Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11: Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels. Jude Law, Tamsin Greig, Nicole Scherzinger

• Start Topic

The guests on Graham's sofa: Hollywood stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels talking about their new movie Dumb and Dumber 2, actor Jude Law, starring in adventure thriller Black Sea, and actress Tamsin Greig, on stage in Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown. Music comes from Nicole Scherzinger, who performs Run.

Looks like Nicole S has been studying her Adele records really closely.

I'm not much a Jim Carrey fan, and he did his bit to prevent that from changing by his creepy crack about Russian women.

Funniest line of the ep: Graham about the first Red Chair guy: "You fascinate me!"

It's weird, but at times I thought Jim Carrey was hilarious and amazing, and then other times he was kind of obtuse or an attention hog. IOW, sometimes I thought he was fantastic, and other times he was annoying. For instance, Graham and the woman (I think) were making allusions to Lindsay Lohan being on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and then Carrey underscores that, as if no one had made the connection. I was also bugged that he kept pushing into conversations.

I guess I've seen Tamsin Greig before (since I've seen Shaun of the Dead), but she seemed completely unfamiliar to me, and I didn't like her.

For instance, Graham and the woman (I think) were making allusions to Lindsay Lohan being on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and then Carrey underscores that, as if no one had made the connection.

Mmm. Even more so, I thought Graham and the Tamsin were sort of, intentionally not picking on her; Graham sort of mentioned that she'd (ie her current show which presumably got plenty of press because of her being in it) would vacate that theater in question, I assume at least partially due to its press since possibly West End going viewers may have heard it and thought "but isn't X there", but then Jim underscored it, not only as if no one had made the connection of the insinuation, but also completely ignoring that Graham effectively said he was purposefully not going there. It's like, Jim, unless you really have something super funny and original to say, when the host says he's not going to go there, you don't need to up and go there. Besides making him look obnoxious, it was a tremendously lazy joke. At this point LL is just about the easiest target. Jim Carrey suffers from a large case of must-get-last-word-in-ism.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1