Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

An alllusion to Castle's fiery crash or hint of (unsettling) troubles ahead for Caskett?

I dearly hope it's not the latter.

Stana is trolling now (in a good way) with the fans about the wedding on her twitter so I expect it's being filmed either now or very shortly. 

• Love 1

Also agree w. what you said about David Boreanaz. He doesn't spend al his interviews talking about Buffy, he's excited and still appears to be interesting in his show, his character, & the material. He also doesn't talk down about his his character, Booth, while gushing over Angel of decade past.

I don’t know much about Booth (only saw a few episodes of Bones) but even doing a quick search on Wikipedia I’m convinced that David Boreanaz actually would have something to talk about in an interview like an upcoming storyline, Booth job with the FBI or the relationship with Brennan ( I assume both talk about more than just wedding planning…).

Now compared to Castle, there is no story for his job as he has been following the life of his fiancée the past 5 1/2 years. He practically has no life of his own as nearly everything is now related to the COTW. I mean, even Rook has a life and a job in the Nikki Heat series, Castle can’t even play video games without dire consequences. On top of it, Castle doesn’t exhibit some mad police skills which makes me wonder why he is allowed to be around all the time unless the NYPD is encouraging some kind of entertainment program ( I really wouldn’t call his skills worthy of a consultant…).

As if those circumstances weren’t sad enough for the character, he has been risking his life (and the life of his now only sporadically seen family) for Beckett only to be rewarded with having to claw and scratch his way into an engagement and onto a solution for the Washington dilemma (uh, and the Veritas dilemma). Not to mention his disposition for letting friends and family walking all over him which sometimes leaves him with a short but ugly state of passive aggressiveness but to no avail.

At least I want to give him some advice on the difference between true love and self-abandonment, and I think if the sexes had been reversed (Castle as a female and Beckett as a male mirroring Bones) the show wouldn’t have survived as long…

And the irony of it all is that it isn’t fair to the Beckett character either because IMO you can’t portray a strong woman in that environment without making her seem cruel or careless at times.

So, the point, I actually have no point…other than  it’s just my slightly exaggerated view on the story of the show, Castle’s character and the material the actor is given to work with, and I’m always amazed how totally different the character is seen by other viewers... must be Fillion's natural charm :-).

Edited by Sonik Tooth
  • Love 1

I must admit that at first I thought the blue paint roller image was the end-point of a rather depressing set of images indicating that the the character or the actress was feeling "blue". i would certainly be glad to be proven off-base.

Most curious about this:

And remember: A love that burns 2 bright can flame out.

An alllusion to Castle's fiery crash or hint of (unsettling) troubles ahead for Caskett?

I assumed it was a reference to Castle's car crash - he was on his way to his wedding when his car went up in flames.

It's highly doubtful that anything is really going to rock the Caskett boat at this point, IMO.

Edited by McManda
I suspect the reason interviewers always ask Nathans the same question is those are the questions Nathan's PA or agent, or whatever person has given the interviewer to ask..

A lot of times the actors agent/publicist tell the interviewer things to talk about.  I'm not saying that's the case here, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Now compared to Castle, there is no story for his job as he has been following the life of his fiancée the past 5 1/2 years. He practically has no life of his own as nearly everything is now related to the COTW.

That's not at all true though.  Just in the past two years he has had lots of his own stories.  In season 5 Alexis was kidnapped, he met his father, and he was framed for murder.

In season 6, he had a multi-episode story about his relationship with Alexis and the whole Pi thing, including the death penalty case that Beckett was barely in.  He got called into be a negotiator in Number One Fan.  His father came back for another episode.  We had an episode that was sort of tied to 3XK, which Castle has a strong interest in (more so than Beckett). Smells Like Teen spirit had a bit more about his childhood.  We get plenty of mentions of his writing career, even if they are missing a lot of opportunities there.  That stupid 70s episode had Castle calling most of the shots too.

Now nearly everything on the show is related to the COTW, I won't argue with that.  And since Beckett is the cop, more time is spent in her territory.  But in terms of personal storylines, Castle gets plenty of attention.  It just seems like he doesn't when reading about the show because Marlowe only talks about Beckett.

As if those circumstances weren’t sad enough for the character, he has been risking his life (and the life of his now only sporadically seen family) for Beckett only to be rewarded with having to claw and scratch his way into an engagement

I don't think he had to claw and scratch his way into an engagement at all.  Yes, he risks his life for Beckett, but she does the same for him. She also comes across his very loving toward him and very invested in the relationship.

I think you're right that the show wouldn't have worked as well with the genders reversed though.  Not because of the characters, but because people are subconsciously sexist.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1
I think you're right that the show wouldn't have worked as well with the genders reversed though.  Not because of the characters, but because people are subconsciously sexist.

And having Castle be the female writer and tagalong with Beckett as the male lead would have fed into that sexism. Imagine Castle as the female lead but whose story revolves around and then becomes defined by Beckett as Castle's home life and professional life disappeared from view.  It wouldn't have worked at least not to me in this hypothetical situation and it shows what's problematic to me with the writing each character gets because it's not equal and that inequality would be evident if the gender roles were reversed imho. 

To fix that unevenness, the writers then had to take Beckett down a peg, which wasn't something that should have been done or should have needed to be done in the first place.  The earlier seasons were able to write for both characters, giving Beckett her mythology of her mother's murder and her career as a cop and Castle his family life and career as a writer.  If the show wants to really even things out, that's the balance they need to find again.   I hope the writers don't think that they now have to continue to take Beckett down a peg and while giving Castle more storyline because it would show that these two can't be equal or be given equal importance at the same time. 

Edited by Betweenthisandthat
And having Castle be the female writer and tagalong with Beckett as the male lead would have fed into that sexism. Imagine Castle as the female lead but whose story revolves around Beckett.  It wouldn't have worked and it shows what's problematic to me with the writing each character gets because it's not equal and that inequality would be evident if the gender roles were reversed imho.

Well, I don't think his life does revolve around Beckett. Everyone's life revolves are the COTW, which is the real problem with the show. But that's different than his life revolving around Beckett.

I was thinking more that Castle pursued Beckett after she initially turned him down in the pilot.  I think a woman pursuing a man like that would be seen as kind of pathetic, but when a guy does it it's seen as romantic.

Well, I don't think his life does revolve around Beckett. Everyone's life revolves are the COTW, which is the real problem with the show. But that's different than his life revolving around Beckett

Maybe you're right.  It's just that my favorite parts of the show used to be Castle's home life with Alexis and the literary angle to the crime solving and both of those elements have been erased or morphed into something else so it feels like this to me. 

Maybe you're right.  It's just that my favorite parts of the show used to be Castle's home life with Alexis and the literary angle to the crime solving and both of those elements have been erased or morphed into something else so it feels like this to me.

Yeah, I never cared that much about the home life scenes, but the literary angle was definitely a unique element that I enjoyed.  They should really be doing so much more with that, and with Beckett being a fan of his.  I don't understand why we never got a scene with Beckett telling Castle about how his books got her through her mother's death or how she went to one of his book signings.  I'm guessing Marlowe just forgot? And honestly, at this point it's too late to do a scene so I guess I have to assume it happened off screen.

Castle family moments were great and I really miss them, they helped give you an added insight into Castle at the start when I thought he was more jerkish as a character and showed Beckett (and the audience) he could be more than the carefree, playboy she initially thought he was. Now that family time has all but evaporated into COTW or possibly a little more Caskett interaction.  Like you I get the impression his life revolves around Beckett precisely because the only thing he seems to be doing is chasing around with her on COTW and little else, his so called writing career barely gets a look in unless you count the odd mention thrown in to remind people he does in fact have a highly successful professional job and life outside Beckett's world.

May be that's enough for some but not for me and I wish instead of this "new mythology" they keep banging on about they would focus back again on him and his family, work at finding some stories (they're professional writers for God's sake paid to only think of different plots) that could involve everyone (including Beckett) but keeps the focus on Castle.

• Love 1

Will the Castle cliff-hanger be resolved early in the new season or strung out for ages? —

New showrunner David Amann would like a little from Column A and a little from Column B. "After the second episode, the audience will have some but not all of the answers about what exactly is going on," he says of explaining just how and why Castle's car came to be engulfed in flames. "It's a sufficient amount [of resolution] that the characters can move and get back to life as they knew it, but the effects of what happened to Castle will re-emerge and re-assert themselves later in the season." However, don't expect that to necessarily slow down the re-booking of a wedding. So, will we see Castle-Beckett nuptials this season? "I think that is very possible," Amann says.

Nothing new on the Mega Buzz front.

As if those circumstances weren’t sad enough for the character, he has been risking his life (and the life of his now only sporadically seen family) for Beckett only to be rewarded with having to claw and scratch his way into an engagement and onto a solution for the Washington dilemma (uh, and the Veritas dilemma). Not to mention his disposition for letting friends and family walking all over him which sometimes leaves him with a short but ugly state of passive aggressiveness but to no avail.

I want to see strong female characters on my screen but please don't screw over the guy's character to get there and that's what it feels like they've done with Castle. I dislike the way they've not only dumbed him down but also crushed his spirit especially during moments when he's had relationship showdowns with Beckett. Unfortunately all that did was make me dislike Beckett for her behaviour towards him and pity Castle for allowing himself to become so passive and accepting in the face of her actions (Watershed being a prime example).

The way they've portrayed Castle and Beckett in this relationship sometimes doesn't feel remotely healthy to me. I need to see a balance there and the writers failed badly at key moments to deliver on that making it far too one sided. Then Marlowe suddenly realised he needs to rectify things and does it in the most clumsy stupid way possible - by making Beckett looking dumber than a bag of hammers - as if that's going to make me the think great they're even problem solved! Screwing with Beckett's back story is not the answer, I agree they need to find that great dynamic that they had in the early days where I felt they were truly equal partners in crime and in love.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Amann is as tiresome as Marlowe in interviews.

A wedding is "very possible" now? I'm shocked. 

However, it does confirm that this mythology will be treated rather like the JB murder, to be picked up and put down when they need it for drama but otherwise it's business as usual you can forget about it. 

Edited by verdana

Stana Katic @Stana_Katic  ·  17h

Calling on all #Castle fans:

Tweet me ur version of a Castle Season 7 poster & I'll post a few in the days leading up to the premiere.

X

S

If ABC won't do it....Stana does her bit. 

S7 poster is out: http://tvline.com/2014/09/10/castle-season-7-poster-beckett-rick-is-missing/

Not bad, considering the theme, and there's less opportunity for photoshopping of their faces it seems.  Tagline is fitting.

Wonder if they will substitute a cheerier pic for the DVD cover.  Nathan and Stana both look good here if a bit gloomy.  Nathan's portrait in a tux (from last season's wedding themed photoshoot ;), I think) could also pass for a funeral photo heh.  Stana's photo may be new?  Is that her mum's wedding dress?  I don't remember enough details about it.

The absence of a photoshoot this season makes me kind of think this season may well be the last.  ABC is reducing Castle's already negligible PR budget even further.

Edited by madmaverick

I agree w what Matt Mitovich said about people saying this is silly b/c we all know Castle isn't dead:

It was not for us, the viewers of the fictional TV program, to think that he was.
Kate Beckett does not know that she is a character on a TV show named after Rick Castle. Kate believes Rick to be mortal, susceptible to immolation.

Which is why I've always said: when lead characters are put in danger and/or assumed dead it's not about me ever believing they won't survive .. the story comes from the reactions of the characters closest to them. Reason I’m looking most forward to the reactions of Beckett, Alexis, & Martha.

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 1

Thanks for the link.

I agree that the shot of Castle probably came from last season's shoot but then ABC seem to be on an economy drive at least where Castle's concerned. Everyone looks rather glum but given where they left things it's kind of difficult to strike the right note.

You're right that photo of Nathan would go well as a funeral one madmaverick.

That doesn't look like the same dress she was wearing in the finale but then Stana did mention she tried on lots if dresses in that Mark Polish video so I presume it was one of them.

Somehow I doubt very much I will get to see her in a conventional white wedding dress again, for Marlowe it's surely a case of been there done that.

Edited by verdana

I see some fans on twitter are none too happy about that poster saying it's obviously photoshopped well that's nothing new! This is ABC we're talking about here and it's surely cheaper and easier for them to do that than ask Stana and Nathan to come in for fresh photos.

Edited by verdana
The way they've portrayed Castle and Beckett in this relationship sometimes doesn't feel remotely healthy to me. I need to see a balance there and the writers failed badly at key moments to deliver on that making it far too one sided.

I can get people saying their relationship doesn't feel hot, but I feel like they have a very healthy solid relationship.  Obviously, Watershed was a rough spot for them, but they both seem like they've learned from that and became stronger.  The problem is that they show very little outside the COTW, with either Beckett or Castle.  We hear throwaway lines to them doing plenty of other things, but we don't really see either of them actually doing that.  The show suffers from the lack of balance.

Still think they shouldn't have released that tidbit of info in the promo about Castle and the burning car.  Limits the dramatic impact even further.

Yeah, I agree.  I was very happy to hear that info, because I don't want him presumed dead by the characters for too long.  But putting it in the promo seems silly.  Maybe they figured people would get annoyed if they tried to pretend he was dead.  But I think people will be annoyed either way because it was such a dumb cliffhanger in the first place.

I can't remember, how did they promote season 4 and the aftermath of Beckett's shooting?

That poster's kind of depressing looking, but at least it is different than the shots of Castle and Beckett standing next to each other that we've seen for the past couple of years.

I'm amazed how people manage to find this stuff so quickly.

I'm amazed people have time to find all this stuff at all.  Seriously, don't people have jobs? Or families? Or something?

I'm grateful that people do so I can read about it though.

That poster's kind of depressing looking, but at least it is different than the shots of Castle and Beckett standing next to each other that we've seen for the past couple of years.

It's not that wonderful but at least they've moved away from those other shots which I agree were getting very samey, this was the season 4 one at TV Line along with an article. It's kind of amusing now to read Ausiello's guesses as to what the poster might be hinting at for the forthcoming season. This poster from season 5 always freaks me out, it doesn't even look like Nathan Fillion to me it's like they cloned a bit of Alec Baldwin in there and her arm going around him is set at this really awkward angle. 

Edited by verdana

The absence of a photoshoot this season makes me kind of think this season may well be the last.  ABC is reducing Castle's already negligible PR budget even further.

I don't think that means anything. At this point, the only way they'd "know" this was Castle's last season was if it was a prearranged decision - and if it was, they'd be billing as such it for a final push for ratings and anticipation. They'll make a decision based on ratings, just like every other year. Grey's didn't get a photoshoot this year, did they? Or Once Upon A Time?

That said, I like the promo photo because it's not just Nathan and Stana on a bland background. It's much more interesting that the last 3 seasons put together. But I also don't think it'll make for very interesting or compelling DVD cover art - because people will know that Castle's not missing (long) or dead and how it all plays out.

And I also like that we know Castle's not dead right off. I don't need to see Martha/Alexis/Beckett planning a funeral - because that's exactly what they'd be doing if there was any indication that he had died in that car. Beckett's already been broken by a tragic death once in her life. I don't know that even the idea of Castle being dead would do anything good for her character. She barely survived her mom's death. I don't know what she'd feasibly do if she thought the love of her life was killed on the way to their wedding, maybe even because he was with her. It's a much better story and much better for character development (not to mention the plausibility of the show, considering it's still called Castle) if they come right out and dispel any notion that he might be dead.

• Love 1

Missed this from Andrew before. 

A Castle episode with a twist? No murder may be? Perhaps that's pushing it. 

Andrew Bikichky @AndrewBikichky  ·  Sep 5
3 days left on Ep706, a #Castle with a twist

Have a great weekend :)

Edited by verdana

The way they've portrayed Castle and Beckett in this relationship sometimes doesn't feel remotely healthy to me. I need to see a balance there and the writers failed badly at key moments to deliver on that making it far too one sided. Then Marlowe suddenly realised he needs to rectify things and does it in the most clumsy stupid way possible - by making Beckett looking dumber than a bag of hammers - as if that's going to make me the think great they're even problem solved! Screwing with Beckett's back story is not the answer, I agree they need to find that great dynamic that they had in the early days where I felt they were truly equal partners in crime and in love.

Truthfully this always has been a very dysfunctional relationship. How either one of them could or would trust the other is a complete mystery to me. Even last season after becoming engaged Castle wasn't important enough to Beckett to even send him an email that she was going undercover. It's just another example of the deception, secrets & lies that have always defined this relationship. Now the possibility that Castle has been holding something back all these years is one of the hooks,they are using for the coming season. I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to a brand new season chock full of miscommunication & betrayal.

Thanks Nadine.

Vinnie didn't seem much like a criminal mastermind to me so I hope he's helping Beckett out in some way due to their past association and not involved in any way with causing Castle's disappearance. 

Stana Katic Brasil ‏@BRStanaKatic  5 hrs

*SPOILERS* RT @Sandraxf: #Spoiler

EW's Fall TV Preview: #Castle pic.twitter.com/4KaTPw54Ol

A scan taken from EW, there's also a picture but it's not really new as it's just one taken closer at a different angle to the one posted in either TV Guide or TV Line earlier of Beckett and the boys with their guns drawn.  The comment from Amann about Castle has been mentioned before I don't believe it's new information if you've been keeping up with the interviews and spoilers, it's not the full article just an excerpt.

Edited by verdana

Not overly fond of mob related stories in general, but we'll see.  

So the mythology will set out to answer the question, "Why is Castle obsessed with murder?"

I did accept his explanation to Alexis in S2 (?) that one reason why he wrote about murder was to try to understand why people could be capable of doing those horrible things.  But sounds like there's more to it, in S7 at least. ;)  That story he said he made up about seeing the dead little boy did happen in the Hamptons coincidentally.  I think Castle's well established as a fairly happy go lucky guy by now, though he does have a darker side that rears its head when his protective instincts are aroused.  I don't think he's lived his life trying to suppress dark instincts of the sort Tyson has or anything like that.  He's naturally curious in people, things and mysteries so I didn't think he necessarily had to have had a traumatic event in his past that led to his interest in murder and the macabre.  

Anything's possible, I guess.  I just hope they serve his character as we know it well in the process and don't assassinate it!  I hope they've moved beyond secrets and lies between Caskett as a dramatic engine.

Edited by madmaverick

Thanks Nadine.

Vinnie didn't seem much like a criminal mastermind to me so I hope he's helping Beckett out in some way due to their past association and not involved in any way with causing Castle's disappearance. 

Mmmm maybe it has something to do with when he was hanging around the mob back in the days. Getting information for his book and I guess something happened that comes back around now.

Or since Vinnie lives in the Hamptons he is gonna check on things .... yeah right.

jimadler

Day 1 of 705 "Meme is Murder". With fabulous director Bill Roe. http://t.co/dhXe8a9n8S

Anything's possible, I guess.  I just hope they serve his character as we know it well in the process and don't assassinate it!  I hope they've moved beyond secrets and lies between Caskett as a dramatic engine.

Hear, hear mad maverick.

I always loved that moment when Castle is telling a captivated Beckett that story about finding the body on the beach.

I hope they don't try to saddle Castle with some deep seated trauma which he's been supposedly carrying around all these years in some clumsy attempt to balance things out with Beckett, the writers having decided now it's his turn to suffer from some dark event in his past. Castle needs to retain his joie de vivre and generally sunny disposition, please writers don't give him a back story that I end up wishing I could forget. 

Even last season after becoming engaged Castle wasn't important enough to Beckett to even send him an email that she was going undercover. It's just another example of the deception, secrets & lies that have always defined this relationship.

Are you talking about Belly of the Beast?  When she was ordered to not tell anyone what she was doing, but still called Castle to tell him she had a meeting? She even hinted that it was something exciting, and I think would have told him more if Gates hadn't walked up.  I don't see how that's deception.  It's just part of doing her job. While they have both lied to each other (mostly before they got together), I think they are pretty upfront with each other and know they can count on the other.  I certainly can't change anyone else's opinion, but "lies and deception" is probably the opposite of how I would define their relationship. I think they'd do anything for each other.

Now the possibility that Castle has been holding something back all these years is one of the hooks,they are using for the coming season.

When the spoilers for Veritas came out, everyone was talking about how it must mean Beckett was keeping an investigation from Castle and how horrible it was for her to do that.  And it turned out they had been investigating together.  So I am thinking the hints they've been droping about Castle's past won't turn out to be a case of Castle keeping secrets from Beckett.  They'll probably do something dumb, like have it be a childhood memory that he had repressed.

Are you talking about Belly of the Beast?  When she was ordered to not tell anyone what she was doing, but still called Castle to tell him she had a meeting? She even hinted that it was something exciting, and I think would have told him more if Gates hadn't walked up.

This is not classified work she is doing and she volunteerwd. Gates even tried to stop her. She could have easily made it a condition of her accepting the assignment that she had to inform her fiance. It's what most committed people would do.

When the spoilers for Veritas came out, everyone was talking about how it must mean Beckett was keeping an investigation from Castle and how horrible it was for her to do that.  And it turned out they had been investigating together.

I was pleasantly surprised that that they had them working as a team. That was nice to see. Too bad the rest of the episode was so stupid. A 15 year old uncorroborated tape magically clears her of a murder committed in the last week.

She could have easily made it a condition of her accepting the assignment that she had to inform her fiance. It's what most committed people would do.

She was specifically told not tell anyone and not even to let Castle come to the precinct.  Even Ryan and Esposito weren't allowed to know anything until everything went south.  So, while it wasn't government secrets or anything, it was classified in some sense. I hope most people wouldn't break confidentiality of their jobs just to tell their significant others about their day.

In this case, I don't think she thought there was much more to tell Castle when she first heard.  She was going to what was supposed to be a quick meeting in a public place.  She told Castle that much. 

Too bad the rest of the episode was so stupid. A 15 year old uncorroborated tape magically clears her of a murder committed in the last week.

It really would have been better to have that episode be a two-parter so they could show us everything that happened between finding the tape and arresting Bracken. I would have liked to see exactly what evidence cleared her and what else they got on Bracken.  I also hope that douchey IA cop apologized for trying to arrest her without even giving her a chance to explain the stolen gun.  And for publicly calling her a murderer with what seemed like very little evidence.  You would think being a cop with an excellent record would have warranted a conversation.  But he just walked into the precinct and tells Gates he's going to arrest her?

• Love 1

A Castle episode with a twist? No murder may be? Perhaps that's pushing it.

There has been other episodes where no one was murdered - the one that comes to mind is "Little Girl Lost" from S1, but I'm pretty sure there's been one other, more recent episode that's escaping my mind.

She could have easily made it a condition of her accepting the assignment that she had to inform her fiance. It's what most committed people would do.

It's not something committed people do if - (1) they're concerned that by telling a significant other they might put that other person in danger, (2) thought it would be an easy in and out recon job. Both of which applied to Beckett. And also, it's not like telling him would change anything. He still wouldn't have been able to be with her or help her once she was abducted. It''s not like she was keeping secrets to be vindictive. She was keeping secrets out of necessity to her job and the undercover operation she volunteered for.

[Edit - ooops, exactly what KaveDweller said, basically.]

Edited by McManda
  • Love 1

Thanks McManda Little Girl Lost that was a good one, as for the finale I'm trying to erase it from my memory banks.

I was pleasantly surprised that that they had them working as a team. That was nice to see. Too bad the rest of the episode was so stupid. A 15 year old uncorroborated tape magically clears her of a murder committed in the last week.

Enjoyed Veritas which was a surprise to me because usually anything involving her mother's case has me groaning but it was a real quality episode something of a rare jewel in the last couple of seasons. ITBOTB in comparison was very poor for so many reasons although it was good to see that guest star back playing VS. Her decision to volunteer and continue with the operation when she had a brief chance to get away made her look naive and foolish. It was also one of those occasions when I couldn't suspend disbelief enough to enjoy it. The premise of her going undercover in light of her recent public engagement to Castle and not forgetting her shooting and all the repercussions from that disengaged me from the story for starters. I can buy Castle following Beckett around as a "consultant" but Kate being a suitable person to use for undercover work (no matter how great her linguistic skills) didn't make any sense, she's the last person in the NYPD I would pick for such an assignment.

The tape being in the elephant was the only moment in Veritas I thought stopped it being a truly great Castle episode, that was a Deus Ex Machina moment and groan worthy but presumably time was a factor in that writing decision which is why I would have preferred it to be a two parter in that way you could have erased the risible FBFW and had that as the finale.  

Edited by verdana

So I am thinking the hints they've been droping about Castle's past won't turn out to be a case of Castle keeping secrets from Beckett.  They'll probably do something dumb, like have it be a childhood memory that he had repressed.

The recall about Jordan was weak, that he was having a dream about this particular incident after thirty odd years made me eye roll. But then again better for it to be silly but harmless (which this was) than dumb and damaging to the character. 

Penny Johnson Jerald @btwprod  ·  9h

From the farm to the set. X

Awwww, Penny with that cute little dog that one of the writers/crew have got. 

Edited by verdana

So they've gone back to film 7.05, I note Erik has tweeted this about the episode.

Erik Altstadt @EAkorn  ·  12h
Starting 705 of #Castle today. I really like the pacing and tone of this one. #castlefans

Edited by verdana

Here is up-dated lists of the episodes:

Fred @FredBC77  ·  13h
#Castle #Writers #Directors #S7
Ep1~>Amann/Bowman
Ep2~>AWM/Riley
Ep3~>Creaseys/Woods
Ep4~>Hanning/Bowman
Ep5~>Adler/Roe
Ep6~>Terri/Holahan

Fred @FredBC77  ·  13h
#Castle #Titles
Ep1~> Driven
Ep2~>Montreal
Ep3~> Clear and Present Danger
Ep4~> Child's Play
Ep5~> Meme Is Murder
Ep6~> Time Of Our Lives

No sign of Winter yet writing an episode which is a disappointment. 

The recall about Jordan was weak, that he was having a dream about this particular incident after thirty odd years made me eye roll. But then again better for it to be silly but harmless (which this was) than dumb and damaging to the character.

This is the standard superficial way they have in dealing with any issue. Either ignore it completely or have some pitiful representation of the larger issue that they resolve.

The Jordon thing represents being open with each other. Castle coming clean is supposed to mean they have worked out their issues and they are totally transparent with each other moving forward.

The lion thing was even shallower. It symbolized them coming to grips with sharing each others lives and space. Castle redecorated his bedroom so now all is right with the world.

The Jordan thing will ALWAYS bug me, but for a reason I'm sure is probably unique to me, lol. Because every single time I watch those scenes in that episode, from the very first mention of "Jordan," I think to myself "Hello, Jordan Shaw anyone?" When Beckett asks "Who's Jordan? Is it a woman?" I just shake my head. Really? Someone in the writers' room dropped the ball there. Either change the name or change the conversation so as not to insult the audience remembering we've already ~met a Jordan in this Castle universe (not to mention it's a character many in the fandom adored and still beg to have return in some way). SMH (still).