Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Precinct

Here's a place for small talk! Feel free to start character and episode threads! 

If you (collectively) would like to change the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

So I'm new to actually posting on forums, and this is probably totally the wrong location to do this, but I've been looking for a Rizzoli and Isles discussion forum because ever since I watched the season finale a few days ago, I wanted to ask what other people thought as well as posing a response to a specific line that Maura said to Jane.  I don't know how to start a new post for that episode, and I don't know how to warn about spoilers, so I don't want to ask my question without doing it properly.  Could someone help me?

Jan Nash (new executive producer) and Angie Harmon are getting along well.  Bj1pNELCAAA2cDh.jpg

Angie Harmon ‏@Angie_Harmon  21h
"She keeps me warm... “@JanNash100: Just another fun day at the... office?  @RizzoliIslesTNT  @JaneRizzoli Thanks  pic.twitter.com/fmmlakaiOp”

Let's hope the writing gets better this uocoming season. And please enough of Jane's love life, no more Tommy, Lydia and Frank Sr and I hope that Jane's pregnancy was a false positive.

But please more of Maura and Hope. Also I hope they bring in a really good guy for Maura. I am

hoping they bring BT back.

And yeah, no more of that sleazy Martinez. I could not stand him.

I know people want more Maura and Jane, less men in their lives, but not me.  Personally, I really like the Casey/Jane storyline, and I know that a lot of fans disagree, but I can relate to the angst.  To love someone doesn't necessarily mean its all sunshine and roses.  To love your job, to have your job define you, and to realize that one of you has to give that up to be together?  It sucks, but it happens.  And then throw in a pregnancy?  Yeah.  I can relate to Jane's choice.  In a way, I envy it.  I gave up my career to be with my husband when I found out I was pregnant, and there are definitely days when I wish I could have made a different choice.  I love him.  I love my daughter.  But I loved my job, too.  And if I had had a friend like Maura at my job?  There's a darn good chance I'd be a single mother right now.  And there would be days I regretted the choice.  Either way, it's a losing situation.  I like seeing that on TV, and I hope they don't gloss over it by writing Casey out and making Jane forget about him.

(edited)

My issue with Jane/Casey relationship never had anything to do because I want Maura and Jane together. I am not a shipper of a romantic relationship between them. Although i can understand why a lot of people do. But.I am shipper of their friendship. My issue with Jane/Casey relationship is that he is selfish. Their relationship has always been about him. He decides when their relationship starts and ends. When they first broke up its because he had to go back on duty and told Jane to move ob. Then he comes back and didn't tell her. Then he gives this excuse that if he cant feel her due to his injury he can't be with her. Never mind that didn't matter to her. He comes because he can after all have sex with her. Then he pretty much gave Jane an ultimatum. Its not a proposal to me. Basically, marry me so I can retire or I have no be the General. Really? So Jane decides she will marry him. And alas, he tells her military is his life and he can't see himself doing anything else. So he tells her "He is waiting for her." He expects her to move across the world. leave her job, her family, her team and her best friend. Why because his job is more important than her? I'm sure Casey is a great guy but he is all about himself. 

I happen to love Jane and I just hate how she has been written in the past three seasons and it has to do for some reason when there is a man in her life. I don't know why Janet Tamaro writes Maura and Jane this way. These women value themselves very highly but when there is a man they just devalue themselves. For Maura there was Ian. Then Dennis the serial killer. Dennis leaves and doesn't contact her. The moment he shows up she goes out with him.

But out of the two, Jane was written the worse. They even put in Martinez whom I detest. And she was tempted to cheat with him. I have no respect for a man who pursues a woman he knows is n a committed relationship.

Edited by IndependentMind

My main issue with Jane and Casey is that the relationship is so unearned. He's not around most of the time, he's this guy from her past so that's supposed to make up for the lack of building his character? We're not given a chance to get to know him or them as a couple except for a few episodes here and there because he's very conveniently in the army. I don't know how they expect us to buy that he's the love of her life when she has more chemistry with even Korsak than she does with her supposed great love.

That being said my other problem with Jane and Casey is that what I like about this show (and yes, I think Jane and Maura would be hot together, but I know that's not a thing and never will be a thing) is that it's about two smart, strong women who are exceptional in their fields, and who are not only NOT defined by their romantic relationships with men or seemingly desperate search for a man, and who also aren't in competition with each other for men. It's kinda rare, even in this day and age, to have female BFFs who aren't grossly catty with each other. Angie and Sasha have great friend chemistry, it shows, and they play on it quite well. It's one of the good points of the show. Let's face it, it's not a brilliant crime drama. We're not here for the puzzle, we're here for the interpersonal stuff.

Okay, I'm also here to gawk at Sasha Alexander, but that's another issue. How can someone be so elegant and sophisticated and also adorkable? HOW?

I agree with you Kristen. I find myself scratching my head whenever Casey shows up and Jane turns into another person. In my opinion, not only is he selfish but he is a jerk as well. As was Dean, Grant and Martinez. 

Yes, Sasha Alexander is gorgeous and funny and sweet. I adore her since NCIS days. She and Gillian Anderson are my girl-crushes. 

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I don't know how to start a new post for that episode, and I don't know how to warn about spoilers, so I don't want to ask my question without doing it properly.  Could someone help me?

Hey Sabs, starting threads is easy and you should totally do it. :) Just go to the main page for the Rizzoli & Isles forum and hit "Start topic". If you want to do one specifically about the finale, hit the little "use episode format" checkbox, and then you can enter season 4, episode 16, title "You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone" - and just start saying whatever you feel like talking about. Anyone can also start threads for general discussion of season 4 as a whole, what they want to see / don't want to see in season 5, discussion of specific characters as a whole, whatever....

Obviously in the season 5 wish list thread there'll be some discussion of things about season 4, and that's totally fine. But the goal is to have discussion of different topics spread out, so that when someone new comes to the forum they don't have to dig through a giant thread of everything-about-Rizzoli-and-Isles-ever, and if someone wants to reply to something someone said a while ago there's not pages and pages of intervening posts about independent things.

• Love 1

Jan Nash (new executive producer) and Angie Harmon are getting along well.  Bj1pNELCAAA2cDh.jpg

Angie Harmon ‏@Angie_Harmon  21h

"She keeps me warm... “@JanNash100: Just another fun day at the... office?  @RizzoliIslesTNT  @JaneRizzoli Thanks  pic.twitter.com/fmmlakaiOp”

Heh.  Clever way for the show to battle the "too much gay subtext" thing.  An overt joke about it!  Hee.

• Love 1

So I started a new thread (thanks for the how to!) to continue the discussion about Jane and Casey.  I copied the posts from this thread over, making my new post absurdly long, but if you skip ahead to the last two paragraphs that's where you'll find my new comments.

Can I start a new thread to talk about the books? Or is this forum TV only? Thanks.

Edited to add: I see there is a "books" forum, but none of the topics are R&I related. I just think more R&I fans would see a "R&I books the series is sorta based on" forum here, than buried in the books forum.

Edited by craziness

Can I start a new thread to talk about the books? Or is this forum TV only? Thanks.

Edited to add: I see there is a "books" forum, but none of the topics are R&I related. I just think more R&I fans would see a "R&I books the series is sorta based on" forum here, than buried in the books forum.

Sure go ahead