Type keyword(s) to search

Spencer Reid: Gorgeous Gray Matter

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

oh DAMMIT. I am so sorry, Senin. Yes, that is from last night's episode. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

I will not do that again :-(

I don't think it really gives the plot away, but it is a spoiler. Fifty lashes for me!

note to self: no actual mentions of season 12 episode occurrences in any thread except the episode one! I'm sorry, Senin and TheWhiteOwl!

Actually, on that note, what are the rules about mentioning things from episodes that have already aired in other threads? I thought once it has aired in the US, it's fair game.

I am pretty terrible about paying attention to the thread title.

• Love 1

I'm not even sure. It does say 'spoilers' in the individual episode discussion thread and the season 12 spec etc thread. It never even occurred to me that what I posted above was a spoiler, and it most definitely --in hindsight :-( -- should not be here, whether there's a rule about it or not. Just as a general Internet courtesy, and again, I'm so sorry Senin (and other overseas folks!) although luckily, it doesn't really give  anything overly important away.

It's never mattered to me because spoilers just don't matter to me, but I completely get that it does matter to some, especially if they're not getting the episode for weeks. Um, Senin...you should PM me about that, actually O:-)

13 minutes ago, zannej said:

Does anyone have a good screen shot of Reid in his long black trenchcoat? I think Hotch had one too. Did he have more than one?

when was he wearing a long black trenchcoat?

14 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I'm not even sure. It does say 'spoilers' in the individual episode discussion thread and the season 12 spec etc thread. It never even occurred to me that what I posted above was a spoiler, and it most definitely --in hindsight :-( -- should not be here, whether there's a rule about it or not. Just as a general Internet courtesy, and again, I'm so sorry Senin (and other overseas folks!) although luckily, it doesn't really give  anything overly important away.

It's never mattered to me because spoilers just don't matter to me, but I completely get that it does matter to some, especially if they're not getting the episode for weeks. Um, Senin...you should PM me about that, actually O:-)

when was he wearing a long black trenchcoat?

That's what I'm trying to remember. It's a good thing I live out in the middle of nowhere because sometimes I forget to put on pants before I walk outside.

• Love 1

a search turned up nothing, as far as Spencer wearing one. Matthew I found in that long beige/tan coloured coat but not a dark one. The closest to a long coat I've found on Spence so far is a couple of shots in Zugzwang where he *might* be in a dark coat, but I can't tell if it's long or not cause the images of Spence are all fairly close up. And I doubt the costume department would cover up that fine ass any more than necessary anyway O;-) There's the housecoat in Magnum Opus...but I don't think that's what you're asking for either

Edited by ReidFan
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

oh DAMMIT. I am so sorry, Senin. Yes, that is from last night's episode. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

I will not do that again :-(

I don't think it really gives the plot away, but it is a spoiler. Fifty lashes for me!

note to self: no actual mentions of season 12 episode occurrences in any thread except the episode one! I'm sorry, Senin and TheWhiteOwl!

You don't need to excuse or punish yourself (fifty lashes)! 

I do know that in reading any thread I am risking it, and I might learn something about episodes, good or bad acting or any other thing which I prefer to ignore until after I have seen the episode. 

And I have to say that I'm quite particular about what I consider spoiling: it's not only discovering plot or ending of the episode, but also too many opinions, either good or bad. If you all say that the episode yesterday was excellent (only an example), my expectations will get really high and when I finally see it, I might get dissapointed. 

Anyway, write whatever you like, I'll try to skip the dangerous parts!!

Note: Reidfan, I'll be sending you that PM, thanks for the offer. 

perhaps not Senin, but I firmly believe that I should not have put something that could be construed as an episode spoiler in THIS thread. That's just wrong on my part, and I do feel terrible to have done so. Spoilers, however small and possibly insignificant, should be kept in the threads designed for them.

I appreciate that you're not as angry with me as you have every right to be <3.

I could never be angry with you... as long as you keep posting those beautiful photos!! 

About the "coat" thing: what type of coat are you looking for ? something similar to the one Matthew was wearing in the picture with the purple trees? The one that we said had strange proportions? Just in case I can be of help. 

10 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

Senin, I did some screencaptures of the episode last night. Should I post them here, (cause they are all of Spencer) or would you prefer if I put them in the episode thread so they don't spoil you at all.

They belong here, so post them!! 

4 hours ago, senin said:

Reidfan thanks for the pictures, (you really did 60 captures??)

pfff. that's nothing. I did almost 300 of Entropy. About 500 of Zugzwang. overkill, I know. and my son just taught me how to advance the video frame by frame, so I'm envisioning revisiting Entropy.

On 9/29/2016 at 1:46 PM, zannej said:

Does anyone have a good screen shot of Reid in his long black trenchcoat? I think Hotch had one too. Did he have more than one?

not sure this was the shot you're talking about.....

tallone copy.jpg

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ReidFan said:

pfff. that's nothing. I did almost 300 of Entropy. About 500 of Zugzwang. overkill, I know. and my son just taught me how to advance the video frame by frame, so I'm envisioning revisiting Entropy.

I don't know if other people will agree, but I'd love to see some of the Entropy captures... or the Zugzwang ones. 

• Love 3
On 29/9/2016 at 7:46 PM, zannej said:

I have just seen (on youtube) of Spencer wearing a long black coat, but I'm not sure if it is a trench coat, the scene is dark. It's from season 10 episode 14, maybe that is what you were looking for?

Editing: I forgot the link to the scene, 

I didn't mean the picture to appear... I'm so bad at these things!!

Edited by senin
  • Love 1
On 9/14/2016 at 1:32 AM, ReidFan said:

Omg how!!???   I think he's absolutely wonderful in it.  I love that one it's my favourite to watch over and over and cry every time. 

But why can't I place this image?

:(

I love it, too, Reidfan. I don't like to see him tortured or cry out in pain, but I love his vulnerability and that even in a tortured and drugged state, he's still smart enough to figure out where he is and give clues to the team. I love when others on the team admit that they need his brain to solve such a case.  I love the backstory we get and how we see it broke his heart to have his mom committed but he knew it was the best thing for her to get that 'round the clock care. And I love that we see the genuine affection each team member has for Reid.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, ReidFan said:

this trenchcoat?

1454095539286.jpg

Is his hair cut really short or is it slicked back into a ponytail? Personally, I think I prefer him with his egg-beatered, tousled, messy locks. This is a bit too severe. However, love the long coat on him.

• Love 1

It's slicked back.  This was part of a photo shoot done for Watch mag last year.

i think he's beautiful regardless of how he wears his hair, although I am partial to the hair in my avatar -- I wish he had let it grow even longer back then.  I doubt I'll ever see it that long again.  But I love his look in these photos. His bone structure is just ridiculous.

• Love 4

i effin' hate the scraggly long hair, it looked unwashed and uncombed to me. the 'extremely homeless poet' era  blech. hated it. I might have liked it if they'd brushed it neatly but not that mess. but it's funny cause i don't hate it enough to not watch it. and I also don't like the really short post-Life After Beth-it-hasn't-grown-back-yet either that he had in the beginning of that particular season.

14 hours ago, ReidFan said:

same picture, it has now been matthewed

smallerversion.jpg

Your use of "matthew" as a verb makes me smile everytime. And the name of that road made me smile even more...

I want to live there!!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, senin said:

Your use of "matthew" as a verb makes me smile everytime. And the name of that road made me smile even more...

I want to live there!!

And I want to own a cafe there:

The Doctor's Diner
Reid's Restaurant
Braniac's Bistro
The High IQ Cafe
Spencer's Snack and Sandwich Shop
The Eidetic Eatery
The Profiler's Table
The BAU Boite

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ReidFan said:

lol, given the area it was in, you'd be more likely to see Spencer's Bait and Tackle Shop. or Reid's RV Repair.

But you gotta go out on the town sometime; you can't just exist on the fish you caught, right?

But this area does make me think a lot of up north Wisconsin where a lot of fishing and hunting goes on. But being a city gal, the only fish I come across is either sushi or a good Friday fish fry. And the only gun I can handle is a hot glue gun.

3 hours ago, ReidFan said:

'go out on the town' from where this road was, is a good hour's drive away. There's always the truck stop on the trans Canada....

Wow, that really really sounds like up north Wisconsin. I could go up there and to the residents it's like I'm from a huge metropolis like NYC or LA. Milwaukee has just over half a million residents. It's pretty mid-sized.

On-Topic: I'm not the biggest fan of the longer hair either (as mentioned, too straggly and looks a bit unwashed), though it's Matthew's hair, and he can do whatever he pleases with his locks. I really like the current incarnation of his 'do. It's a bit more tamed, yet still maintains a tousled look that is quite alluring.

Edited by Bookish Jen

Him in this vest is one of my favorite Reid pics of all time. The vest itself makes an appearance in at least 3 episodes, but it's the hair that makes me weak-kneed. I just find him so beautiful here. Add the bottom pic with the scruff and, woooo... just stunning. 

i0vJXbO.png

qVOkb4x.jpg

• Love 4

wow!! Thanks for the pictures. 

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers Reid with long hair. I love it at the beginning of season 5, then it might have been a little bit too long, just before the "boyband" look. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, senin said:

wow!! Thanks for the pictures. 

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers Reid with long hair. I love it at the beginning of season 5, then it might have been a little bit too long, just before the "boyband" look. 

Personally, I like most of Reid/Matthew's 'dos. Longer hair just tends to get straggly at times. 

I even thought Reid/Matthew looked adorable with the snap-on Lego piece style he sported during the first season.

It's all good.

• Love 3

In Season 3, his hair was definitely scraggly more often than not (and I loved every second of it) but in Season 5, I was definitely all heart eye emoji.  It was lush and full and shiny and I would've loved to have seen it further down his back.  I'm also a fan of S4 hair, right around the time of In Memoriam, etc.  

i find long hair on men generally very attractive.  Sometimes it's the only way they are attractive (thinking of some musicians). MGG has the unique pleasure/blessing of being stunning any which way.  

• Love 5

I love all his hair except the uber short cut. But Season 5 is my favourite - straggly yes, on occasion, but I guess I'm still just an old hippy at heart. This is my favourite pic - at Haley's funeral. The emotion just pours out of him! And he has the purple scarf!

KwtBnoq.jpg

• Love 5

I have a question, does anyone know why Reid is wearing glasses during season 2,or at least part of that season? I know he needs them but, why glasses and not contact lenses in that particular season? (Not that I'm complaining, just curious) 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, senin said:

I have a question, does anyone know why Reid is wearing glasses during season 2,or at least part of that season? I know he needs them but, why glasses and not contact lenses in that particular season? (Not that I'm complaining, just curious) 

I believe he had a nasty reaction to a cleaning solution of the contact lenses, ended up with an infection and went with the glasses for a while. I wish he'd continue to wear them at least once in a while. I wore contacts for years, and always wore my glasses at least part of the time too.

• Love 3