Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

If we see a fund raiser of any kind, song and dance routines, any kind of underwear and a Stana and Nathan selfie then it's all over folks LOL.

Given our luck and Milmarmann at the helm, there will either be an interruption or a power outage rendering all into darkness just as it gets interesting lol.

I don't mind as long as Castle's not wearing a dress for "fun" during whatever event they have planned.

LOL.  They haven't hinted at crossdressing as one of their kinks... yet heh.   Castle would have a better chance of splitting a dress than Beckett.  Unless omg she's pregnant! ;)  But I do love that Beckett's willing to go along with whatever fun, mad scheme Castle has planned even if it involves looking silly.  That's true love for ya.

May be this is what Hanning meant by the "best scene in the history of Castle" that he teased about a few weeks back happening on this one.

He did set the bar kinda high, didn't he? ;)  Let's see if he'll come to regret that.  But I expect better things from a Hanning episode than the last few.

A talent show? I probably missed that spoiler. Sounded like some kind of karaoke night from the sneak.

Problem is I doubt they are willing to spend more than a minute on the actual thing at the very end of the season.  Episode will end before it gets truly satisfying. You want to see more of the fun hijinks, but alas time had to be spent on interrogation no. 3, 4, 5. ;)

Nathan posted another fun Hang With video shot from the set of Castle, or well, the studios, in case people missed it as he doesn't tweet these.  Some Castle related boy toys and a sexy prop pop up. http://hangwith.com/user/nathanfillion

Gates is another character I wish they had spent more time developing, especially with Beckett.

Truthfully you could say that about any character on the show besides Beckett. Castle's development has actually gone backwards. He is a lot less interesting in s7 than he was in s1. At the rate he is going if they lasted 10 seasons they would be able to use one of the life size advertisements in the bookstores to play Castle. She could tie a rope to it, say "Comin' Castle" & just drag it around behind her.

Edited by oberon55

oberon55. Yeah Castle as character has regressed, sadly he's more caricature now than anything else. I find it significant that we're only just about to find out more regarding his vanishing two episodes before the season finishes. The writers realised they had nothing to say about him that was remotely interesting (because if they had it would have happened by now) and instead I've had to watch as they dwell on the more goofy "fun" aspects of his persona and ignore what should be a major plot line on any other show.  

The three relationships I wish they had developed were the ones between Gates/Beckett, Martha/Kate and Alexis/Kate. There were so many opportunities missed by the writers to truly explore these women and how they forged a relationship with each other and they pretty much ignored them unless you count a fist bump, mime act and a brief scene or two between Gates and Beckett looking like they briefly connected as character development which I don't.

Reading that article I linked to before at TV Junkies I laughed when they said Beckett's transition into the Castle family had been "seamless" I suppose that's one way of looking at it. But they have addressed very little over the last seven years when there are so many different ways we could have seen Martha, Alexis and Beckett interaction without Castle having to be this constant buffer between them. 

The sad thing is if they had developed these relationships, the show would be much the better for it and probably have a longer shelf life too. 

Going back to the talent competition as teased on that sneak peek I think this is the dress that Beckett will be wearing or something very similar. 

Heh, Penny is another one who knows how to tease and work the audience.  She'll be reenacting the kiss with Nathan at the Castle con that is apparently taking place in Germany over hiatus.  Just kidding.  Or maybe not. :P  

I would love it if Caskett do a hot, sultry dance for the talent competition.  But they are probably just going to make it slapstick instead of sexy.

Edited by madmaverick

I would love it if Caskett do a hot, sultry dance for the talent competition.  But they are probably just going to make it slapstick instead of sexy.

I'd like to see them doing their own interpretation of the famous piano scene out of The Fabulous Baker Boys but I sense I'm going to be disappointed. Slapstick probably, sexy......I'll keep dreaming.

Edited by verdana
I'd like to see them doing their own interpretation of the famous piano scene out of The Fabulous Baker Boys but I sense I'm going to be disappointed. Slapstick probably, sexy......I'll keep dreaming.

I remember in one of those old joint interviews Nathan talked about wanting to see Stana lying on a piano or something like that and she cutely smacked his leg.

I'd like to see them do their own interpretation of the piano scene from Pretty Woman (though maybe not at a talent show), but I doubt that's it, either. ;)1

I would love that, even if it's a fanfic, which is basically the only way we're going to get either of these scenarios. ;)  There is a piano at the loft so it could inspire them heh.  I wouldn't mind their take on the bathtub scene either. ;)

Hmm for a talent show I would guess maybe a magic routine.

Or maybe there's a mermaid? :P

Funny to see Molly take a pic with the boys as BFFs.  No to that hat, Seamus!

Robert Hanning @RobHanning

#Castle Special shout out to my main MAN @TimReilly7 for being #teamhanning from the get go. Enjoy tomorrow's ep! #andgetyourdancingshoeson

So I guess a dance it is.  Will it be like Strictly Ballroom heh?  Last time the closing scene at the disco in the 70s episode was kinda blah and we didn't really see much fun Caskett dancing so I hope this one is better.  Although it'll take a lot to be the best castle scene ever. ;)

Considering DWTS is the lead in I guess a dance routine fits nicely.

SEAMUS DEVER: END OF THE LINE FOR CASTLE? by Lisa Caputo at The TV Junkies.

I think this is a new one, I lose track there's so many interviews with Seamus recently floating around, he gives a little bit more detail on TPW 150th. 

Robert Hanning @RobHanning  ·  19 hrs 19 hours ago
“@foley_marian: @FredBC77 I'm sure @ RobHanning would not exaggerate.” Me? Exaggerate?  Ok maybe a little... #stillreallygoodscenethough

Rob seems to have backtracked a bit madmaverick since his previous hyperbolic statement on best Castle scene ever. 

Edited by verdana

Based on Seamus's comments, the fans aren't going to be the only ones that are upset if the season ends with no resolution and it turns out that contracts can't be worked out. I feel really bad for him, because as much as I don't want this to be the end, it's gotta be 100 times worse for him and the rest of the cast and crew not knowing their future.

That said, I'm still under the impression that both Stana and Nathan are open to resigning, because if they weren't they would have said so already, so that's where my hope comes from. It's nosy, but I'm curious to see what they're holding out for, or if the network has given them a deadline. Whatever happens, I'd be interested in the details, but it's unlikely that we'll ever get them.

That said, I'm still under the impression that both Stana and Nathan are open to resigning, because if they weren't they would have said so already, so that's where my hope comes from. It's nosy, but I'm curious to see what they're holding out for, or if the network has given them a deadline. Whatever happens, I'd be interested in the details, but it's unlikely that we'll ever get them.

I feel like if they really weren't open to resigning there would have been some buzz about it already, but you never know (Castle's not as high profile a show as Grey's Anatomy or anything like that).  But I remember that ABC network guy making a point of saying how the network definitely wanted to continue if they could get everyone signed on.  And Amann said something similar.  So that could be them knowing it may be a challenge to sign someone and trying to get it out there that it's the actors being difficult.  

But I may be reading way too much into things. 

Even if he did know about the finale, he probably wouldn't/couldn't say too much, both because tptb don't want him to spoil anything and because he doesn't know if anything will change if they can't reach a favorable deal in contract negotiations and the show suddenly ends. If I were any of the cast at this point I'd keep my mouth shut ... and maybe chat with Stana and Nathan to see where they're at, just so I could plan for my own future.

That said, I wouldn't say no to Marisa the transit cop coming back. I liked her.

Heh, so he thinks that Espo ready to commit in a relationship. I've never gotten that impression.

What Jon and Tamala say about the Espo/Lanie relationship is so different from what I see come across on screen, I seriously wonder what I am missing.  

Of course the last interview I saw with Tamala, she said that Espo and Lanie were still hooking up as friends, and here Jon is talking about how Espo was said to see the relationship end, so even the actors are confused.

I wouldn't say no to Marisa coming back either.  They should give Lanie a new love interest too.  I really want to see Beckett give Lanie dating advice about someone.

The one way that actors' jobs are maybe a little tougher than ours is that the fans try and dictate when they can stop doing a show or judge them on how many hours they work. 

If the cast doesn't want to suck it up and act their hit or miss characters for more than 7 years, it's not our place to demand that they should.  Instead, we should say "thanks for entertaining us" and that we hope to see them soon on something new.  More power to them.  Most of them don't have to work at all, so sometimes I'm amazed by the fact that they do it.  If I was a multi-millionaire, I'd definitely find better things to do......of course, maybe they like the limelight more than I do....I will admit that I am biased because I really think Castle the show has said all it came to say. 

However.....

On another thread, I mentioned that Castle probably won't end because loose ends weren't tied up.  Verdana pointed out that Bracken and 3XK were tied up (and maybe pointed some other story lines out that I can't remember).  I really believe that Bracken was tied up for the same reason that Marlowe got "Caskett" together.  The fans would have revolted otherwise.  As to 3XK, I skipped that arc, but from what I heard, maybe Castle killed his evil twin or plastic surgery double.  I suspect he will be back.

I don't think they've closed down enough to end the show.  But don't expect to know until summer.  Often these negotiations don't get hot until just about time to start filming.  I don't think it'll be May.

Edited by TVWithPity

The one way that actors' jobs are maybe a little tougher than ours is that the fans try and dictate when they can stop doing a show. 

If the cast doesn't want to suck it up and act their hit or miss characters for more than 7 years, it's not our place to demand that they should.  Instead, we should say "thanks for entertaining us" and that we hope to see them soon on something new.  More power to them.  Of course, I am biased because I really think Castle the show has said all it came to say. 

I don't think anyone here was demanding that the actors do anything or suggesting they owe us, we were just wondering about what is going to happen.

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm not demanding anything at this point. Personally I'll be sad if it ends, but the upset that I feel will be that it ended with an unresolved story. If I want one thing from this show it's for it to be given a proper ending. I'm not alone there. I know it's more likely than not that it gets an abrupt ending (that's the nature of TV, I guess), but I sort of feel like if a show makes it our of infancy it's got a good shot at living a good life. If a show survives its first or second season, it's got a good shot at telling a complete story. What these contract negotiations feel like - right now- is it's like waiting for a diagnosis to come down. Is it a terminal sentence (no more show) or just a false alarm (do we get more shot at an end)? The not knowing is what sucks the most.

(Sorry for the comparisons to health care? I guess I still have work on my mind.)

I'm of the opinion that Marlowe intends to continue, because despite wrapping up 3XK and Bracken and marrying Castle and Beckett, he's talking all these new stories to open and new things to explore, plus still not having dealt with Castle's disappearance. But I also don't think he's wrapping up storylines because he's thinking about the end. Mostly I think one of the reasons he wrapped up 3XK and Bracken is exactly what you think - those stories can only go on so long before they become too big and convoluted, and they both were nearing that point (or got to that point, depending on who you ask).

Some fans might be demanding they stay in their jobs forever even if they don't want to but most people with their heads screwed on accept the realities of the situation if they decide to leave and move on to other gigs. On the plus side for those seriously annoyed it frees up your time for doing other pursuits whilst you try and find a new show to latch on to and you've still got your happy memories and fanfic it's not all doom and gloom. 

Given what ABC have said it seems the ball is in the actors court, namely Stana and Nathan so I presume they do want to continue because if they wanted to quit ABC would be trying to screw the last bit of juice out of it they could had I don't see them gearing up for that. We got one sneak peek this week that's hardly blowing their budget promotion wise. 

It's unfortunate for the secondary cast and crew hanging on waiting for weeks on end but they must know this is the business they're in and everyone has to wait and see if a deal can be reached with the main players. Whilst I think money is a key I suspect how much time they can have to do other projects is important too, seven years on this show must be a grind and they'll surely want more time off. I've heard suggestions of a shortened final season here and elsewhere and I can see that happening as a compromise. 

Like McManda I want the show to have a good conclusion to the series when the time comes, I don't want things left hanging that are going to upset me, I couldn't care less about issues like Castle's mythology and getting that resolved for example, the fans deserve a sweet happily ever after ending, if that's being sappy then so be it, this is the least they can do given how focused this show is on the partnership of Castle and Beckett.

However, I don't believe Marlowe when he says he has more stories to tell, I've seen precious little sign from the writers that this is the case given the many opportunities missed to tell the audience things that would give depth to the characters and benefit the show long term. If the show does continue I do think that will be a consistent problem, generating decent stories.  

Edited by verdana

Fun clip of Gina Torres talking about Nathan Fillion's butt and mentions asking her costar who guested on Castle to do something she did to him lol.  I guess it's not sexual harassment if you get consent first?  Although I doubt a male actor would even do such a thing on set even with consent, or talk about this in fun at a panel!  A shame that Gina didn't get to really play with Nathan (in the acting, non dirty sense!) when she guested on Castle.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUti8r9Mb34&feature=youtu.be

(edited)

madmaverick. I just posted that same article on the other shows thread. Ha.

I was reading it thinking exactly the same thing as you and wondering how Nathan genuinely feels about Castle, especially in relation to the "new mythology" this season which has been spoken much of but we've seen so little. I wish he could read that out in the Castle writers room may be give them pause for thought.  

seamuspatrickdever
12 hours ago
Working hands.

https://instagram.com/p/050xzoAkiR/

I'm trying to figure who the hands belong to, one may be Nathan because he's always attached to his phone and his hands look big enough to be Fillion's, the one with the ring must be Seamus and then probably Stana. So they have been finally pictured together ha.

Edited by verdana

If that picture was taken yesterday, I don't think it was Nathan, because he was spotted on a flight to Canada Tuesday by someone. The speculation is he was in Vancouver filming something for the day. 

(edited)

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Leftovers, Masters of Sex, Flash, Bones, Castle, Grimm, Empire and More

Question: Any scoop about Castle? —Fred
Ausiello: The finale — which is supposed to delve into both Castle and Beckett mythology — will feature a “distinguished, highly intelligent” psychiatrist. What say you, Mitovich? “Perhaps the shrink is a means to pull out of Rick any repressed memories about his ‘missing’ months?'” Yep, that sounds about right.

Oh please don't even go there, if they have Rick "remembering" things suddenly via a quick chat with a shrink (why didn't they go before?) that sets them on some path to relationship angst due to a "recovered" memory or soap opera style silliness like in the last finale my eyes will roll out my head and out the door.

Edited by verdana
Fun clip of Gina Torres

This is hilarious. And yes, would be highly inappropriate coming from a male actor, unless it's John Barrowman. I kind of feel that Barrowman can do or say pretty much whatever he wants, and no one is really scandalized or even surprised :). But I can't imagine Meghan Markle (who was in Once Upon a Crime according to IMDB) doing it on the Castle set, unless she knows Nathan really well. Maybe she just said she's game to make nice with the warrior woman, but chickened out later :).

Nice letter. I dropped TWD last year and can't find the time to pick it up again for some reason, even if the desire is there. Tumblr informed me that there's already a bit of fandom drama complete with hate tweeting - per usual, about it. I wonder if it's about EW's intro that didn't mention Castle, or the outrageous fact that an actor on a show has the guts to like other shows besides his own...

Yeah, Gant, there are icebreakers and then there are icebreakers!  I wouldn't blame her for chickening out heh.  I think one time for a charity kiss Nathan actually put the girl's hands on his ass lol.

the outrageous fact that an actor on a show has the guts to like other shows besides his own...

How outrageous indeed! ;)  The things this fandom can make drama from... ;)

Molly C. Quinn @MollyQuinn93  
“@MarisabeL709: @MollyQuinn93 what's the best part about working with @NathanFillion?”
He is a joy and consistent.

I'm with you with the eye rolling, verdana, but I fear that is very much where they are going... repressed memories is groan worthy enough but I really hope they don't use it to generate Caskett conflict.

if they have Rick "remembering" things suddenly via a quick chat with a shrink (why didn't they go before?)

Because the writers completely had no clue what it was that Castle was supposed to "remember"? ;)  Don't forget how Marlowe claimed he couldn't wait for his precious new mythology to unfold in interviews made after last year's finale.  So excited that he waited till the next season finale to dive into the mythology. ;)

I would be more interested in his repressed memories (ugh) of what he saw as a child in the woods at this point.  At least I wouldn't be thinking how it didn't fit in with the list of absurdities in the mythology they wrote in.

Paging Dr. Burke? ;)  I didn't find the therapy sessions they wrote with Beckett and Burke to be compelling and I doubt they can do better this time around. It'll just be a plot device to get them to the next ridiculous plot point rather than reveal anything deep about the character after his traumatic experience.

Nathan was quite angry at an early Flanvention, when two women were playing grabass with him. He was not amused. Comes under 'Cosplay is not consent' although the con was well before that meme started circulating. Harassment hits the men as well as the women.

Did anyone else have to stop and remember the date when reading Nathan's twitter today?

Did anyone else have to stop and remember the date when reading Nathan's twitter today?

About retiring from acting? Yeah, he doesn't something like that every year on April Fool's Day. Though with him in the middle of contract negotiations with Castle ... well, maybe not the best joke to put out there. You know someone took it seriously.

(edited)
I would be more interested in his repressed memories (ugh) of what he saw as a child in the woods at this point.  At least I wouldn't be thinking how it didn't fit in with the list of absurdities in the mythology they wrote in.

I'd love to know more about this, something from his established past that could be explored which I thought was what they were keen to do at the start of the season - give us something more on Castle as a man especially his history and why he chose the path he did. But like everything else it's been dropped, somehow I doubt that is going to come up since they said it wasn't linked to his disappearance as such, pity.

I agree about the Dr Burke sessions, I was excited when I first heard about him as it finally gave Beckett an outlet into communicating her feelings and motivations clearly to the audience (Castle had his family after all so Beckett needed something). Unfortunately the execution was poor and they barely touched on anything I found enlightening and when they did start getting somewhere they would then promptly cut her off so you had no idea what she was thinking about and were no better off. Not that I should have been that surprised in hindsight, they don't seem to want the audience to know what the characters are thinking to any large degree, just take your pick and hope you get lucky.

Edited by verdana

Heh I saw that tweet and I wonder how many hearts jumped before they realised the day but that's very Nathan. 

Nathan was quite angry at an early Flanvention, when two women were playing grabass with him. He was not amused. Comes under 'Cosplay is not consent' although the con was well before that meme started circulating. Harassment hits the men as well as the women.

I don't blame him, it's not acceptable behaviour and incredibly rude and disrespectful. Men can be just as upset by it as women when it comes to things like this but it's surprising how many people think it's not as serious if it happens to a guy and worse that it's even funny. I suspect some fans get confused by Fillion's jokey persona and think that they can be more playful with him and get away with more but that's wrong. 

I don't blame him, it's not acceptable behaviour and incredibly rude and disrespectful. Men can be just as upset by it as women when it comes to things like this but it's surprising how many people think it's not as serious if it happens to a guy and worse that it's even funny. I suspect some fans get confused by Fillion's jokey persona and think that they can be more playful with him and get away with more but that's wrong.

It's also different between actors working together. We tend to be an affectionate bunch, and touching becomes a way to joke and connect while in set/backstage. Our workplace is quite different than the "real world".

17 Happily Married Couples at TV Fanatic

1. Rick and Kate - Castle
They started out as the tough-as-nails detective and her annoying shadow. Seven seasons later they are one of the happiest married couples on TV. Equal measures sexy, sweet and funny, it's hard to imagine that these two won’t be together, always.

drstanakatic

30 minutes ago

#Castle BTS 9: Ladies & Gentlemen, I present to you-- your Writers.

Although experts at lollygagging, procrastinating & pontificating; they do manage to squeeze out a season or so of television every year. ;) I have enjoyed working & laughing with all of you over the years.

https://instagram.com/p/1ALbeNR4R1/

Hmmmm theres' a couple of puppets in there, that's appropriate since I'm convinced they might have been behind some of the less satisfying ideas like last season's finale and Castle's vanishing. 

Rob kyker @RobKyker  ·  12h 12 hours ago

Back to work. AM has me making some KILLER shit for the finally!!!

I think he means finale.  It's "killer shit" huh? Hope it's good and not just shit.  I see the the crew are starting the build by making teasing comments to the fans but after the last few seasons I take their claims of how amazing it's going to be with a huge pinch of salt. 

"Time Warps" is an item on there.  If that is about Castle (unlikely), they could have Kate find out she's pregnant, then do a time jump to them having a little kid.  That would let them get around having a pregnant Beckett running around investigating killers.

(edited)

So it looks like a MilMar finale with Paul Holahan directing.

According to CastleTV.

The one everyone is really waiting for is the season finale and while the title is being kept under wraps for now we're happy to say the episode has been written by Terri Edda Miller and Andrew W Marlowe. The pair have written many fan favorites including Always, The Lives of Others and Time of Our Lives. Paul Holahan will direct. We expect the season finale to air Monday May 18.

Can't say I'm surprised although I did assume Bowman would be directing.  I love the way they say MilMar have written many "fan favourites" but politely ignore last season's finale, even they can't pretend it was good.  Must be another break if it's airing the 18th that seems later than usual.  May upfronts are a few days before that I gather. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)
Castle Vital Scenes ‏@BecklebeeCastle  28 mins28 minutes ago

on the bright side ;)  we might have more well lit  scenes in #Castle S7 finale now that Bowman is not directing it

Heh. Have to agree with this, that's a big plus point. I'm pleased they've given the job to someone else. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

So it looks like a MilMar finale with Paul Holahan directing.

According to CastleTV.

Can't say I'm surprised although I did assume Bowman would be directing.  I love the way they say MilMar have written many "fan favourites" but politely ignore last season's finale, even they can't pretend it was good.  Must be another break if it's airing the 18th that seems later than usual.  May upfronts are a few days before that I gather. 

I'm not terribly surprised Bowman isn't directing the season finale; he hasn't since "Always" and has been absent from this season since Reckoning. I'm guessing he's been loaned out to direct some pilots like he has before this time of year. 

The May 18 date took me by surprise. That feels late for a season finale than we usual have for Castle. If 720 airs on April 20 (pre-sweeps), I wonder if we'll have another break on April 27 before the final three air in May? Why not just wait and air 720 on April 27 then?

Edited by S55

I hope MilMar realizes (and cares) that 6x23 was undoubtably the low point and worst episode of the series and this time tries to do more than piss off their fans for a giggle. I have zero faith in them, so even a mediocre finale will exceed my expectations. Right now I'm thinking they'll have something like Beckett finding out she's pregnant and, on the way to tell Castle, falls down some stairs then gets repeatedly kicked in the stomach as the screen fades to black and we get to wait and see if that's how our favorite series ends or if we get another season. But I'm sure there's something even crueler those geniuses can come up with.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have no faith in them to produce the goods, why should I after the botched wedding and secret husband fiasco they served up last season and the wretched marriage proposal from hell before that (okay a Marlowe solo effort) but in truth I haven't found their other joint efforts since then that wonderful either. 

As for the cast and crew during the build up, I'm treating with extreme caution any comments be it on twitter or elsewhere because they're often too full of hyperbole and misleading. I remember Nathan's comment during an interview that 6.23 was going to be "lighter" and there was another extra saying to expect a deeply romantic and touching moment between Castle and Beckett - I was sorely disappointed in the stiff, awkward scene that resulted which was anything but swoon worthy. 

Edited by verdana

Kinda makes sense Bowman isn't directing anymore eps this season and maybe beginning eps next season if he's freeing up his schedule to work on The X Files that suppose to shoot during the summer. Hey I'm glad we get a break from his greenish blue tint directed eps.

(edited)

I hope MilMar realizes (and cares) that 6x23 was undoubtably the low point and worst episode of the series and this time tries to do more than piss off their fans for a giggle. I have zero faith in them, so even a mediocre finale will exceed my expectations. Right now I'm thinking they'll have something like Beckett finding out she's pregnant and, on the way to tell Castle, falls down some stairs then gets repeatedly kicked in the stomach as the screen fades to black and we get to wait and see if that's how our favorite series ends or if we get another season. But I'm sure there's something even crueler those geniuses can come up with.

Don't forget the obvious choice of blowing up the precinct!

Interesting that Paul H is directing 2 of the last 4 episodes since he also directed Sleeper. He's basically doing what Bowman did in reverse with Driven/Child's Play.

Edited by Nadine