Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

It's because the Derek Storm spin off was put on hold.

Really? Well that's interesting. Though not surprising since you've heard little about it since it was first reported. Feels similar to when his Philip Marlowe show was nixed. Can you share the reason(s) why it was put on hold? 

Marlowe and his various new projects, I'm not surprised they haven't made much headway. I certainly wasn't interested in watching a Derek Storm spin off or Philip Marlowe detective show. Sounds like the guy's out of fresh ideas and is just recycling similar themes in the hope he gets lucky again.

Can you blame him, really? Look at all the shows that are spin-offs or rehashes of previous shows. I'm pretty sure CBS's whole lineup is different variations of NCIS and CSI. (Do we need a CSI: Cyber? Really? Really, really? Or an NCIS: New Orleans? Probably not.)

That said, I wasn't much interested in a Derek Storm spinoff, unless the casting was great. Derek Storm itself was meh, but I understand why he thought that might be a good idea.

I've never watched any other CSI shows, but the new one seems more relevant to what's happening today as far a cybersecurity/crime goes, so I can see why it was greenlit. Fun fact: former Castle writer's assistant/writer Kate Sargeant is on that show's writing staff. I might check it out for her and Patricia Arquette. And since it's on CBS, it'll be promoted heavily so I can see it doing well for the network (as the NCIS franchise seems to). 

That said, I wasn't much interested in a Derek Storm spinoff, unless the casting was great. Derek Storm itself was meh, but I understand why he thought that might be a good idea.

FWIW, I wasn't terribly interested in the show either. Just curious about why it was put on hold. Thanks for answering, halwideman

I wouldn't be surprised if Stana has been hoping for a more focused Beckett storyline this season after having gotten used to having the mombatross to fuel and focus her character's story for the past few seasons.  At the same time, she has probably realised by now that the writers don't really sketch out season long character arcs for any of the characters, not really. The clear preference seems to be to keep things self contained and limit the questions characters ask about themselves.  The way the writers service characters (or do them a disservice ;)) can be quite at random as they twist characters to fit their plots or to generate drama.  She's really been the only character who has been fortunate enough to have had a long arc to explore over the course of the series when even the title character has been mostly servicing her story for the past few seasons.  The mombatross really had to end, and it's not like the writers have done anything with Castle's mythology yet this season either.  I feel like the Caskett story has grown this season, and Beckett has grown in that, even if she hasn't had a solo storyline of her own specifically. I have enjoyed Castle's PI arc and his AU experience, but I don't necessarily feel Beckett was very sidelined there either.  What I want to see most is still their interaction together and I feel this season has delivered quite well in that regard.

Oh and on the GiveBackToStana fundraiser they're at $7,216, some people have more money than sense.

If they do win the bid, Stana will be too nice to refuse to take back the shirt regardless of her own feelings on the matter.  I wish these people expended as much time and energy on truly doing something worthwhile in the ATP sense or otherwise, which I believe Stana would find far more meaningful.  Do something else to fundraise for ATP if you wish and avoid giving almost 10% of that money to ebay instead. ;)

Edited by madmaverick

I sense from that interview she's pleased at the prospect of having something more substantial to work on at last, madmaverick makes a good point - she's been well serviced in the past with some good storylines and so this season must have been a bit of disappointment in comparison. Being an actor that's what they all want - focus on their character - of course she's pleased that Amann by the looks of it is going to give her that, admittedly a bit later than she would have expected.  Lets hope the writers pull out all the stops and it's a positive and interesting story for Beckett to close out the season.  

Yeah I agree madmaverick about the ATP/GiveBacktoStana saga. 

Edited by verdana

Do something else to fundraise for ATP if you wish and avoid giving almost 10% of that money to ebay instead. ;)

As an eBay seller,( vintage science fiction books, dress patterns, postcards, stamps and postage)  I would like to say it's a good deal more than 10%, between listing fees, selling fees, Paypal fees, and fees on shipping. Plus fees for options like sub-titles and design templates. Closer to 20% of the final selling price goes to eBay and Paypal.

However, eBay has the eyeballs, which makes the fee structure worthwhile.

Whether the fans buy the shirt or not, the charity still gets the money. And Stana can auction it off again next year.

Andy deleted his tweet but he confirmed that filming does finish on April 17 (which goes in line with the ATP auctions, NF on The Chive and Studio System). Forgot that SS original date of April 20 included the strike day just in case it was needed.

So if you were planning to get an autograph or even a picture from NF this summer, here is his announced convention schedule so far:

Nathan Fillion
Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Philadelphia Comic Con
May 7-10, 2015 (Saturday & Sunday only)
Pennsylvania Convention Center
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
www.wizardworld.com

Fan Expo Dallas
May 29-31, 2015
Dallas Convention Center
Dallas, Texas, USA
www.fanexpodallas.com

Supanova Pop Culture Expo
June 19-21, 2015
Sydney Showground, Olympic Park
Sydney, Australia
www.supanova.com.au

Supanova Pop Culture Expo
June 26-28, 2015
Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre
Perth, Australia
www.supanova.com.au

Chicago Comic Con
Aug. 20-23, 2015 (Saturday & Sunday only)
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Rosemont, Illinois, USA
www.wizardworld.com

Wizard World Comic Con Pittsburgh
Sept. 11-13, 2015 (Saturday only)
David L. Lawrence Convention Center
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
www.wizardworld.com

Wizard World Comic Con Nashville
Sept. 25-27, 2015 (Saturday only)
Music City Center
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
www.wizardworld.com

Wizard World Comic Con Tulsa
Oct. 23-25, 2015 (Saturday only)
Cox Business Center
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
www.wizardworld.com

Come to Detroit! I'd totally go and drag people with me. I could go to Chicago ... or Pittsburgh, but that would be a little more of an investment.

If I had to guess, from the late summer/early fall Saturday-only indications it sort of sounds like he's planning on another season of Castle. I mean,  why else would he not be there for the whole thing? We know he likes cons, so I'd imagine if he could do the whole thing he would. Doing just a Saturday means he can fly wherever on a Friday, do the con-thing Saturday, travel back on Sunday, and then be back in time for work on Monday.

McManda, I'm strongly considering going to Wizard World Chicago (it's an easy drive for me and only a few hours away), so if you do end up at that one, let me know. :) 

Per this tweet from Chad, Dara is solo writing 721. As with his solo episode coming up, I'm curious to see how Dara does writing one on her own.

Some folks I saw had speculated she might write 722/150th episode, but I guess not. Any thoughts on who might get that special one? TPW? Terri? MilMar? I'm guessing either Marlowe or Amann might write the finale. 

Oh Nathan in that Mounties uniform again. *sigh*  Castle must have another visit up to Canada soon to deal with the matter of his "vanishing" so whilst he's there I'm sure he could find an excuse to get into uniform.

O Canada!  Watched the sketch and it was... very Canadian heh.  Nathan in a Mountie uniform was a pleasing sight, and on a horse too!  He actually looked very pleasing in a tshirt and jeans as himself on the show, continuing the trend of looking better on other shows than on Castle. ;)  Luke needs to buy those tshirts. Surely there's still enough money for tshirts even if he can't afford another suit for Castle or anorther set of extravagant pajamas? ;)

I think Terri may write the 150th but I'd like to see TPW or Hanning get a shot at it since she already got the wedding episode.  

Hanning wrote 719 so he probably won't write anymore for the season (first time he's not had a Sweeps ep in some time).

I think MilMar will do 722 with TPW and Amann splitting 720 and 723 (so one will do one and one will do the other) or Amann/Marlowe doing the finale together.

Edited by Nadine

I'm doing the World Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention in Spokane WA. I had the city mixed up with Seattle, and thought I could take the ferry there from Victoria BC where I live. My knowledge of US geography is a little skimpy.  Biggest shock though was the cost which I saw in US dollars and will be paying in Canadian dollars. Now looking for someone to share my hotel room.

It's not a mediacon, like the comicons, so the big names are all writers or artists. (David Gerrold, Vonda McIntyre. Tom Smith (a filker).

I did the Ottawa ComicCon in 2013, because Nathan Fillion. I think I spent as much time in line as I did in the panels I attended (Nathan and Jewel Staite, Felicia Day, and a Firefly panel put on by the Ottawa Browncoats). So bring a folding stool if you have trouble standing for any length of time. And that was just a small con with only about 30,000 through the gate over the weekend.

I think Terri may write the 150th but I'd like to see TPW or Hanning get a shot at it since she already got the wedding episode.

Since they've done every landmark episode I agree with Nadine it will almost certainly be a MilMar production, that used to get me excited at one stage but no longer.  If it's Terri alone that's not much better if it's anything like her latest offering it will hardly be worthy of a big celebration. 

'The Bachelor' & 'The Walking Dead' Top Social TV Rankings for the Week of February 16-22 at TVBTN

Castle was 6th with The Bachelor coming out top. 

jon_huertas
5 hours ago
@stana_katic @seamusdever & I met a real live clown @richiethebarba downtown LA! #Castle #BTS #OnlyInLA #picoftheday

https://instagram.com/p/zij1hEHLJX/

May be I should have put this in the spoiler thread?  I hope there's going to be no clowns in any upcoming episode because they freak me out. 

Edited by verdana

Definitely want that scarf!

Since it is confirmed that Amann is writing 7.20 then I'm going with TEM for 7.22 and AWM for 7.23 now. The only way I see them writing a joint finale is if it is a series finale.

Edited by Nadine

Since it is confirmed that Amann is writing 7.20 then I'm going with TEM for 7.22 and AWM for 7.23 now. The only way I see them writing a joint finale is if it is a series finale.

Terri was asked if she'd pen another episode during her livetweet of 7.16 and she did say probably, so I think you're right. 

On another matter, ATP's auction for a Meet & Greet with Stana on the Castle set garnered a closing bid of $29,974.74. And the fund-raising that went on to give the audition shirt back to Stana reached its goal at $8,000. Even a simple signed press pass went for $6,100. So this was quite a successful auction for ATP. 

I think Marlowe would still write a series finale solo. With Bowman directing I'm sure (season or series). Unless he's been farmed out to film going-nowhere pilots again already. ;)

Do we have any directors confirmed yet for 720-723? I think we already know that French one is coming back for 722, correct? 

Someone joked on Twitter it was really William Shatner bidding so he could finally meet Stana. lol 

I suppose if you have that much to spend, it's worth it. I'm not sure what you're getting is worth that price (the terms & conditions were an ~interesting read), but I'm sure the person who won will be thrilled regardless. 

The only thing I thought weird about the T&C's of the meet and greet was that it also included a sit-down with Stana and executive director Louise Smith to talk about the ATP, but at the same time ... that was what you were bidding on. It was a fundraiser for that organization, so ... you'd have to expect that something be related to that, right? Especially if you get to hang with Stana for a day.

That, and the meet and greet had to be done prior to April 17th (the last day of filming, right?). It makes sense (what if they're cancelled, they want to get it done with, etc.), but it just seems very quick, especially if you have to make travel arrangements. But if you have $30k to drop on a meet and greet chances are you've got money for travel, right?

Edited by McManda

I think Marlowe would still write a series finale solo. With Bowman directing I'm sure (season or series). Unless he's been farmed out to film going-nowhere pilots again already. ;)

Do we have any directors confirmed yet for 720-723? I think we already know that French one is coming back for 722, correct? 

No other directors have been confirmed yet apart from Jeannot. I'd say Bowman, Roe and Wright will do the others, thought I'd love them to bring in someone like Chris Misiano who has been doing some ABC shows the past two season (long time fan of his).

In terms of the auctions - I'd love to see how many people actually read the T&Cs to start with. Because I could see some imbecile (and I don't use that word lightly) who would bid for it and expect it to be a Castle set visit and then bitch that they didn't go there, etc. When in the T&C it states ATP since the auction is for ATP, etc.

Edited by Nadine

Because I could see some imbecile (and I don't use that word lightly) who would bid for it and expect it to be a Castle set visit and then bitch that they didn't go there, etc. When in the T&C it states ATP since the auction is for ATP, etc.

Yeah, I got the feeling from reading it that the BTS is ATP BTS and not Castle BTS (whatever that entails). I also thought it was fuzzy on how much time this person actually got to spend with Stana, which I imagine was the biggest incentive to bid for it. So, again, hope whoever won it doesn't have too high of expectations or is too disappointed. 

LOL Nathan got into the dress controversy that's all over the internet. By the way I see blue and black dress and the explanation why we see which colors. Slate article on what both sides are seeing.

Nathan Fillion: “@mindykaling: IT'S A BLUE AND BLACK DRESS! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME”
White and gold.

Nathan Fillion: “@davidduchovny: The dress is Teal. ”
I want to believe.

mindykaling: @NathanFillion I can't live in a world where Castle thinks that dress is white and gold. How many murderers has he let go

Edited by turnitwayup

I don't know what to believe. Apparently the majority of people (at least those polled on Buzzfeed and people arguing about it on my Facebook timeline) think it's white and gold. I've read the explanations on why people are maybe seeing it differently, but I just cannot wrap my brain around the idea that people think it's white and gold.

... it's clearly blue and black.

Which makes Mindy Kaling's tweet back all that more funny to me.

Edited by McManda

Apparently there's two pictures going around hehe that's why it was confusing. Some weren't showing one of them hence why it caused dressgate. I'm in the blue and black corner myself.

I did love Mindy's reply about the murderers though.

Edited by Nadine

So am I a total freak if I think that dress is blue and gold?  I mean, it looks like a very blackish gold, so if I had to pick I would say black.  But definitely not a solid black to me.  I clearly see blue and not white though.

Mindy Kaling's Tweet made me laugh.  She's a very funny woman, so I feel bad that I have no interest in watching her show.  She must be a fan of Castle, cause didn't her show do some joke about how she had to pretend to be a fan to impress her boyfriend's mother? It was linked here awhile back.

Definitely blue and black to me, to the extent that I can understand Kaling's indignation heh.

KaveDweller, you should give Mindy's show a try.  She's a funny woman either way, but her show has grown on me this season after not watching it before.  She has an interesting way of writing couples after they've gotten together.  Yep, her show referenced Castle earlier when Mindy's strategy to win over her boyfriend's mother was to pretend to be into Castle as the mother was a fan.  Nathan also seems to like referencing mothers as fans of his/of Castle these days heh.

That's a crazy amount for Stana's meet and greet.  The things people do for celebrities.  I hope she has good security measures in place.

So the fans have won back the shirt for Stana.  They may have had the best of intentions, but I still think it was a misguided move.  They could have done a separate fundraiser with all the money going to ATP and the organisation would have ended up with more money instead.  No doubt Stana will give her thanks and keep the shirt now even if she wanted to give it away, because she's too nice and classy to do otherwise.

ETA: The emoji of the dress in the David Duchovny tweet that Nathan replied to is showing up as pink on my phone, but teal on my computer? Anyone else?

Edited by madmaverick

Mar 2nd BREAK
Mar 9th  BREAK
Mar 16th 7.17 ~ Hong Kong Hustle - Chad Creasey/Jann Turner (Beckett is paired with a "hot-shot Hong Kong cop")
Mar 23rd 7.18 ~ TBA  - Adler/Roe (Ryan episode) 
Mar 30th 7.19 ~ TBA - Hanning/Woods
7.20 ~ TBA ~ Amann/? (deals with "the vanishing" aka Castle's disappearance according to Amann)
7.21 ~ TBA ~ Dara Creasey/?
7.22 ~ TBA (150th episode) - ?/Jeannot Szwarc
7.23 ~ TBA ~ Finale - ?/?

I think this is update with everything, so only two more episodes to get the writers for and we'll see if Nadine is on the money with her guess TEM (7.22) and Marlowe (7.23).  It has to be Marlowe for the finale unless he's been burnt enough from the reaction to the last one and figures give someone else the hot seat. 

Castle Casts 24 Vet Reiko Aylesworth, Housewives' Ricardo Chavira at TV Line. Also posted in spoiler thread. 

Edited by verdana

Castle Casts 24 Vet Reiko Aylesworth, Housewives' Ricardo Chavira 

TVLine has learned exclusively that Chavira will play Alex Lopez, a popular congressman whose life may in danger, while Aylesworth is playing his astute wife, Mia.
They both appear in Episode 18, when Detective Ryan — who it was established has been working side jobs — pulls some hours at his brother-in-law Frank’s private security company, which has been charged with protective Congressman Lopez.

Urgh, funny you should mention that but I was going to post a warning to those clicking on the link that the first thing they see is a picture of that creepy kiss. *shudder* 

ETA it's now been moved thank God. 

Luke Reichle @RedCarpetLuke  ·  6h 6 hours ago
What witchcraft is this?!  I see white with gold lace. My assistant sees true blue with black lace!! What do you see?

As Luke sees white/gold I feel much better. 

Trawling twitter #thedress tag is funny. 

Oh this one was good given the Travolta picture I saw before:

Ethan Anderton ‏@Ethan_Anderton  42 mins42 minutes ago
Aw, c’mon, not again, man. #TheDress

https://twitter.com/Ethan_Anderton/status/571208908238409728

Edited by verdana

Regarding the writers' I'd love for TPW/Hanning to write the 150th but that ain't happening hence why I'm going with TEM/AWM for the final two. Hehe.

I was only on the net for about 20 minutes for the past day to check in on things and between that time we had Llamas and the dress. It was like WTF did I stumble onto?

• Love 1

Heh Seamus finally revealed what colors he saw hrs later.

seamusdever: My wife @CleverDever are on opposite sides of this dress color thing. #ahousedivided

seamusdever: This dress is dividing our country. #thedress #TheDressIsWhiteAndGold

It's interesting that between the 2 of them, the Creaseys get 4 eps this season. I was hoping for TPW to get another one. I wish for TPW to get the 150th ep if MilMar does the finale together or they could minimize the 2 in a row wtf in a bad way finales by not doing it and give it to TPW. Will Beall was the only one that got a chance at the finale so I wanted TPW or Hanning to write a finale ever since a MilMar written finale manages to get worse each season. Not sure if they get a more wtf finale than s6 but anything is possible with them.

Edited by turnitwayup

I agree the MilMar finales are getting worse. I'd like one that has no big surprises/upheavals in store for Castle and Beckett. It's not as if they have a fresh, new audience they need to attract at this stage and yet another soap opera style "shock" ending could do more harm than good. 

Back to The Dress, at work everyone was talking about it, even the lawyers were getting asked what they thought, about three quarters said white and gold. It's even made the lunchtime TV news here. I understand the people who originally produced the dress are going to start making it again, I don't blame them it's had so much free publicity might as well try and make some money out of this. LOL.