Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Yeah I agree with you about the naming thing, they could have at least thought of another one, there's plenty to choose from! 

Stana had an instagram account apparently which she set up recently well now she doesn't, it's been deleted (according to tumblr).  No reason given, not that she has to give one obviously. I hope it wasn't due to anything fan related which upset or embarrassed her but I suspect it might have been sadly. 

I'm amazed people have time to find all this stuff at all.  Seriously, don't people have jobs? Or families? Or something?

You know that thing about Castle's older demographic? We're retired, the kids have graduated from university, and we have nothing to do but obsess like tweens over our favourite stars.  

Rngo, Peter Tork and Nick Adams have been supplanted in my heart by Nathan. 

The Pinterest board I run for CAN-CON 2014 (an SF convention here in Ottawa Canada) has more hits on the Much Ado About Nothing NF pin, than on any other. (Jewel Staite is tied for second place with a Steampunk Wedding Cake). 

And talking of Stana she was at the opera the other night.

LA Opera @LAOpera  ·  12h
placidodomingo and @Stana_Katic backstage following La Traviata. #LAOTraviata #backstage #OpeningNight… http://instagram.com/p/s7-rMGSYZQ/

She sure does love Placido Domingo that must be about her third or fourth meeting with him by now. Although I was a little surprised how casually she's dressed there. I'm not expecting her in a ball gown or anything but the outfit was a bit plain to me and nondescript, hope she enjoyed her night out. 

Do TV Series Get Better Or Worse Over Time? Let's Crunch Some Numbers at Spoiler TV.

Long article looking at many shows, Castle featured. Here is what the guy at seriesmonitor had to say.

ABC's Castle is also worth a look. Compared to most other series, Castle's trendlines are very consistent, though the episode ratings vary wildly. Three of its season finales sit at a 9.0 rating, and all but 2 of its premiere and finale episodes rank above the series trendline. I can't help but take a stab at the most recent season finale, which sits more than half a point below the trendline (I wonder why). An 8.3 overall rating from 88,826 votes reflects its popularity, but interestingly its first season, which some argue is its best, is its lowest rated. 

Entertainment Weekly's fall preview issue had a paragraph on Castle which I haven't seeen reported here. The information is probably not much different, but there's at least a slighly different spin:

The car crash that left fans stunned at the end of last season wil launch Beckett's (Stana Katic) biggest case to date when Castle (Nathan Fillion) goes missing. But finding him will only open more doors into the novelist's backstory. "There is a question that we've not explored as fully as we would like to, which is 'Why is Castle obsessed with murder?'" showrunner David Amman says. "That doesn't mean trouble for Castle and Beckett, who Amman says will "grow and endure despite the setbacks of the finale." Fillion is pretty sanguine about Castle's emotional well-being postcrash. As he puts it, "Castle has been brushing death like he brushes his teeth."

Edited by Cyranetta

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, Arrow, Once, Dixie, NCIS: LA, New Girl, Gotham, Beast and More at TV Line.

First off, Jon talks about the boys arrival at the crash site.  

And then this:

You would make my week if you gave us some good Castle scoop! Pretty please with a Badass Beckett on top? –Ginger
Episode 7 will apparently saddle up Kate, Rick et al for a trip to the wild, wild west – or at least a modern-day dude ranch facsimile thereof. Thus, guest casting is underway for a sheriff and his wife, a rugged ranch hand, a “muscular, sexy gay cowboy” and other rootin’-tootin’ folk.

Sounds like a rather gimmicky episode and definitely not wedding material, unless they plan to do something weird and wacky involving the wild west as a themed wedding...can't say that description does much for me but who knows could be fun.  They might allow Nathan to ride a horse which I'm sure will take him back to his Firefly days. 

Edited by verdana

I foresee more flannel in Castle's future... ;)  Too bad there probably won't be scruff to go with it.  Man, are they running out of murder 'themes' but they are obviously determined to stick to having them. ;)

And from the EW blurb posted in the media thread, I foresee no emotional ramifications from Castle's car crash ordeal whatsoever (as sadly expected).  The guy's superhuman! ;)  Too bad.  I'd hoped Nathan might get some more meaty stuff to work with as a result of this, even for an episode or two, but looks like it's going to be business as usual straight away.  Must be something genetic.  Alexis and Castle can recover from kidnappings straight away in the same episode. ;)

Amann's shied away from saying Beckett will be unsettled by something about Castle, instead emphasizing how they will grow stronger.  Whatever. They'll write in contrived angst and secret pasts if they want to.

Sounds like a rather gimmicky episode and definitely not wedding material, unless they plan to do something weird and wacky involving the wild west as a themed wedding...can't say that description does much for me but who knows could be fun.

Man, they are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel with these themes they're so into.   Although maybe it is getting them out of the city like Murder He Wrote.  Which would at least be something new.

A couple of things to share that have been released today. 

1) The official press release for 701. Sounds like a screener is indeed a'coming along with some sneak peeks. 

2) Promo pics for 701 are out, but they appear to be all of the same scene, which leads me to this tidbit I saw on Tumblr just now...

"Did anyone else catch the sneak peek? The official Facebook released a sneak peek and it seems to be gone!

I managed to watch it before it was removed…you see Ryan, Kate and Esposito locating Castle’s car based on GPS. They get off the car into a demolished cars place and they are all armed. Ryan tells them when they are close to where the signal is and they see Castle’s car which is being demolished one sec later. Then some man comes out who has the remote for that machine and they shout to him. The man starts running and Ryan Kate and Esposito split up. You see the camera following each of them and then Ryan and Esposito close on him. The suspect tries to run and you see Kate jumping on him demanding where is Castle. Ryan and Esposito try to stop her and it ends (it’s the scene from the released photos)."

Edited by S55

Thanks for the description, that sneak peek you saw SSS ties in with that scene they shot again at the wrecking yard by the sounds of it.

I'm sure there will be some screeners coming out just like last season, some were overly spoilery though, giving way too many details out.  

And from the EW blurb posted in the media thread, I foresee no emotional ramifications from Castle's car crash ordeal whatsoever (as sadly expected).  The guy's superhuman! ;)  Too bad.

Yeah like father like daughter in that respect but that's no shock especially given the recent interviews from the joint(?) showrunners where they as good as confirmed they weren't going to dwell on this for more than an episode or two before resuming normal COTW business for the foreseeable future. 

CASTLE Season 7 Premiere: ‘Driven’ Photos at GMMR.

Edited by verdana

Thanks Samantha.  Beckett sure is riled up and wanting to kick ass wanting to find her man. 

Couldn't help smiling at this close up of Beckett wearing her ring whilst on duty, lets hope they make her keep it on this time and save themselves one bone of contention for fans to gripe about. 

Edited by verdana
Don't fuck with Beckett, man. Supercop Barbie Beckett will mow your ass down. If the two of them could keep up that level of passion (of the type Beckett displayed in that sneak) then I'd be a lot happier/excited for season 7. News of a murder at the OK corral fills me with dread. I can only imagine they kind of fuckery Luke has in store for Nathan. Please, no chaps.
  • Love 1

Man, they are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel with these themes they're so into.   Although maybe it is getting them out of the city like Murder He Wrote.  Which would at least be something new.

I wish they would get them out elsewhere a bit more often but then you run into problems of how she can be calling the shots if there's a murder where she has no jurisdiction. Not that I sense the writers care too much about that kind of thing and if the story is good enough I could probably ignore it.  

News of a murder at the OK corral fills me with dread. I can only imagine they kind of fuckery Luke has in store for Nathan. Please, no chaps.

Heh. But God no, why did you bring up Luke! I was starting to convince myself it couldn't be all that bad and you come along and put a spanner in the works. Now I have to contemplate some kind of dreaded wardrobe malfunction involving Nathan in a cowboy outfit. 

Edited by verdana

Castle has been brushing death like he brushes his teeth? What the hell does that mean? I'm not sure if Nathan even knows at this point, based on the crap scripts they dish out. I wonder if he's happy they're exploring this new "backstory" in what could be the last season of the show or he's just simply sanguine (happy in the face of a bad or difficult situation). Probably sanguine is the best description they could give of him based on past experience with this show.

A new project for Stana? Think her production company is producing. Wonder if she'll star as well? Hmmmm.   

Being the curious person I am, I had to look up the screenwriter. Not many credits (& admittedly he may not be the final credited writer), but he did write for The Smurfs back in the 1980's. Hello childhood. lol 

It's kind of lame that all of those promo pictures are all from the same scene.

I wish they would get them out elsewhere a bit more often but then you run into problems of how she can be calling the shots if there's a murder where she has no jurisdiction. Not that I sense the writers care too much about that kind of thing and if the story is good enough I could probably ignore it. 

Well, if the writers don't care about credibility why should we, right? But it could actually be interesting to have her not be calling the shots, but just stuck at the same place an investigation is going on.  It worked when they were in the Hamptons.  Castle and Beckett could just watch the local cops run around and banter about it.  They would have to write good banter though.

Do sneak peaks get talked about in the spoilers thread or in the actual episode thread?  That was the one thing I thought was nice about having separate episode threads.

Yeah those pictures are boring. 

Do sneak peaks get talked about in the spoilers thread or in the actual episode thread?  That was the one thing I thought was nice about having separate episode threads.

I note that Wendy has locked the discussion thread on Driven until after the premiere airs.  The only problem with talking about them on there is that It would be difficult for others to stay spoiler free.  I'm happy to be read about the spoilers but I realise others don't feel the same way. Even if you spoiler tagged them often the discussions left untagged can give too much away. At least if they're on the spoiler thread for those who want to discuss them they can openly do so without posters worrying they're upsetting anyone. Hopefully Wendy can jump in here and offer her take on where they should go and also confirm if sneak peeks are considered spoilers.  On TWOP sneak peeks were not spoilers and the mods said don't spoiler tag your discussions relating to them. I tried to find the rule about them on this site but I've looked and can't find it.

Insomnia's a pain, so let me add my two cents here.

As far as I know, the sneak peeks situation remains as it did over at TWoP, meaning they are not considered spoilers, so there is no need to spoiler tag them.

And they would likely go in the media thread here. I do realize some are spoiler free, but in the case of video sneak peeks, while videos do seem to embed on this site, they will not play unless you press play. So there'd be no reason to be leery.

Other than that, I'd advise those who wish to remain completely unspoiled proceed with caution and stick close to the Unspoiled Spec thread instead.

Anymore questions or concerns, let me know!

I saw from tumblr FBFW was being shown tonight, as if fans need a refresher of that episode, quite a few I suspect would dearly like to forget about it.  What made it worse for me is that FBFW came straight after Veritas which was a much better episode than the norm, then I had this train wreck. 

Elysium. I sense he's pretty sanguine at this point. Sadly what comes over to me in that blurb is that there's going to be no emotional repercussions for Castle from this incident but does Nathan expect anything different from this writing team now six seasons in? I very much doubt it.

I saw that tweet and initially thought she was reading the script for a new movie she was going to fit around filming Castle. I wish her luck, she needs to get involved in doing different things to prepare for life after Castle is done. 

Paul Darrigo added 6 new photos — with Andrew Graves.
10 September at 23:24 ·
On the set of CASTLE.

With Nathan in one shot, not spoilery unless you consider looking at the inside of a warehouse spoilery. I see Nathan is wearing that denim shirt again which was in those other street shots from sleuthdog that were posted a while back. Apparently he's playing a lawyer. 

Edited by verdana

I love the way Beckett tackles the guy, so uncoordinated and messy - and desperate. Kind of mirroring what must be her state of mind. That's one of the reasons why I'm actually excited about the premiere, I love when my characters struggle (is that weird?).

Castle Season 7 Scoop: 'Really Fun' Alternate Reality Episode Will Ask, 'What If Rick and Kate Never....'

Interview with Jon at TV Line, below is an excerpt.

Hot on the heels of a wild west themed episode there's news of an alternative reality episode, what if Castle and Beckett had never met? 

This is Terri's one, #7.06

Huertas says the hour will imagine “a completely different world” where all of the major characters exist, but in rejiggered ways. “It was a lot of fun, getting into that script and seeing how we might all be a bit different,” he shares. “It’s a really fun episode, and people are really going to enjoy it. It’s one of those episodes where you have to laugh.”

Sounds like it could be really good but I'm wary whenever the "fun" element is bought up because increasingly I'm finding the humor on Castle is a bit too slapstick for my liking.

The alt universe premise is the first to tickle my interest for the upcoming season.  I do like Sliding Doors scenarios.  There are so many fantastic AU Caskett fanfictions out there, Terri will have to write well to compare favourably.  I am hoping for some characterization that gets to the heart of the characters despite the alt universe, some emotional depth along with the 'fun', which I too am a bit leery of, especially after FBFW.  I get the sense that Castle will be the source of a lot of the 'comedy', because I don't think Beckett would be having much fun if she'd never met Castle (or maybe she would be, with Rogan, as she remembers her marriage in this universe! ;)).  I just hope they don't mock him too much by having him be a ridiculous playboy with naked women all over him or onto his 5th marriage with a flight attendant and playing video games all day because of his writer's block.  Sounds like we won't be escaping the police precinct even in an alt universe, though a world where Castle and Beckett aren't writer and detective could be intriguing.  

And I am guessing there may be a wedding at the end of this alt universe that explores what life would be like if they'd never met (hm.. hope there will still be Caskett scenes in the alt universe).  Let's hope it gets more screentime than the usual episode ending couch Caskett scene.

The sneak peek for the premiere was OK.  Surprised they didn't make it more dramatic by them thinking that Castle was in the squished car heh.  Beckett's tackle felt a little like Bowman was indulging in Beckett badassness (as usual).  She should be intense about her missing fiance, but this kind of in your face approach from Beckett isn't always the most powerful for me.

Sudden image of a Brokeback Mountain parody with the boys and the gay cowboy all flannel clad in the wild west themed episode heh.

Edited by madmaverick

Shocking.  Did JML finally get his Nathan and Stana pic? Lol.  More accurately, it should be Castle and Beckett pic.  But I can barely make out who is in bed?  Are they human, creavers, stand ins?  Are my eyes deceiving me or is it true that they aren't 2 feet apart in bed for once?

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

Adorable #BTS teaser #CastleSeason7 Great scene in loft w/ @NathanFillion @Stana_Katic #Castle http://t.co/0BpoaSNbmx

I guess I'll keep my judgment til I see the bedroom scene.

I'm in for the quick ceremony at the end of that wild west episode as well. Death and near death experiences are not enough to make them realize is about time to get married but an alternate universe can *insert eyeroll here*.

Edited by cappuccino

Sounds like we won't be escaping the police precinct even in an alt universe, though a world where Castle and Beckett aren't writer and detective could be intriguing.  

Let's hope it gets more screentime than the usual episode ending couch Caskett scene.

That is the only alt. universe I would interested in, one where they never became a detective or writer. Also, I really hope this season there is no more of the "usual episode ending couch Caskett scene" as it is so boring. I know the writters think we want to see Caskett doing homey things and a quick kiss but they need to change it up.

Adorable #BTS teaser #CastleSeason7 Great scene in loft w/ @NathanFillion @Stana_Katic #Castle http://t.co/0BpoaSNbmx

That Lopes guy couldn't get a selfie so I suppose this is next best thing? lol.

I guess I'll keep my judgment til I see the bedroom scene.

Wise choice.  First, let's hope it's not deleted. ;)  Second, hoping I can be pleasantly surprised by a good bedroom scene for once.

That Lopes guy couldn't get a selfie so I suppose this is next best thing? lol.

He's so far away that we couldn't tell the diff if it were their stand ins in bed, or Milmar doing their role playing lol.

In an AU, it's Senator Beckett and man of serious literature, Richard Castle.  It's supermodel Kate Beckett and James Bond writer, Richard Castle.  It's ADA Beckett and International Man of Mystery, Derek Storm, I mean, Richard Castle.   Who wants to play this game? :P

Edited by madmaverick

I'll curb my enthusiasm for anything that involves Castle and Beckett in the bedroom given what I've been served up so far by Marlowe and co. I guess it would make a pleasant change if they were actually cuddled up together looking relaxed like any normal loving couple for a change, is that her head on his chest? Someone on tumblr has already tried to blow the picture up.  But please writers if you give me this, don't kill the mood with having Alexis or Martha interrupt them just as things are getting cosy. 

Thanks for the blow up, verdana.  Well, that looks more like comfort cuddling than passionate foreplay, not that I was expecting the latter.  The former will still be nice if we get it, but I hope there'll also be some loving eye contact and affectionate touching to go with it and less of the awkward body stiffness and zero eye contact that is exhibited sometimes in their intimate scenes.

But please writers if you give me this, don't kill the mood with having Alexis or Martha interrupt them just as things are getting cosy.

Ha.  I wouldn't bet on it.  Or maybe cosy doesn't get interrupted, just sexy.

In the ultimate twist, it's the return of Alexis' secret forgotten husband Pi who barges in in his infamous white towel. ;)

I agree with you about Bowman but I hope we also get to see the other side of her too which I feel plays more to Stana's strengths than the full on crazy badass Beckett we saw in that shot.

I just hope they don't mock him too much by having him be a ridiculous playboy with naked women all over him or onto his 5th marriage with a flight attendant and playing video games all day because of his writer's block.

Yeah that's my worry too that they will have him falling over random women looking foolish, the problem being they have a tendency do that on the show already for "fun" so no thanks. 

I always imagined Beckett would have cut a rather sad figure if Castle hadn't come into her life, still unable to crack her mother's case, continuing to be consumed by the job and having room for little else but the occasional relationship which she would never allow to get that serious. One thing I hope to God they don't do is have Kate and Espo hook up or look like they did! 

If they don't get married at the end of this episode I can see some fans calling it a glorified stalling exercise and they could have done this kind of thing after they got married which is probably true but if Terri writes a good story I don't care about the wait for the wedding. 

Edited by verdana
I agree with you about Bowman but I hope we also get to see the other side of her too which I feel plays more to Stana's strengths than the full on crazy badass Beckett we saw in that shot.

Agree with you also.  Maybe that sneak peek was just giving me bad reminders of the time Beckett kicked over the table and yelled at that suspect.  Too over the top for my taste.  I feel restrained and vulnerable plays more to Stana's strengths but will wait to see what they do here.

Yeah that's my worry too that they will have him falling over random women looking foolish, the problem being they have a tendency do that on the show already for "fun" so no thanks.

There were obviously areas in his life where Castle felt unfulfilled when he met Beckett, both professionally and personally, and yes, he was still striving to be a better man coming off a second divorce.  But I never thought he was a silly jackass even at the beginning.  He wasn't grounded by Beckett yet, but he was a responsible father and Alexis was a grounding influence.  I think he would have figured out his writing eventually.

One thing I hope to God they don't do is have Kate and Espo hook up or look like they did!

Dear God, NO!  Let's not ever go there.  I'd rather see Espo and Ryan as a gay couple in this alt universe than to see Kate and Espo have any romantic history.

It will be interesting to see if Castle and Beckett are stuck with any significant others in this alt universe but I think they'd have to be careful how they approach that. While possibly interesting to touch on that to make a point in this sort of episode, I still want to see a lot of scenes with Caskett together as with any other episode, especially if it's a wedding episode.

Now for the serious question, will the Beckett who doesn't meet Castle still not be wearing lipstick (and more) on a Sat night or will she also be having her designer wardrobe? :P

but if Terri writes a good story I don't care about the wait for the wedding.

Agreed again.  It might be too rushed to fit a wedding in with an alt universe anyway.  If anything, I want emotional character scenes, be they wedding related or not, to have enough to breathe and generate impact.  Maybe TPW is writing the wedding episode after.  Is there another sweeps episode after Terri's?

Sweeps this year is October 30 to November 26. Episodes #7.06 to #7.09 fall within that period, presumably there will be one or may be two more after that before they shut up shop for Christmas. That's presuming there are no breaks of course.  Makes sense to me to have it later on in the sweeps period leaving fans with a feel good factor just before the break.  

I always imagined Beckett would have cut a rather sad figure if Castle hadn't come into her life, still unable to crack her mother's case, continuing to be consumed by the job and having room for little else but the occasional relationship which she would never allow to get that serious.

Yeah I tend to agree with this. Maybe Roy would be still alive since if Castle hasn't meddle in her life, the similar stab wounds wouldn't been discovered. Coonan might not have been discovered this soon. Raglan would've still been a wildcard, but would the events play out the same way. Would Ryan/Espo survive in knockdown? Also Royce's death, would Beckett be hell bend on revenge especially if neither Ryan or Espo were alive. There are so many possibilities to go down a dark path for Beckett.

One thing I hope to God they don't do is have Kate and Espo hook up or look like they did!

This. I love their teasing sibling vibe. Espo's shark week quote from the pilot is still hilarious.

There were obviously areas in his life where Castle felt unfulfilled when he met Beckett, both professionally and personally, and yes, he was still striving to be a better man coming off a second divorce.  But I never thought he was a silly jackass even at the beginning.  He wasn't grounded by Beckett yet, but he was a responsible father and Alexis was a grounding influence.  I think he would have figured out his writing eventually.

I sense he would have got over his writers block, he'd have found inspiration from some source eventually, sure he had his moments when he was a bit of a jerk on the odd occasion in the beginning but overall I thought he was a good guy and responsible father, the presence of Alexis certainly helped there to show you the other side of him. I also don't think he was really a playboy, if he was meant to be then Marlowe forgot about that aspect very quickly because he certainly didn't act anything like a true playboy would around women. They tended to come on to him and he let them, he wasn't diligently hunting them down in a cool, casual way.

In any case he had a daughter to look after from a very early age that's not exactly conducive to conducting a full on playboy lifestyle as I understand the term. I often thought the comments about meeting women at the museum, park etc were done more to get Beckett going than having much basis in fact. 

This. I love their teasing sibling vibe. Espo's shark week quote from the pilot is still hilarious.

One of my all time favourite scenes, I wish Espo was that funny and enjoyable to watch now.  The idea of them hooking up even briefly at some point makes me ill, I know some fans do suspect they have a "history" and there's even fanfic about it but I refuse to countenance the idea, I want to sleep at night.

Edited by verdana

Being the curious person I am, I had to look up the screenwriter. Not many credits (& admittedly he may not be the final credited writer), but he did write for The Smurfs back in the 1980's. Hello childhood. lol

The book version was written by a woman and is right up my alley -- about a woman's relationship with elephants. I hope it does well. Link pasted in, since the link button doesn't seem to be working right now: http://www.amazon.com/Elephant-Winter-Kim-Echlin/dp/0143170589#

I hope that Stana plays the lead. I think she'd do very well.

Edited by TVWithPity

Re a wedding in 706...there's someone on Tumblr who claims to be closely acquainted with someone on the show (crew, cast, personal assistant, craft service - who knows, but someone this person implies is around filming regularly or sees scripts perhaps; I do wonder if she and halwideman know the same folks ;) ) who emphatically insists there's no wedding in 706. In fact, when this AU scenario info came, she was ecstatic to be able to talk about it now (implying she's known about this plot for awhile).  FWIW, she believes the wedding will be later in sweeps before the break (708-710 range). For me, I'll believe I'm seeing a wedding when either a)ABC begins hyping one or b)when I watch it for myself on my TV. lol 

Also, regarding that tweet from the Lopes guy today of Castle & Beckett in Castle's bedroom...someone else on Tumblr figured out it's a follow-up to this tweet from Aug. 26. Which puts this scene in episode 704 (Rob Hanning's ep called "Child's Play with Rob Bowman directing). Just FYI. :) 

Edited by S55

Looks like episode 5 has some Caskett cuddling

@The_JML: Adorable #BTS teaser #CastleSeason7 Great scene in loft w/ @NathanFillion @Stana_Katic #Castle http://t.co/0BpoaSNbmx

I posted this in the spoiler thread, but since I saw it brought up here too...regarding that tweet from the Lopes guy today, someone else on Tumblr figured out it's a follow-up to this tweet from Aug. 26. Which puts this scene in episode 704 (Rob Hanning's ep called "Child's Play with Rob Bowman directing). Just FYI. :) 

At least if they're on the spoiler thread for those who want to discuss them they can openly do so without posters worrying they're upsetting anyone.

Well, I don't mind reading spoilers, I just don't like actually watching the sneak peeks, I think it ruins the episode  if you've already read a bunch of people's comments on the actual scene.  I never liked the TWOP rule that they aren't spoilers.  But if that is the policy here as well, I will deal with it.

The alt universe premise is the first to tickle my interest for the upcoming season.  I do like Sliding Doors scenarios.

Yes, that sounds really interesting.  I love things like that as well.  I hope it is a full episode and not just some simple fantasy scenes like Blue Butterfly.  They could maybe do it as the case where the killer imitates his books, it just happens later on.  And with a different killer so they can still solve a case, which I am sure will happen.  The real question is what her hair will look like.

In an AU, it's Senator Beckett and man of serious literature, Richard Castle.  It's supermodel Kate Beckett and James Bond writer, Richard Castle.  It's ADA Beckett and International Man of Mystery, Derek Storm, I mean, Richard Castle.   Who wants to play this game? :P

I think Beckett would still be a cop, unless you did an alternate universe where her mother was never murdered.  Which would also be interesting to see, because you could still have her and Castle meeting in other way.  I also think it would be interesting what they do with Alexis in any alternate universe .  I know Beckett and Alexis never talk, but Beckett did give Castle lots of advice about how to handle Alexis in the early years.

know some fans do suspect they have a "history" and there's even fanfic about it but I refuse to countenance the idea, I want to sleep at night.

I don't like the idea that there's a history with Beckett/Espo either. Uck.  At Paley last year, someone asked about their bond and Jon told a theory he had that the two of them had witnessed some twisted stuff on a case once and it bonded them.  Then one of the producers said that wasn't the theory he thought Jon was going to tell. So, I wondered if they have talked about it behind the scenes (and just didn't want to say so at Paley).  But I tend to over think stuff.  What Jon did say made sense to me.  I like them just having a sibling-like bond.....it's annoying to assume that any male/female characters having a connection have to have had sex before.

This AU-episode sounds interesting. I wonder which AU avenue they'll take, because there's so many possibilities. Are they going to go back so far as to not have Johanna murdered? That would alter Beckett's life completely - she'd probably not be a cop, she wouldn't have arrested Castle, they never would have met. Unless she because a lawyer (family job and all) and she had to work on of his cases because he never really settled down and still had the bad-boy persona going. Or do they stick with the murdered-mommy story and have Beckett being a cop that because she never meets Castle never finds that link that she needs to keep investigating - so probably no dead-hitman (Coonan) and no dead-captain (because he never feels like he needs to atone for his mistakes). That makes some interesting stories to bring a live-Johanna into the episode, or even get Reuben Stantiago Hudson back for an episode.

There was another great idea floating around tumblr to have an episode where Castle is sick and can't go investigate with them, but it's not super serious, just a fever or something. And he's a bit bored and delirious and had tried to write Nikki Heat but couldn't, so he starts dreaming or halucinating that they're all Heat characters. Kind of a Blue Butterfly idea, but different circumstances. I thought that was an interesting idea and once I read it I kinda wanted them to do it.

I don't like the idea that there's a history with Beckett/Espo either. Uck.  At Paley last year, someone asked about their bond and Jon told a theory he had that the two of them had witnessed some twisted stuff on a case once and it bonded them.  Then one of the producers said that wasn't the theory he thought Jon was going to tell. So, I wondered if they have talked about it behind the scenes (and just didn't want to say so at Paley).

Jon's also alluded somewhere - at a Paley or on twitter or something - that he thought Beckett had knowledge of Espo in bed or something to that effect, so I don't know if they're talked about it or he's just spitballing whatever is in his head that he thinks people might want to hear. I think it was on Twitter. I'll see if I can find the tweet; I think I saved it.