Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Live And Learn

• Start Topic

The supposed outing about Chad is spoken of as fact but unless we know for a fact the child who had a mental breakdown was male and it was Chad, we can't put that on Lisa. Even if it was Chad, how do we know he didn't suffer a broken a leg and she meant exactly what she said. 

If she in fact did mean to do what is accused of, I doubt very much Kyle or Kim would want to remain friends with her. 

The Chad situation is, to me, a prime example of Lisa being painted as a villain by pure conjunction.

We know Chaf didn't suffer a broken leg because Lisa cleared that up. She said basically said that she had reached out to Kim when she understood that Chad had broken his leg, and then added something along the lines of "but of course it turned out to be something else and he didn't break his leg".

Also regarding another post about it being obvious that it must have been Chad because he was the only one living at home, not one of the articles ever said that "the adult child" was found anywhere near Kim's home, simply that he was in the street. It could have been any street. This was another reason folks couldn't figure out what child it was because the reporting was done in such a way as to keep it all very blurry until Lisa let the cat out if the bag.

• Love 7

We know Chaf didn't suffer a broken leg because Lisa cleared that up. She said basically said that she had reached out to Kim when she understood that Chad had broken his leg, and then added something along the lines of "but of course it turned out to be something else and he didn't break his leg".

Also regarding another post about it being obvious that it must have been Chad because he was the only one living at home, not one of the articles ever said that "the adult child" was found anywhere near Kim's home, simply that he was in the street. It could have been any street. This was another reason folks couldn't figure out what child it was because the reporting was done in such a way as to keep it all very blurry until Lisa let the cat out if the bag.

Actually, the first article from ROL stated that it was an "adult child that lived with Kim" and that the incident occurred outside Kim's home as it was the neighbor that called the police.

• Love 2

I will say this about Lisa she has been consistent in holding people to their behavior regarding their "secrets".  She let Adrienne have it and she let Kim have last year for not being able to follow her thought process.  Kim's priorities regarding people and keeping her secrets is part of what makes her recovery so difficult.  Kim for some reason has been fixated on disliking Lisa.  I about fell off the couch last year when Kim went on and on about how much it would have meant to her for Ken and Lisa to show for Kimberly's graduation party.  WHY??? They hardly know the girl, and Kim has made no secret of her dislike of Lisa.

There are very few things Lisa has apologized for saying.  Much like the adoption thoughts this week Lisa for the most part stands by her statements right or wrong.  I just find for someone so firm in her convictions she has such a thin skin. 

I did think it was  a little over the top for Lisa to let the cat out of the bag on Chad.  Kim can't ask open ended questions of people and expect them not to answer--especially if it involved her drinking days.

• Love 2

There are very few things Lisa has apologized for saying. Much like the adoption thoughts this week Lisa for the most part stands by her statements right or wrong. I just find for someone so firm in her convictions she has such a thin skin.

I did think it was a little over the top for Lisa to let the cat out of the bag on Chad. Kim can't ask open ended questions of people and expect them not to answer--especially if it involved her drinking days.

I think Lisa was wrong and horrible for revealing/confirming that Chad was the kid. Regardless of whether or not folks should have been able to put it all together, it remained confidential and I refuse to believe she was unaware of this. Much has been made of the fact that Lisa is extremely media savvy. Speculation was everywhere and she had to know this.

The thing that is interesting is that it doesn't appear to me that Kyle or Kim were extremely upset, or at least I have never heard that they were/are. Were there reports they were at the time? I think Kim was shocked because she honestly didn't expect for Lisa to say that, but I never read where anyone publicly criticized Lisa for this. Since they seem to have no issues, I guess I won't either and will assume they got whatever explanation they needed, or that they don't believe she was trying to be hurtful.

Regarding Lisa and the speculation that her comment regarding Max was a response to a question, I say "so what"? Could be, although is that something that someone would ever ask of a person who had adopted a child? I will confess to not knowing many folks who have adopted, but my assumption if I would ask such a question is that I would be given a hateful look and called a fuckstick at the very least.

The thing is this: we have no idea exactly what is being asked in the TH interviews. They are all on level playing field on this. I always remember that all of the HW's are in the same boat here. Is Lisa to get a pass because she was answering a question but Brandi or Kyle won't? Remember the shit last season because Kyle talked about the Mauricio rumors in her TH interviews? Folks told her to stop talking about it if she wanted it to go away. Maybe she was just answering questions? It makes zero difference to me no matter what. The TH interviews are the great equalizer IMO.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

I think Lisa was wrong and horrible for revealing/confirming that Chad was the kid. Regardless of whether or not folks should have been able to put it all together, it remained confidential and I refuse to believe she was unaware of this. Much has been made of the fact that Lisa is extremely media savvy. Speculation was everywhere and she had to know this.

The thing that is interesting is that it doesn't appear to me that Kyle or Kim were extremely upset, or at least I have never heard that they were/are. Were there reports they were at the time? I think Kim was shocked because she honestly didn't expect for Lisa to say that, but I never read where anyone publicly criticized Lisa for this. Since they seem to have no issues, I guess I won't either and will assume they got whatever explanation they needed, or that they don't believe she was trying to be hurtful.

Regarding Lisa and the speculation that her comment regarding Max was a response to a question, I say "so what"? Could be, although is that something that someone would ever ask of a person who had adopted a child? I will confess to not knowing many folks who have adopted, but my assumption if I would ask such a question is that I would be given a hateful look and called a fuckstick at the very least.

The thing is this: we have no idea exactly what is being asked in the TH interviews. They are all on level playing field on this. I always remember that all of the HW's are in the same boat here. Is Lisa to get a pass because she was answering a question but Brandi or Kyle won't? Remember the shit last season because Kyle talked about the Mauricio rumors in her TH interviews? Folks told her to stop talking about it if she wanted it to go away. Maybe she was just answering questions? It makes zero difference to me no matter what. The TH interviews are the great equalizer IMO.

For Kim or Kyle to publicly react would be an admission as to who the adult child was.  I am pretty good about watching reruns to see if I missed anything but after Kim was caught off guard with Lisa's answer she seemed to just go on and on about what she had missed.

I agree Lisa knows how to answer a question or give it a good little twist.  The only thing she has ever said was that in her talking heads she was "joking" when she slayed someone with one of her clever responses.  I agree it was ludicrous about Kyle bringing up the Mauricio situation.  Her conversations were a direct result of either Lisa or Brandi bringing up to her on camera. The most ridiculous thing was when Lisa and Brandi expected her tweet they weren't bullies in response to a press question.  Great observation the talking heads are the great equalizer.  I felt last season about 15% of the entire season was Brandi in talking heads.  Brandi can't be the Greek chorus and the one that stirs the pot. 

Kyle said that when growing up, her mother never encouraged her to college to since she was a working actress.  And she implied that she wanted to break that cycle and expects her own children to go to college.

Somewhat similar with Eileen Davidson and Vincent Van Patten, who implied they jumped into their modeling/acting careers at a young age, and who obviously wanted more for their children and encourage education.

None of these parents are momager Kris Jenner.  In fact, far, far, from it.

• Love 3

Kyle said that when growing up, her mother never encouraged her to college to since she was a working actress.  And she implied that she wanted to break that cycle and expects her own children to go to college.

Somewhat similar with Eileen Davidson and Vincent Van Patten, who implied they jumped into their modeling/acting careers at a young age, and who obviously wanted more for their children and encourage education.

None of these parents are momager Kris Jenner.  In fact, far, far, from it.

When Eileen and Vince were in the kitchen, and Vince made an aside about how he barely graduated high school, the hub laughed and noted that at least he's honest about it. 

I do think and/or wish that if Kyle really meant it about feeling she missed out on school, she could take a class. Obviously not take the LSATs right away - because I can't help thinking that Kyle envisions herself as Elle Woods and that Legally Blonde was truly representative of the law school experience - but take a core course or two and see if she likes school first, then decide.  Once Portia is a little older and in school full-time, maybe.   (I say this as someone who found out after going to a number of schools (and doing well enough) that I actually don't like school; I'd rather learn something by doing than sit and take notes on it.  Not everyone is cut out for school, and it's not the end of the world or a shameful secret.) 

I think, though, when Kyle talks about missing out on college, she isn't strictly talking about the cut and dried "taking this class for this credit" work toward a degree. I think that Kyle is also talking about the environment. I think she's lamenting missing out on the experience of being 18 to 22 among other 18 to 22 year olds, living on campus in a dorm or living off campus in an aprtment with roommates. I think she's ruminating wistfully about missing out on frat parties or homecoming or football games or staying out late with her girlfriends. That's all part of many people's college experience on the road to that Bachelor's. 

• Love 11

I think, though, when Kyle talks about missing out on college, she isn't strictly talking about the cut and dried "taking this class for this credit" work toward a degree. I think that Kyle is also talking about the environment. I think she's lamenting missing out on the experience of being 18 to 22 among other 18 to 22 year olds, living on campus in a dorm or living off campus in an aprtment with roommates. I think she's ruminating wistfully about missing out on frat parties or homecoming or football games or staying out late with her girlfriends. That's all part of many people's college experience on the road to that Bachelor's. 

I agree. I don't think that Kyle wants to go back to college and be a Lawyer now. I think she loves her life but is sorry that she missed out on something that the other 18 year olds were doing at the time. The fact is, in some ways, you cannot go back. Going back to school now and taking a few classes is not the same thing as being young and somewhat carefree and taking on the excitement that is the experience of going away to college and spreading your wings.  For me anyway, going to college was about so much more than going to class to prepare for a career.  

• Love 4

Someone on the "lisa" thread was commenting on a Twitter conversation that Lisa had this week about the issue with Max and her mentioning his adoption.  She was apparently called out by a few people who didn't like the fact that she mentions this.  Lisa responded that she had never mentioned Max being adopted prior to this episode.  Are the rest of us just imaging the conversation in S1? Or that she talked about it last year when she was taking the dress donations? Or this year when she was taking the dress donations? Is it possible that she really wasn't aware that she had ever shared on the show that Max was adopted, or is this Lisa revising history?

The Tweets have since been deleted.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1769201/lisa-vanderpump-claims-she-never-mentioned-max-being-adopted-on-rhobh-twitter-feud/

• Love 1

Someone on the "lisa" thread was commenting on a Twitter conversation that Lisa had this week about the issue with Max and her mentioning his adoption.  She was apparently called out by a few people who didn't like the fact that she mentions this.  Lisa responded that she had never mentioned Max being adopted prior to this episode.  Are the rest of us just imaging the conversation in S1? Or that she talked about it last year when she was taking the dress donations? Or this year when she was taking the dress donations? Is it possible that she really wasn't aware that she had ever shared on the show that Max was adopted, or is this Lisa revising history?

http://www.inquisitr.com/1769201/lisa-vanderpump-claims-she-never-mentioned-max-being-adopted-on-rhobh-twitter-feud/

Well last year she couldn't remember if she saw the tabloids before they went to Palm Springs or when she got home.  Lisa's self-proclaimed superior attention to detail seems to come and go when it pertains to her previous conduct. 

• Love 5

I'm going to need these sites to understand the power of a screenshot. 

• Love 1
Kyle lamenting she didn't go to college and become a lawyer... newsflash, you can still go to college if you want to! Just like my mom did in 1985, when it wasn't typical for older women to do so. She started when was 50 and she got a B.A. and then an M.A. and taught at a university for a few years. Dear Kyle, your life isn't over just because your kids grow up. Best to figure that out now, before Portia leaves home in 12 years.

Ditto! My husband's mother had a high school diploma when she got married and started having babies. When she was 42 she went to college. She ended up with a PhD and a successful career as a child psychologist. Too bad she didn't think about just blaming her mother -- think how much time she would've saved!

• Love 2

I agree. I don't think that Kyle wants to go back to college and be a Lawyer now. I think she loves her life but is sorry that she missed out on something that the other 18 year olds were doing at the time. The fact is, in some ways, you cannot go back. Going back to school now and taking a few classes is not the same thing as being young and somewhat carefree and taking on the excitement that is the experience of going away to college and spreading your wings.  For me anyway, going to college was about so much more than going to class to prepare for a career.  

This is true; Kyle's saying she'd make a good lawyer,etc. stuck with me, so I just considered that half of the equation.  For me, too, going to college was about more than going to class - so much so that I got spanked a little.  But there was so much neat (and not even alcohol-related) stuff to do!

• Love 2

I'll just go on record and say that I don't mind the crying college storylines. I know it seems like we've been inundated with them, but it's just the case that a lot of cast members have kids of that age right now. This is a very really glimpse into what they're going through. I have at least 12 years before I'm there, but I remember my mom taking my younger sisters to college and there were lots of tears, on both sides. Of course she was proud of them and happy for them, but we are all really close - so the idea of suddenly not seeing someone every day can be hard. Anyhow, I don't mind at all and would rather have these storylines than ANYTHING featuring the scum sucking bottom dweller Brandi. 

And I find Kyle following the Tucson police on Twitter to be all kinds of hilarious. 

Now, Yo sending HER kid off to college WAS a little annoying, because I felt it was less about that milestone in Bella's life and more of an audition for HGTV. 

So speaking of that bottom dweller - who has a little party to watch their ex and his new wife on TV??? No, you're not bitter at all, Brandi. I love how she insisted she HAD to watch, to make sure the kids weren't on. Um....because no one could have watched for you and let you know? Okay, right. And she complains that all he does is talk about her? Hypocrite much? I just find it odd that earlier she was going on about one day having peace with them and being able to have big holiday dinners with everyone - but she's sitting here calling them assholes. Yea, that's going to work out real well. 

The worst, though, was her trashing Eddie's child support check on national TV. Bemoaning $1,000. What was that amount for? One month? I know CA is pricier than the rest of the country, but that's like 4 times what most people I know get from their exes. Some people get nothing. She should be happy. But no, she's complaining that that's barely enough for one week's worth of groceries. I'm sorry, but what is she feeding those kids? Steaks with truffles and caviar on the side? Was she including her alcohol purchases in the weekly grocery bills? I can't imagine any conceivable way you could justify spending that much on three people's food for one week! Ugh, she's exhausting. 

I got kind of a squicky feeling with Lisa and Max. I think it's fine to try and push a child to some degree; what I didn't like were the Pandora comparisons. You just can't do that to your kids. Pandora is the eldest, and firstborns are typically perfectionists...overachievers...etc. She should just stick with comparing Max to Max, and focusing on his own progress. Some parents might feel that comparing one sibling to another will motivate them, but for someone that already has issues, it might just cause them to give up entirely. I don't know, we only get a glimpse of their life. I'm not saying Lisa is a horrible mom, but she rubbed me the wrong way a tad with Max. 

I continue to love Lisa R. Girl has no shame! She'll just sit there and do her weird mouth exercises in LA traffic, with a camera crew in tow. No fucks to give. Live your life, girl!

I see nothing particularly special about Pandora, except that she was born into money. From what has been seen on the show, she lacks her mother's looks, figure and personality. Her tackiness showed during the choosing of the wedding invitations. And if Jason isn't gay, I'll be very surprised.

I do feel for Max, because if I were being compared to superchild, I'd like that person to be a bit more outstanding.

• Love 3

I think you bring up some very valid points, Yolanda is at an age where so many things start to change. That is very hard for some women to face and Yolanda might be 1 of those women. I also question why she does not stick with a long term treatment plan to combat Lyme's Disease, nothing works overnight and if her case is severe/chronic, it will take time, a lot of time. I get the impression she is looking for a quick fix everywhere without considering all the ramifications of some of these treatments. Mixing some "Herbal" meds with Prescription meds can kill you or do long term, even permanent, damage to your body/brain and bouncing from 1 treatment to another may not leave enough time for some meds/herbal treatments to completely leave your body/system. I highly doubt that she has 1 DR, Medical Dr., that has enough knowledge of traditional Western medicine and various Herbal/Holistic medicine to coordinate all these different treatments she has/is receiving throughout her travels.

Having a Psych degree could give Farrah an advantage selling RE. If this is what she wants to do right now, more power to her IMO!

Methinks her having a very rich father is what gives her an advantage in RE -- and I'm sure Mauricio didn't overlook that fact.

• Love 2