Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Also nice to see Castle take more of an initiative when it comes to sexy times even if Beckett's on top heh.  I got a kick out of Castle knowing that there were 2 buttons on the collar of Beckett's shirt.  I wonder if that line was improv'ed.  A fanfic needs to be written about Castle's familiarity with Beckett's wardrobe. :P

Do they really love role play or what?  

They're really playing up the blue butterfly like dialog. If they keep having Castle talk like that the following ep it's gonna start to be really annoying, but at least this one really went all out with the noir endearments. Plus it was about 25% toward a shirtless Castle until the usual kisses interruptus.

I thought I read in a recent Anann interview the writers given the storyline really wanted to emphasise the noir theme. They definitely seem to be making good on that promise, but again everything in moderation, don't overdo it.

A fanfic needs to be written about Castle's familiarity with Beckett's wardrobe. :P

As long as he doesn't get too familiar with it, don't want to give Luke ideas.

Crossdressing!Castle. May be this could be linked to the mythology and his amnesia, spice it up a bit.

Edited by verdana

I just want Castle to be familiar with the disrobing technique for Beckett's vast wardrobe.  All those front clasps and back hooks, you know. ;)

Espo being a closet cross-dresser hence his macho overcompensating at work may be a way for me to feel for his character again. ;)

Castle doesn't seem to have a problem embracing his feminine or his adventurous side or just about anything for "research" so he could get as excited as a 9 year old on a sugar rush about cross-dressing and even rope Beckett into "helping" him.  Anything to spice up Castle's boring wardrobe and Beckett does have the much better jackets. ;)

It's only at times like this when they're got a difficult story to peddle that the writers manage to convince me that Castle and Beckett are a couple with an active hot sex life or any sex life for that matter.

It does seem like the writers somehow can't have them engage in physical intimacy just naturally, as part of the everyday, in slice of life kind of scenes (because they don't write those), but the foreplay has to be built up through intentional dialogue in the scene and the sex has to be a kind of plot point in the episode.  We don't really see them have sex, just because.  Then again, we don't really get to see them talking about much, just because.  I guess what i'm saying is while I'm glad we're getting to see them passionate at all, not every time they are in the mood has to stem from building theory or role play or some heightened scenario.  They could get in the mood just because they're happily married and find each other irresistible in bed on a normal day.  And that could be just as hot if written and acted well.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 2

Espo being a closet cross-dresser hence his macho overcompensating at work may be a way for me to feel for his character again. ;)

Oh perfect, I've now accepted this as fact. Espo's been annoying me a lot this season so this will help.
  • Love 1

Jan 19th ~ 7.12 - Private Eye Caramba! - Frost/Hanelle Culpepper

Feb 2nd ~ I Witness - Winter and newbie writer Amanda Johns/Wright

7.14 ~ Part 1 of two parter - Amann/Row

7.15 ~ Part 2 - Marlowe/Bowman

7.16 ~ The Wrong Stuff - Terri Edda/Holahan (Stana's tease that it involves "Mars, spacesuits and space travel.”)

I think this is all we know so far for future episodes based on various posts. I take it no one has got the titles for the two parter as yet.

Looking forward to the TPW episode.  The COTW premise sounds more interesting than usual and it seems like being a P.I. is even more hazardous to Castle than being a cop helper.

It's going to be a lighthearted TEM episode after the 2 parter so I guess whatever emotional turmoil happens is going to be limited to those 2 episodes without any lasting repercussions (as usual).  Unless they decide to get dead serious about Mars. ;)

What was the premise of Marlowe's P.I. show that he was developing again?  Did that not get the go ahead and so he's folding the premise into Castle?

Per Dara's tweet yesterday we know Chad is writing 7.17 (solo credit).

Wonder if someone heard my internal questions about whether Dara or Chad could write an episode without the other. ;) I'm very curious to see how he does solo. 

What was the premise of Marlowe's P.I. show that he was developing again?  Did that not get the go ahead and so he's folding the premise into Castle?

He was developing a show based on the Raymond Chandler's private detective character Philip Marlowe, but I think that's fallen by the wayside and now he's developing a TV series around Derrick Storm.

The typical "pilot season" where potential new TV shows film a pilot is getting ready to start, so we may hear if a pilot's been ordered soon. And if the pilots look good, a TV show is picked up for an initial episode run (usually 12/13 eps) by the networks at the upfronts in May. So it's watch-and-see mode with this Derrick Storm series Milmar & some other guy are developing right now. 

LOL, maybe that can explain the purple scarf he was wearing last ep. I'm gonna go with he probably stole it from Lanie when they broke up.

Yeah sounds the like the Raymond Chandler adventure died a quiet death but then when I heard it described in Deadline as "a smart, sexy and stylish update" I knew it was never getting off the ground. The execs only need to watch a few episodes of Castle to understand that Marlowe values everyone's privacy way to much to give them anything too sexy or too smart for that matter. 

I'm still waiting to discover the Derrick Storm link with this mythology business given Marlowe's much trumpeted announcement last year that he was taking a back seat to develop new projects blah blah. 

Thanks Nadine

Wonder if someone heard my internal questions about whether Dara or Chad could write an episode without the other. ;) I'm very curious to see how he does solo.

I'm intrigued too.

Of course my next obvious question is when does Dara get a shot at her own episode, they believe in equality in Hollywood right?  That would be pretty good going for the Creaseys, I would say after a slightly shaky start first episode they've done well. I don't blame them for Secret Santa they were saddled with having to incorporate a cliffhanger and Esplanie closure. 

Edited by verdana

It's going to be a lighthearted TEM episode after the 2 parter so I guess whatever emotional turmoil happens is going to be limited to those 2 episodes without any lasting repercussions (as usual).  Unless they decide to get dead serious about Mars. ;)

I'm getting more and more excited by the two parter since I'm not really into the PI stuff but this is the one thing that bugs me. An extra light fun episode immediately follows a dark/serious one, I know it's always been that way I should stop griping about it but I find it negates the impact of the serious drama of the previous episode when you know that none of the emotional repercussions will remotely impact on the characters lives the following week.  I can be excited and thrilled by an episode one week, heart pumping, nerves stretched but feel strangely empty and flat the next when they're joking about Big Foot or battling Ninjas or running scared of haunted video tapes. Kidnapping what kidnapping?

The Mars episodes sounds like it's going to be the typical late season filler with off beat fun and fluffy couple moments especially with Terri at the helm. 

Edited by verdana

Could this be yet another tease from the ever reliable and not in any way annoying Mr Lopes that more (interrupted) sexytimes may be in the pipeline for Castle and Beckett in 7.16?

John M Lopes @The_JML · 6h 6 hours ago
Great time on #castle set Fri night Here's #bts of the lovely #Alexis @MollyQuinn93 prior to her line, "Get a room!"
https://twitter.com/The_JML/status/556894137660612608

I have to say Molly looks great in that shot.  Does she actually have some friends now? That bizarrely looks like Ashley in the background but it surely can't be. 

Edited by verdana

CASTLE Season 7 Episode 13 Photos I, Witness at Seat42F.

I love the coats Beckett is going to be wearing this episode, even more than usual. *sigh* I need to win the lottery or something. 

One word.....knockoffs.  I found a reddish jacket that looks kind of like that awesome leather jacket Beckett wore in Clear and Present Danger and it was only $100. But actually on sale for less because it was leftover from the fall.  But now I need to find one that looks like the black one from last week.

Castle and Beckett are together a lot in all those pics, I'll take that as a good sign.

One word.....knockoffs.  I found a reddish jacket that looks kind of like that awesome leather jacket Beckett wore in Clear and Present Danger and it was only $100. But actually on sale for less because it was leftover from the fall.  But now I need to find one that looks like the black one from last week.

Castle and Beckett are together a lot in all those pics, I'll take that as a good sign.

You'd expect them to be in more scenes together in this episode than 712 since he's the witness to the crime. So he's not going to only be investigating his PI angle but also helping the NYPD as a witness. Probably should have taken that to the Spoilers and Spec thread. Heh.

Edited by Nadine

Yeah I noticed that too whilst lusting over those coats and thanks for the shopping suggestion. Since I doubt very much I'll ever hit the jackpot its the only way although admittedly right now the last thing I need is a winter coat it's 38°C.

Shauna Galligan @shaunagalligan  ·  13h 13 hours ago

So hot. #setlifecanbeboring #Castle #CastleandBeckettstuntdoubles

https://twitter.com/shaunagalligan/status/557638436971364352

So what do you think of their doubles? I think "Castle" looks the part even pulling that face. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Oh God Nathan in that kilt.

Shauna Galligan @shaunagalligan  ·  6 hrs 6 hours ago
She's lucky she's RAD #Castle #Stana&Shauna
https://twitter.com/shaunagalligan/status/557735933001596928

Once again nice leather coats.  I wonder what they're filming right now that requires stunt doubles?  This is the "space" episode right if the tweets posted are recent photos so goodness knows what they're up to. But if not then it's from the two parter....and that suggests to me that Beckett obviously got into a spot of trouble.

Edited by verdana

Oh God Nathan in that kilt.

Once again nice leather coats.  I wonder what they're filming right now that requires stunt doubles?  This is the "space" episode right if the tweets posted are recent photos so goodness knows what they're up to. But if not then it's from the two parter....and that suggests to me that Beckett obviously got into a spot of trouble.

It's from 716.

My spec would be it'd be something like the scenes in 703 or 706 which involved stunt doubles (so factory scenes?). Usually Willow Studios where they filmed today they do the gritty scenes there (as per Andy's BTS tweets today - they filmed some scenes from 712 there).

Edited by Nadine
Karin Klinczak® ‏@karinzoca  13h13 hours ago

@alan_tudyk nice to meet you today at the #Castle set. I am the girl from Brazil

Seems Alan showed up but she confirmed he was just visiting the set not working, I presume it was also connected with the project he's doing with Nathan. I have to say I'm surprised Alan hasn't got been given a guest role on Castle given they've had so many other close Firefly buddies of Nathan's on. 

Edited by verdana

Thanks for the info Nadine. 

Can't wait for the promo and pics to come out for the two parter. Hopefully they'll do some interviews to promote it. 

Edited by verdana

CASTLE Season 7 Episode 13 Photos I, Witness at Seat42F.

I love the coats Beckett is going to be wearing this episode, even more than usual. *sigh* I need to win the lottery or something. 

This probably belongs more to the fashion thread but since you guys were discussing Beckett's coats... I was noting the lovely (new? 3?) coats that Beckett wears in these promo pics and I couldn't help noticing that Castle's wearing the same coat in 713 that he wore in 712 and 711!  I think this is a record.  That navy jacket has a recognisable padded cross pattern on the shoulder.  Is this Luke's (terrible) idea of a PI uniform or something? ;)  Can't recall if Castle's worn another jacket since he became a PI but his outerwear collection is even worse than imagined if he's stuck with the same one for 3 episodes.  And it doesn't seem to be a particularly good fit either as I noticed it billowing out from the back as I rewatched (of course I did :P) the make out scene with Beckett in his office.

Is the two parter episodes 15-16? Then the Mars/space episode is 17?

So next week is 13 and Castle's a witness.  Do we have a description for 14?

Two parter is Episodes 14 and 15, Space episode is 716 (which they are filming at the moment).

I couldn't help noticing that Castle's wearing the same coat in 713 that he wore in 712 and 711!  I think this is a record.

This is another good reason in my book for ending the PI arc sooner rather than later, the man has suffered enough. 

Even a change of career can't change his wardrobe for the better. 

Edited by verdana
That also is another new director. Wonder if it's another female? Can't tell by the name.

Yes. She's done a lot of work in TV recently, including an episode of Jane the Virgin and a couple episodes of Chicago Fire. Also, per her twitter, she's already started work on her episode of Castle doing pre-episode stuff.

Edited by McManda

I have to say I'm surprised Alan hasn't got been given a guest role on Castle

He might be too expensive. When he was cast for Firefly, Nathan was really impressed since he was a 'movie star'. Although at that point, Nathan had done at least Blast From the Past and Saving Private Ryan.

And wasn't he good as Private Minnesota Ryan? I still remember that bit along with the storming of the beach, but practically nothing else of the movie.

I have to say I'm surprised Alan hasn't got been given a guest role on Castle

He might be too expensive. When he was cast for Firefly, Nathan was really impressed since he was a 'movie star'. Although at that point, Nathan had done at least Blast From the Past and Saving Private Ryan.

And wasn't he good as Private Minnesota Ryan? I still remember that bit along with the storming of the beach, but practically nothing else of the movie.

I doubt Alan is too expensive, after all he's just been on ABC's Suburgatory as a minor character. I love Alan's acting and think that by now he carved himself a nice movie-TV career as a character and voice actor, and is very well-respected in the business. I doubt though he could be called a movie star, especially 12 years ago, it was more about NF being nice and supposrtive of his friend. More than that, at all Alan's convention-Nerd HQ appearances I've seen he goes on and on about his desire to be on Castle, much like Jewel Staite and other Firefly actors. Jockingly or not, I still think it wouldn't be about money for him, the way he sounds he'd be happy to do it for free :). I think it's just about NF not really being "in charge" of the show to the point that many people still believe he is (despite his constant disclaimers), some of his "wishful thinkings" get picked and reimagined by the writers (like the convention episode) years later, some don't. Alan and Jewel (who seem to be his closest friends from Firefly) not getting on the show after so many years, is a perfect illustration of that. Gina's part didn't look like fan-service either, more like simple casting choice. Adam Baldwin's appearance seems to be the only one with the fully realized meta potential, lol.

• Love 1

Hmmm. A murder at space camp, maybe? Castle would be all over trying that out. Maybe they could have a vow renewal "In space" so that Ryan and Espo and Lanie can be there.

I'm still holding out hope that it's not as awful a theme as it sounds on paper.

• Love 1

So the two parter titles are Resurrection and Reckoning, makes sense.  We get the "resurrection" of a certain serial killer and his partner the threat to Castle and Beckett returns and I hope by using the word "reckoning" as the conclusion it means that they'll finally both get their comeuppance.

Madison Hall - 9hrs 
‏@MadisonRMHall
And that's a wrap on set, but first let me take a selfie! Thxs 4 being so nice! @NathanFillion #Castle #BestDay

https://twitter.com/MadisonRMHall/status/558859932267601920

Is that Castle dressed in what I think it is? He looks good in it, nice change from his usual boring button downs. May be he is off to Mars after all. 

Edited by verdana

Madison Hall - 14 hrs

‏@MadisonRMHall

So great meeting #KateBeckett from @Castle_ABC aka @Stana_Katic on set today! I'm a HUGE fan of the show #Castle

https://twitter.com/MadisonRMHall/status/558789395621228545

Awww Stana with this kid. Cute. 

French documentary that recently aired about Castle that is doing the rounds.

"Castle: Les Secrets D'Une Série Phénomène" - part 1 (English subtitles)

Part two is also there but no subtitles as yet but hey if your French is up to speed you won't need them.

Edited by verdana

15 Loveliest Ladies of Law Enforcement at TV Fanatic.

1. Detective Kate Beckett - Castle
Detective Kate Beckett is bad ass. She's taken down everyone from low-life murderers to a corrupt US Senator and managed to do it in style with her amazing and highly sought after collection of outerwear but we think her wild west outfit might be her ruggedly handsome husband's favorite. We know it's one of ours.

Maxwell Caulfield @maxcaulfield  ·  11h 11 hours ago

Excellent day on @Castle_ABC with @NathanFillion & @Stana_Katic - cutest couple on Primetime and real life charming

I was trying to remember where I had heard of this guy before when I saw this tweet on my dash then it hit me Miles from Dynasty and The Colbys!  I used to love wallowing in the sheer shallowness and silliness of those shows, Luke would have had a field day dressing Alexis, I never knew her full name was Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan. LOL 

Edited by verdana

I was trying to remember where I had heard of this guy before when I saw this tweet on my dash then it hit me Miles from Dynasty and The Colbys!  I used to love wallowing in the sheer shallowness and silliness of those shows, Luke would have had a field day dressing Alexis, I never knew her full name was Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan. LOL 

I wasn't much into Dynasty or The Colbys (Dallas and Falcon Crest were my nighttime soaps). I remembered this guy from Grease 2. lol I'm interested to see if he's British on the show or he plays as an American. 

I wasn't much into Dynasty or The Colbys (Dallas and Falcon Crest were my nighttime soaps). I remembered this guy from Grease 2. lol I'm interested to see if he's British on the show or he plays as an American. 

I immediately thought Grease 2 too. Random note I'm probably seeing him and the Mills sisters on stage mid-year.

Ah Empire Records. I think the universe is trying to tell me something because at least three cast members from that have popped up in other things I watch this week.. Time to pull out the DVD and CD.

Edited by Nadine
French documentary that recently aired about Castle that is doing the rounds.

"Castle: Les Secrets D'Une Série Phénomène" - part 1 (English subtitles)

I finally got around to watching this, it was interesting.  They did an interview with Alfred Sole where he said he asks every year to build a bathroom for the loft so they can have a Caskett scene in there.  I totally wish they'd listen to him.  And then actually use it, as opposed to the never seen bathroom at Beckett's place.  I always like hearing Alfred talk about his process though, he seems like he spends more time thinking about the characters then some of the writers.

The annoying thing about that documentary is that the actors are talking in English, but with French voice over so you can't really understand, and therefore need to read the subtitles.

• Love 1

Alfred Sole is incredibly talented, given he has now also proven his shipper credentials I think he needs to take over from Marlowe and Amann.

The care and attention to detail his team puts into the sets is amazing, such a shame that some of his work never makes it to the screen, or if it does it's only fleetingly. But I suppose that's a fact of life for any set designer in Hollywood.

Edited by verdana