Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The 1 Train Of Thought

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show. Please feel free to start threads for characters, episodes, etc.!

If you (collectively) would like to change the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and I'll change it.

Is it okay to discuss book vs series here? When the show was still airing, I was given the book as a gift. I finally buckled down a few months ago and read it. After reading it I was bummed the series only showed Amalita once. She was a really interesting character in the book. Maybe they didn't want to take away from Samantha's outrageousness?

Is it okay to discuss book vs series here? When the show was still airing, I was given the book as a gift. I finally buckled down a few months ago and read it. After reading it I was bummed the series only showed Amalita once. She was a really interesting character in the book. Maybe they didn't want to take away from Samantha's outrageousness?

Book vs series is fine, but I think we might put that into a separate book thread. So LemonSoda, go ahead and start the thread if you want. I just looked, and Amazon is selling the paperback for $5.60 and the Kindle version is $5.99. So maybe we can have a book club, too.

Okay, so I was on vacation for a few days, and when I go on vacation, I go off the grid - meaning I haven't seen this or any other forum since the day before we left. Also, I am lead mod or co-mod for a fair number of reality shows, including just about everything on Food Network, plus anything Gordon Ramsay is involved with.

So, Wednesday night, after a long day of hiking followed by a dinner and a single glass of wine, I had this long, weird dream in which about 5 reality shows were combined. Essentially, I was on the Chopped Amazing Race: Let's Cook in India While Gordon Ramsay Stalks Us. I bring this up here because the two judges in the dream were SJP and Kim Cattrall. I remember thinking (in the dream) how nice it was that they were getting along, since they're rumored to detest each other. I also had no idea what on earth they were doing as judges of Indian cuisine.

My team came in fourth, btw.

• Love 1

Caught part of a SatC episode on Italian TV while on vacation recently, a scene with Carrie and Samantha from Carrie's short-hair period in Season 5.  The Italian voice actors for C and S sounded different, obviously from SJP and KC, but suited the characters just fine.  It's just a hoot hearing Italian come out of their mouths! 

• Love 2