Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Thanks for the links.

Good lord, could my eyes be deceiving me and is that TWO episodes in a row where they will be dealing with the aftermath of a traumatic event? That's genuinely surprising, I thought they would have definitely buried it by the end of #7.02.

I must admit this line bothers me little:

launching him into a dangerous investigation of his own,

Why does Castle need to investigate this matter on his own? Surely Beckett should be involved, especially if it looks dangerous, she's not going to be stuck at home or at work whilst he heads off doing his Sherlock Holmes routine is she? 

Edited by verdana

I must admit this line bothers me little:

Why does Castle need to investigate this matter on his own? Surely Beckett should be involved, especially if it looks dangerous, she's not going to be stuck at home or at work whilst he heads off doing his Sherlock Holmes routine is she? 

Maybe he remembers something and it looks as if he was actively involved and not made by someone else. So he is "scared" to tell Beckett since it might look as if they are getting back on track ? So he goes off on his own to be sure his memory was correct ?

No time yet to comment on Driven, but just saw the sneak peek for Montreal and had to post a gigantic WTF + eye roll.  Are you freaking kidding me?  This is Marlowe's idea of funny?!  Castle has to kiss every female on the show who is unrelated to him plus no real kissing with Beckett.  Is Gates going to be waxing poetic to Beckett about Castle's soft lips in the break room over coffee next?  Ugh.  Out of character, unnecessary, going for a cheap laugh, not to mention it's sexual harassment.  

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

Oh that's smart you get Castle to kiss Gates but we haven't even got to see him kiss Beckett yet, Marlowe your sense of humor stinks the place out.  

Jesus, it's a tired repeat of the pattern of having Castle come on to every woman but the one he supposedly is madly in love with. *sigh* 

Who next is he going to kiss?  Tory? 

• Love 1

I am scared to watch this sneak peak.....

Oh go on I dare you.

It's obviously being played for laughs but it's weird. He's in the precinct and this is his boss lady. I hope and pray that they'e not going to have Castle behave like this permanently.

This is not Richard Castle. This is someone that Jerry Tyson (aka 3XK) and Neiman paid & gave Castle's face. This is the best explanation I got for the fuck nuttery of that sneak peek AND the reaction in that final scene of the premiere.  

That sneak is not cute. Not at all! Playful or not! You don't kiss a woman, unwarranted, and you don't kiss another woman when you are #1 engaged to be married and #2 your fiance is standing right there.  This is not Richard Castle!

• Love 1

Stana attended the LA Philharmonic’s Opening Night Concert and Gala the other night and I've posted a video and some more pictures in the fashion thread which is probably the best place for them as discussion tends to go in that direction whenever Stana makes a personal appearance. 

About that sneak, I've seen talk on some of the blogs I follow that that kiss was a Nathan ad-lib they simply kept in because they thought it was funny. I do wonder if there's something in that because they've admitted before that Nathan especially gets to put ad-libs more than any one else. I'm sure it was Tamala who mentioned that once but at others times we've found out particular moments were not scripted but TPTB liked them so they stayed in and it "feels" more like a Nathan thing to me to do to Penny because it sure as hell doesn't feel like something Castle would normally do.

Unless those two months away were much harder mentally on him than I thought.  

Edited by verdana

If Beckett is in the middle of a case in NYC she probably can't run off the Canada with Castle. It doesn't bother me and I'm sure she will be involved.

I'm sure she'll be involved but to what degree? That's what concerns me since Alexis also seems to be playing a part and if she's around then probably Beckett won't be if they stick to there usual policy of limiting their interactions. 

I'm sure you're right though that this will be a possible excuse as to why Castle (with Alexis probably) can go off to Montreal leaving her conveniently behind. It's funny on this show when the realities of real life policing get used considering they don't give a toss normally but if they need Beckett away from Castle not investigating suddenly it does.

Edited by verdana

I really hate to judge sneak peeks as they are so out of context, but in this case ... Did Castle get hit in the head or something while he was gone?! 

They can be edited too in order to mislead but if that sneak is going to work for me on any level there had better be a good set up for it during the episode. I hope it's not just thrown in there for the laugh and then no one reacts to it any more than what we've seen already.

Edited by verdana

Castle Mystery Man Drops (Just a Few) Clues About Rick's Vanishing

TVLINE | How would you tease this strange piece of new mythology that the Castle character has gotten himself wrapped up in?
I feel like I’m not allowed to say anything, or else the “Castle secret police” will track me down and shoot me in the street. But he definitely has a history with Castle. As far as I can tell, he is someone who looms large in Castle’s past.

Question is: Does Castle know he has a history with him ? Have they met ? Was Castle just holding back about knowing him on Monday or is that memory gone as well ?

TVLINE | Nathan Fillion in a recent interview suggested that whatever is going on here is perhaps not particularly “dark.”
He would know better than anybody, but I don’t know…. Even on the set when we were shooting, they played both sides of the fence with me. I think that could be partially because they want to leave themselves some options.

Nathan and his word play. I wouldn't give too much to that. He also said the finale would be a bit "lighter"

Edited by cappuccino
TVLINE | The premiere dropped three breadcrumbs that weren’t followed up on: the “38” key sewn into Castle’s pants, the Dengue fever thing, and the fact that he had been shot. Will any of those be revisited in Episode 2?

Yes, they will be touched upon. But I wouldn’t hope for resolution any time soon.

Sounds like any hopes fans had they were going to have any straight answers to the questions the premiere set up are dim, no shock there, I got that impression from Marlowe's interviews during the hiatus. they are going to spoon feed a little bit more information the fans but not enough to bring any clarity to the situation. 

TVLINE | By the end of the episode, will we have any idea of what this guy wants — or wanted — with Rick?

Um….

TVLINE | Maybe a half-of-a-half of an idea?

Yeah, I think you’ll have a half-of-a-half of an idea — and it’s “wants” with regard to something very specific. In terms of the whole mystery, no, you won’t have much more information, but in terms of the short-term circumstances, you will understand more.

More fudging, I understand he can't give details but I somehow feel I won't be any the wiser by the time the credits roll.

I still think Marlowe will go the obvious route and make it some giant CIA conspiracy that Castle accidentally got involved with or something very similar. 

Edited by verdana

I love this from Luke (for a change), I know Stana is a Star Wars fan, I've seen a clip where she was fangirling over Mark Hamill once at some comic-con when she was sitting next to him and it was adorable.

@RedCarpetLuke: Stormtrooper of style @Stana_Katic at the LAPhil gala tribute to #JohnWilliams #StarWars (x)

Stana Katic & Luke Reichle attends the LA Philharmonic’s Walt Disney Concert Hall Opening Night Concert and Gala at Walt Disney Concert Hall

Luke looking restrained for once. 

"I’m the luckiest guy at the LA Phil gala tribute to John Williams. Here in a photo booth with some amazing LA power women: from left to right — Supervisor Gloria Molina, Gail Samuel, Stana Katic and Julie Knabe. ” X

Have to laugh at Stana at the bottom of the picture.  

Edited by verdana

Since David Amann is writing 7.08 (credit Amanda Johns Twitter and Studio System), guess we won't be getting Beckett's birthday episode after all?

Hmmm, that's intriguing to me. I wonder when Christine Roum gets her first episode. It probably doesn't interest anyone else but me, but I'm fascinated by the order to eps and the writer assigned to them. I've picked up from seasons past that the newbie 1st-year writers have some space to learn the characters and story before their first ep. However, three 2nd-year writers have already had episodes in the first 8, yet a veteran like CR hasn't been up to bat. And to have Amann back twice before the break is interesting. Ah well... 

That being said, if her birthday isn't acknowledged somehow in that episode, I admit I'll be more than a little disappointed. 

Surprise Beckett! Your husband is a CIA agent with a double life that's been lying to you for years! Would you like some cake?

Hehe well he did say he was going to get payback.

Maybe they might team up Waugh and Roum again like they did with Ninja and give them 709 - since isn't 710 supposed to be Lanie/Espo going by Tamala's comments. I assumed that would be the one of Espo getting close to the murder suspect. The only writers who haven't written yet are Johns, Waugh, Roum and Frost. Speaking of Roum she actually moved down from Supervising Producer to Consulting Producer this year, so maybe she might be like say Beall was and won't write a lot of episodes this season.

Edited by Nadine

Wearing the wedding ring in that picture too. I wonder if they're still on 7x07. That ring better stay on his finger or there'll be hell to pay.

Yeah, I hope they've learnt their lesson after the whole stupid fuss over the missing engagement ring and have both of them wearing their rings in every damn episode. It's hardly onerous on the prop department. Hell the audience might need a reminder they're a married couple knowing the way Marlowe treats romance. 

And this puts paid to any ideas I might have had that Castle kissing Gates was a Nathan ad-lib they liked and decided to keep. I do wonder where the hell they're going with scene because as of now I'm wishing the only time we see that clip again is on the S7 blooper reel. 

Penny Johnson Jerald ‏@btwprod  Jul 28

Personally, I could stop shooting new eps and do this scene over and over!

Penny Johnson Jerald @btwprod  ·  6 hrs 6 hours ago

@btwprod now you know why

Penny Johnson Jerald @btwprod  ·  3 hrs 3 hours ago

Lips like butter. And minty fresh:)

Edited by verdana

Wearing the wedding ring in that picture too. I wonder if they're still on 7x07. That ring better stay on his finger or there'll be hell to pay.

Wouldn't it be funny if it's Nathan's and not Castle's .... but I guess some gossip page or geek site would have been on it already.

"Consulting Producer" is a higher title than "Supervising Producer."

Thanks for clarifying that - I always get the ranking of those two mixed up.

Speaking of producers though, Hanning's taken David Grae's vacated EP spot this season.

Edited by Nadine

Hmmm, that's intriguing to me. I wonder when Christine Roum gets her first episode. It probably doesn't interest anyone else but me, but I'm fascinated by the order to eps and the writer assigned to them. I've picked up from seasons past that the newbie 1st-year writers have some space to learn the characters and story before their first ep. However, three 2nd-year writers have already had episodes in the first 8, yet a veteran like CR hasn't been up to bat. And to have Amann back twice before the break is interesting. Ah well... 

I hope that Roum doesn't get to do an episode any time soon, I think she's one of the weakest writers in there, I've never really enjoyed any of her outings. I was surprised to see Amann back for another episode so soon but may be that's his way of establishing himself as the new showrunner by putting his stamp on things early on. 

Castle @Castle_ABC  ·  3h 2 hours ago

#Castle is acting like all is normal, but he's determined to find out what happened on Monday's all-new episode! X

Is he? That sneak peek would suggest otherwise. (the link takes you to the promo already out). 

I don't know. It seemed pretty in character for Castle to me.

I disagree, I don't think any guy with his head screwed on thinks that's something you do to your partner's boss (unbidden) be it played as joke or not is immaterial to me, that's asking for trouble and worst case scenario a harassment suit. 

Castle season 7 promo (see bits of 7x02)

Them sitting on the end of the bed together is this the latest thing taking over from the usual celebratory glass of wine on the sofa routine?  They seem to like having them in that position now: 6.23, 7.01 and now 7.02.

Edited by verdana

I guess I 'm the only one not really bothered by that sneak peek.

I don't exactly love it, but I expected it to be WAY worse given the comments here. It's kind of whatever to me.

Yeah, I don't get the fuss about it either. (The people on tumblr up in arms about sexual harassment (both in the show/in RL)? Oh my god. It's a TV show.) I don't really get it, so I'm sure there's something that leads up to this that we don't know about. I doubt it's as out of left field as that stand alone sneak makes it out to be.

You can't judge the sneak peeks like that. There is absolutely no context to know if it's going to be good or bad.

I guess I 'm the only one not really bothered by that sneak peek.

I don't exactly love it, but I expected it to be WAY worse given the comments here. It's kind of whatever to me.

Yeah, I don't get the fuss about it either. (The people on tumblr up in arms about sexual harassment (both in the show/in RL)? Oh my god. It's a TV show.) I don't really get it, so I'm sure there's something that leads up to this that we don't know about. I doubt it's as out of left field as that stand alone sneak makes it out to be.

You can't judge the sneak peeks like that. There is absolutely no context to know if it's going to be good or bad.

What bothers me is Castle kissing his boss in front of his still confused and unsettled fiancé. If it was in that doll episode it wouldn't bother me so much. Or even that Valentine's episode. Things with Caskett were solid in both those outings, so it wouldn't be quite as bad. As long as Caskett has a nice moment with a kiss at least as long as the one with Gates I'll be a lot less bothered. However if Castle's only kiss is with Gates I'm going to be incredibly annoyed.

• Love 1

That promo is really cute. Except for the strip poker, is that all from episode 2? I don't remember most of those scenes.

But I like the phone answering. That feels very like them.

That promo is really cute. Except for the strip poker, is that all from episode 2? I don't remember most of those scenes.

But I like the phone answering. That feels very like them.

Yeah it does because it looks like they're getting cockblocked again just when something good was starting up.

But then Marlowe wrote this so I guess he couldn't help himself. 

I think a lot of those scene were from 7.02, the start, them going into the house guns drawn, the bit with the fire and the bed scene. 

Edited by verdana

What bothers me is Castle kissing his boss in front of his still confused and unsettled fiancé. If it was in that doll episode it wouldn't bother me so much. Or even that Valentine's episode. Things with Caskett were solid in both those outings, so it wouldn't be quite as bad. As long as Caskett has a nice moment with a kiss at least as long as the one with Gates I'll be a lot less bothered. However if Castle's only kiss is with Gates I'm going to be incredibly annoyed.

It still bothers me fragile Beckett or not because I don't think it's something any guy would do in his right mind (and may be the excuse is that he isn't...) in that situation and I don't see why if it happens on a TV show that means you have to ignore certain common sense things, this isn't a show set in an alternative universe or fantasy world but I agree they need to throw a bone out there to counter that kiss in some way. Doesn't need to be a kiss though I find their kisses are so tepid that they're not worth the build up I'd rather have a scene showing them being genuinely intimate and loving than watching them attempt to kiss passionately. 

Edited by verdana

I'm kind of shocked Castle gets close enough TO lay a smackeroo on Gates. Seems to me she'd be the type to knock him out or knee him in the family jewels or whatever. Maybe his charm has worn her down.

I'm kind of shocked Castle gets close enough TO lay a smackeroo on Gates. Seems to me she'd be the type to knock him out or knee him in the family jewels or whatever. Maybe his charm has worn her down.

Heh, didn't they reveal that Gates is also a big fan of his books? So may be this was her dream come true but the looks on Beckett and Gates faces afterwards sums up perfectly my reaction to that clip when I first saw it like WTF! 

I hope that Roum doesn't get to do an episode any time soon, I think she's one of the weakest writers in there, I've never really enjoyed any of her outings. I was surprised to see Amann back for another episode so soon but may be that's his way of establishing himself as the new showrunner by putting his stamp on things early on.

He put a stamp on it alright. Stamped all over the characters & kicked holes in an very flimsy plot. Maybe he should stick to running the day to day instead.

"It sounds crazy even to me"

Yeah me too Rick.

Brooke doesn't seem that convinced either and I don't blame her skepticism, the story sounds even more stupid when they bring the details up like that. 

Good to see they're remembering he's a famous author and have him being interviewed on TV, had to laugh at the dig at his falling book sales.

This obviously comes before the clip of Gates taking Castle to task over the phone messages coming in. 

Michael Joseph @MJFenix  ·  27 mins 27 minutes ago
@NathanFillion thanks for the memories! You're a pro... #stormindaCastle X

Picture of Castle in his western episode garb, just his head and shoulders.

Edited by verdana