Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: 275 Sq Ft Nomad's Nest

Jeremy and Lindsay have traveled the world and they are finally ready to settle down--in a tiny house! Lindsay is a fantastic baker who needs functional kitchen space. Jeremy is 6'5", will he even fit in a tiny house? Plus they have a collection of sentimental travel mementos they aren't willing to part with. With a limited budget and the goal of fitting a king sized bed into the bedroom, John and Zack have a big challenge ahead of them.

Fitting it in. Fitting it aaaaaaaaaaalllllll in. OMG, the tiny house compulsive hoarder movement.

I didn't notice the refrigerator gone, but I thought it was interesting that they had gotten rid of some of the pillows made from the fabric from their world travels, the fabric they couldn't part with. 

They use the shower as storage, so that means taking everything out every time they want to shower? Do they not shower every day? Also, how awkward would it be having to climb down into the shower all the time?

I liked Jeremy, and I liked Zack mentoring him and his business partner on building tiny homes. I wished the show focused more on the build aspects.

Didn't care for the girlfriend, but that seems to be usual for these kinds of shows -- the women always come out of them looking the worst.

According to this article from last July, Zack is a professional skier. His tiny house does not have a toilet. "So Small, But Already a TV Star." Apparently, it took him 7 weeks to build his tiny house, but on this show, they have to get everything done in a week?

Did anybody else get a good look at the toilet facilities in this build?  they didn't really dwell on it, but it looks like the toilet is just sitting there with no door or privacy, between the sofa and the bed area.  Wow.  Can you imagine coming over to stay the night as a guest?  And having to pee right outside their bed??? I'd rather pee in the yard.  Did I miss something? 

Seems to me that a lot of tiny living is 4-season camping with upscale accoutrements and a lot more stuff. All this "I have to be able to have guests" doesn't really make sense if you're living in a tent / trailer. For Zack, it makes sense if his house is moving around all the time to stay places with shower and toilet facilities. As for peeing by your bed, well, it wouldn't be my first choice.

I came on here wondering about the refrigerator myself. It really wasn't all that big and it looked like there was a dog bed or a litter box on the floor in its place. If she bakes and cans and all that crap doesn't she need a fridge. It bugged me. And my significant other is obsessed with these tiny houses. We fill up 1100 sq. ft. as it is. I can't imagine going half the size of my small place.

I didn't notice that the refrigerator was gone.
The stuff stored in the shower/tub was in a basket, so pretty easy to move.
I thought the toilet was in with the tub.  They said it was a composting one.
My thought on the canning storage, was that all those full jars are going to be a lot of weight on the doors.
And couldn't they have built the house on its permanent site?
I didn't have a problem with the wife, since she did actually use the things she wanted.  It wasn't like the ones who loads of clothes and shoes.

The fridge must have been broken and out for repair that's the only solution I could thing of. That is the same exact fridge I've had my eye on, its small but big for a apartment fridge, something like 10 cubic ft.

I thought the TV coming out of the couch was pretty ridiculous. The shower tub was a cool idea but it seems like it would be hard on the knees stepping up so High, its not like its stepping over the horse trough and onto level ground but stepping up.

The trailer seemed really huge but the interior seemed a tad cramped for how big it was on the outside

On 1/21/2015 at 2:19 PM, Granny58 said:

Did anybody else get a good look at the toilet facilities in this build?  they didn't really dwell on it, but it looks like the toilet is just sitting there with no door or privacy, between the sofa and the bed area.  Wow.  Can you imagine coming over to stay the night as a guest?  And having to pee right outside their bed??? I'd rather pee in the yard.  Did I miss something? 

Late to the party, but I just saw this episode. No privacy or concept of odor blocking with that bathroom. Plus it had no sink. You'd have to turn on the shower to wash your hands. So if they had guests that were crass enough or desperate enough to use the facilities, they couldn't store stuff in the tub unless they want their guests to head back to the kitchen to wash their soiled hands.

I also noticed the toilet was about as tall as the washing machine. The little woman should enjoy hauling herself up on that monstrosity. 

• Love 1