Type keyword(s) to search

Spencer Reid: Gorgeous Gray Matter

• Start Topic

It's going to be shown on IFC, the Independent Film Channel. I'm sure everyone here will watch, and most will love it. It's hyper-violent though, so maybe some won't. 

I loved it, in all its crazy, souped-up glory. Insane murders, lots of sex, but Matthew plays the sweetest guy ever... hard to explain. 

• Love 1

Finally some news!  ;-)

But uhm, does this mean it will be on tv soon or is it another film festival like SWSX? I saw the article on Deadline but still can't figure it out.

Edited by Nerys

The article mentioned the name -which of course I can't remember ATM-Of the group handling international rights and screening so it looks to me like there's imminent theatrical release for it.  It also mentioned an expected august date  

4 hours ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

I found someone who is exactly like Dr. Spencer Reid. Smart and intelligent. But with the confidence and power of Aaron Hotchner. :)

Good for you HotchGirl... I like Hotch too just not as much as Spencer... The other quality Dr Reid has apart from obvious intelligence is his empathy, may that be for bereaving parents or for a mentally unstable unsub. Also he is selfless, always putting others before himself. I will stop or else I can go on when is comes to Reid. 

Plus, that's not Matthew's best hair look. The way he has it now in the prison episodes looks fantastic!

Which is funny that his hair looked more tangled when he was actively working at the BAU than it does when he's incarcerated. ?

Voted!

• Love 1

Just voted, he's still losing (big difference) but anyway, he's got my vote, of course. 

And as I am here I might as well say that even with dirty hair, unshaven and with that tired look he looks awsome in the last episode!!

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, ReidGirl said:

As I am in U.K. I will watch "Green light" today. Staying away from that thread till I watch it. Was it good?? 

probably best of the season.

• Love 2

Now that you've learned to appreciate his angry side, you might try to learn to enjoy other aspects: thinking Spencer, vulnerable Spencer, caring Spencer, nerdy Spencer, ... many sides to the character, all of them very good. 

(May I confess that I also think that angry Reid is reaaallyyyy hot ?)

• Love 8

doing my first runthrough of screencapping and found something notable (at least I think it is)

Mismatched socks sighting!! while he's sitting at the table during Cat's fantasy date, you can clearly see two purple socks with different designs on them :D

• Love 5

I do not normally fall for TV show characters or stars. I usually don't even know their names in real life. I know they're just playing a part so the person I'm seeing on the screen is not the actual actor in real life. I'm in my mid-50s, and I think the last time I swooned over a star was in my middle school years (mostly because that's what the other girls in my neighborhood did).

Having said that... I absolutely adore Reid!! He is everything in one very nice package. Smart. Honorable. Good looking. He has a little of the awkward boyish shyness while having the integrity and loyalty of a grown man. He has softness in how he loves and ruggedness in his face and hair. He has it all.

I am officially in love with Reid and Mathew Gray Gubler. I look forward to having him all to myself in my dreams! ❤️?

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Complexity said:

I do not normally fall for TV show characters or stars. I usually don't even know their names in real life. I know they're just playing a part so the person I'm seeing on the screen is not the actual actor in real life. I'm in my mid-50s, and I think the last time I swooned over a star was in my middle school years (mostly because that's what the other girls in my neighborhood did).

Having said that... I absolutely adore Reid!! He is everything in one very nice package. Smart. Honorable. Good looking. He has a little of the awkward boyish shyness while having the integrity and loyalty of a grown man. He has softness in how he loves and ruggedness in his face and hair. He has it all.

I am officially in love with Reid and Mathew Gray Gubler. I look forward to having him all to myself in my dreams! ❤️?

Are you describing me?? 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

watch me!

watchme.jpg

Oooh. What are you gonna do about it Dr. Reid?/

1 hour ago, senin said:

Now that you've learned to appreciate his angry side, you might try to learn to enjoy other aspects: thinking Spencer, vulnerable Spencer, caring Spencer, nerdy Spencer, ... many sides to the character, all of them very good. 

(May I confess that I also think that angry Reid is reaaallyyyy hot ?)

Angry Reid is hot. Really. 

Watch me!!!!

He really deserves an Emmy for the last two episodes. We could see so many conflicting emotions in a moment on his face. I find angry Reid hot too. I cried when he hugged his mom. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ReidGirl said:

Watch me!!!!

He really deserves an Emmy for the last two episodes. We could see so many conflicting emotions in a moment on his face. I find angry Reid hot too. I cried when he hugged his mom. 

so did Joe Mantegna, Aisha Tyler, Kirsten Vangsness, AJ Cook and probably a couple million of us :)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ReidGirl said:

Watch me!!!!

Watch me. I can't get over this new Reid. 

• Love 1

The thing is, it's not a new Reid. He has always had it in him; he has always been a badass.  It manifests itself differently with him -- he doesn't kick in doors, or bash in heads.  He verbally annihilates, outsmarts, out-thinks. He brushes off insults about the fact that he doesn't look like a Morgan, doesn't act like a Hotch.  But he is the first -- and often only -- one to go in to a dangerous situation, unarmed and unprotected, prepared to use only his mind and his words.  And Reid is the only one, has always been the only one, to identify with the Unsubs, to risk his life for them.  It never generated the awe that it should have.

There is nothing more badass than that. He was at the end of his tether, in prison -- we saw how far he would go.  Maybe he would have even gone further, but thankfully, he was released.  But this Reid is merely an extension of the man he has always been.  Reid has always stuck his neck out, always risked himself, always been willing to go down for the cause.  Real bravery is being terrified and doing it anyway.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Droogie said:

The thing is, it's not a new Reid. He has always had it in him; he has always been a badass.  It manifests itself differently with him -- he doesn't kick in doors, or bash in heads.  He verbally annihilates, outsmarts, out-thinks. He brushes off insults about the fact that he doesn't look like a Morgan, doesn't act like a Hotch.  But he is the first -- and often only -- one to go in to a dangerous situation, unarmed and unprotected, prepared to use only his mind and his words.  And Reid is the only one, has always been the only one, to identify with the Unsubs, to risk his life for them.  It never generated the awe that it should have.

There is nothing more badass than that. He was at the end of his tether, in prison -- we saw how far he would go.  Maybe he would have even gone further, but thankfully, he was released.  But this Reid is merely an extension of the man he has always been.  Reid has always stuck his neck out, always risked himself, always been willing to go down for the cause.  Real bravery is being terrified and doing it anyway.

Wow Droogie well put and completely agree with all you are saying. I am just not very good with words generally :). Breen manages to write more aggressive/assertive Reid very well. 

Finally seen a finale revolving around Reid after a long time (after fisher king) and MGG and Aubrey Plaza were both brilliant.

The way he says "watch me", just wow!!! That is my new favourite scene.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Droogie said:

Just have to re-post this because you nailed it, Droogs!

he has always been a badass!

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Droogie said:

this!

This is it!

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Droogie said:

It's about time Reid became more assertive. He's a grown man now. And it's baddass and sexy. 

27 minutes ago, Droogie said:

You really nailed it!!

• Love 4

Finally joined facebook so I can tell my views in criminal minds as it seems thats the forum they care about the most. The whole CM official page was filled up with Shemar's return and Garcia. Is MGG/Reid not a crowd puller?? Or the CM officials think he is not as popular as Morgan and Garcia.

The CM official Facebook page is s cesspool of disgruntled NHNWers and Shemar's Baby Girls who do not seem to want to let him move on.  Even though that's HIS wishes. 

I've tried posting there but anything remotely positive about the show or Reid specifically is immediately overrun by hoards of grammatically challenged young ones espousing how awful the show is now.  And that they need to bring back Shermar (sic) and Hodge(sic). Endlessly 

CBS own site has the same issue  

I don't doubt that Shemar Moore was the big draw. Just look to his social media following. And there is a faction that love the Morgan Garcia thing. But there's also the faction of us that wanted that dialed back -too much is not a good thing.

But both Joe and Matthew have substantial followings. And so do both Paget and AJ. Even Kirsten.  I don't think Facebook is the best platform to measure popularity

I'm not sure how the producers gauge the fan reaction anymore.  I would think methods that require time and effort would hold the most weight but who actually writes letters anymore these days? 

• Love 4