Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I figure that a S8 is going to happen and that's it's anything after that that's up in the air. I still maintain that everyone involved in Castle is too classy to just walk away and leave things unresolved. If that were going to happen it would have been at the mercy of ABC. It would be nice to have some forewarning, so if a S8 is the end so be it, but I hope everyone knows that going in and can plan and adjust accordingly.

I'd be cool with one more season and knowing ahead of time it was the last. They can wrap up what they want to and we don't have to go through the WTWT renewal process for the 8th time.

I could deal with that too.  I really like when shows know they are ending ahead of time and have time to do a good ending.  I think the cast, crew, and writers on this show are all a little burnt out and sometimes phone it in, but I bet if they knew something was the end they'd do it justice.  Also the writers wouldn't need to worry about creating new mythologies and just write good stories.

I still enjoy the show, but it can't last forever, so I'd like knowing a full year ahead of time it was ending.

Season 7 could have been the last for all Amann and Marlowe knew and that didn't stop them when it came to boring me rigid with talk of mythology every five minutes and a season of Castle that's gone nowhere (yet) so I'm wary that much will change from a writing POV if there is a S8.  Unless the actors have demanded they pull their finger out and give them something better so they would sign up.

The idea of going through this renewal process every year feels me with dread, it's been so tiresome and affects everything. 

Castle Vital Scenes ‏@BecklebeeCastle  1 hr1 hour ago
from location filming on Apr14 in "swing" park,likely Caskett will be making important talk in swing again? #Castle 7x23 spoiler-speculation

Appears from people who follow their location shoots by the looks of things they may be back at the swings next week. I'll be interested if they accidentally on purpose allow fans (who are bound to turn up to lurk around) to see what's going on. It has to be for something important and if they're trying to make up for the hash up that was 6.23 my first thought is a pregnancy announcement. A lot of fans have suggested that would be the perfect place for her to do it as almost every milestone moment has occurred there.

Seamus has just posted a picture of the empty precinct saying last scene in there.

https://instagram.com/p/1UrJC0gkmD/

Edited by verdana

The Price Of Success: Hit Shows Bracing For Cast Exits & Untimely Cancellations at Deadline Hollywood.

Good read, of course Nina Dobrev has jumped ship on The Vampire Diaires but then the main relationship has always been between the two brothers so they can continue on but I didn't realise that Bones was also in limbo along with Castle and some other shows too. Whilst I don't know about the other shows mentioned, it's impossible to envisage either Bones or Castle continuing without their main stars. 

This is a recurring ritual for series that go beyond 6-7 seasons, with the actors usually signing two-year deals at a time after that. (In the U.S., standard actor’s series contract is for six seasons. That is sometime extended to seven seasons in exchange for a salary bump early in the run of a show.) Last year, we saw the Grey’s Anatomy original cast’s pacts come up, with stars Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey negotiating new contracts and co-star Sandra Oh leaving. Pompeo and Dempsey will be up for renewal again next season, along with the stars of the CW’s Supernatural and a number of NCIS players, among others.

Cast contract negotiations are considered a high-class problem as they are associated with hit series that have gone the distance. They allow actors to get in on the shows’ success in a major monetary way or leave if they want to pursue other things. And while six years still prove short for some long-running series, that still is longer than the cast contracts in other countries as evidenced by the major creative shake-up on UK hit Downton Abbey, which saw three main cast members leave after Season 3, including male lead Dan Stevens.

Edited by verdana

Naturally this reminded me of that scene where Castle had his pants ripped off by the dog in S2, and Beckett gives his ass a good perusal as Castle walks away in his torn pants heh.  Of all the guys, I didn't think Seamus would be the one to rip his pants! 

Looks like a juice van was enjoyed by all on set.  Must be nice to have a treat like that in your work day. 

Hm... interesting that they are going back to the swings for the finale.  They ruined the location a bit for me with that terribly set up proposal, although it was somewhat salvaged in the subsequent season opener.  Between the proposal and the post shooting swings talk, it's not a wholeheartedly happy and romantic locale for them.  I wouldn't mind if they did something more creative for any pregnancy announcement, and frankly, I still feel rather indifferent to that kind of plot.  If they do a shot of children playing on the swings or something anvil like like that before any pregnancy announcement, I will be rolling my eyes.  And with Marlowe's track record, I don't trust him to let it be a completely happy event.   It'll likely be mixed with weird angst and melodrama from the mythology.  Maybe Beckett finds out a previously unknown fact about Castle (no, it's not a forgotten marriage ;)) that makes her have questions about him (ugh), or Castle has to 'disappear' again because of some ridiculous reason and be separated from his wife and unborn child. ;) 

How many days are they into shooting the finale?  If it's goodbye to the precinct already (and I think they shot at the loft earlier), then maybe it means there won't be that many scenes set at the precinct in the finale.

How many days are they into shooting the finale?

Andrew Bikichky recently tweeted there's five days to go. Terri tweeted they got started on the 8th. 

Yeah unfortunately Marlowe record at the swings is patchy and it concerns me that what should be a joyous moment for Castle and Beckett as a couple embarking on the next stage of their lives together ends up getting tainted in some strange way. Whatever they end up doing there it has to be a significant moment in their relationship, I can't see them turning up for some minor plot development and they don't have the time and money to be playing tricks on the fans. 

Maybe Beckett finds out a previously unknown fact about Castle (no, it's not a forgotten marriage ;)) that makes her have questions about him (ugh), or Castle has to 'disappear' again because of some ridiculous reason and be separated from his wife and unborn child. ;)

Bones did a slightly similar story but with Brennan going on the run with their baby after being framed for murder, fingers crossed MilMar doesn't copy them, especially if they're not certain Stana and Nathan are coming back that would be very disrespectful towards the fans. 

Edited by verdana
Season 7 could have been the last for all Amann and Marlowe knew and that didn't stop them when it came to boring me rigid with talk of mythology every five minutes and a season of Castle that's gone nowhere (yet) so I'm wary that much will change from a writing POV if there is a S8.

There's a big difference between it "could be" the last season and "it is" the final season.  You could have said that any season could have been the last season, but they also could have not been.  Knowing for sure would have to have an impact.

S7 could have been the last given their contracts were up, this was not the case before they were locked in and ratings haven't been a factor for years even this season everyone agrees it's not about the ratings just whether the actors want to continue. They've been pretty much guaranteed another season for the last two or three years given ABC's failure to produce anything better.

I'm just skeptical that if they know for certain S8 is the end it will make any difference to how they approach things whether they get 23 or 13 episodes. I can see them continuing to pad out the season with filler and waste opportunities as they've done too many times in the past and leave it until the final few episodes to pack in any decent storytelling about Castle and Beckett.  

Edited by verdana

S7 could have been the last given their contracts were up, this was not the case before they were locked in and ratings haven't been a factor for years even this season everyone agrees it's not about the ratings just whether the actors want to continue. They've been pretty much guaranteed another season for the last two or three years given ABC's failure to produce anything better.

If ABC had launched other successful shows in the past few years, Castle probably wouldn't have been renewed.  The show's ratings were always middle of the road, and the lack of other good shows worked in their favor.  It was usually obvious by the second half of the season that they'd come back, but I wouldn't say they were guaranteed additional seasons at the start of any particular year.

But even if it wasn't the case before, could be is still not the same as is.  They don't know what's going to happen with the actors, but they can't assume it will be the final season and then do something that paints them into a corner when they have to come back next year.  Whenever I've seen a show get an announced final season, they've managed to wrap up things up in a way they wouldn't have otherwise.

I'm not saying it's going to drastically change the caliber of the show or anything, I just think it could have some benefits. 

Naturally this reminded me of that scene where Castle had his pants ripped off by the dog in S2, and Beckett gives his ass a good perusal as Castle walks away in his torn pants heh.  Of all the guys, I didn't think Seamus would be the one to rip his pants! 

I'd love them to do more scenes like that, they were genuinely fun and you knew she couldn't help but stare and appreciate the view. I'd like to see Castle checking Kate out too more often but I don't think she'll be showing her knickers off any time soon in the precinct. Heh. 

gbk_productions

9 hours ago

Welcome @nathanfillion to the #castle here in #hollywood #mtvmovieawards #2015 #guardiantothegalaxy @gbk_productions sunny Southern California along side #lifecell X

alyssamorg

3 hours ago

You can see the excitement in my face when meeting #NathanFillion from #Castle today at the #MTV Luxury Gifting Suite. He told me to tell @creative1958 hello thank you @gbk_productions for having us #BoulevardNightlifeGroup X

Edited by verdana

Sandra knows best © ‏@Sandraxf  23m23 minutes ago

#Castle 7x21 "In Plane Sight" Synopsis

When the air marshal is murdered on Alexis and Castle's flight, they must find the killer.

Hmmmm is this really what they need right now? A father and daughter detecting episode, I'm not interested unless Beckett is involved in some significant way or there's an amazing Castle and Beckett reunion at the end. 

Edited by verdana

Hmmmm is this really what they need right now? A father and daughter detecting episode, I'm not interested unless Beckett is involved in some significant way. 

Being that this is the 

bottle episode for which Stana got a few days off

, I doubt it. I'm not that enthused, either. 

I don't mind a Castle/Alexis episode as the father/daughter relationship and Alexis haven't gotten any spotlight all season.  Would love Martha and Beckett to be thrown in to the mix too, but maybe this can be an opportunity for them to bond separately.  I did like the Castle/Alexis death penalty case episode, which had a different and more interesting case than the usual, though I didn't care for much of Alexis' attitude there either.

I'd love them to do more scenes like that, they were genuinely fun and you knew she couldn't help but stare and appreciate the view. I'd like to see Castle checking Kate out too more often but I don't think she'll be showing her knickers off any time soon in the precinct. Heh.

I do think they have been doing a much better job this season of showing desire in each other.  But I would like more variety in the way they do it.  Doesn't have to be roleplay or frantic making out every time.  Slow seduction would be a nice change of pace.  Or just finding physical attraction in something unexpected, or the everyday.

Not sure how I feel about these glasses heh.  I would like to see Castle in purple more often.  His casual wardrobe doesn't just have to consist of black or white or gray plaid. ;)  http://castlebrasil.com/galeria/displayimage.php?album=821&pid=12763#top_display_media

My guess is that Stana in that red dress has something to do with the SNL episode.

I'm just skeptical that if they know for certain S8 is the end it will make any difference to how they approach things whether they get 23 or 13 episodes. I can see them continuing to pad out the season with filler and waste opportunities as they've done too many times in the past and leave it until the final few episodes to pack in any decent storytelling about Castle and Beckett.

I have to agree with this assessment.  I think the quality and the creative well of the writers/showrunners is pretty apparent at this point and I doubt there would be a big upsurge in quality with a final season, as tends not to be the case with most other long running TV shows.  Sometimes writers/showrunners are too busy focused on developing their next project in the final season to give the show they are doing proper attention even.

• Love 1

I don't mind a Castle/Alexis episode as the father/daughter relationship and Alexis haven't gotten any spotlight all season.  Would love Martha and Beckett to be thrown in to the mix too, but maybe this can be an opportunity for them to bond separately.  I did like the Castle/Alexis death penalty case episode, which had a different and more interesting case than the usual, though I didn't care for much of Alexis' attitude there either.

That episode was tarnished because of Alexis' behaviour towards her father, especially at the start when she wants dad's help but insults him instead as if she's the one doing him a huge favour. I thought the way their conversation played out if he hadn't agreed to go with her she wouldn't have bothered to speak to him again since she was still in a huff over his attitude towards Pi. I was willing him to tell her to leave but then it would have been a very short episode. She never said sorry for her behaviour towards him and I thought she was using her dad because she knew at that stage he would do anything to get back in her good graces. The worst thing was them theory building together, that gave the me the creeps since it's what Beckett and Castle do. I don't like it when they get other people (and especially Alexis) doing things I consider solely reserved for Caskett. I don't even like Espo bringing Beckett coffee. Heh.

The Pi arc damaged the Alexis-Castle relationship and these days I prefer her input in episodes like the baby one where she arrives and sees Castle and Beckett asleep and Martha holding the baby and asks "how long have I been gone?" that was funny and a perfect use for her.

It's the interactions between the characters I want to see front and centre especially in episodes like this one. If they're going to have them separated during this episode which seems likely at least lets have some heartfelt moments over case exposition.

Edited by verdana
(edited)

SNL's Depend Legends that feature's Castle as stars of syndication line. 

NathanFillion: There are certain career landmarks- getting lampooned on SNL is one of them. #finallymadeit

LOL

Edited by turnitwayup

Since I don't watch Castle for the romance, I like the goofy SF themed episodes. I even liked the father-daughter episode because I like Alexis, even when she is not being Miss Perfect.

Kids change and grow up and change and grow up some more. Pi was a change, dumping Pi was growing up.

The alternate reality link further links to proof that Castle is an SF show. http://io9.com/6-episodes-that-prove-nathan-fillions-show-castle-is-s-1661681243

My fannish credentials remain secure!

My guess is that Stana in that red dress has something to do with the SNL episode.

No, Luke has confirmed she's wearing it the finale which seems to hint that there's some kind of party or event going on.

I hope whatever they end up going to doesn't end up going AWOL like their wedding day. 

Luke Reichle @RedCarpetLuke  ·  41 mins 41 minutes ago

@Casketera You will see @Stana_Katic into e red muse dress in the #Castle season finale.

OK, I laughed at the SNL skit. And I love that Nathan had a sense of humor about it. I mean, we all know Castle's leading demo is older folks, so why is anyone surprised SNL spoofed that? 

No, Luke has confirmed she's wearing it the finale which seems to hint that there's some kind of party or event going on.

Maybe we will finally get to see Caskett all dressed up as a couple at an event.  But I'll believe it when I see it. ;)  I'd be more interested to see more of Beckett as Castle's muse (and not get smacked for it heh) than Stana as Luke's muse.  He's probably relieved that a dress of his isn't being slammed by the fandom.  People are too focused on hand placement. ;)

So apparently they're filming at the Disney ranch for the finale?  Are we seeing Rogan again?  Just kidding. ;)  Swings, ranch and Beckett in a party dress... as long as Castle doesn't disappear on her again... But with the penultimate episode being lighter fare, I think Marlowe will want his dose of (melo)drama in the finale.

Yeah the Disney ranch brings back bad memories.  I hope this time they're going to try and erase that with something much better, it gives them privacy away from prying eyes too which is handy.

Please don't even joke about Rogan....

I'm fully expecting some kind of drama to upset the apple cart - Marlowe won't be able to resist the temptation even with contact negotiations hanging over everyone.  If she's wearing that dress there has to be some party, can't be for a case. But what kind of event? Birthday? Anniversary of some kind? Leaving do? Esplanie getting married? Heh. 

Edited by verdana

A bit more on 7.21 at CastleTV

Summary: As Castle and Alexis travel to London, their routine flight turns deadly when the plane's Air Marshal is found murdered. With the help of Beckett on the ground, Castle and Alexis race against time to find the killer before he carries out his fateful plan.

I wonder what they're doing flying to London together without Beckett? With any luck she's finding a new college to go to which would give her a suitable send off like Martha out the loft. 

Edited by verdana

So another trip while the semester is still in session. If tptb say it's spring break then they really messed up on the timeline. It's possible they could be looking a grad schools but if tptb have Alexis be interested in being a lawyer than it would make more sense she be staying in the US for law school. But with these writers they have no clue what to do with her character in college and can't even bother have a C/D level season long story plot for her besides a boyfriend. Even poor Martha's subplot of a role in a play hasn't been mentioned since the 2 parter and instead got random boyfriend in Catle's pjs which let her to plan to move out.

Ryan still manage to at least have a consistent season long subplot that basically started at the baby ep last season. Starting about how much it cost to raise kids to secretly being a bouncer at a club to working security with his brother in law.

Then there was the bizzare sitcom Esplanie subplot last Christmas that hopefully ended the tedious off and on relationship they had. Then there's Gates who got nothing.

Since I don't watch Castle for the romance, I like the goofy SF themed episodes. I even liked the father-daughter episode because I like Alexis, even when she is not being Miss Perfect.

Kids change and grow up and change and grow up some more. Pi was a change, dumping Pi was growing up.

The alternate reality link further links to proof that Castle is an SF show. http://io9.com/6-episodes-that-prove-nathan-fillions-show-castle-is-s-1661681243

I like the science fiction episodes too.  But I disagree with the article that we're left to believe all those various SF things are actually real.

Given that Beckett used all up all her holiday / vacation leave in Driven no surprise she isn't on the plane.

I normally appreciate continuity on Castle since there's so little of it but in this instance I'd have quite willingly over looked this particular lapse if it meant Beckett being physically with Castle rather than stranded on the ground.

It's possible they could be looking a grad schools but if tptb have Alexis be interested in being a lawyer than it would make more sense she be staying in the US for law school.

The writers have probably forgotten about her any possible interest in the law that was so last week. I'm assuming it has to be related to her future though and they're tying up a few loose ends with her character. It would be nice to find out what Alexis wants to do with her life other than hang around the house. 

Castle 7x20 Promo # 2 Sleeper (HD) Season 7 Episode 20 promo

Not sure if there's new clips in here I've forgotten the content of the first one. I'm still offended by his comment that "not a day goes by" when he doesn't think about it. Sorry writers that's not been my experience of this story as it's played out, you gave the guy amnesia rather conveniently for those two months and he hasn't given it much thought at all. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I read that press release and immediately thought of the Bones episode where Booth & Brennan are caught on the plane to China when they discover a dead body which was someone murdered by a passenger. A+ for originality there (not). 

Edited by S55
The alternate reality link further links to proof that Castle is an SF show. http://io9.com/6-epi...is-s-1661681243

I disagree with the author that Castle is a sci-fi show and the proof provided, it has always been grounded in the real world and shouldn't cross into a sci fi fantasy genre that's not what it was designed for and it does so at its peril.  The only case that really left things unanswered that I can recall was in Time Will Tell when they alluded to time travel being real by the way they ended it, mainly because by the sounds of it MilMar couldn't get the story sorted out so they left it hanging. In most instances they have at least offered an explanation or the technology has been in existence which is good enough for me. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Alexis is still an undergrad isn't she? In about third year? Wouldn't she want a four year Honours degree before applying to law school? Or even a different degree entirely that relates to a specialty she plans to follow, like a second Bachelor's degree in Sports Administration, or Environmental Sciences, or Women's Issues or Sociology. Or a Master's then the LLB.

I have a cousin who is currently studying Music at Oxford but who will probably go into law like her sister, rather than become a professional musician like her parents. And do her law degree in New York like the sister, then practice here in Canada, which I don't understand at all.