Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E00: Merry Ink

Muffyn
  • Start Topic

Seeing as I actually have a Santa Claus tattoo, I was really excited about this special. I was surprised that they found 4 people willing to possibly get 3 Christmas tattoos. Overall I thought all of the tattoos were pretty impressive. The only one I didn't like was the lights around the skull. I also thought the holly wrap looked a little too much like a garter which looked a bit odd on a male canvas.

• Love 1

After this last season it was nice to see some quality tattoos.  The skull with lights was weird.  When I think Christmas, I think skulls.  In fact, my office is decorated with skulls as I type this.  Oh wait, maybe I'm hallucinating and that i actually lights and garland.  I can understand wanting to add something to the tangled lights idea.  I just wouldn't have chosen a skull.

The holly wrap did seem rather feminine for the guy it was on.  I get a feeling he may be end up adding to that to make it look less like a garter.  

I can appreciate the artistry that goes into new school tattoos.  However, the more of them I see, the more I know I won't be getting one.  They just don't appeal to me, although the bendy Christmas tree was kind of fun.   

The woman who was very particular was interesting.  In real life, people are very particular about their tattoos, or at least they should be since they're wearing them for life.  On these shows they get so used to people, with a few exception, being more flexible.  In fact when someone doesn't agree to exactly what the tattooer wants to do, they always make it seem like major drama.  However, it certainly wasn't a level playing field.  

Snausages came off rather whiny.  Had I blocked this from my memory of him?  

• Love 1

I enjoyed this quite a bit more than I thought I would. Maybe these guys are just more professional or they were together such a short period of time so they were able to act like humans instead of caricatures.

I've always loved Jime so I was happy with his win.

Sausage was always kind of "whiny" but I attribute that to his somewhat obvious (at least to me) inferiority complex. He's very talented but I'm not sure he believes it himself. I've always been fond of him though and I'll take a little whine any day over the crapfest that was the most recent season.

Can't wait to see Josh next week. I really hope he pulls out the win.

Tatu Boobies is such a glutton for punishment coming back to be embarrassed on TV AGAIN.  Maybe she somehow forgot these judges hate female tattooers (and that she only got to third place because... um... how did she get to third place again)?

Snausages came off rather whiny.  Had I blocked this from my memory of him?  

He was wall to wall whiny on his season.  A good artist, but definitely very whiny.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Oh, hey!  Talented, mature tattoo artists who spend more time talking about tattoos than they do trading personal insults?  People with actual drawing and design skills talking about their design process and explaining the choices they made?  No customers walking away with anything that is objectively embarrassing to be seen with? 

Who knew--I mean who, except everyone who reads this board and probably a lot of people watching at home--how much more entertaining that would be than watching a bunch of half-talent assholes trash-talk their opponents and whine about how under-appreciated their crappy work is? 

• Love 7

I agree with everyone that this was surprisingly good.  I bet Sausage thought he would come in and walk away with it all.  Even though Baby's did not have a good tattoo, hers was much more challenging, while Sausage's was as basic as you could get.  I understand he thought it would not be manly for a guy to have a lot of decoration, but he still could have done something creative with it, and at the end it still looked like a garter...so his "simplicity" really added nothing.

I enjoyed this quite a bit more than I thought I would. Maybe these guys are just more professional or they were together such a short period of time so they were able to act like humans instead of caricatures.

I've always loved Jime so I was happy with his win.

Sausage was always kind of "whiny" but I attribute that to his somewhat obvious (at least to me) inferiority complex. He's very talented but I'm not sure he believes it himself. I've always been fond of him though and I'll take a little whine any day over the crapfest that was the most recent season.

Can't wait to see Josh next week. I really hope he pulls out the win.

I agree about Sausage. He has the ability & talent but he's too whiny & that's a huge turn off for me. I don't mind a sensitive guy but he was too much.

I was not happy that Tattoo Baby was there. She is not that great in my opinion, she's hit or miss. She's not super creative & the fact that she continues to mess up hands & anatomy drives me nuts.

I found this surprisingly enjoyable.  The playing field was even, there was zero drama and/or petty b.s. and it was all over within an hour. 

I would have been happy with either James or Jime winning.  All of their tattoos were spot on.  I particularly loved Jime's gingerbread house (that picky canvas was crazy for not liking the colors).