Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Heck I'm an Aussie and I sure as hell hadn't heard Casketeers until it was in the paper on the weekend. 

I did like some of the choices by the other writers in that list - loved that Berlanti chose Everwood.

They could have done that, but this is Castle - I doubt that if the proposal had happened at the end of S6 we would ever have seen any of the honeymoon period stuff or anything else. They would have gone straight to the "where are we going" nonsense. All those items you listed were easy goldmines for stories but the writers chose to ignore most of them for some reason we will never know.

True.  Just as Marlowe was never much interested in exploring Castle's life as a writer, he likely was never interested in exploring any of those easy goldmines as you say and that wouldn't have changed anywhere in the timeline.  Now the ship has sailed on most of those issues so we'll see what else the writers can tap into.  Not sure what easy goldmines are left!  They've done the career vs relationship thing, they've hinted at the baby thing.  I've always wanted more slice of life scenes- no big relationship drama necessary for me!- but Marlowe was never much interested in that either, and we'll have to see if the new showrunners are any different.

• Love 1

I'm not usually big on cute, but even I had to admit this was cute. http://www.whosay.com/status/nathanfillion/1112657?wsref=tw&code=wrtaFmd

In light of our demographics talk, it's funny that Castle and Nathan have been nominated for Teen Choice Awards.  I don't think they're likely to win against the (presumably) relentless repetitive voting that teen fans are committed to, but teen and non teen Castle fans appear to have done their fair share of that for the PCAs.  http://www.teenchoice.com/article/wave-1-nominees

That horrible interview in the finale that Beckett had to endure, I thought it was awful and tainted what otherwise was a satisfying finale (for once), forget the fact it didn't make sense, it was predictable and cliched like too much of their recent work. The acting was fine from Stana for what it was (although she's given better and more subtly powerful performances than that) but it was the typical "hero rounds on accusers" speech that I've heard tons of times before on TV shows.

Terri might have thought she was channeling To Kill a Mockingbird or A Few Good Men with that scene (yeah, it was a performance review not a courtroom but they were clearly going for the courtroom vibe with that set), but likewise, that scene didn't work for me at all.  The setup was ridiculous with the way the over the top accusers were going at Beckett (unlike those courtroom movies where at least there's relatable buildup and context), very tonally different to the rest of the episode, and made me unable to take it seriously to begin with.  The Heroine Emerges Triumphant speech was nothing I'd never heard before.  Too bombastic, too cliched, too in your face, too indulgent and too inorganic heh.  Maybe also because Beckett always wins anyway, so it wasn't really like she was an underdog to root for in that scene.  In comparison, I much preferred the swings scene afterwards which felt more human and natural.  If I'm going to pick from Terri's output in the last season, I would pick the wedding vows scene (though adding in "time of our lives" was a bit cheesy), or even the quieter, heartfelt Castle/alt Alexis scene in the wedding episode as her much better work.  Vampire Weekend was great.  They still knew subtlety and nuance back then.

Referencing Caskett on the show is another example of a heavy anvil and fan service that was too on the nose to be genuinely cool.  That, like the performance review, feel like notes that were stuck into an episode because the writer wanted to indulge in something rather than something organic from the story and the characters.  But hey, both got a lot of love from online fans, so Terri probably considers it mission accomplished. 

(edited)

Ha, do you mean his favourite backstory about Espo and Beckett having slept together? ;)  What I read was that he said something like Espo and Beckett saved each other and then cut to their apartment....?  But he forgot that it's Castle, so they would be interrupted before they even kissed. ;)  Someone should have asked him whether it's because of this backstory of his that Espo's so mean towards Castle. ;)

Which episode was he referring to when he said that he didn't want to say "shut the hell up"?  Espo is now so grumpy in every episode it could be just about any one. ;)

Dubsmash with Jon & Seamus.  They really love this dubsmash thing. ;)  Could have picked a juicier scene though.  Not surprised that Jon played Castle and Seamus played Beckett.  And they must be rooting for a musical episode at this point seeing how much they love to sing.  

https://instagram.com/p/3oCrJmHLM1/

Panel recaps here as well: https://twitter.com/bsarahharas

Honestly, most of what cast members say about Castle has been said before.  Like their favourite episode.  Or maybe it's people asking the same questions.  But it's interesting to hear more from Penny and Martha because they've comparatively said less about the show to date.  

OT: As someone temporarily using a Windows phone (not because of Castle!), my opinion is to avoid.  The hardware of the Nokia phone itself is good, but software wise, the app ecosystem falls far short of Android/iOS and it's a hassle getting used to a new interface. 

Edited by madmaverick

I remember that is well.  It's during a car chase scene and sounded so unnatural.

I have never heard that term mentioned on Tumblr, although I probably only see a micro amount of what goes on there.  I have heard Stana fans call themselves "Stanatics," but never anything for Caskett shippers.

Personally I think it's weird to come up with names for fandoms like that.  I don't even like the label "shipper" (even though I totally am one).  Can't people just say they are a fan of something?

Word! I'm tired of that too. It's just strange. I don't mind shipper. I'd take that over Casket, Bonehead, etc.

(edited)

Thanks for the links to the twitter feedback from the con.

This one made me giggle, I must admit it did look very strange.

April ‏@4x07  Jun 7
Seamus was perplexed by the fake background of the Caskett wedding, wondered if they were on Mars #12thPrecinctCON

Sarah :) ‏@bsarahharas  Jun 7
sleeper was crap bc not enough Espo and Ryan but also bc story line was not wrapped up #12thprecinctcon

I presume this was one of they guys expressing their views on that lamentable episode, at least the actors realise it was awful too.  

Edited by verdana
April ‏@4x07  Jun 8

Juliana didn't think the Gyrating Jenny thing made sense. She gave Ryan a tie!! #12thPrecinctCON

I loathed that "gyrating" Jenny scene it felt so off to me. I don't understand the writers mentality at times.

April ‏@4x07  23h23 hours ago

Jon/Stana's KBex/Espo story: young partners>"shit went down" on duty>got drunk>hooked up>wasn't right>never again discussed #12thPrecinctCON

Jon's really keen on peddling this whenever he gets a chance but I've never got a sexual vibe from their relationship. 

Sarah :) ‏@bsarahharas  Jun 7

Captains don't go to crime scenes. They like scenes with all 4 #12thPrecinctCON

Interesting that one of them presumably said so, this may be changing next season if they go down the Captain Beckett route.

Jon's really keen on peddling this whenever he gets a chance but I've never got a sexual vibe from their relationship. 

Interesting that one of them presumably said so, this may be changing next season if they go down the Captain Beckett route.

One of them may have said it, but I doubt any of them actually know what's going to happen with regard to Captain Beckett and how it would change the show.

And yeah, Jon likes that backstory.  I'm not really a fan though, so it didn't happen in my mind.

I loathed that "gyrating" Jenny scene it felt so off to me. I don't understand the writers mentality at times.

They are always thinking of plot over character.

Q: what ep would you change? PJJ: whatever next ep is. Jon: 7x06, longer wedding. Juli: 4x10, show wedding. Seamus: 4x23, "Let Beckett fall"

Nice response from Seamus on this one....

Yeah I saw Seamus response there and thought er...okay to each his own but good job he's not in charge heh. Castle and Beckett's journey would have ended rather abruptly and taken a tragic turn (I've read quite a few fanfics about that scenario and the aftermath) and he could have kissed a regular, healthy pay cheque goodbye because no way would the show have survived.

I'm not usually big on cute, but even I had to admit this was cute. http://www.whosay.co...tw&code=wrtaFmd

Aww that is super cute, I love the way they're all surrounding him and if they could talk I'm convinced they'd be saying "oh come on, stop being shy, give us a big kiss!"

In light of our demographics talk, it's funny that Castle and Nathan have been nominated for Teen Choice Awards.

I find it consistently weird how teens seem to go crazy about Castle (at least on twitter and tumblr) unless they're not teens but mature adults acting like them...but most do seem to be very young and I don't get what the appeal of Castle is (to them) in any way shape or form. madmaverick is right Castle feels like an old fashioned show and I would expect the viewing audience skews older and presumably it does in the general viewing audience. The actors are in their mid thirties and forties, the romance is hardly sizzling or edgy so what is it about the show which attracts such adoration in say a sixteen year old? It has to be the romance I guess but then I've long forgotten what it's like to be a teen.  

(edited)

Sandra knows best © ‏@Sandraxf  3 hrs3 hours ago

Mark your calendars, #Castle fans!

Season 7 DVD Box Set: Sept. 1

Driving Heat: Sept. 15

Season 8 premiere: Sept. 21

I hope the bloopers on the DVD are funnier than the disappointing S6 ones. I still can't get over that bizarre feature Stana did with Mark Polish on the wedding that never was which was filmed as if it had actually happened. 

I wonder if they'll have a special feature on the "Castle mythology" I suspect not....

I certainly won't be wasting my hard earned cash on it that's for sure, I can watch whatever decent bits there were on youtube. 

Edited by verdana

Last season, the bloopers on the DVDs were actually longer than the version that was posted on youtube a week or so the DVD was actually released.  They were still kind of disappointing, but they were still a little better.  I can't really remember anything specific though.  I think more stuff with Stana.

The bloopers have been lackluster for a few seasons now.  I get the vibe that any DVD extra this year will involve Jon and Seamus doing some singing and dancing, which doesn't get me all that excited.  And I think they said at the con they did a commentary for 701, which doesn't excite me all that much either.

Me too.  Tacky and tasteless.  On par with how they have Castle reference hot women he dated in front of Beckett.

but most do seem to be very young and I don't get what the appeal of Castle is (to them) in any way shape or form. madmaverick is right Castle feels like an old fashioned show

Except when they suddenly want to talk about gyrating and tricks with ice cubes and handcuffs? ;)  But it's all talk and never any action so... 

Stana/Beckett looks like and dresses like a supermodel, and some young girls are really into that and into making pretty .gifs?  There's nothing else on TV at that time though I think most teens don't watch TV on TV?  I think the romance is still the major hook for Castle, and for a lot of other soapy shows, regardless of the age of the viewer.  And I think online fandom especially tumblr still skew towards the young for all shows.  But I'm not sure if we have teens in this forum.  

Me neither.  His backstory feels just as likely as Espo harbouring a secret, unrequited crush on Ryan to me.

Terry Gilliam’s Amazon Deal Includes Don Quixote, Possibly Defective Detective Mini-Series

This headline made me laugh.  Remember Perlmutter's Defective Castle 'joke'?  Someone actually wants to make a Defective Detective series heh.

There's definitely an audio commentary on Driven (well with at least Seamus there is) because Seamus alluded to it during his interviews for 7.18 about how they were doing audio commentary for the episode around the time they got the script for 7.20. Curious to see which other episodes get audio commentary.

I'm curious about audio commentaries too. It would seem a no-brainer to do one for the AU/wedding episode with Terri involved and, with our luck, Amann and Marlowe will probably do one for Sleeper. I'm sure that'll be a ~big hit. /sarcasm 

Since I don't really have a favorite episode from this past season, I can't say one I hope to see a commentary on. I suppose Resurrection or Reckoning are possibilities too. 

Someone actually wants to make a Defective Detective series heh.

The TV series "Monk" often billed the title character as the "defective detective". He suffered from OCD and it was part of what made him a fantastic private detective. It was also what kept him from ever finishing the entrance exam to be a police detective.

(edited)
And I think they said at the con they did a commentary for 701, which doesn't excite me all that much either.

Why would I want to listen to a commentary on a story that was the equivalent of trying to affix a tiny plaster to an open gaping wound? The only positive thing about Driven was they didn't drag Castle's disappearance out that long but their reunion was hardly tender and romantic yet another missed opportunity by the writers. 

I'm curious about audio commentaries too. It would seem a no-brainer to do one for the AU/wedding episode with Terri involved and, with our luck, Amann and Marlowe will probably do one for Sleeper. I'm sure that'll be a ~big hit. /sarcasm

If they do one on Sleeper that would be odd given their obvious disinterest in telling the audience what had happened to Castle. I'd like to hear one on the AU episode if only to get the chance to hear Terri explain why they didn't just shoot the wedding outside at some secure location and use a real sunset instead of that cheap looking backdrop and why Jim was knocking back the champagne with gusto at the end, had it slipped her mind or was I meant to assume it was non alcoholic? 

Have the writers ever done a commentary on a finale?  I stopped buying the DVD's a while ago and haven't been paying attention. In this case given the circumstances for those that do choose to spend their hard earned cash it would be nice if Andrew and Terri talked about 7.23 given it was their send off.

On par with how they have Castle reference hot women he dated in front of Beckett.

That gets me too, it's so disrespectful or having him gawp at strippers when she's standing right there it's something I can't see any guy doing with an ounce of common sense or class yet they let Castle (who definitely should know better) do it, I assume it's something I should find amusing for some reason but I can't figure out why. 

Edited by verdana
Luke Reichle ‏@RedCarpetLuke  2h2 hours ago

Had a great sit down with @OldManWinter14 and @AlexiHawley about story lines et al. Season 8 of #Castle is gonna blow your dress WAY up!

Luke Reichle ‏@RedCarpetLuke  2h2 hours ago

Had a great sit down with @OldManWinter14 and @AlexiHawley about story lines et al. Season 8 of #Castle is gonna blow your dress WAY up!

What in the heck?! O_o Care to clarify on that?

(edited)

I'd like to hear one on the AU episode if only to get the chance to hear Terri explain why they didn't just shoot the wedding outside at some secure location and use a real sunset instead of that cheap looking backdrop

Probably because then they'd be at the mercy of shooting around mother nature.They'd have to be worried about (1) getting the shots they needed before the sunset changed too much, (2) getting lucky and getting a good sunset on whatever day the had scheduled for that part of the script, (3) having to take into account the weather, at the very least. I don't know about in California (and how they made it double as NYC), but where I'm from the good part of the sunset lasts 10, maybe 15 minutes.

Basically, too many variables they couldn't control and they didn't want to risk something going wrong, plus the cost to get everyone and everything they needed on location, so they opted for a green screen on a soundstage.

Also, I have no idea what Luke's tweet is even supposed to begin to mean.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 1

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be fine if the season 7 DVDs had no commentary from folks who are no longer a part of the show. I'm also fairly sure that won't be the case, but hearing Milmar or Amann wax poetic about their final episodes from the past season is something I can live without. 

If anyone wants to catch up on their summer fanfic reading over the summer this blog Castlefanfics is an amazing resource, she's very dedicated and organised she will also try and answer fans queries on fics they've read but can't remember the author or title. 

Also tumblr has a Castle 2015 Hiatus Ficathon going on and here's the site with the updated stories.

I think he's saying in his annoying way that the new season sounds exciting.

Yeah I guess so but Luke should forget about his excitement over S8 story ideas, he has but one mission in the new post MilMar era.

Dress.Castle.Better.

• Love 1

Newly discovered Castlefanfics too, and like Verdana said, what a great resource!  I love that there are lists and organisation.  Honestly, some well written fanfic has given me more satisfaction than many a lackluster episode over the years.

I think he's saying in his annoying way that the new season sounds exciting.

Why would anyone want dresses to be blown WAY up? ;)  We aren't all Marilyn Monroe.

Dress.Castle.Better.

I may still have some minute expectations for the new writers but I absolutely have none for Luke.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be fine if the season 7 DVDs had no commentary from folks who are no longer a part of the show. I'm also fairly sure that won't be the case, but hearing Milmar or Amann wax poetic about their final episodes from the past season is something I can live without.

I doubt Milmar will pass on the opportunity to have a presence on the DVD as much as possible, considering it's their swansong season, and who knows when the next thing they create will make it to TV and DVD. ;)  Wouldn't be surprised if they even got a special feature.  But I've never found them interesting when they talk about the show in interviews or on DVDs.

Don't know if Nathan was in on the joke or not with his tweet about Castle being the best TV show ever created in the world lol, but it's quite hilarious the number of people who actually took that seriously, including Terri Miller.

• Love 1

You're saying Seamus and Jon won't get nominated?! Not even Seamus and his "thank god, my hand" ad lib?! ;)

Seriously though, is there any negative side to throwing your name in even without a chance of winning? I read there's a fee, but I'm not sure how much it is.

Seriously though, is there any negative side to throwing your name in even without a chance of winning? I read there's a fee, but I'm not sure how much it is.

The negative is that they can't make excuses when they don't get nominated.  If they don't submit themselves they can say that's why they didn't get a nomination.

I can't believe Penny submitted herself.  She's really just a glorified extra on this show.  She was great on 24, so she is talented, but expecting a nomination for Castle is really silly.  She must know that, so maybe there's some benefit to submitting your name?

I can't see Castle winning an Emmy be it cast, crew or writers.  It's been nominated in the past for make up and music and that says it all. 

I don't get why some on twitter get so excited about them in connection with this show but then these are probably the same fans that say Stana or Nathan have been "robbed" of an Emmy (or even an Oscar in some cases...) every year, no they haven't.  I'm a fan of the show and like the actors but some perspective is needed.

• Love 3
(edited)

I suppose the upside to putting your name on the ballot even if you know you have zero chance of winning, and surely everyone involved with Castle knows that, is that it's a form of PR to remind others in the industry who will be scrolling through the ballot of your existence ;) and what you've been doing, even if it's not Emmy worthy, in case they are thinking of future casting.  It's probably standard practice for agents and managers to do this for their clients.  It can't hurt unless you really don't want to be associated with the work for some reason, or you make a big PR mess out of not being given Emmy quality material hence you decide not to put your name on the ballot like Katherine Heigl said publicly for Grey's Anatomy.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1
(edited)

What that means is she didn't submit herself.  While I am all for positive thinking, she didn't have a chance at winning. This list is quite laughable as it is every year.

Shows you how up their own ass most of these actors are.

I think most people do it because they're expected to, not because they'll actually expect to win. Or their agents/PR people do it for them. Before she went totally crazy, I actually had respect when Katherine Heigl point blank said she didn't submit herself for an Emmy the year after she won because she didn't think the writing and her work the previous season deserved it. I thought, well, at least she had some self respect and was in it for more than just the recognition (of course, blaming the writers probably wasn't a smart move, but honestly that was the season of ghost sex and ... she wasn't exactly wrong).

Stana has always said that she's more about the story she's telling and I think that's reflected in her professional decisions (like not submitting herself for an Emmy and taking the indie movie roles that aren't going to lead to blockbuster leading lady status).

But that said, yeah, the Emmys is a giant self-serving popularity contest (much like every other award show?). I tune in for the fashion on the red carpet beforehand and that's about it.

Edited by McManda

halwideman (or anyone else here with more TV industry knowledge than me) - do you know who makes up the biggest voting block of the Television Academy? Actors? Writers? Producers? Or is it pretty evenly mixed? 

(edited)

I think whatever you do is going to be spun to meet your narrative if there's a narrative out there about you. Margaret Avery's career was over after The Color Purple supposedly because she campaigned for herself and her movie to get Oscars too hard. Mo'Nique won best supporting actress for Precious and she can't get anyone to return her phone calls because she didn't campaign hard enough. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with Penny Johnson promoting herself. She had a thankless, poorly-written part and (unlike some of her costars, JMO) she worked hard at it. More power to her.

Of course, I loved her as Kassidy Yates, so I'm prejudiced.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

Katie Heigl and self respect don't belong in the same sentence. She's a slag and horrible to work with.

I never said she wasn't. She obviously has the reputation for a reason. But that opinion came before Knocked Up, it was before her downfall on Grey's (it was the beginning of the end), when she was fairly new on the mainstream TV stage, and it was before her reputation as being a diva and someone to stay away from on sets. My opinion came from a time where she was coming off an Emmy win and spoke out about her reasons for not blindly throwing her name in again, that's all. At the time, back in 2007, I was actually impressed with her decision and reasons. That doesn't mean I haven't changed my opinion after hearing more than was made public at that time (though I do still kind of respect that decision. The third season of Grey's was crap, especially for Izzie).

I also don't think that people like Penny, Seamus, Jon, or even Nathan expect to win, or even be nominated. I think they'd accept with grace if they were, but by no means do I think they expect it. Of course, I don't know any of them, so maybe they're all gigantic assholes with huge egos. What really think it that it's a game of Hollywood politics and they'll play along, whether or not they personally lick the stamp for their application or not. I also think that most people that throw their name in the ring for a nomination don't actually expect a nomination, unless their show is buzzy (see: shows like Game of Thrones) or a legacy Emmy winner (see: previous winners like Modern Family or Jim Parsons) or they've got giant egos and inflated sense of self. None of that applies to Castle or its cast, as far as I'm aware, so I'm going with politics.

(Do we need the disclaimer that I'm a pharm tech in the midwest? That's how I see awards shows anyway.)

• Love 1

I had a long post and then I decided not to post.

Yes, you're right; I didn't look up details about Katherine Heigl's Emmy debacle because the details weren't really pertinent to conversation. My point was, right or wrong, she was the only person I could think of offhand that's ever been vocal about why she declined to submit her name for a nomination just because she was expected to. It ended up basically being career suicide, but despite whatever internal politics that were going on and whether or not that was her completely her fault, at the time I rather enjoyed that she did. The end.

Are their classy ways to not submit your name? Sure. But I'd never compare Stana with Katherine Heigl in the first place. (Never did, by the way.) But I also don't think that by submitting their names that makes anyone that did (with no real hope of a nomination) look like asses.

I enjoy your insight and I do like that you bring a reality check to what we see, but I suppose I'm done on this topic now, because you've made it quite clear I've got my opinions all wrong. My comment about my location and job was just as an establishing baseline that I'm just commenting on what I see and that I don't have any real qualifications to back them up. No need to snark on me.

• Love 3

Let's all please remember that with many different posters here, with it comes different opinions.

And whether they are deemed incorrect or not, as long as it hurts no one and isn't ragging on fellow posters or being defamatory towards actors or BTS folks, it's fine.

Insight is always welcome since people tend to be curious. But let's just use the "just the facts" style and keep the snark to the show or whatever so as not to have inadvertent hurt feelings.

Everyone here has a right to post and everyone has a right to feel comfortable in expressing their point of view.

Thanks and carry on!

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm super dense today and don't get what the (mild) argument is about. That Stana subtly commented on the quality of season 7 and her role in it by not submitting, compared to the quality of previous years when she did submit? Because I doubt last year for instance she, or anyone from Castle, seriously expected a nom. And all the years before that, or at least since season 4 when I started watching, and all their names always appeared on this consideration list.

I would also echo McManda in the "unspoken rule" thing. There can be more than one, and they aren't necessarily known equally to everyone, that's the beauty of "unspokenness" (now that's a word). In my field of work every week at least I'm finding out a new unwritten rule I had no clue about, or share with others something of the sort that they had no clue about. Sometimes professional "unspoken rules" are substituted with personal ones in a subgroup, in a word it's all quite messy.

To me it seems that entertainment industry is a very heterogeneous, diverse and disjointed group of people, with many different subgroups with their own lore and order. I don't know though, it just seems that way. So it seems probable that they would have different understanding or value of the same things, in the "unspoken" way. So I doubt that literally 100% of the Hollywood population who didn't submit themselves for Emmy consideration this year are laughing at the poor schmucks who did. And I also doubt that it's frowned upon to not submit yourself for something. I feel that the reality is more diverse and less dramatic than it sometimes seems on the internet.

Edited by Gant
  • Love 1
(edited)

But that said, yeah, the Emmys is a giant self-serving popularity contest (much like every other award show?). I tune in for the fashion on the red carpet beforehand and that's about it.

Thank God someone else does this, I like the red carpet and reading the articles afterwards on "best/worst" dressed and to hear if anyone has made a highly embarrassing speech to cringe over (there's often a quite a choice) and that's it. I find the Oscars are the worst, they're so political and it seems to boil down to who campaigns the best has the greatest chance of winning. Then you get what I call the "pity" awards when an actor or director finally gets one after years of being ignored by the academy for much superior work.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think you make perfect sense, McManda, and I appreciate that you're framing your opinions, civilly, in terms of things you're familiar with instead of claiming some kind of personal knowledge. I'm pretty sure most of us are getting our industry gossip third or fourth hand.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

I am once again asking everyone to be courteous to your fellow posters. Meaning not snarking at their opinions, meaning no backhanded jabs, meaning acting like adults.

If I sound testy, that's because I am.

We are all adults here. I think you're all smart enough to act civilly towards each other.

And I get that some get info and it stimulates discussion here. But for some reason, it also brings...this. So if it continues, I'll respectfully ask that that be curbed. I hope it won't come to that.

If anyone has additional issues or questions, PM me. Thank you.

(edited)

Must-read fanfic from 'Bones,' 'Castle,' 'Sherlock' at USA Today by Denny Bryce

Fandom: Castle

Tumblr is a delightful source for fan fiction recs. As ABC's Castle ended its seventh season, I found quite a few fanfics popping up on my Tumblr dashboard, which led me to Fanfiction.net. But be warned, the Castle fan fiction I found was sexy and often AU. In other words, for mature audiences, and here are a few samples.

Stirred by bravevulnerability

A short, sexy, AU story with a punch.

Thankful by LadyLuck282

Another short read to get you into the Castle fan fiction mind-set. This one is sweet and fluff and fun.

Be warned? LOL yeah well I can imagine the reason is because most fans keen to put pen to paper are inventing their own "mature" scenes and AU stories to take care of what is not served that well on the show.

Edited by verdana