Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

They say they "expect the season finale to air" on May 18th. That seems a week late to me, considering the only times that they've gone three weeks into May were S2 and S3 when they had the extra 24th episode. They usually take their spring break and then have a solid 4 new episodes into the finale. I think CastleTV is just guessing and they're a week off. It would be weird to have them spread 4 episodes out over 5 weeks after taking 2 off, unless there's something else already scheduled for the time slot that is interfering.

(edited)

DwtS finale will be May 19 (they'll air May 18 and the GF is on May 19). So unless DwtS changes the format it has done in the past there shouldn't be a Castle episode on May 18. Plus as mentioned above preempting it in May Sweeps when they start before April 27, they could have just aired 7.20 on April 27 and be done with it. At this point I'm still going with May 11, day before the ABC Upfronts.

Edited by Nadine
  • Love 1

Kinda makes sense Bowman isn't directing anymore eps this season and maybe beginning eps next season if he's freeing up his schedule to work on The X Files that suppose to shoot during the summer. Hey I'm glad we get a break from his greenish blue tint directed eps.

With any luck he'll leave and not come back if Castle gets another season. I can do without his gimmicks, they may have been appreciated on the X files and elsewhere but I don't like his style on Castle. 

Don't forget the obvious choice of blowing up the precinct!

I can see that as a distinct possibility, it would satisfy Marlowe's need to have some OTT dramatic event and leave everyone hanging on since based on his comments after 6.23 he doesn't give a shit if he upsets fans or not. If they don't quite have the budget by then for a full on set piece they can have it happen mostly off screen and we see the aftermath and then let the speculation begin as to who the survivors will be. 

We know the device was situated under Tory's desk so she's a goner, Gates is looking bad which is convenient since she had just congratulated Beckett on passing the Captain's exam, Lanie and Espo are unconscious wrapped in each others arms amongst the rubble so Esplanie shippers can have something to cry about and of course Kate has just announced she's pregnant to a thrilled but shocked Castle who threw himself over his wife when the blast hit and promptly knocked her out. Will she miscarry? What about her job? Who wanted them dead?  

• Love 1

25 Bubble Shows: Which Will Survive? at TV Guide

The Good News: The charming procedural is important to ABC, and we can't see the network giving it the ax without allowing the show to give its loyal fans a proper ending.
The Bad News: The show's seventh season seems to be losing creative steam, and with it, its audience. The drama is down about 15 percent in both total viewers (8.5 million) and in the demo (1.6) from its most-watched season a year ago. Perhaps most alarming, stars Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic haven't signed on for an eighth season.

I never bought into that most watched season evah they kept going on about last season, you can have figures say whatever you want as for not wanting to upset loyal fans since when did networks care about cancelling shows suddenly? They know there's a ready market for those same upset fans to get hooked on something new and they have short memories and will get over it. 

(edited)

Source. Zap2it according to tumblr but no link provided.

Castle Sleeper synopsis

A recurring dream inspires Castle and Beckett to look for answers about Castle’s disappearance.

So they've suddenly decided seven months later they had better get interested. Better late than never. It must have been quite some dream to get them on the case.

Edited by verdana
(edited)

Okay thanks Nadine.

Here's the also the ABC press release.

“Sleeper” – A mysterious recurring dream drives Castle and Beckett to seek answers about the two-month period when he went missing. But their search for the truth has deadly consequences,on“Castle,” MONDAY, APRIL 20 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

I see one of the guest stars is a certain Dr Burke. I take it that Castle has been seeing him to talk over his dreams.  As this is contained in the official press release I don't consider that news a spoiler. 

Edited by verdana

TVGuide knows how to get clicks, I guess, but I'm not sure taking a page out of TVLine's book is a good idea.

They're not wrong, but I think it skews the facts, especially with the ratings. Ratings are down everywhere on network TV, unless you're a Shonda show or Empire. That includes raw viewers, not just in the demo. The biggest concern about a potential lack of season 8 is that Stana and Nathan still haven't signed a new contract. The end. That's what's ultimately going to decide S8.

(edited)

Stress to Impress: 35 TV Dramas' Most Anxiety-Inducing Hours, Ever at EW

Castle gets a mention with Reckoning.

How it begins: Beckett (Stana Katic) has been captured by Dr. Kelly Nieman (Annie Wersching), a plastic surgeon who likes Beckett’s face a little too much. The only thing she likes more? Fraternizing with Jerry Tyson (Michael Mosley), the presumed-dead serial killer known as 3XK. Tyson has the world convinced that he's a nobody whose resemblance to Tyson is all Nieman's handiwork.

The climax: In his rogue search for Beckett, Castle (Nathan Fillion) is caught by Tyson, who wants him to watch on a monitor as Nieman takes Beckett's face for her own. But Castle brought backup this time, and Esposito (Jon Huertas) takes out Tyson through a window.

How it ends: Beckett works her way out of her restraints just as Nieman prepares to make the first cut, and by the time the team arrives, she's standing over Nieman's dead body. For his work, Castle is invited to return to the NYPD as a consultant. All's well that ends with copious amounts of post-traumatic stress.

Honorable mention: "3XK," "Knockout," "Always" —Kelly Connolly

Edited by verdana
(edited)

Castle - Episode 7.20 - Sleeper - Promotional Photos at Spoiler TV

Thought I'd bump this thread up a little. Nothing that exciting. 

Some close ups here and in particular some nice ones of Stana.

Castle wearing yet another ugly bulky jacket here

Lanie and Beckett presumably talking about lividity.

Like this one of Castle and Beckett and the blogger is pointing out those important details like the adorable height difference etc. She must be wearing more sensible shoes in this scene for some reason and oh yeah pretty hair. It's much better after that awful lank, wretched side parting phase she was going through.  

Edited by verdana

Jaleel White is going to be on Castle? He's no Mark Paul Gosselar, but okay.

I don't actually like when I "know" the guest cast because I tend to see them as I know them (like it's going to be Urkel in whatever is going on), but I do like when people show up that I recognize. Like when Andrew Lawrence or Rider Strong showed up. It's a subtle difference, but I think it does make one.

Jaleel White is going to be on Castle? He's no Mark Paul Gosselar, but okay.

I don't actually like when I "know" the guest cast because I tend to see them as I know them (like it's going to be Urkel in whatever is going on), but I do like when people show up that I recognize. Like when Andrew Lawrence or Rider Strong showed up. It's a subtle difference, but I think it does make one.

Wait, Andrew Lawrence as in Joey Lawrence's brother? When was he on this show?

I completely forgot he was in the show - according to IMDB he was apparently in The Dead Pool.

(edited)

You were not alone. I was doing the same thing to start with until I realised it was too short to be anything practical and it had to be something like TBA or TBD. 

Edited by verdana

TBD is the code word for the mythology, don't ya know? ;)  To be determined... all season long.

I was just joking before about paging Dr. Burke but turns out I was right heh.  I guess if you're going to share a marriage bed, you might as well share a therapist?

Lanie and Beckett presumably talking about lividity.

Girl finally got to talk about something more than lividity last episode! ;)  Happy that she got to chime in with everyone in that fun round of impersonation of the dead personal injury lawyer.  If I were her, I'd be jumping for joy after finally reading something different in the script. 

The recurring dream thing is a bit hokey (is Castle going to be running into a fog? ;)), but as long as it leads somewhere interesting.... physical comforting in bed counts heh... (not holding my breath).  I'm guessing that their search for answers may get someone killed (pile on Castle guilt again).  I don't think there'll be any definitive answers but I would really like an answer to the question, "why Castle?".  I'd like that answered before they address (if ever) the why as to all the other bewildering circumstances of his disappearance. 

The "why Castle" is the most important one, why this mystery writer, single father and general clumsy dork (as he's often portrayed) had to be taken and conveniently just before his wedding.  Does he know something highly important that he shouldn't? Is he possessed of some super special skills we were unaware of that someone desperately needed at that moment?  

I have no idea who this Urkel is that fans are talking about and I'm pleased I don't. 

I have no idea who this Urkel is that fans are talking about and I'm pleased I don't.

Ah, sometimes I forget this forum has many non-Americans. Without further adieu, I present Steve Urkel. You've been warned!

• Love 1

Lol oh Urkel. I remember when Jaleel had his 14th or 15th birthday at the Pasadena Ice Skating Center like everyone else who lived in the area. Long line to get into the rink that day, but I think everyone was being respectful of him trying to be a normal teen so I don't remember anyone hounding him for autographs.

I completely forgot he was in the show - according to IMDB he was apparently in The Dead Pool.

Yep, he plays the victim's friend who doesn't want to talk, but Beckett and Castle end up interrogating him.

Those are the kind of the appearances I like. The "oh my gosh, I totally forgot about him!" appearances, where I don't really have any other association with the actor. The big named associations are good too, but they're different. Adam Baldwin didn't become Ethan Slaughter for me. He was just Adam Baldwin playing a character. Or James Brolin.

Of course, others probably don't have the same association with Jaleel White, so it'll be different for them.

This is more Jaleel White today - he did a run on DWTS maybe years ago.

(edited)
Ah, sometimes I forget this forum has many non-Americans. Without further adieu, I present Steve Urkel. You've been warned!

So that's what I've been missing out on, I've now got enough background on this character thanks Wendy. If that clip is the "best" of Steve Urkel I dread to think what the worst might be and to think that was only part 1 there's more of it! 

The dancing clip of Jaleel White was much better but I was distracted by his partner's dress with that strange white flower/feather(?) arrangement strung across her flesh coloured top.  

Edited by verdana
(edited)

Carly Rae Jepsen to guest on Castle's SNL-themed episode at EW

Carly Rae Jepsen is heading back to SNL… again… sort of. The “Call Me Maybe” singer is slated to appear as herself on the Saturday Night Live-themed episode of Castle, “Dead From New York,” EW has learned exclusively.

There's also some further details on the episode in the article which I will post in the spoilers thread.

Edited by verdana

Taken from the EW article on the casting of Jepsen in 7.22

Here’s the situation: When Sid Ross, the powerful creator of a long-running sketch comedy show, is killed, Castle and Beckett are called to investigate. But as they delve into the victim’s life and the colorful world of Saturday Night Tonight, they uncover a shocking secret that may explain Sid’s murder.

Fresh off her real-life appearance on Saturday Night Live, Jepsen will appear as a musical guest on Castle’s late-night comedy sketch show. And yes, she will be singing her new hit song “I Really Like You” in addition to having some lines.

Yep, he plays the victim's friend who doesn't want to talk, but Beckett and Castle end up interrogating him.

This is more Jaleel White today - he did a run on DWTS maybe years ago.

I guess I just think of Andrew Lawrence as a little kid.  I'm getting old, lol.

I remember seeing Jaleel White on TMZ a few years ago and he "just happened" to have Family Matters DVDs in his car to autograph for people.  It must suck to be so tied into such an awful character, but good for him for still working.  

Does ABC have some tie in with Carly Rae Jepsen so they are helping promote her? If she's playing herself, I can't imagine that she'll play an important role in the case itself.

I guess I just think of Andrew Lawrence as a little kid.  I'm getting old, lol.

I remember seeing Jaleel White on TMZ a few years ago and he "just happened" to have Family Matters DVDs in his car to autograph for people.  It must suck to be so tied into such an awful character, but good for him for still working.  

Does ABC have some tie in with Carly Rae Jepsen so they are helping promote her? If she's playing herself, I can't imagine that she'll play an important role in the case itself.

She'll play the musical act in the episode like what she did on SNL last weekend.

I'm sure they can't wait to head off for a much needed break or may be they suspect this is it and they're even more relaxed and demob happy than usual.

Of course all it does is set the fans off given the show's future is up in the air.

rachaelandthetabbycats
2 hours ago
On the set of #castle with #nathanfillion

https://instagram.com/p/1PTjJVOvY5/

Love that description!

Looks like everyone's goofing off with those Dubsmash videos.  They just wrapped TPW's penultimate episode a few hours ago so they probably had a long day/night.

I hope TPW's 150th episode will be good, but right now, it sounds like a rehash of that other late night show murder episode and guest stars that I don't care about being in it.  The "Call me maybe" singer guesting just reminds me of that episode where Castle and Beckett got stranded in some sketchy neighbourhood and that song was the ringtone for a phone they were trying to use.

The "why Castle" is the most important one, why this mystery writer, single father and general clumsy dork (as he's often portrayed) had to be taken and conveniently just before his wedding.  Does he know something highly important that he shouldn't? Is he possessed of some super special skills we were unaware of that someone desperately needed at that moment?  

This is the question that will probably put the show squarely in the Twilight Zone. Whatever they come up with is almost certainly going to be some kind of silly retcon of Castle's past. The second hardest question to answer in a half ass believable way (at least to me) is why erase his memory (besides the obvious plot point of pissing Beckett off). What could possibly be so terrible or dangerous that Castle can't even be allowed to remember it? I have zero faith that they can or will answer either one of these in a satisfying way.

• Love 1
(edited)

I usually trust TPW out of all the writers to produce good solid episodes although I wasn't completely wowed by his Wild West effort but so far 7.22 unfortunately sounds very gimmicky. Even more than the usual rip offs they love doing. 

I can only remember Jepsen due to that one song which they played to death when it was released over here "Call Me Maybe".

Cancellation Bear ‏@TheCancelBear  5 hrs5 hours ago
#Castle's ratings (84% of ABC's avg) are better than #Bones (71% of Fox's avg), but their cast salary demands are both unknown.

Cancellation Bear ‏@TheCancelBear  5 hrs5 hours ago
#Bones & #Castle are in similar situations. Can their really expensive casts make another deal that works given their low ratings?

Terri Edda Miller @TerriEdda  ·  2 hrs 2 hours ago
#castle Loft kitchen this morning.

https://twitter.com/TerriEdda/status/586245622820372480

This made me chuckle, because I remember that article from one of the set designers who said they ensure fresh flowers are made up for the loft every day or week (?) on set. I'd rather they save their money and spend it on more important things.

Erik Altstadt ‏@EAkorn  2 hrs2 hours ago
Someone was decided to make another bed in Castle's bedroom. #castle #loft #bts 

https://instagram.com/p/1Q_FDRyu5T/

I doubt it's going to get much (on screen) action when it comes to Castle and Beckett taking a "nap".

More artwork from Random Ship. I do love the different things she does. 

writer  -by E

rachaelandthetabbycats
4 hours ago
This is my favorite picture ever. #castle #nathanfillion

https://instagram.com/p/1QvCOHuvT_/

Edited by verdana
(edited)

The finale's going to be an homage to The X Files and the truth is going to be out there... Just kidding. ;)

Actor cast for the finale.  I don't know him but he has the look of a CIA/conspiracy guy. ;)   "Rick, I'm your father.  Your real father!!"   That would be no more soap opera-ish than last year's finale. ;)

http://tvline.com/2015/04/09/castles-finale-wallace-langham-season-7-cast/

rachaelandthetabbycats

From one of her other on set pics, Castle's desk looks like a big mess!  Castle trying to meet a deadline?  Or someone messy messing up the desk and the makeshift bed in his office?  And judging by that flower arrangement, Castle may well spend more money on his flowers than his poor wardrobe. ;)

drstanakatic
#Castle BTS 11:
Things are getting serious on Castle's Finale.

https://instagram.com/p/1RVOgBx4T1/

Does look Deadly Serious to me.  Guesses?  Doesn't look book publicity related to me.  

Thought: looks more like Derek Storm than Richard Castle to me, or Castle as someone like DS.  A photo from an agency kind of file.

Edited by madmaverick
(edited)
Previously, showrunner David Amann told TVLine that the finale will “focus on compelling, high-stakes story-telling surrounding Castle and Beckett mythology,” and that it’d offer a “satisfying end to the season‎.” (Reminder: Castle has not yet been renewed for an eighth season.)

Can't remember that he said it would be "satisfying" before in the previous interview he did with them. He had better mean it otherwise both him and MilMar had better take a loooong holiday far far away if they screw it up and then the axe comes down for whatever reason.

Please no Derrick Storm tie in. 

Edited by verdana

Terri Edda Miller @TerriEdda · 2h 2 hours ago

#castle #family

https://twitter.com/TerriEdda/status/586386879307616256

Terri Edda Miller @TerriEdda · 2 hrs 2 hours ago

Bedroom dresser. #castle

https://twitter.com/TerriEdda/status/586390905759797248

Terri is laying it on with her tweets from the set, lets hope it's worth the wait this time around. I want the focus to be on Castle and Beckett if this is going to be the final episode and not on explosive set pieces, boring case dialogue I don't care about and pointless diversions with the secondary cast.

jennifercsparks: “Parents came to visit me on set today!! Or shall I say… They came to visit Nathan Fillion! ;)” (x)

Not that keen on the shirt. I presume it belongs to Castle.

I'm curious given the three week hiatus and the fact it's the big "mythology" episode if ABC will decide to release a screener beforehand.  

Edited by verdana