays-that-day April.  Maybe in honor of our Janet Snakehole April can revive that role :) 

And, speaking of characters who remind me of awesome posters, I really want to see Brandi Maxxx again. 

I want Jerry/Terry to feel loved and appreciated for just one shining moment. 

I want another Pyramid of Greatness. 

I also second the poster who hopes we won't get storylines about current or future kids. 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 2

They never did explain what happened to Paul (the former City Manager) after his heart surgery, did they? Did he die or retire or what?

ETA: That wasn't quite a wish. I wish they'd tell us.

Edited by Brandi Maxxxx
I want Jerry/Terry to feel loved and appreciated for just one shining moment.

Me too! Of course, the gang have always been mean to Jerry and it's never been that funny, but upon seeing "Galentine's Day," I hate the way they treat him. What got me was the way he was willing to act like he farted all for Tom's benefit, so Ben wouldn't look uncool for being nice to Jerry. It was all so pathetic and sad, and it really drove home how the gang are a bunch of petty bullies. I  mean, I know it's all suppose to be a joke, but I find it too mean-spirited and gross to be funny. Plus, it's bizarre on a show that is otherwise quite sweet. 

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Orin again, since I enjoy  that little weirdo. But yes to Ethel Beavers! 

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Andy acting out some more of his favorite movies. 

Edited by Beezel

I hope Terry's story line involves him, Kyle, and John Hamm's character all messing up something that seems like it should be a big deal, but really isn't. Then, instead of taking any more abuse, he just says "Fuck It," completely retires, buys an RV and heads off into the sunset with his wife. The best framing of Terry was of how incompetent he is at work, but such a wonderful family man.

My wish for the final scene is that new Ambassador to Costa Rica, Joe Biden, invites Leslie and Ben to come visit him in his new home.

• Love 3

Weirdly enough, I sort of wish that Donna were ending the series contentedly single. Parks and Rec has become one of those shows that seems to inadvertently imply everyone's happiness is contingent at least in part on being paired off in a monogamous relationship. I always liked that Donna was such a happily independent character and enjoying her adventurous life as it was. I guess I just wish that one of our main characters was ending up single but still happy and fulfilled. (I'm assuming as I write this that Tom will end the series with Lucy, but you know what they say about people who assume!)  

• Love 3

Weirdly enough, I sort of wish that Donna were ending the series contentedly single. Parks and Rec has become one of those shows that seems to inadvertently imply everyone's happiness is contingent at least in part on being paired off in a monogamous relationship. I always liked that Donna was such a happily independent character and enjoying her adventurous life as it was. I guess I just wish that one of our main characters was ending up single but still happy and fulfilled. (I'm assuming as I write this that Tom will end the series with Lucy, but you know what they say about people who assume!)

Nah, that makes a lot of sense, and I would prefer someone stay single, and Donna would be the best choice.

I more want to see it because her family sounds fascinating, it will be a spectacle, and who knows, maybe Ginowine would show up again.

• Love 2

I'd like to see how Leslie's mom, Marlene, is dealing with the fact that Leslie's professional success has now eclipsed her own.  I mean, this is the woman who once said "I want my daughter to be successful, which is why I always tell her, there's nothing wrong with being a wife and mother."

• Love 2