Type keyword(s) to search

S26: Matt & Ashley

• Start Topic

About the only racers I couldn't remember anything about....don't think they're long for this race OR as a dating couple either. They both say that the problem with their relationship is that the other one doesn't listen, and Ashley goes on to say that she'd rather they spend time talking instead of...using Instagram. Can just imagine him spending his time with his buddies and trying to impress other women. Especially since he considers one of his three best traits to be....being a handsome man! He really is a douche. Lack of communication is a pretty serious flaw. Won't be sorry to see them go either. Just too boring.

• Love 1

This team had their share of problems.  They fucked up with dropping their meals multiple times at the tree Detour, for one thing, and even though they got out of the cabaret task in a moderately high position, they lost ground when Matt left their fanny pack behind.  They made it in sixth place, but they're lucky they could outrun some teams in getting to the mat to land in sixth place.

The proposal was nice, though, and my feelings toward Matt thawed a bit.

I think this couple is super adorable.  (I've been using that word a lot today.)  He talks a little cocky, but not nearly as bad as, uuuuuuuuh, last season's male wrestler (forgot his name already!).  He clearly overestimated their competence as racers but that doesn't bug me.  Like she said, he seems to have a huge heart and he wears it on his sleeve.

Cynical me is not buying that race proposal, I still think he only wanted it to be televised for all - before the team was eliminated, which he got a taste of after forgetting his fanny pack (wording that will never seem to amuse when used in "American English" - I'm not usually 12 but hey...)

I'll eat my hat (must have an old one somewhere) if I'm wrong, but I see a few awkward google moments in the future of these team members. Hopefully I'm too pessimistic :-) and the fact that after watching 3 episodes I had no idea I had ever seen them before can be coulouring my perceptions.  

Looks like the bliss of being engaged didn't last too long.  The only pleasant moment they had was getting on the water taxi for the Water Detour.  After that, they struggled with finding the right eggs for that Detour, and Matt had a hard time with that Roadblock, and finally, they had a hard time finding and reaching the Pit Stop.

Lucky Harley & Jonathan were too far behind, or I imagine they'd have been booted.

Now that Matt's not being annoying, he and Ashley are growing on me.  They didn't do their tasks as perfectly as Aly & Steve, but for the most part, I'm impressed with how well they raced.  They kept their cool, Ashley surprisingly knocked out her part of the Stein Detour, and she finished that Roadblock very well, as well!  Good job!

Two preexisting dating couples were at the top this time!  (Aly & Steve and these two!)  Nice!

They're actually very sweet and I enjoy them. His encouragement to her during the serenade was so heartfelt that it actually moved me. They're racing as hard as they can, but if they don't win, I get the feeling they'll have gotten a great deal out of the experience anyway. Which I love in Racers, so more power to them!

• Love 1

They had a lot to make up Matt's flight snafu.  He killed the Roadblock, from what we saw, and they navigated well enough to their Detour.  They did it fast, and then navigated strongly enough to finish fourth.

Nothing too spectacular.  Just solid racing on this leg.

Not sure if it was because of the backwards hat, but in tonight's episode Matt looked like Jeff Schroeder especially in the face.

He reminded me so strongly of someone, and I finally realized that it was Jeff - especially the voice.