Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Library

• Start Topic

So now we know why there's been a nationwide shortage on Elmer's Glue; @AnnieF has been hoarding it.  Hee!

No lacrosse.

This weekend I'm going to a friend's birthday part in the afternoon.  I love her but she's turning 40 she's got a bee in her bonnet about it.  Lifetime or Vh1 should start a reality show along the lines of my sweet 16 to "my fantastic 40" so folks can go all out and hire bands and spend $$$ on dresses and food and have tantrums when their signifitcant others (siblings) won't buy them cars or huge jewelry.

Sunday I'm being a reader for a workshop on an opera.  Needless to say, my part is a non singing part.

• Love 4

When life hands you Elmer's, découpage!

Yet another saying to go on one of our t-shirts. We'll have to re-name our collection now that the MM is no more. Literary Annotations?

Have fun this weekend @KPC. If you and your friend's siblings got together, could you buy her a gas-guzzling lemon? It's the gag gift of the 21st Century.

• Love 1
Hope it's a little warmer tomorrow Chyna and you can enjoy the match.

It's only in the upper 50s, but it's very sunny so it feels a little warmer. Def warmer than yesterday. So I think we'll survive. :)

Hi all! I haven't had anything to contribute so I haven't posted anything in awhile. But I have been reading and keeping up. Wondering how many more treasures AnnieF is going to find :).

I'm a Mets fan. Crossing my fingers that if I go to a game in August, it will be one of those rare moments where they win.

I do have one little vent. My stupid cable company (i.e. Time Warner) cancelled the East coast feed of BBC America so I had to wait til 9pm PDT to watch Orphan Black. Not happy!

*HUGS* to all who need it. And I hope the weekend is treating you all well wherever you may be.

• Love 1

Work has been kicking my patoot since last week.  It's so exhausting to work in a culture that prefers drama and chaos over calmly sitting down and working through shit.  Also? Someone on third shift has been coming into my office and eating all my candy.  I mean, it's there for everyone, but why eat it all?  Even the watermellon Starbursts, and they suck!

Here endeth my complaints.  For now.  Thank you for listening.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think it's time to withhold the candy until your overly dramatic co-workers get their act in gear earlisdead

I hope everyone is having a good week.  I worked out TWICE yesterday and I still don't think I am losing the weight I need to lose. It might be time to do the "eat less" part.  Which sucks, because I miss chocolate chip cookies.  I guess protein shakes are the way to go.  Blech.  When it comes to food, I lack discipline.

Are you out there Barphe?  Can you check in with us- just a peep- to let us know you're lurking and are mostly okay?

I hope everyone is having a great tuesday.  Vibes and hugs.

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • Love 4
It might be time to do the "eat less" part. Which sucks, because I miss chocolate chip cookies.

Or keep eating your cookies and don't lose the weIght, because YOU DON'T NEED TO!

I may or may not have shed some tears over the Warehouse 13 finale.

• Love 3
(edited)

More inspections today, whee! I've had two different arborists give me estimates for stump removal (there is a row of four big evergreen stumps between our house and the neighbor; the trees served as the fence until the power company hacked the trees to near-death and the previous owner had them all cut down). The first estimate I got for stump removal was $2K. This one that I just got is for about $600. Um?

I want this to be over. I am super-excited to move, and fortunate to be able to do it, I know. I don't take that for granted. I just want it to be a thing that already happened, heh. Can someone wake me in about two months? That'd be swell. ;)

@KPC, ditto to the nth. Weight loss what? You have NO NEED.

Edited by AnnieF
  • Love 4

Yeah, KPC, what are you on about? Have you put on a massive amount of weight in the last two months? Or are you auditioning for the role of "famine victim"? Because otherwise, I don't see the point of weight loss.

• Love 2
(edited)
The first estimate I got for stump removal was $2K. This one that I just got is for about $600. Um?

Possibly a dumb question, but is the second (lower) estimate for actual removal, or just grinding down of the stumps?  (It's something I've run into at work.  In my case, the stump removal ran about $1,500 for one bigass maple tree.)

Echoing the wish for a happy Tuesday (and week) for everyone.  

Edited by harrie
  • Love 3
(edited)

@harrie, not dumb at all, that's the kind of thing that'll bite you in the ass if you don't check, so thank you, seriously. I looked at the quote:

The tree’s stumps will be removed by stump grinder at a depth of 12"- 16" below grade. All debris cleaned up and void where the stump was will be backfilled to original grade with quality topsoil.

So, complete removal, which is what we need. And the quote is actually $495. I'm inclined to go with this guy, not just because it's cheaper, but because this company has been around a lot longer and this guy has more experience. (And yes, I am ignoring the fact that the "tree's stumps" will be removed, although it is so tempting to ask "which tree are we talking about here." Snerk.)

@Earl Is Dead, my wish for your thieving coworkers is that all the candy turns to circus peanuts in their hands. Worst. Candy. Evar.

Edited by AnnieF
  • Love 5
(edited)

AnnieF, that's a great price.  I wonder what he'd charge for my bigass maple, never mind that it's a couple thousand miles away.

Earl Is Dead, I've had the candy jar situation too. At one point, I had a semi-confidential project going, so I just let it run dry and said I hadn't had the chance to get to the store (because people not only stopped for a piece of candy, but tended to congregate).  That worked for a couple of days, but then someone brought in a bag of candy for the jar  -- gee, thanks. It was a very nice gesture, but the candy jar had to move to a more neutral site for a while. 

Edited by harrie
  • Love 3
(edited)

Harry I hear you.  I have regular visitors that only come for the candy and always stay to chat.  I'd stop putting it out but I feel like I'm their supplier now.  I am going to start locking the drawers here in my office though because one of them was open when I got in this morning and that actually ticks me off more than the pilfered candy.  There is nothing that could possibly pertain to anyone but me and my direct report lurking in my desk drawers overnight.  I can only assume they were after more candy.  This place is seriously weird sometimes.

KPC I don't know what you look like, but obviously some others in here do, so I hope their support helps you.  I will only share something that really resonated with me the first time I heard it:  Fat is not a feeling. 

Circus peanuts:  WORD.  One Easter my mom was out of marshmallows and used them as a substitute on a sweet potato casserole. If anyone is curious, this does not work out well.

Edited by Earl Is Dead
  • Love 3

One Easter my mom was out of marshmallows and used them as a substitute on a sweet potato casserole. If anyone is curious, this does not work out well.

Oh blegh. Serious no, gaaaaaaaah. In my opinion, of course. ;)

Gotta go meet with realtor and inspector now. And it's raining. Since we are in Droughtville, this is very very good. But it would happen today, of course. Ah, weather.

Vibes to all. :)

• Love 3

One Easter my mom was out of marshmallows and used them as a substitute on a sweet potato casserole. If anyone is curious, this does not work out well.

Oh, nononononono. Marshmallows on sweet potato casserole is the best thing ever. There is no substitute.

• Love 1

I've never had a circus peanut and now I definitely won't.  I remember being fascinated by them as a child- mostly because of the color. 

Yay to the rain AnnieF!!  Sorry it's come at such a not great time, but I hope you and California get enough to get out of the drought zone.

Don't get me wrong- while I'm not pleased at my current weight, I want to LOSE weight because of a photo session I have coming up on June 9th.  the camera actually DOES add weight, and I have a round face.  Obviously I won't go down any dangerous ways to lose weight, but mostly I need to just stop feeling so deprived when it comes to food.

I need a boyfriend, but currently the guy I have a crush on is not available and not being particularly friendly either.  And since the girl  he is with left her husband to be with him, I'm guessing they are in it for the long haul.  Guys are stupid (present company excluded).

• Love 1

There is a small safe sunk into the concrete floor in the garage of the new house. It has the combination written in a spidery old-person hand on a little note on top of the safe, but Mr F could not get it to open. Mystery! :) When we started speculating about what could be in there (gold bullion, worthless old receipts, Al Capone) our realtor chimed in with "an urn." Mr F and I both looked at her, and she just shook her head and said "I have stories, let me tell you." Hee hee.

Things look mostly good on the house. Every inspector we've had in has mentioned that the construction is high quality -- this place is a flip, and lots of flippers are corner-cutters, but evidently they did a good job on this house, which is always nice to hear. I just want to be done with this part.

I'm still nauseated by the idea of circus peanuts on a sweet potato casserole. So wrong, so terribly, utterly wrong.

• Love 2
(edited)

There is a small safe sunk into the concrete floor in the garage of the new house.

I read this as small safe skunk and was curious how you could be sure. Then I read this - 

It has the combination written in a spidery old-person hand on a little note on top of the safe, but Mr F could not get it to open.

and was even more confused, wanting to know why a small safe skunk would write a spidery little note by old person hand.  Then, I decided to take a rest and come back to the strangeness that is AnnieF's house inspection adventure at a later time. 

Don't do anything rash to achieve the weight loss, KPC. And, you don't need a boyfriend. You may want to be with someone, but it's not a necessity. 

Edited by Loandbehold
  • Love 5
(edited)

@Earl Is Dead - I hope your week gets better. I'm right there with you.

The culprit should replenish the candy, and I'd be very annoyed if someone was going through my desk while I wasn't there. Everyone has sufficiently covered the horror of the circus peanuts/sweet potato casserole, so I'll move on.

Hang in there @AnnieF - It will go faster than you think and be all worth it.

I'll echo what everyone else has said @KittenPokerCheater about the weight. I don't know you personally either, but the others do and all seem to agree. Although, I can understand being annoyed that the camera adds weight.

@trudi-tru - was it the season or series finale of Warehouse 13? I started watching that series twice but did not get far. It was starting to grow on me the more I was watching it, and I've been told I should go back to it but haven't found the time. It's on my list.

I read this as small safe skunk

You're not the only one.

Edited by Endeavour
  • Love 3

Hee, small safe skunk. It should stay away from me, I'm the rodent killer (just the one squirrel. Okay, two squirrels, but that's it, I swear!) Of course, if it's safe then by definition it's not near me? Hmm.

Furry little bastards. ;)

• Love 2

I want Circus peanuts now. And candy corn.

KPC, I support your weight loss only as long as you promise that you'll eat a humongous pizza with chocolate chip cookies as soon as it is over!

I am off to Canmore (near Banff) tomorrow with the parents and husband. Time to hike and bike.

(My parents don't hike and bike and they've been with us for two and a half weeks out of the six so far, so we are hiking and biking and drinking for the next four days to save our marriage!)

• Love 5

I had a bout with food poisoning before my flight to NYC. I can verify the weight loss, but boy, is that a shitty way to do it. Pun intended!

I had a whirlwind trip to NYC. While I wish I could have seen some of the folks here, I had a crazy schedule. I did get to see Matilda and Hedwig. Hedwig really was a once in a lifetime experience, and I am so glad I got to see it.

@AnnieF, I am glad the house inspections are moving along nicely. I am excited for you! What do the boys think about the move?

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm the rodent killer (just the one squirrel. Okay, two squirrels, but that's it, I swear!)

That's two squirrels a DAY!  :)

I had a bout with food poisoning before my flight to NYC. I can verify the weight loss, but boy, is that a shitty way to do it. Pun intended!

Ugh, sorry about that crappy day harrie.(pun intended also)   At least it wasn't during the flight Do you know what made you sick?

But glad you enjoyed Matilda and Hedwig.You think Hedwig will score some Tony awards?

Speaking of Broadway shows, my cousin is getting tickets for me,my sister and her sister-in-law to see Motown the Musical.  Have you seen that one? Looks like fun. It's a Wednesday matinee in June...I looked at the prices..wow..I didn't they'd be over $100 for a matinee! I haven't been to a show in years, so I didn't know what the prices were. I mean, I know Broadway shows are pricey, but I just wasn't expecting those prices. Whatever, it's fine. It's a day out in the city(and better yet, a day off work!)

Gah, had insomnia last night. I think I got about four and a half hours sleep,yet I wasn't tired at work,just the usually yawning. I'm waiting for some drowsiness to kick in now.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 1

NPH is a lock for a Tony. I am very excited for that awards show.

It was an artisan pizza that made me sick. My coworker ordered the same lunch and had the same food poisoning. I kept flashing to the scene from Sex and the City when Harry is on the floor with food poisoning yelling, "It was the fromage--the fucking fromage!" The good news is I am off pizza for a long while.

• Love 1
a humongous pizza with chocolate chip cookies

That sounds almost as bad as circus peanuts on a sweet potato casserole.

I didn't they'd be over $100 for a matinee!

Reason #1 that I don't do Broadway any more.

Hee, small safe skunk. It should stay away from me, I'm the rodent killer

But -- skunks are carnivores, right? You have nothing against carnivores, do you?

Guys are stupid (present company excluded).

Sure, we're not all bad. In fact, something like 90% of the men out there give the rest of us a bad name.

Don't do anything rash to achieve the weight loss, KPC. And, you don't need a boyfriend. You may want to be with someone, but it's not a necessity.

What Lnb said. Personally, I think you look great, but I'm still vibing for you to hit your weight goal.

As for a boyfriend, there are far worse situations than being single. I bet you can easily find a few dozen divorcees who can attest to that. I wish you all the luck in finding love with someone awesome (and I'm pretty confident you will, just because like attracts like), but I hope you'll never look at "boyfriend" as something that has to happen.

• Love 4
@Earl Is Dead, my wish for your thieving coworkers is that all the candy turns to circus peanuts in their hands. Worst. Candy. Evar.

They make good erasers though.

@trudi-tru - was it the season or series finale of Warehouse 13? I started watching that series twice but did not get far. It was starting to grow on me the more I was watching it, and I've been told I should go back to it but haven't found the time. It's on my list.

It was unfortunately the series finale.

• Love 1
(edited)

I want Circus peanuts now.

No, I refuse to believe this. No one wants circus peanuts. They continue to be made to show us all that evil exists.

AnnieF, I am glad the house inspections are moving along nicely. I am excited for you! What do the boys think about the move?

@Harvester, thank you. :) The F-let is excited, mostly because fireplace! The F-ster is grumpy about it, but has not articulated his reasons for being disgruntled (being 14 years old accounts for a lot of it, I think). I'm going to have to drive the F-let to school every day next year, since he'll be at the same elementary (6th grade, then we'll finally be done with that school after nine years). Hallelujah. I'm not even going to ask for a variance -- who's gonna know?

That's two squirrels a DAY! :)

Shhhhhh!!!! Are you trying to blow my cover?

It was an artisan pizza that made me sick

Did it in fact have fromage on it? A soft one, like goat cheese? 'Cause that could've given you listeria. Sorry, the old culinary school training kicks in and I start wondering which ingredient might have given you which illness. ;) Edited by AnnieF
  • Love 1
I am going to start locking the drawers here in my office though because one of them was open when I got in this morning and that actually ticks me off more than the pilfered candy.

That is just wrong. It is already bad etiquette to take the candy when you're not in the office, but to open your drawers looking for it? That's unacceptable.

you don't need a boyfriend. You may want to be with someone, but it's not a necessity.
I hope you'll never look at "boyfriend" as something that has to happen.

Our boys are so wise.

@Endeavour it was the series finale. I recommend checking it out, it's light and very funny at times.

Furry little bastards. ;)

I believe that's diffamation.

• Love 2

Have fun biking and hiking @Erratic - hope your parents enjoy it too.

Sorry to hear about the food poisoning @Harvester - at least it was before your trip. Glad you had a great time.

Haven't seen a broadway show in a while. There are some I'd like to see but haven't looked into it. I'm surprised at the matinee price though.

Ugh, insomnia. Hope that goes away quickly @Valny - I dealt with that for years some time ago. Not pleasant.

@AnnieF when is the big day?  And more importantly, will you be leaving the urn buried in the safe in your new garage?  (There's a sentence I never envisioned using).

Blech to food poisoning @Harvester , but so glad you got to enjoy New York and Hedwig.  The last time I made it to NY was to see Hugh Jackman's one man show.  Talk about pricey tickets, but it was totally worth it.

Glad you are surviving the parents @Erratic - enjoy your get away.

Thanks for the work vibes, @Endeavour and all.  I'm in an extra hour early this morning to suffer the 4th day in a row of painful conference call insanity.  I really should have been born a farmer.

I also want to say that I'm really enjoying all of you and this place, especially as an escape from the drudge of the work day. Thanks for having me!

• Love 1

AnnieF when is the big day?

I have no idea, because we're thinking that we're going to withdraw our offer. Stuff just keeps turning up that makes the place seem less like "perfect" and more like "well, the yard is an amazing fixer-upper opportunity!" Yeahno, I'm already going to have to deal with remodeling on my current house; I don't need to deal with it in my new house too. There's another place that came on the market just a couple of days ago that we want to look at, so the real estate saga continues for a while. Yay?

Hapoy Wednesday, everyone. :)

• Love 2

AnnieF, we should talk offline. We just found out we're in the market to buy a new (to us) home, and I'm dealing with inspectors, financing, contractors........All that fun stuff.

I have a request that I trust this crowd with more than any other....

Can you recommend some audio books for a newbie?

For my upcoming vacation next month I am going to try out audio books (I've been doing it the old fashioned way prior to now). The type of book I like to read is fiction as op non-fiction specifically sic-fi/fantasy, young adult is ok if it is good, historical fiction, light detective/mystery -- NO "romance," porn, violence and horror please, not my style especially if I have to listen to it.

• Love 2
(edited)
I am going to start locking the drawers here in my office though because one of them was open when I got in this morning and that actually ticks me off more than the pilfered candy.

That is just wrong. It is already bad etiquette to take the candy when you're not in the office, but to open your drawers looking for it? That's unacceptable.

Agreed, trudi-tru.   No offense to any managers here, but in my experience the ransackers would have been upper management, possibly the company president.  

Annie F, I understand having misgivings about the work to be done on the (maybe) new place, but really, how could you pass on that urn in the safe?   You don't find those in just any house, you know.  But seriously, I am finding this interesting and informative because one day we will buy a new place, and it's good to know about these headaches going into the process.  Apparently it's not all about granite countertops and stainless steel appliances like on House Hunters

KPC, I know you are dieting for a photo shoot, and that you know what you want from life, etc   But speaking as someone whose whole life has been an eating disorder, I hope that you never forget that the most important thing is your health.  Health is beautiful; it really is, like shiny hair and bright eyes and stuff.   I will now step down off the soapbox.  

Barphe, I wish I could recommend some audio books, but I am temporarily distracted by the thought of the person in the car next to me listening to romance porn with the volume a little too high.  If Claude Rains had made audio books, I would buy them just to listen to his voice, but that's no help.

Edited by harrie
  • Love 4

@Barphe if you're a Veronica Mars fan I cannot recommend the book that takes place 3 months after the move more highly, Kristen Bell does the audio book and it is amazing, she does voices! So much fun, not a lot of violence, basically it's like an episode of the show (there is some adult language though) It's called "The Thousand Dollar Tan Line" and it's great. A new one is coming out in November. 

• Love 3

Barphe, I have to recommend "Ocean at the End of the Lane," read by the author, Neil Gaiman. It has some light creep factor, but, dude, you watched Buffy. If you want access to my Audible account from your phone, please email me.

AnnieF, I hate the idea of having to walk away from a great house; sometimes the added projects are still worth it. I hope it works out, but I'm sure y'all will make another place work if need be.

KPC, at what point will your brain stop attracting you to dudes who are emotionally unavailable? They're safe, sure, since you're not at risk of them falling for you, because emotionally unavailable. But in allowing yourself to consider them, you're ensuring your own pain, sometimes over years of pining. Maybe you can't see the cycle you're in. I sure didn't when I was in a cycle of my own making. I was attracted to men who appreciated and respected my independence, but that's because they couldn't truly connect, so my independence made me a safe bet; and then I was stuck without being truly connected. The bed I made felt comfy for a while, but then, not so much. You seem stuck in the Not So Much Zone, and I love you and hate to see you there. Nobody should be stuck there, and we can't send mercenaries for hire in there to come get you, you have to walk out on your own.

• Love 9

Bol, I LOVE Neil Gaiman, and I actually haven't read that book in hard copy yet (though it is on my short list). I will prob. email you regarding audible, if only to ask about how it works and whether or not it is worth it for me to sign up..... 

Barphe, I have to recommend "Ocean at the End of the Lane," read by the author, Neil Gaiman. It has some light creep factor, but, dude, you watched Buffy.

Also: NEVERWHERE. I just finished the audiobook and it was awesome. My co-worker tells me that he also does the reading for the audio version of Stardust.

If you don't end up doing Audible, you can also borrow CD books from the library and load 'em into iTunes,

• Love 2

Barphe, Elizabeth Peters writes fun mysteries (Amelia Peabody), about a woman archeologist and her husband in the early 20th century.  It can be quite entertaining ("every season, another shirt ruined!" is a running joke).  It's light reading, no porn.  Also, Laurie Notaro can be hilarious.

I know I make bad decisions Bol.  It's frustrating (and also why I'm not pursuing said crush on unavailable guy).  I'm a work in progress, I guess.  Step by step.  I'm not actively dating BECAUSE I'm working on myself.  And as for the food thing, trust me, on June 10th there will be pizza.  And cookies (but not a cookie on a pizza).  And my body seems to be set on 121 pounds, so reduced calories it may be all for nought anyway.  Thank you for your compassion Harrie, and vibes to you for your awesome self love to get a handle on any food issues you may have had.

Annief, if you buy that house and don't get a drill to open that safe, I may never forgive you (or else I'll fly out to Reno and break into your garage to open it myself).  It could be confederate gold- or the ashes of Al Capone.  Or maybe just dust.  Whatever it is, you HAVE to open it.  Curiosity and cats, you know.

People rummaging around drawers (yes, yes I'm 12) is unacceptable.  ESPECIALLY if it's candy.  Go down to the local store and buy your own damn candy bar- don't go into someone's workspace.

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Two more days until a long weekend!

• Love 5

@AnnieF - It's a hard decision, but you'll know what to do. If you need to walk away, do it. It's good that you're checking out other houses. Whether you end up going through with this purchase or looking and finding another, it will be for the best. It's tough to see that when you're in the middle of it though.

@Barphe, I haven't listened to any audiobooks, but I read a series years ago called Brother Cadfael. it's a mystery series about a monk that, well, solves mysteries. PBS also had some of the stories on Mystery! with Derek Jacobi as Cadfael.

I worked really late the past two nights. I still have a ton to do, but decided I'm not working late again tonight.

If you could all throw the trivia contest tomorrow, I'd really appreciate it! Think of it as a small act of kindness.

• Love 2

Barphe, I kind of assume everyone has read Harry Potter, but even if you have, the audiobooks are fantastic. The reader, Jim Dale, is the best I've ever heard. He also did the narration for Pushing Daisies if you watched that. Not sure they're on Audible, though. Another one I loved is The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett, again, almost as much for the reader as for the book. It kept Mr. Voice and me laughing through an entire road trip.

And I am not here to defend circus peanuts on sweet potatoes, but to strongly condemn marshmallows on same. Vegetables and marshmallows are not mixy things. When it comes to sweet potato toppings, give me pecans or give me death. (Well, not death. I wouldn't put death on my sweet potatoes even if I knew how. Give me pecans or give me nothing.)

• Love 3
And as for the food thing, trust me, on June 10th there will be pizza.

Mmm... pizza. KPC, if you need to drop a few pounds (at least temporarily), have you tried doing the low carb/no carb thing? You know, loading up on the fruits and vegetables so you don't have to reduce your food intake? Not that I've tried it, but my brother says it worked for him,

Barphe, I know you said you don't usually do nonfiction, but what about the books by comedians? Tina Fey, Mindy Kaling, and Aisha Tyler all have books out and they did the audio too. 

I may or may not have shed some tears over the Warehouse 13 finale.

trudi_tru: I most definitely did. And I just watched it a second time before deleting it off the DVR and I was crying again. These final six episodes weren't the series best but that Finale was sweet.

All this talk of Broadway shows comes at a time when I am considering going to see Newsies while in NY (that's Broadway, right?). My hesitation is in price and also I just don't know what I'm going to be in the mood to do day to day. I don't even know yet if/when to venture out to the US Open or go to a Mets game!

AnnieF: Sorry to read that you might still be house hunting. Hope the search will be over soon.

Gosh, I missed a whole month's worth of posts. How are you guys?

Not much happening in my world. Same ole, same ole. Busy spring. Mother in and out of the hospital. Kids in school. I saw a turkey walking up the street. The usual stuff.

• Love 1
I kind of assume everyone has read Harry Potter, but even if you have, the audiobooks are fantastic. The reader, Jim Dale, is the best I've ever heard.

Wait, isn't Stephen Fry the reader of the Harry Potter books?

Sorry about the house, Annie. If you feel it's not worth all the extra work, then I hope you find something else you like as much. Can't you at least take the urn with you?

These final six episodes weren't the series best

True. The Telenovela episode was a gem though.

Boliver, you would make an excellent therapist.

(edited)

If you could all throw the trivia contest tomorrow, I'd really appreciate it! Think of it as a small act of kindness.

I did so today! No, I just failed at remembering and then at guessing.

@Harvester, sorry for the food poisoning, but I'm glad it didn't ruin your trip. I've had several bouts with that before and it is never not awful.

KPC, good luck with the weight loss for that day, and I echo what's been said about taking care of yourself regardless, not losing health for it.

@AnnieF, sorry for the house troubles. Housing can be so complicated. I trust you'll make the best decision regarding which one is worth the trouble. I also request a midnight expedition to retrieve what's in the safe, should you choose to withdraw your offer. As compensation for it making you work so much.

I piled my bed with clothes and I guess I'll take everything there. Hopefully I won't have too much for a carry-on bag.

So, a while ago I mentioned I had a stray female cat who hadn't been spayed. She still hasn't been spayed, so she got pregnant a second time and gave birth to four live kittens in early April. Just gave one away today; I hope he will be safe and happy for a long time. I've requested that the others not be given away until I'm here to meet the new owners, particularly for the female I bonded with. It's her fault: she explores everything, so she climbed up my bed several times and likes playing and sleeping on me. It's annoying, because while my worries extend to all the cats, I was doing a pretty good job of not attaching myself to any one of them until she took it upon herself to change that. If she has to be given away, I need to meet the owner and said owner needs to accept and enjoy her as an active, playful cat, and make sure she doesn't get into trouble without trying to change her behavior altogether. One of my grandmother's friends wants a kitten. I've met her, but I'm not sure she could handle this particular cat's needs--I have trouble fulfilling those of her half-brother we kept from the first litter, and they're very similar in temperament. I sort of want her to be taken with one of her remaining two siblings to guarantee a friendly playmate for them both.   

ETA: Holy what, there was a thunderstorm in Chicago last night. My flight is to Chicago and I go to Wisconsin by car from there. I really hope the skies are clear tomorrow.

Edited by Bleu
  • Love 2