Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I love those pictures of Beckett listening to his speech with that look of love on her face.

I am curious about the pictures of Beckett being questioned in those other shots.  It doesn't seem to fit into the politics speculation.  Do people get questioned like that as part of advancement within the NYPD?

Those pictures of her looking adoringly at him are the best I can't wait to hear what he has to say which has her reacting like that. I see that all the writers are there not just MilMar, must be strange having the writers who created the characters also taking part themselves as writers.

That looks kind of heavy for an interview situation, talk about wanting to intimidate someone having her isolated like she is some of the pictures I've seen. Wouldn't they rather have you more relaxed and at ease if they were wanting to find out if you were promotion material? I'd be scared witless. 

As for her getting annoyed, if it is about Bracken, they have every right to be quizzing her about given what's happened in the past, she will be responsible for not just her own life and her team but many more people if she gains a promotion so they need to be thorough.   Still wonder if this is going to take a political turn at the last minute.

Edited by verdana

That looks kind of heavy for an interview situation, talk about wanting to intimidate someone having her isolated like she is some of the pictures I've seen. Wouldn't they rather have you more relaxed and at ease if they were wanting to find out if you were promotion material? I'd be scared witless.

As for her getting annoyed, if it is about Bracken, they have every right to be quizzing her about given what's happened in the past, she will be responsible for not just her own life and her team but many more people if she gains a promotion so they need to be thorough. Still wonder if this is going to take a political turn at the last minute.

Yeah that's why I said City Hall. Maybe the Mayor is looking for a new Deputy and because of his connections with Castle he is considering Beckett. Whatever it is I'm speculating that the awards ceremony will be at the end, so she'll have whatever it is still circulating around when she's at that. Whether that is the last scene or there's another scene tagged at the end with Castle and Beckett no idea. That or AWM throws pregnancy into it as well, but hoping he doesn't. Edited by Nadine

Yeah I think you've got the scenario pretty much worked out as to how it seems likely to pan out. I'd rather they didn't throw it all in but I suppose given the circumstances MilMar might feel they have no choice so in the baby stuff goes too. 

Edited by verdana

Congratulations to Stana!  Heh, maybe all the wedding dress research with Luke last season and this season helped her do her homework for her own wedding. Beckett had to go through 3 after all!  It's been 7 seasons of the show so actors getting married, and possibly having kids, was bound to happen sooner or later. Stana did once say that the Castle schedule left her very little time for a personal life, so I don't know if getting married at the end of a 7 year contract portends to anything.  Real life pregnancy or not, I think Caskett babies is always going to be the end game on Castle because it's an old fashioned show like that, but preferably in the very last episode and not a season of pregnancy.

To be honest, I'm surprised she put out any info about it right away. She is so private and if she got married overseas, I doubt many would've found out here in the US for awhile anyway. Maybe they were afraid the Croatian media would find out and leak it? Perhaps she's their Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Me too.  I'm surprised she released info to something like US Weekly.  Maybe that's the way it's done in Hollywood these days?  I have no idea.  LOL at the idea of her being their Arnold.  Could be, could be.  I think when Djokovic got married in Serbia (on a private island?) earlier there was a lot of paparazzi and was the interest level was probably their equivalent of a royal wedding.

I guess this is a very depressing day for all Stanathan fans.

I just hope it puts an end to all the harassment both receive on social media about their private lives.  But people being people, it probably won't.  It should end any speculation.  I admit I'm curious as to whether there's any truth to the rumours of them having once dated, but we'll probably never know.  I don't think anything's going to change in terms of the complete lack of official promotion for the show, joint or otherwise.

I'm so over these a-holes (I say with love) and their vague bullshit (I say with annoyance):

At least he didn't caption it "Castle: end of an era.  The Extraordinary Farewell".  Heh.

Anyone else think it also looked like Espo and Tori were getting married?  Lol.  

Not reading anymore into it than the likely fact that Milmar are leaving and changes are abreast on Castle, but I'm sympathetic to those who just want to know where things stand already.  I think we'll hear about a renewal soon enough but maybe not have clarity about Stana's contract till a later date.  I think she probably has made a decision to stay or go already.  With something life changing on the cards like getting married, you probably don't want your attention weighed down by anything else.  Not to say that marriage necessarily affects her Castle contract decision, but she may be looking to make plans for the next stage of her personal and professional life.  With her entering into negotiations in the first place, I still think she's minded to stay on for another year at least and it's just taking longer than expected to work out the details/get her what she wants.

Liking the pics for the finale!  It does look like they wanted it to pass as a series finale, just in case.  Or at least Milmar wanted to leave a mark on possibly the last episode they write for the show.  So they can finally give us the gift of having them all dressed up!  Will we also see their signature interrupted kiss and dark lighting, or will they also decide to give us the gift of good lighting and continuous making out lol?  I jest...

I agree with the tags on this one, looks to me as if she's watching her hubby give a speech and she's getting all emotional.

Terri did well with Alexis' speech and the wedding vows. so fingers crossed for another touching, heartfelt speech from her hands.  Stana/Beckett looks lovely and the love eyeballs are sweet as ever.

Castle: tuxedo, bow tie undone. As indeed am I.

The tuxedo look is one of the very few that Luke has done right by Castle.  Nathan doesn't look like he did in his tux in S1 but he still looks pretty handsome here.

Finally, we get dashing Castle and gorgeous Beckett out and about as a couple, looking good together.

Some more here, she's attending a hearing of some kind and being questioned?

She's having her confirmation hearing to become the next Supreme Court Justice of the United States!  Just kidding. Someone whose Latin is better than mine may try to figure out what kind of office this is.  She doesn't look terribly excited, but I think she's going to be offered some super amazing (not to mention wildly improbable) job opportunity.  

Edited by madmaverick

Don't mind that it's not a belated wedding reception.  Happy to see Castle's writing career recognised, and his whole fam as well as precinct fam there in support of him.  Even Espo. ;)  It does feel like they've remembered that he's a famous writer a little bit more of late, with the NYPD remembering that he's a celebrity, the airline people knowing who he was, and now this.  "Poe's Pen" sounds a little funny though and somehow I'm imagining the award Castle's holding as some sort of bloodied murder instrument heh.  Wouldn't be surprised if he makes a crack about moving on to serious literature in his speech for his career achievement award.  And then Beckett gets an invitation into politics.  That interview set doesn't look like a place for an NYPD interview.

Love the way Caskett are looking at each other.  Castle's going to say something to melt Beckett's heart and Beckett's so proud of her husband!  Would be cool if Castle makes a reference to Beckett being his muse and how she once wanted to break his legs for calling her that!  Her reaction to the character she inspired being called Nikki Heat and their cute fight over it.  Ah, the good old days.

Marlowe's facial expression though!  It's probably a good thing he's a writer not an actor heh.

Tori gets a place at the table but not Jim Beckett.  Oh well, at least it's not a wedding reception which really would be an inexcusable absence.

We'll see how Milmar do with writing Castle's "backstory" in Hollander's Woods, but people are probably going to be more excited about Caskett dressing up and making love eyeballs at each other at a gala heh.

Here's an article with Marlowe/Amann previewing the finale in TV Guide, sorry it's a relatively small screenshot. Nothing new they talk about Castle having to deal with whatever terrible thing he saw in the woods, Beckett pondering her future and last but by no means least Marlowe reassuring us once again that due to how "incredibly loyal" the fans have been they deserve a satisfying conclusion just in case things don't work out on the contract front - although they expect it to. Hopefully this signals the finale is going to have a much more positive and happier conclusion for Castle and Beckett than last season's train wreck.  I'm quite happy not to have a cliffhanger, it's not needed. 

Tori gets a place at the table but not Jim Beckett.  Oh well, at least it's not a wedding reception which really would be an inexcusable absence.

If they were concerned it was the last one why didn't they get him in? I'm surprised about that I have to say if he's not there, it is her dad after all and we see so little of him and Marlowe owes him a few lines after that wedding!  As for Tory, Matt at TV Line will be pleased he's got a bit of a soft spot for her. 

We'll see how Milmar do with writing Castle's "backstory" in Hollander's Woods, but people are probably going to be more excited about Caskett dressing up and making love eyeballs at each other at a gala heh.

If it's anything like the vanishing I'll stuff some cotton wool in my ears and la la la over the reveal when the big moment comes but the shallow side of me will be very happy to see dapper Castle and sexy lady in red Kate Beckett finally getting a decent night out for once. Yes!  Stana always does a great job of acting smitten and Nathan looks suitably loved up too based on those pictures.  

Going back to Hollander's Woods issue for a moment is it going to be as obvious as him witnessing a murder and being too scared to tell anyone?  I do want the reveal after all this time to be worthwhile and not have me sitting thinking "oh is that it?"

• Love 1
the shallow side of me will be very happy to see dapper Castle and sexy lady in red Kate Beckett finally getting a decent night out for once.

Me too. Only took them 3 seasons (and a Milmar exit)! ;)  Counting from the time they got together.  Not counting their wedding day, or alt universe date.  Castle's bday party was their aborted night out.  If the show has to end, that's one of the better notes to end on.  I hope we get more Caskett loved up moments in the finale and that the gala scenes last longer than Ryan's wedding. 

Going back to Hollander's Woods issue for a moment is it going to be as obvious as him witnessing a murder and being too scared to tell anyone?  I do want the reveal after all this time to be worthwhile and not have me sitting thinking "oh is that it?"

I'm actually OK with obvious after something as convoluted as the answers we got in Sleeper.  Always more interested to delve into the emotional impact on Castle anyway, though I'm not too confident they'll be delving very deep into Castle the man.  Maybe he witnessed a murder and has a sense of guilt about how he couldn't save the girl or was too afraid to tell anyone at the time and help bring the murderer to justice.  Castle's always had a tendency to feel guilty and maybe that stemmed from this childhood event.

Not just Jim but Gina as well. Hehe you'd think Castle's publisher would be there but apparently she's in the same MIA spot as Jim.

I think it may be a matter of budget issues, possibly availability issues, or can't be bothered issues.  Gina and Paula should both be there, and I liked seeing both personalities and relationships with Castle, but the writers have never been the least bit interested in Castle's publishing world since that book launch party episode all the way back in S2.  Still one of my faves.

(Freebie?) cameos from the writing staff are definitely cheaper than a day on set for a guest actor. ;)  Jenny's lucky to make the cut.  And I guess they must be paying Tori for a number of episodes since they are using her so much.  Or they just really like having her there for some inexplicable reason.  She has become important to the crime solving even if they've never bothered to really establish personal relationships between her character and the rest of the team. 

Edited by madmaverick

Not just Jim but Gina as well. Hehe you'd think Castle's publisher would be there but apparently she's in the same MIA spot as Jim.

Having the ex-wife at the table with the new wife might make things kinda awkward. She must have gotten banished to another table.

• Love 1

Having the ex-wife at the table with the new wife might make things kinda awkward. She must have gotten banished to another table.

Yeah, I can deal without either ex-wives because hearing the real story about why the marriages began to fall apart was because Rick didn't want to "share things" was just a poor excuse. Especially with Gina where she just decided to magically be there for Alexis when she was sick when she has been shown to not really give a damn either way. I like Castle's reasons for his marriages over the course of the first two seasons: "It felt right when we got married and there wasn't just one thing, I had my own faults in them too." Gina's excuse was more that Castle didn't want to talk about his father when he had no idea who he was for 40 years and Martha had only two thoughts who it was and one she never heard from again. For Jenna, I just saw it as they worked together fell in love and turned out it wasn't a story book romance as they both believed. Not to mention I think if Castle's college girlfriend's mother wouldn't have thought he was going to be a "loser" things might have turned out differently. Of course, that girlfriend's mother was the reason what tipped him to write his first novel so it worked out for him there. I'm sure she kicked herself later on after he was a success but wouldn't admit it. Had an old girlfriend's mother who thought the same and then sees where I am now and realizes she shouldn't have pushed her daughter into breaking up with me ten years ago. But hey, I'm happy with where I am and Castle is too.

Okay this page is better to read for that TV Guide article.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=948656488498729

I'm actually OK with obvious after something as convoluted as the answers we got in Sleeper.  Always more interested to delve into the emotional impact on Castle anyway, though I'm not too confident they'll be delving very deep into Castle the man.  Maybe he witnessed a murder and has a sense of guilt about how he couldn't save the girl or was too afraid to tell anyone at the time and help bring the murderer to justice.  Castle's always had a tendency to feel guilty and maybe that stemmed from this childhood event.

Oh yeah I don't want them over egging the pudding but I hope whatever it is feels right for the character.  They seem to have lost their way somewhat with Castle and I'd like to see them hitting the right notes in the finale, I never really bought his distress over the Jordan incident for example back all those years ago. I know Nathan can sell it so I hope they don't let him down like they did with the mythology although may be doesn't feel that way. I fear they'll be so busy trying to tick off all the items they feel are needed for the fans enjoyment what with everyone fighting for screen time (including Marlowe and Miller heh) that some things will get rushed through. 

Yeah, I can deal without either ex-wives because hearing the real story about why the marriages began to fall apart was because Rick didn't want to "share things" was just a poor excuse.

Watching Castle is sort of like a multiple choice test. Just select the answer that suits you best.

1. Castle got divorced from Meredith because:

a) Meredith cheated on Castle

b) Castle did not share enough with Meredith

c) Meredith cheated because Castle did not share enough.

2. Beckett left the DC job because:

a) She was fired

b) She quit.

3. Beckett has stage (song) fright. So she:

a) Sings karaoke

b) Gets up on stage during concerts & dances

c) All of the above.

Bonus Question (essay)

There are 2 reasons Castle became a writer (sadly I can't really remember what they were)

• Love 1

That is beautiful. Love that about the cheating multiple choice because I can so see that. Like with Gina: 

Gina wanted a divorce because:

A) Her marriage with Castle wasn't as story book as they thought?

B) She found out she could order him around better as his editor then as his wife?

C) Hated that he didn't talk about his dad enough?

To be fair, there is rarely just one reason a marriage doesn't work out, especially when you are getting the explanation from the two parties involved. And there's rarely on event that makes a person pick a career. So I don't think those things are examples of poor continuity, or that they contradict each other.

Now that is not to sat that the Castle writers are good at continuity, because they are definitely not.

oberon. Heh. 

Once they got together I wanted Kate to ask Castle why his marriages failed since it seemed something perfectly reasonable you would be asking of your prospective husband on his third marriage. At least give yourself the heads up why he thought things fell apart, even if his take on things could be wildly biased because it's better than getting zip. But the writers inexplicably never bothered and by this stage if we get to a S8 and they have Kate asking him it would see a case of shutting the stable door after the horse had galloped out the stable door and jumped over the fence. The writers have left the exact reasons's why Rick's marriages fell apart deliberately vague in both instances I suspect so that it allows fans to decide for themselves what happened - cheating, boredom, insecurity, incompatibility or a combination of all these things and more. 

I should be relieved they didn't return to exploring his past relationships that much given when they did it ended up in exchanges that had me going huh?  Like when Meredith announces to Beckett that Rick was always a closed book which wasn't good enough for a woman about as deep as a puddle of water and being married to him was like a deliciously sweet soufflé or something...and then walks off. This is what happens when you try and fill in the blanks afterwards in order to provide some substance to what you originally threw into the pot. I'd would have liked to have seen Paula and Gina pop up now and again given they're still a part of his world work wise. Paula was certainly a character and this is sacrilege for some but I actually like Gina but she wasn't what he needed even if she ticked all the boxes. 

• Love 1
She doesn't look terribly excited, but I think she's going to be offered some super amazing (not to mention wildly improbable) job opportunity.

Heh, bound to be but if it's anything political please dear God have Kate give a firm no to whatever amazingly wonderful opportunity it is because I very much doubt these writers can make frothy weekly fun out of Beckett starting her climb towards becoming a future political high flyer...yawn.

Someone whose Latin is better than mine may try to figure out what kind of office this is.

"Sigillum Civitas Novi Eboraci" which means literally The Seal of the City of New York. Thank you wiki.

Edited by verdana

1. Castle got divorced from Meredith because:

a) Meredith cheated on Castle

b) Castle did not share enough with Meredith

c) Meredith cheated because Castle did not share enough.

I feel like this is misleading. In fact, I still don't understand why people think that anything Meredith said in Significant Others is the truth. She's the ex-wife. She has an agenda. She's an actress. She's dramatic. Of course she's going to spin things differently than they really happened. I think that while she might have felt that Castle didn't share enough, that's probably not true. Or at the very least, not the whole truth.

I think the reason their marriage ended was because she cheated. Why she cheated, we don't know. But we've been given indications that she was pursuing acting, that she wanted to move to LA, that she seemed to be more into her career than her family, so that means that Castle was left to manage a house and take care of Alexis, on top of writing, so if she felt like he didn't share enough, that's probably why. And I can't say that's really his fault, considering his wife was probably just as flighty and shallow then as she is when we get to meet her.

• Love 1

Based on the *worried look* Beckett gave after Meredith departed it appeared those words did unsettle her to some extent and they weren't casually brushed off as the ramblings of a fruit loopy ex wife, not that it mattered how she looked in the end because the next week it was as if nothing had ever happened.

To be fair I didn't mean for her and Paula to be at the same table as the others, but you'd think they would be there if their client was getting a damn award.

Based on the *worried look* Beckett gave after Meredith departed it appeared those words did unsettle her to some extent and they weren't casually brushed off as the ramblings of a fruit loopy ex wife, not that it mattered how she looked in the end because the next week it was as if nothing had ever happened.

Whether or not Beckett believed them is irrelevant to the argument that it all might have been a lie. Or, if not a lie, a giant overstatement and oversimplification. Just because Beckett may have let them get to her (for the storyline about relationship vs. work) doesn't necessarily make them true.

I believe that it was a ploy by Meredith to make Beckett uncomfortable by asserting her dominance as "the first wife", just like she had all episode - with the parading around in her underwear, conveniently remembering and then preparing his coffee, and then inviting Beckett to dinner to share stories. It was all a reminder that she was there first, he married her first, they have a history together. And if she can get out of the whole thing looking less like a flaky cheater, all the better for her.

To be fair I didn't mean for her and Paula to be at the same table as the others, but you'd think they would be there if their client was getting a damn award.

Well, yes.  But if they're not mentioned we can pretend they are there off camera somewhere.  

Whether or not Beckett believed them is irrelevant to the argument that it all might have been a lie. Or, if not a lie, a giant overstatement and oversimplification. Just because Beckett may have let them get to her (for the storyline about relationship vs. work) doesn't necessarily make them true.

Exactly.  The whole point of the comment was supposed to make Beckett feel uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean it contradicts with other statements other people have made in the past.  It would have been out of character if Meredith had said the marriage ended because she got bored and ran off to LA with some other guy. 

They did sort of re-visit the issue of Castle not opening himself up with the Jordan thing later in S5.  It was kind of weak, but they tried.  I actually think originally we were supposed to get more about that concept and it ended up getting scrapped in favor of the DC arc.  Not a smart choice IMO.

Who is that tall drink of water standing next to Stana in Seamus' pic? That guy is hot. He's certainly better looking than Fillion, in my opinion. And thinner. And younger looking. Maybe MilMar take Stana and that guy and they do a spin off. Then the new show runner can do a show with Castle and Detective/ME Alexis.

They did sort of re-visit the issue of Castle not opening himself up with the Jordan thing later in S5.  It was kind of weak, but they tried.  I actually think originally we were supposed to get more about that concept and it ended up getting scrapped in favor of the DC arc.  Not a smart choice IMO.

Pity that whilst they can do justice to Beckett's past with her mothers case when it comes to Castle opening up we get the weak Jordan reveal and a half baked "mythology" that makes little sense and shed no fresh light on Castle as a man at all. 

May be when I discover what happened to Castle in Hollander's Woods this will prove more satisfying a story, it surely can't get any worse than what's already been served up. 

Edited by verdana

Castle gets a mention in this article in Variety titled, "When is the right time to pull the plug on a long running show?"  Good question!

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/its-time-for-networks-to-decide-which-series-will-stay-and-which-will-make-way-for-new-shows-1201480937/

Littlefield sketched out the ways to measure success: audience levels and ratings, plus the creative potential left in the tank. There’s also an economic consideration. As shows get older, above-the-line costs grow significantly. “Hit shows are far more expensive than new shows,” Littlefield said. “In the past, there was a tendency to pay up as shows became more expensive to hold onto.”

For instance, “Castle,” now in its seventh season at ABC, is a solid performer that the net wants to keep on its slate, but it won’t happen without major tweaks on the call sheet. Series creator Andrew Marlowe is stepping away from season eight, as is David Amann, who replaced Marlowe this past year as showrunner. Meanwhile, star Nathan Fillion reached a deal for another season, but his co-star, Stana Katic, has yet to sign on again.

I think the creative potential on Castle, or at least, the creative tank of the long running showrunners and writers, has been diminishing for quite a few seasons. With Castle and Beckett married, where else is there to go in their story?  At least if one perceives the love story to be the main driver of the story.  But if one perceives the COTW as the main driver, then in theory they can do a million more episodes of a couple solving crimes.  I think Castle can go on for a few more seasons if they really wanted to but it'll be mostly a mediocre procedural and won't ever recapture the creative heights of S1-2/3, bar one or two episodes here and there.  Maybe that's par for the course for most shows, especially if there isn't a change in showrunner or a big shakeup in the creative staff.  Once the slow decline begins, it's very hard to reclaim earlier quality.

Cool time lapse photo of Castle cast and crew.  Although it went by a bit too quickly for me to spot much!  The regular photo and the crazy pose photo will be a nice one for their photobooks.  Interesting to compare this with the big group photo taken at the end of S1 when they were just babies.

Nathan Fillion @NathanFillion  ·  
What an incredible job by @MollyQuinn93 and @Joshingtron on the last episode of Castle. Thank you for making the show so fun.

Edited by madmaverick

The fact that we never got to see Castle and Beckett have a meaningful conversation about his past marriages is complete bullshit.  That's a conversation all couples have when either have been married previously or been in serious relationships.  Learning why it failed and how to avoid making the same mistakes.  But the writers never deemed it an important enough conversation to have for some reason.  Just as they didn't deem a specific conversation about money or their future plans interesting enough either.   In an episode titled Significant Others, we never got any meaningful exploration of that huge relationship issue.  Worse than that, what we got was Beckett asking Castle's ex wife about their marriage, with Beckett seemingly taking said ex wife at her word, but we never see her asking Castle, her would be future husband, for his perspective!!   How any of that made sense in terms of character and relationship development is a mystery to me.    

The fact that Meredith didn't reference her infidelity but instead mentioned some out of the blue stuff about Castle being a closed book and a souffle is still one of the most annoying things to me from the show.  First, Beckett needed to know Meredith cheated.  Second, Castle had mostly been an open book to Beckett till then about his personal stuff so Meredith's characterisation never rang true to me, definitely not in the context of Caskett.  Why couldn't Caskett have had a meaningful conversation where Castle explains to Beckett that he was cheated on by Meredith and that he never found magic with Gina etc.?  Was that too hard to write?  I felt they did a far better job of giving us insight into Castle's marriages through the writing in S1/2 in what he said to various characters than from what they did in the episode where Meredith actually turned up again after all this time.  Nothing was satisfactory in how they handled it.  Completely off the mark.  Giant missed opportunity.   Unfortunately, just another one of many wtfs in the later seasons of the show where the writers' decisions really left me scratching my head.

Edited by madmaverick

I don't think Beckett needed to know that Meredith cheated. That is between Castle and Meredith. All he would need to say is Meredith was too flighty, focused on career (which Beckett could see for herself), and she could still draw enough that she'd understand why they didn't work out.

Gina, aside from being a rebound for a short time, seems a non issue. Castle could easily say there that their personalities weren't a good fit for the long haul and leave it at that.

Sometimes, as someone else said, there are a billion different reasons from both sides why a relationship fails. I could understand Beckett being concerned but she should also know that life holds no guarantees and even if things failed before, people evolve.

And with Gina-- it might be worth remembering what he said about sleeping with his decorator. He and Gina work well together, but a more intimate relationship wasn't good.

And maybe this should be in unpopular opinions, but:  both ex-wives are career oriented. Meredith to the extent that she abandoned her baby and moved to the West Coast. 

Beckett is very career oriented.

Angst approaches in Season Ten.

Hey, @Elysium1973, this post is no slight to you, so I just wanted to say so. But isn't the Daily Mirror a UK tabloid site more or less? Meaning the info is full of half truths, etc.?

Not to say I couldn't see the scenario they had written about playing out, but...yeah. And I find it hard to believe that they know about the renewal before TV Line or Deadline breaks the story, etc.

But as I keep saying, time will tell!

Oh no problem Wendy!  I think most of it is completely bananas!  Matter of fact, I was really shocked about some of the stuff in the article.  That said, I thought it would be of interest to some to read any Castle related news, no matter how completely absurd it is.

The Daily Mail is my guilty pleasure.  I know verdana is going to completely clown on me for even reading it all.

;)

Oh no problem Wendy!  I think most of it is completely bananas!  Matter of fact, I was really shocked about some of the stuff in the article.  That said, I thought it would be of interest to some to read any Castle related news, no matter how completely absurd it is.

The Daily Mail is my guilty pleasure.  I know verdana is going to completely clown on me for even reading it all.

;)

No problem. And I can relate: I used to read Star magazine as a teenager.  :-)

What's with that article calling Stana "Nathan's ex"?  That's certainly not something that's ever been confirmed by anyone.

And not likely to ever be confirmed or denied by anyone, either way.

The Daily Mail is notorious for playing fast and loose with "facts", if there are even any in that article.  The number of times it has been sued for publishing completely made up stuff!  Yet it continues to do so of course.  I would not trust anything written in DM at all and this article sounds like a complete load of bollocks. 

And not likely to ever be confirmed or denied by anyone, either way.

The Daily Mail is notorious for playing fast and loose with "facts", if there are even any in that article.  The number of times it has been sued for publishing completely made up stuff!  Yet it continues to do so of course.  I would not trust anything written in DM at all and this article sounds like a complete load of bollocks. 

Oh, yeah, I wouldn't expect it to ever be confirmed/denied.  And I don't believe anything in DM.  I was just surprised that it presented that like it was common knowledge that the two had a past relationship, when I don't think it has even been printed in a tabloid before.  Speculated about among fans, yes, but not reported.

First, Beckett needed to know Meredith cheated.

Maybe, but it should have come from Castle. Meredith certainly isn't going to offer that information up. I don't think seriously owning up to her shortcomings is in her nature, first of all. And I feel like even if she wasn't trying to one-up Beckett she wouldn't have told the truth. Not many people would be willing or able to say "yeah, I cheated on him, but I like to think we're bffs now, and I'm kind of jealous he's sleeping with you instead of me", which is basically what I took away from Meredith in Significant Others.

Aaah the Daily Mail thank you Elysium, it's not quite as low down the pecking order as The Sun or The Mirror but it's getting that way. What would I do with myself over lunchtime at work without their daily entertainment "news" stories about the stars, I can't get enough of it. It's a complete shocker to see them in there and worth posting for that reason alone, Castle is not exactly on the Daily Mail's radar normally.  I do hope after this splash Nathan can continue "quietly canoodling" with Clooney's ex Krista. Clooney speaks highly of that paper of course, I'm surprised they dare even mention his name after they dissed his new wife and her family LOL. 

• Love 1

I know.  That's what I found interesting too.  There's certainly been speculation...about both them dating and them not getting along now.  I could certainly find some credence in them not getting on right now, but again, that's purely conjecture on my part.  I really hope someone writes a tell all about this show down the line.  Well, I think I'd like to read the Grey's Anatomy tell all first, then Castle.

I buy that he's dating Krista Allen.  She seems to be his type.  I hope they're happy, if, in fact they are dating.

verdana, my soul sister, you read the DM too!  Oh god, it's so bad, but it's so good.

Edited by Elysium1973

Is it bad I couldn't even finish the article? It felt the same to me as when the Enquirer reported that Stana broke up Streisand and Brolin's marriage.

The only thing I'd buy from what I did read was that Nathan is dating Krista Allen. But then, it's not that hard to connect those dots and draw that conclusion if you've been paying attention to his social life.

As far as their "source" ... I'd almost say they created him to serve the purpose of their random story.

That article is absolutely crap, but I can't help but be sad that this is the consistent media gossip description of the Nathan/Stana relationship. Especially when there hasn't been one instance of them being cordial bts on set in the past 4+ years. I'm not saying they aren't cordial or even BFF, just that the *perception* by too many people that they hate each other (and very little proof otherwise) is unsettling.

For instance, “Castle,” now in its seventh season at ABC, is a solid performer that the net wants to keep on its slate, but it won’t happen without major tweaks on the call sheet. Series creator Andrew Marlowe is stepping away from season eight, as is David Amann, who replaced Marlowe this past year as showrunner. Meanwhile, star Nathan Fillion reached a deal for another season, but his co-star, Stana Katic, has yet to sign on again.

Thanks madmaverick, interesting article and it ties in with my suspicions about why certain things have been happening. Budget is clearly an issue as a show ages and the cash has to be spread ever more thinly around.  This season they've employed more first time directors I presume because they're cheaper to hire and I expect to see more of them next season.  They've also lost quite a few long time crew members again I presume it's cheaper to hire relative newbies. I can tell the budget is getting tighter by some of the kind of episodes they do and I'm certain that pensioning Susan off is a real possibility as when they cast her she was a name and wouldn't have been cheap to employ. Molly too although probably not that expensive is someone we will probably see less of and Tamala too if they can manage it. Amman has gone and Marlowe and Miller look like they'll be heading off into the sunset and what about Bowman? He's got a name for himself and he must cost too. 

As for audience levels and ratings well the ratings have been steadily falling but then so have many other shows and Castle has always been a steady plodder for the network as for the creative potential well I can't say I've any confidence they've got much left to play with, mad maverick is right where do they go story wise? The journey is pretty much done and dusted aside from the obvious baby drama and that can't last forever. They need a major kick up the pants in that writers room if they decide they want to extend the life of the show past S8 and beyond and I don't sense there's the drive to do so at least not at present.  

That article is absolutely crap, but I can't help but be sad that this is the consistent media gossip description of the Nathan/Stana relationship. Especially when there hasn't been one instance of them being cordial bts on set in the past 4+ years. I'm not saying they aren't cordial or even BFF, just that the *perception* by too many people that they hate each other (and very little proof otherwise) is unsettling.

Is it really that consistent?  I feel like there have been a couple reports about it and then the fans have taken those and run with it.  It's not like we are getting story after story every season about problems on set like has happened with some shows.  And they seem cordial enough in bloopers (which are admittedly very brief moments out of a year).

I will say that whatever is between Stana and Nathan, the rest of the cast seems to legitimately like both of them.  So, I don't think either of them are horrible people or that they are having major blow outs on set. 

I don't know why I feel sad about how two actors I've never met feel about each other.....