Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

A Castle lookalike like Forever, whilst perfectly serviceable, just didn't have the crackle and pop and sizzle Caskett had in their pilot interrogation scene.  It's what hooked me to Castle and not a million other crime procedurals.

There were three scenes in the pilot that sold me on this show and that I will always remember with great fondness (1) the hot, sparky, interrogation scene above with a cocky, confident Castle and a feisty, prickly Beckett (2) when he "reads" her and you watch Beckett's tough facade slowly crumble to show painful vulnerability and then she slams the shutters up again but he's got under skin and discovered something and he knows it. Watching that still picks at my heart (now that's how to bring genuine heartfelt emotion into a scene by keeping it direct, simple and not overdoing it Bowman!) and (3) Castle pushing Alexis down the hall, showing that other side of him and the wonderful warm relationship he has with his daughter. Fantastic moments that really brought the characters to life and gave them resonance and depth.

Edited by verdana

There were three scenes in the pilot that sold me on this show and that I will always remember with great fondness (1) the hot, sparky, interrogation scene above with a cocky, confident Castle and a feisty, prickly Beckett (2) when he "reads" her and you watch Beckett's tough facade slowly crumble to show painful vulnerability and then she slams the shutters up again but he's got under skin and discovered something and he knows it. Watching that still picks at my heart (now that's how to bring genuine heartfelt emotion into a scene by keeping it direct, simple and not overdoing it Bowman!) and (3) Castle pushing Alexis down the hall, showing that other side of him and the wonderful warm relationship he has with his daughter. Fantastic moments that really brought the characters to life and gave them resonance and depth.

All three +1 :) 

Well here's Tamala in full flow as usual.

Tamala Jones Teases Castle Season 7, "Girl Time" for Lanie and Beckett at TV Fanatic.

Can we expect any girl time this season between Kate and Lanie?

Oh, you know we have to do it. We have to definitely do the girl time. Definitely expect more girl time between Lanie and Beckett.

I'll believe it when I see it but kudos to Tamala for remaining super positive in the face of mounting evidence which points to "Lividity Lanie" being of little use to the writers now other than to give out medical exposition. 

And for all you Esplanie fans, there could be something brewing. I'll hold my breath on that too. 

I feel sorry for the secondary cast when they have to do these kind of interviews because frankly there's bugger all for them to talk about when it comes to their characters other than say they might get something to do based on hope and vague rumours coming out of that "Fort Knox" of a writers room. 

Edited by verdana

All 3 moments +2, verdana. :)  Pilot is still one of my favourite episodes.

Nice look back down nostalgia lane here:

http://community.ew.com/2014/09/26/top-10-times-castle-made-us-swoon-so-hard/

“You have no idea” in the pilot: Kate Beckett: 1; Castle: 0. Seriously, it was game over from day one.

Heh. True that.

I would agree with all except for the proposal, which did not really make me swoon unfortunately.  I wish we had got one that was swoonworthy! ;)  I wish their relationship was a steaming cup of hot coffee.  They really need to go back to the eye sex and talking in unison mind melding move.

What are the moments that made you swoon (top 3)? Any they missed out?

I would include Beckett reading Castle's first dedication to her as "the extraordinary KB".  And also when he told her that she was tall and that's why she was Nikki Heat and could handle her mother's case.  More recently, the SLTS moment at the end was nice too.  Hm... seems to be mostly moments where Castle says something heartfelt to Beckett rather than the other way around?  Anyone can think of those?  "I just want you" in Always and "I love you" in Still of course, but any other moments?

Tamala really is a trooper for saying the things she does for publicity considering the precious little she gets to do, season after season.  I want to see girl time too but I get the sense it'll be Lanie making Beckett question than being wholeheartedly supportive of Castle.  They've gone in that direction while I preferred it when Lanie was the ultimate Caskett shipper in the past.  So Lanie and Espo's hands touched in FBFW and they may touch on that again 10 episodes later?  LOL. That is so Marlowe's style.  Why even bother? ;)

I thought it was a present day western themed COTW at first (though you'd think that would be outside the 12th's jurisdiction for sure), but if so, why would they have everyone dressed up western style (and not just Castle in a cowboy costume getting really into it heh)?  So I think they end up there through Castle's imagination (again) or some new gimmick.

From EW, Nathan Fillion talks about 'Castle' season 7 and his dream wedding:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/26/nathan-fillion-castle-season-7-preview/#more-186679

Possibly a more reassuring interview after all the premiere previews, depending on your pov.  Have we seen that promo pic before (from last season)?

Thanks for the link. It may have been one of the set released a while back from the previous season's promo shoot but I could be wrong.

Much as I'd like to believe Nathan that delving into Castle's back story does not necessarily mean doom and gloom, I don't trust Marlowe to be able to resist going down some angst ridden path at some point this season with this new mythology and give Castle a darker past too.

Hopefully, Castle will get back to “knowing some guys.” For Fillion, there is one side of Castle that he’d like to get back to this season. “I remember back in the day when we started Castle, he was a writer with a bunch of cops, cops who were trained to solve murders,” Fillion said. “And Castle didn’t have that kind of training, and he had to bring something to the table. And what he brought to the table was ‘I know a guy. I know this woman; she’s connected to such and such. It was when I did research for this book.’ He did all these books and all this research. He’s no dummy, and he’s made some amazing connections over the years and he would go and he would meet up with these guys and he’d have incredible things to learn from these people and they were connected and it was amazing. I would like to see more of that going on.”

I agree he's not a dummy but why then do the writers increasingly want to portray Castle as such? That's what I want to know. Nathan's mentioned this before, in a few interviews and I'm surprised that none of the writers have picked up on this desire and got back to Castle "knowing a guy" I really miss that aspect of the character and Nathan obviously does too. I want to see less of Doofus!Castle and more of the sharp, witty man he was back then.  Castle doesn't bring so much to the table sleuthing wise any more I find aside from the odd crazy theory which often is just crazy, I want him to be be more useful, I don't want to see him solving cases on his own but he is meant to be there acting as a consultant so lets see a bit more of that. 

Edited by verdana

The fact that Castle loves people and loves life and wears his joy on his sleeve goes to the heart of why I love the character (and part of why Beckett loves him too).  So I hope that never changes.  At the same time, I do think there's more to the man than the writers have revealed to date (but Beckett and the rest should know well by now there's more to Castle than his public persona, and that loyalty is one of his key traits!) and any exploration of the man without changing the essence of who he is is welcome.  He is capable of exhibiting a darker side like when Alexis was in danger but that's far from normal mode for him so I hope they don't turn him into Jackson Hunt Jr.  I do miss the Castle who 'knows a guy' too.

I agree he's not a dummy but why then do the writers increasingly want to portray Castle as such?

Word x 1000.  Let's get back to smart, witty, sexy Castle.  Humour through wit and banter, not unappealing dumb idiocy.

• Love 1

Thanks for the info on the time jump, guys. I saw the phrase "significant" and got a little worried. I don't mind the skipping the summer, but I don't really want a flash forward type situation.

As far as the western themed episode goes, I don't really care if it's modern-day or Castle imagined historical dream or modern day historical role playing. I think this is one of their better ideas and has the potential to be fun and interesting. Much better than the normal insert-cliche-into-NYC that they've fallen into lately.

And holy crap is Stana's waist tiny. Geez.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2

Here are some more BTS pics from that same person from the ranch yesterday. They're a little blurry, but you see Castle & Beckett riding a wagon in one of them and a second wardrobe look for both of them, so they must be at this location at least two different times/days in the episode.  

The fact that Castle loves people and loves life and wears his joy on his sleeve goes to the heart of why I love the character (and part of why Beckett loves him too).  So I hope that never changes.  At the same time, I do think there's more to the man than the writers have revealed to date (but Beckett and the rest should know well by now there's more to Castle than his public persona, and that loyalty is one of his key traits!) and any exploration of the man without changing the essence of who he is is welcome.  He is capable of exhibiting a darker side like when Alexis was in danger but that's far from normal mode for him so I hope they don't turn him into Jackson Hunt Jr.  I do miss the Castle who 'knows a guy' too.

Same here and that's why I don't want him fundamentally altered in some way just to satisfy Marlowe's yearning for relationship angst and hoops for Castle and Beckett to have to jump through. You can't put the toothpaste back into the tube as they say and you can't undo damage once it's been done to a character. I can buy into him becoming darker in nature if his only child was in danger but I agree it's hardly his normal persona so the writers need to be careful. 

Castle Season 7 BTS Once Upon a Time In the West 7x07

Paramount Ranch 9-25-14 #Castle #Caskett #CastleSeason7 #Beckett #StanaKatic #NathanFillion #LeatherChaps #Corset #ThighHighBlackLeatherBoots X

Check those tags out! I think that must be Stana in the black hat and high boots, whoah!  Tumblr will go crazy for Beckett in black thigh high boots. 

And some more here.

And Molly confirms NO photo shoot this season.

Molly C. Quinn @MollyQuinn93  ·  6h

“@Castlefan4evr: @MollyQuinn93  please can you confirm there was a Castle photoshoot recently fans are excited”

No, no photo shoot this yr:(

Edited by verdana

Fans on twitter and tumblr are going to go crazy over Beckett looking like that (her waist there really could give Scarlett O'Hara's a run for her money) which I'm sure is the reaction they want. I just hope that Castle looks equally good, I'm fed up with Luke making Castle look so fuddy duddy whilst Beckett looks like an über babe.

Edited by verdana

Great minds...verdana.  I was reminded of Scarlett O'Hara as well 'cause no one in this day and age has a waist that size!  Look forward to a closer look at Beckett's boots.  Prefer this form of badass footwear to 4 inch heels actually.  Castle doesn't look bad from behind..  could it be the return of Captain Tightpants heh?  Nathan on his scooter in western clothes is a bit comical.  Digging the white shirt and suspender from these pics but need a closer look to confirm.  I wonder if there will be scruff.

I was reminded of Scarlett O'Hara as well 'cause no one in this day and age has a waist that size!  Look forward to a closer look at Beckett's boots.

I read this as "look forward to a closer look at Beckett's boobs" and all I could think was "yeah, that corset makes her waist look fantastic ... I suppose it would make her boobs look great, too, but it's not really what they're going for with the billowy shirt ...." and then I realized my reading mistake. Oops. Regardless. It's Stana. I'm sure her waist and her boobs and her boots are spectacular.

Though now I kinda want to see Beckett all dressed up in a period dress. Scarlett O'Hara and Dr. Quinn had some really great dresses.

The proposal was the worst proposal in TV history.   Tamala keeps playing up her character, No dis - but they've given up writing for her,  I I'd rather see Perlmutter.  Given the crappy writing and his talent and other opps, I'd be amazed if NF signs for S8.

From the NF EW interview:

Exploring Castle’s backstory doesn’t necessarily mean things will get darker. Producers have said that the ending of last season will allow the show to look more into Castle’s backstory this year. But for Fillion, that doesn’t mean fans should expect something as dark as Beckett’s history. “The way I’ve been approaching that whole situation is Beckett is this prude of a character, she’s really hard to scratch the surface and get underneath to something deeper,” he said. “It took years and years to wear this woman down. She gets so dark and brooding and she’s often angry and just short-tempered, and Castle just wears his joy on his sleeve. He’s that kind of a man. He likes life. He loves people. So it would fit to reason that Beckett had all of this history and this crazy stuff going on that made her so tough, and here we have Castle, not so tough. He’s an okay guy.”

What in the fuck is he talking about? Is he on the same show? God that man is a douche. He sounds so incredibly pompous. If you scroll down to the comments section more than one person says the same thing.

• Love 1

Why does this show keep doing these gimmicky type cases? Season 1 and especially season 2 cases were good .. w interesting & memorable characters. 

Also saw Tamala's interview at TvFanatic.. why do they bother interviewing her anymore? Real talk! She doesn't say much, her character does nothing but pout medical jargon, and she's always asked about Lanie's backstory .. as she has been for 7 damn seasons! Psssssssssssst! She's not getting one!  

• Love 1

It looks like it hurts. 

Heh, you're right it sure does.

Here's old Scarlett in all her finery, I can envisage Beckett dressed like this. Vivien Leigh had a 22 inch waist apparently which was somewhat more than Scarlett's which was seventeen inches (with corset). Makes my eyes water just thinking about it. Beckett won't be able to do much chasing after the bad guys if she can't breathe properly. 

Why does this show keep doing these gimmicky type cases?

Because it's easy and doesn't require much thought? 

Edited by verdana

NF has been wasted for years.  He is the guy who doesn't hide but signs for fans and take pics for those who turn up at on-site locations.  Doesn't hide in his trailer - not a douche - nice guy with great rep.  Producer - a douche.

• Love 1

Except ... he's not wrong, is he? Because Beckett is mostly the moral high ground character, or at least, she was. She was the by-the-book cop, the one who wasn't having any fun in her personal life or her job (both her admissions). It did take years and years for Castle to learn Beckett and break through her layers. The whole 4th season was a result of her own admittance that she had walls. Beckett recedes into her self - or did, at least - when things got tough. Her mom's case, her shooting - every hardship in her life was a rather solitary experience for her.

And Castle's the opposite. He leans on others. He doesn't really brood or hide his feelings. He's had a sounding board his whole life in his theatrical mother and his level-headed daughter. He's social and not really shy or withdrawn, even with people that he doesn't know. Castle hasn't had an easy life - he's had his share of hardships, but he's dealt differently and that's left him less outwardly bruised.

I know people love to hate on NF, but the guy's not really wrong.

• Love 4

Heh, you're right it sure does.

Here's old Scarlett in all her finery, I can envisage Beckett dressed like this. Vivien Leigh had a 22 inch waist apparently which was somewhat more than Scarlett's which was seventeen inches (with corset). Makes my eyes water just thinking about it. Beckett won't be able to do much chasing after the bad guys if she can't breathe properly. 

Because it's easy and doesn't require much thought? 

I thought Scarlett had a 16 inch waist? Because I remember reading the book at 15 and thinking how incredibly tiny it was.  And I was really tiny back then too.

Why does this show keep doing these gimmicky type cases? Season 1 and especially season 2 cases were good .. w interesting & memorable characters. 

Also saw Tamala's interview at TvFanatic.. why do they bother interviewing her anymore? Real talk! She doesn't say much, her character does nothing but pout medical jargon, and she's always asked about Lanie's backstory .. as she has been for 7 damn seasons! Psssssssssssst! She's not getting one!  

Because she's willing to talk to them, and the people who run the site know any Castle talk will get them traffic?

Lanie really deserves a backstory.  She was barely even in the Lanie episode we got last season.  Would it be that hard to give her something more to do?  It might be interesting if they had her move on from Esposito and date someone else, and we got to see Caskett out with them.  Or see anyone on the show do something unrelated to the case (other than Alexis being bratty).

I like the idea of a modern day role play experience where they shove these frilly dresses at Beckett with their yards and yards of fabric and Beckett just giving it all a WTF look. I mean, I think Beckett can be as girly as any other girl, but being forced into a flouncy period costume against her better judgment doesn't strike me as something she'd willingly go along with.

Beckett could roleplay a mean Scarlett O'Hara, though; all wide-eyed and innocent on the outside and cunning and devilishly smart on the inside.

• Love 1

I hate articles that quote what an actor is saying without telling us the questions.

That quote from NF sort of sounds like he doesn't think that highly of Beckett, but it's sort of hard to tell what he really means.  He's not wrong about the fact that she has this dark past and tough exterior that took years to wear down though.

• Love 1

The proposal was the worst proposal in TV history.   

Agreed, it was awful, nothing romantic about it. A miserable, dour exchange that was deliberately done so as to maintain the element of shock to the last possible second, it was cheap manipulation of the audience. As others have pointed out if your first instinct is to think the other person is about to do the old break up speech then you've got a problem! 

I must admit I've never thought of Beckett as a prude, that did strike me as an odd word to use. I agree with KaveDweller it's not the most flattering description of Beckett I've ever come across, at first glance reading that he doesn't sound particularly enamoured. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

Agreed, it was awful, nothing romantic about it. A miserable, dour exchange that was deliberately done so as to maintain the element of shock to the last possible second, it was cheap manipulation of the audience. As others have pointed out if your first instinct is to think the other person is about to do the old break up speech then you've got a problem! 

That's actually one thing I kind of liked about the proposal.  They had this fight and Castle was still totally committed to her.  He knew it wouldn't necessarily be a super-easy road ahead of him but he still proposed because he really wanted it.  Despite her flaws and her mistakes, he still wanted to marry her.  He didn't need to sit there and listen to her apologize and figure out a solution first, he wanted it regardless.  I think that's romantic in its own way.  She only thought he was breaking up with her because she wasn't sure where things stood and was assuming the worst. He answered that for her by proposing.  And honestly, I didn't think it sounded like he was breaking up with her so she really shouldn't have assumed that.  She was just being insecure.

So, yeah, it would have been nice to have a sweet, cheery, romantic proposal, but I think the way it went down was pretty meaningful.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 4

Instead of giving interviews Fillion should be running on a treadmill and lifting until he can take his shirt off on national TV. Other actors on similar shows who are the same age or older can manage it - maybe in space chub is sexy. Not on planet earth.

The second half of the proposal was OK. The first half really didn't work for me at all.

As hal so rightly put it, most (all) actors are douches in some capacity. Wanting to idealize them doesn't make them perfect. When I was working in movies I had a chance to work on a Woody Allen film in NYC. He's an auteur idol of mine (though not a moral one) and after working with a few people I was a "fan" of, I learned never to do it again. So I skipped that project and I'm glad I did. And no, you should never put too much meaning in what an actor has to say. Always a mistake. I just hoped after six years he would have a better understanding of the Beckett character - but maybe in his world that's how he sees her - angry and distant and prude. That may have been true four years ago but it sure as shit doesn't describe the loving happy woman we've seen in the last two seasons. Happy and in love despite the indifference of her fiancé, who's supposed to love "everybody". How bout this: I'd settle for some genuine love and affection towards one person - that damaged, closed off woman who loves his character with conviction.

Edited by Elysium1973
  • Love 1

I would love the writers to forget about Esplanie too (lets face it that won't be difficult) and I agree with KaveDweller lets have them date new people. Espo could obviously hook up with Tory, she's right there so they don't have to work too hard at having them interact and Lanie could go out with some nice hunky doctor or may be start a clandestine affair with Perlmutter.

Poster shaming/bashing will not be tolerated here. I said it before and will say it again: If there is an issue, PM me or report the post. Self moderation won't fly here.

And just for posterity, we all have opinions about the actors. But post it ONCE and then? MOVE ON.

Thank you.

I get the impression that it was the word "prude" that caused the most reaction, and I find it puzzling to have that term applied to Beckett even at the earliest, since she was never one to shy away from sexually-loaded repartee. Perhaps it's the contrast (and again, looking at the beginning of the series), that she did not follow the usual attractive-woman script vis-a-vis playboy Richard Castle.

I get the impression that it was the word "prude" that caused the most reaction, and I find it puzzling to have that term applied to Beckett even at the earliest, since she was never one to shy away from sexually-loaded repartee.

I agree that was the problem, but I think that was also just a misunderstanding. Prudishness doesn't just mean one is sexually repressed or shying away from all things sex. Being prude is just an excess of propriety and/or decorum and because in (American) culture sex is apparently the most improper thing around, it's just what (American) culture most relates it to.

Beckett was prude, in the beginning. She started by following the letter of the law ("cops don't get to choose the ending"). She didn't want a writer following her around. For all we know, she didn't even want a partner. She may have even kind of felt that Castle was beneath her in the beginning because he was everything she wasn't. He lived for fun and carefree and didn't try to rationalize his mistakes ("it was spring", among others). It did take her awhile to warm up, as a character and to especially to Castle. And none of that means that she didn't have fun with men or shy away from innuendo or male companionship. She doesn't have to be sexually uptight to be perceived by others as having the moral high ground.

At least, that's how I took that bit of soundbite. (Is it still a soundbite if it's a written interview?)

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2
Beckett was prude, in the beginning. She started by following the letter of the law ("cops don't get to choose the ending").

This is the only bit I'll take issue with regarding your description of how she could rightly be called a prude. Obeying and respecting the law is a prerequisite to becoming a police officer and it would be the same if she intended to become a lawyer or judge. She can't be labelled a prude (at least not for that) in my view because she's simply doing what she should be doing, if she wasn't she's being lazy/incompetent or worse. Beckett was quite right cops don't get to choose the ending, nothing morally high and mighty about that, it's common sense, you have to do your job regardless. 

• Love 2

And honestly, I didn't think it sounded like he was breaking up with her so she really shouldn't have assumed that.  

Unfortunately in this case his acting was a waste in your case - NF told in an interview after S6 premiere that he was specifically asked to play as if Castle would want to break up, to heighten the tension.

I take NF a good actor enough to play both sides of the coin at once, but here was only one. His whole presence from the body language through is tone to his face and eyes were not commitment, but desperation and giving up - without any hint of hope and mainly without wanting to be happy. It was the "I will lick your boots dear master even if you kick me" expression which is to me is lightyears away from being committed. It was the complete denial of that Castle which was discussed above, the one who wants to live and enjoy the life.

Edited by halaciHU

Unfortunately in this case his acting was a waste in your case - NF told in an interview after S6 premiere that he was specifically asked to play as if Castle would want to break up, to heighten the tension.

I take NF a good actor enough to play both sides of the coin at once, but here was only one. His whole presence from the body language through is tone to his face and eyes were not commitment, but desperation and giving up - without any hint of hope and mainly without wanting to be happy. It was the "I will lick your boots dear master even if you kick me" expression which is to me is lightyears away from being committed. It was the complete denial of that Castle which was discussed above, the one who wants to live and enjoy the life.

I remember that interview (TV Line?) where he had said it was important not to telegraph the proposal and spoil it for the fans which for me is as far removed from organic storytelling as you can get, not blaming Fillion for that but it fits with what I saw and she looked like she knew it was coming so he did a good job. I presume Stana was told to act the same way although I can't remember her talking about that moment specifically. The characters aren't meant to know they're on a TV show so playing it like a break up to misdirect the fans was the wrong approach to take if you want to stay true to the characters and the world they inhabit. I wanted to see mutual understanding, joy and happiness in a proposal scene not pain. 

That's why the first half of that proposal felt so wrong, I didn't see any love or hope there just resigned acceptance from Castle.  He's already screwed up twice when it comes to marriage and yet here he was rushing in and making another proposal fresh off having the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with lying to him over the whole job issue and he doesn't even want to hash that out properly and understand exactly how they got to this stage before doing it again? That doesn't feel romantic and optimistic to me just blindly foolish. But it suited Marlowe with his fake out and that hurt both characters along the way.

Watching Castle propose after admitting that her keeping secrets from him is just "part of who you are" that really stuck in my craw and the way they wrote his passive acceptance to everything that had happened.  There was nothing positive or uplifting there for me to hold on to as a fan of both Castle and Beckett, strangely that was one of the lowest points in their relationship in my view because of the way it came across, reading that interview afterwards just made it worse. That's why I dislike it when Marlowe attempts serious relationship drama between these two it's often unsatisfying and they end up behaving like a couple I don't even recognise. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

The Castle family photos on the piano.

I presume this is kind of recent, now I can match up most of them with publicity shots or interviews I've seen, there's the one with her in the gold dress and him in the tux from last season's shoot, the one of all three of them (Molly, Nathan and Susan) sitting around a table is that from the S6 DVD?  There is a picture of Molly when she was much younger presumably from her own family album and what looks like a young publicity shot plus one other of her sitting at a table? But the other one I've never seen and at first I thought it was Beckett with her arms around Castle and then realised it was Susan!  

Edited by verdana

Reading that EW interview again it does bother me a little that it seems there will be no emotional repercussions for Castle after this incident. 

I can see where Fillion is coming from with this reassurance to the fans that we won't lose that aspect of Castle that is so important to the character (and the show) but at the same time the guy's been kidnapped and held captive (?) for a few months there should be some emotional baggage he would carry around coming out of that?  If the writers continue to pile on the drama with the characters being shot, kidnapped, poisoned etc at some point surely you have to acknowledge there should be emotional scarring that changes the characters outlook and personality in some small way?  

However, by the sounds of it that's never going to happen which is a shame because the characters would benefit from being given a little more growth and depth when serious events like this occur. I sure as hell don't want Depressed!Castle but there is a balance you can bring to it which keeps the character's intrinsic personality intact but adds more interesting layers along the way.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2
I take NF a good actor enough to play both sides of the coin at once, but here was only one. His whole presence from the body language through is tone to his face and eyes were not commitment, but desperation and giving up - without any hint of hope and mainly without wanting to be happy.

I was thinking more of his words.  He was talking about more and I just assumed from that he meant more with her. I was surprised that he actually proposed, but I would have been more surprised if he broke up with her.  I didn't get a sense of desperation and giving up from his actions/expressions.  If that's what he was going for, it didn't come across to me.

In the interview I read, Nathan said he was told not to give away the proposal, not to act like he was breaking up with her.  Which is still a crappy way to film a scene.

Watching Castle propose after admitting that her keeping secrets from him is just "part of who you are" that really stuck in my craw and the way they wrote his passive acceptance to everything that had happened. 

I think that's part of what I was saying about his accepting her flaws though.  He wasn't saying it was okay that she lied to him, he even said later that they needed to work through things together moving forward.  

Reading that EW interview again it does bother me a little that it seems there will be no emotional repercussions for Castle after this incident.

I wonder if he's being directed to not show emotional repercussions or it's just his own choice.  Because even if they are not writing specific repercussions into the script, they could still do small moments where you can see him thinking about it.

• Love 1

I think that's part of what I was saying about his accepting her flaws though.  He wasn't saying it was okay that she lied to him, he even said later that they needed to work through things together moving forward.

I wish they had brought more clarity into that scene because I read it as resigned acceptance and other fans had your interpretation. Yeah I remember he did say that in the second part and I guess that was the writers may be trying to make that clear given some of the complaints over the hiatus about how the proposal came over initially and made them both look bad in different ways.

I wonder if he's being directed to not show emotional repercussions or it's just his own choice. Because even if they are not writing specific repercussions into the script, they could still do small moments where you can see him thinking about it.

I'd love to know how much input the actors are allowed by the directors when it comes to each scene or are they working on such a tight schedule they don't have time for any of that, they plough through it and then move on to the next set up.

Oh I agree they could work something into the script, it doesn't have to be thrust in the viewer's faces, a few reflective moments here and there from Nathan would do it. If they really wanted to push the boat out they could have Beckett showing concern about how he's doing with Martha or Alexis at some point later on something like that, it's better than ignoring the situation completely.

Robert Hanning @RobHanning  ·  13h

#Castle #season7premiere OMG people just saw S7 premiere yesterday. It does not disappoint. Seriously. #BFFwillbehappy #badassKBex

I have to say the tag #badassKBex isn't one to excite me (I know without a doubt that I'm in the minority there) but I expect to see a lot of that version of Beckett come Monday night. 

And back to Rob, even the writers are mocking that ABC promotion on Facebook.

Robert Hanning @RobHanning  ·  14h
#season7premiere And yes I will be among those live tweeting ECoast premiere... As long as my personal FB page gets 300K likes by then :)

12,000 likes to go when I last checked. 

Never happens with cable dramas like Game of Thrones (imagine letting out clues about the Red Wedding lol).

They let some guy named Martin write five whole books full of spoilers.

Nathan in suspenders. sigh.

The Ottawa Browncoats are doing their annual showing of Serenity this afternoon. I am a happy Browncoat.

• Love 3

And back to Rob, even the writers are mocking that ABC promotion on Facebook.

12,000 likes to go when I last checked. 

M*rons, they have launched the extended SP now, even though they didn't reach the goal. (It was clear that they won't, today increase was only some hundred) Superb marketing: failed to reach a promotable success but at least managed to make a part of the fandom angry. Beautiful.

Nothing new in it, regarding the previous news and interviews, Castle was dragged away. Big surprise. 

Edited by halaciHU
  • Love 1

Well they finally caved and released the extended sneak peek (still 12,000 short) by the looks of it which is additional footage of Kate when she turns up at the crash site.

Extended sneak peek

They have changed the music from the promo which is an improvement I must say from the overwrought soundtrack on that original clip, still makes me laugh though when they pelt her with water as she's sitting there in the dirt.  

That promotion was so dumb they should have just released it, embarrassing, 

Edited by verdana