Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Ar Rissalah

President Payton has many questions for Nick Vera in the wake of a leak of a convoy-attack report. Meanwhile, Charlie flashes back to the convoy attack, revealing she's been hiding a secret from Payton, and a reporter is granted an exclusive interview.

Well, I see this show is a hot topic this morning. *snark*

My only thoughts are, can owners of guns now be identified by the bullets extracted from a body? All CIA guns use ammo and have rifling that can be individually identified? No? Okay, I didn't think so.

IRL, would a terrorist leader of people who keep their women wrapped in burkas take orders from or listen to an American woman wearing trousers? No? Okay, I didn't think so.

Meanwhile, the actor who plays Nick I find to be way attractive. I will have to figure out his name.

Oh: Isn't Alfrie as the president a bit old to have been serving in combat? Is there an age limit on fighting troops? She's 62 now. She could have served a term in Viet Nam.

Drinking game: Down one every time "POTUS" is said. It will make this show more fun.

ETA: I want that software that will let you move any part of any graphic out into its own window to become letters!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2
Meanwhile, the actor who plays Nick I find to be way attractive. I will have to figure out his name.

He got bizarrely more hot since the first episode. I'm intrigued and kinda surprised. He's not exactly male-model material. Also, I need more Nestor Carbonell in my life, now that he and Charlie get along fine.

I'm thinking the dead fiancé is not that dead (obviously), and he was in Fatah's organization from the start.

The terrorist group sounds like some sort of conspiracy theory about the aliens invasion from space for some reason. But it's fun so I don't care.

No pretty dresses/power suits for Charlie this episode, IIRC. Pity, that.

I kept staring at her hair so overlooked the wardrobe. Her hair is beautiful, and I'm happy she wears it in a functional/professional manner instead of being plastered with all those extra-long extensions that hang down on every other tv woman character whether that woman be a detective or a kick-ass assassin. At least KH's hair looks real, even if the plot might not be!

I thought Nestor was credited as a guest star so maybe he won't be around that long?

Edited by saber5055

I thought Nestor was credited as a guest star so maybe he won't be around that long?

Inevitably, Charleston will be made Director in a shocking season finale. The Senate confirmation hearings will take up most of next season as her sexual escapades are reviewed in excruciating detail........

• Love 1
Oh: Isn't Alfrie as the president a bit old to have been serving in combat? Is there an age limit on fighting troops? She's 62 now. She could have served a term in Viet Nam.

The Chief of Staff keeps bringing up the fact that POTUS fought in the first Gulf War which was back in 1991.  Which is even more confusing.

I still don't buy that A) the PDB team is managing real time ops (they should only be doing analysis and that's it) and B) that her team never seems to go home or C) that Charleston Chew is able to successfully hide the fact that she is lying about her relationship with Nick from POTUS (drink !!).

With all the Kabul flashbacks, are they hinting that maybe Charleston Chew (though I am growing fond of Charleston Screw) shot her own fiance with Nick's gun and it turns out she is the mole in her own dept. and is an operative for Fatah (ergo, the personal message from Fatah for her via the reporter).

Am I the only one that though Fatah looked like he had just come from the beauty salon for his interview with that reporter ?  He was a little too nicely groomed for living in a cave or basement.

• Love 1
With all the Kabul flashbacks, are they hinting that maybe Charleston Chew (though I am growing fond of Charleston Screw) shot her own fiance with Nick's gun and it turns out she is the mole in her own dept. and is an operative for Fatah (ergo, the personal message from Fatah for her via the reporter).

I think she definitely did shoot him. But there's probably some plausible explanation, like he was trying to kill everyone and such. She just doesn't remember it yet.

• Love 2

Am I the only one that though Fatah looked like he had just come from the beauty salon for his interview with that reporter ?  He was a little too nicely groomed for living in a cave or basement.

I know. Then there's the break in the video where he then afterward has dirt on his snow-white knees? That was so out-of-character. He didn't seem the type to be crawling in dirt while he knew taping was going on. And they use prayer rugs if they took a worship break.

And just because ... POTUS! *drink!!*

• Love 2

I found her response to Fatah's message to be so bizarre. She clearly already knew he had defected, so...?? I was really confused. For a second I was hoping it was some kind of word-trigger and she'd been brainwashed without even knowing it. While on one hand that sort of storyline would be ridiculous, on the other hand, it's the kind of campy development that would help the show take itself a lot less seriously, which it desperately needs. I would respect the show so much if they had the balls to do some sort of 'Charlie brain wash' storyline. 

I thought her silver-y blouse and dress pants that she was wearing when she was talking to Nick and he gave her the gun was stunning. 

Edited by mandigirl
  • Love 1

I thought her silver-y blouse and dress pants that she was wearing when she was talking to Nick and he gave her the gun was stunning.

I love the fashion comments for this show! On the same topic, I did not like the red prom dress POTUS (drink!) was wearing. It seemed a little immodest for a head of state. Especially since she's short, which offered taller men an interesting view.

• Love 1

The Chief of Staff keeps bringing up the fact that POTUS fought in the first Gulf War which was back in 1991.  Which is even more confusing.

I still don't buy that A) the PDB team is managing real time ops (they should only be doing analysis and that's it) and B) that her team never seems to go home or C) that Charleston Chew is able to successfully hide the fact that she is lying about her relationship with Nick from POTUS (drink !!).

Am I the only one that though Fatah looked like he had just come from the beauty salon for his interview with that reporter ?  He was a little too nicely groomed for living in a cave or basement.

I'm thinking they are indeed hinting that she shot her fiance with Nick's gun, either to protect him from capture or some other looming threat, or that he was the mole. Not liking any scenario where she is the mole. :)

Fatah did look well groomed!

Color me surprised that David threw Charleston under the bus, and that he was schmoozing with the media guy offering to give up the name of the CIA operative. I really was thinking he was in Charleston's corner, however I am having a hard time keeping all the plot threads together because one week must be too long for me to remember all the nuances in this, "Revenge," and whatever other thriller I'm watching. By the time they come back with "How to Get Away With Murder" and "Manhattan" I will probably be thinking Annalise killed her husband and Russia bombed Hiroshima, and have to watch all the prior episodes over again. Ugh.

• Love 1

Thanks kariyaki! I will remember that name for sure. His IMDB picture certainly does him justice. Although he is a little young for me in his OLTL photo. Heh.

I'm now watching this show for him. And KH's hair.

Edited by saber5055
Drinking game: Down one every time "POTUS" is said. It will make this show more fun.

Every time someone refers to her as POTUS, I feel the fourth wall coming down. I just can't imagine anyone in real life would refer to the president as "POTUS," especially if they work for the government. It's a whole lot easier to just say "prez" and everyone would know to whom you are referring. Even President, with an extra syllable, seems to roll off the tongue far more easily.

• Love 1