Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Library

• Start Topic

"Flanj." A poetic person could try rhyming it with "orange" ("Eat the segments of the delicious orange/and discard the rest, avoiding the flange") (I never said I was poetic. :P)

• Love 2

Sink flange baffle. Sink flange baffle. Slink fange blaffel. Sink falge biffle. Fun!

I've been doing "red leather yellow leather" as a pre-speech warm up. I realize that has nothing to do with the above.

• Love 4
(edited)

Or if the marketing campaigns were also too wordy, it could be a waffling baffling sink flange baffle battle.

(Please don't let this kill the thread)

Edited by Erratic
  • Love 3

Just popping back in, flange baffle-less to ask for some continued vibes re the kid situation. They are still figuring out who to match the kids too, and sadly for Kory, I am still quite excited by this prospect. We just need 'grounded decision making' vibes.

Cheers, you lovely people.

• Love 3
(edited)

Kid figuring out/grounded decision making vibes to Erratic and Kory.  Hopefully it will work out soon.

Eta... it's Kory, not Cory.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

Erratic, this situation is a little different than yours, but your question made me think of Andy's step-cousins. They fostered/adopted a little boy, I think around 4 or 5. Not too long after they had settled in with him, his little brother entered foster care, so they took him in too. Not too long after that, the mom's drug addict sister had a baby girl she put up for adoption and Andy's cousins decided to adopt her as well. A number of years later, all the kids are doing great. I've always admired so much their decisions and their willingness to make a home for those kids.

Vibes and best wishes for your decision!

• Love 2

Erratic, I have a really good friend who entered a program to foster to adopt, when they imagined what they would get they saw themselves with one girl, what they ended up with were 2 boys, one of whom had been so badly abused he was thought to be unplaceable. Just a couple of years later, the boys have been adopted and my friend couldn't be happier, he is such a dad now. I honestly don't know how they did it but they did and if you decide this is what you want I know you can too. 

In other news my daughter needs $6000 in costly dental repair, What do you think, will her father chip in?  yeah right! 

Vibes to all and sundry, I have been reading along just haven't been able to post much. Love you guys.

• Love 4

In other news my daughter needs $6000 in costly dental repair, What do you think, will her father chip in?

Well you could always sell all the expensive gifts he gave her over the years. Oh wait.

Will the insurance cover some of it?

• Love 4

Vibes heading your way, dusky and Endeavour.

Is there a dental college near you, dusky? I know two people who have gotten some pretty major work done for a discounted price because it was done by dental students (under supervision). Just throwing it out there. :)

• Love 2

Kid vibes for E&K. Dental vibes for D-daughter. And a smattering of all purpose vibes for anyone in need.

Ditto, w/ specific closing vibes for Endeavor

My internet is wonky. I'm surprised I was even able to get here. I expect many hours w/ tech support is in my future.

• Love 2

Firstly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Loandbehold!!!!!  I hope the coming year is less stressful and more happy.

Dusky vibes for you and your daughter.  Tooth problems suck.  Trudi, dental insurance in this country is a joke.  They barely cover anything- most people I know don't have it because it's cheaper to pay the dentist.

Vibes to erratic and endevor for the decision making and the house closing.

I'm kind of sad that the Sink flange baffle has been installed.   I will  miss sink flange baffle.  I don't suppose you can have another sink flange baffle issue AnnieF?    It's fun to write sink flange baffle.

• Love 2

In first world problem news, my voice activated TV remote is not working and I am annoyed.

I got my daughter to agree to watch Veronica Mars and 5 minutes in she got a phone call and bailed on me, she did say it was a really good five minutes. 

Yesterday it was 90 degrees today it is 60, WTF.

I have dental insurance and KPC is right it is a joke, that 6 grand is after insurance. I am able to do a payment plan thing without interest for 18 months, so I just need to find $300 a month in my budget, that shouldn't be hard, I am rolling in extra cash, right?

Happy birithdaay LnB.

Vibes and whatnot to everyone.

• Love 1

Kudos to any movie critic who didn't go for the easy pun when reviewing Paul Thomas Anderson's latest.

That said: Inherent Vice? More like Incoherent Vice!

Good performances, though. And I haven't read Pynchon' s book.

Happy late birthday LnB! I hope you did something fun to celebrate and the tech issues are resolved.

Thanks for all the vibes. You guys are the best and they worked! Things are moving again and hopefully will continue to do so.

More vibes heading your way Erratic.

I agree on the weather, dusky. I had the pleasure of spending a few hours under a large tent for the nibling's graduation ceremony. It was extremely hot and humid. Would have preferred today's weather to that I think.

• Love 2

Heh. Incoherent Vice. Paul Thomas Anderson has never been for me.

Full disclosure: I have never seen any of Veronica Mars. Just missed the train when it began and now it's forever on that list of shows I'll watch "someday."

Still silently vibing from lurkerdom. Just feeling blue lately for no real reason.

• Love 1

Hi all.

So, not sharing this on FB just yet, but I am sitting in my living room cuddling an extremely cute 6 day old baby boy.

Thanks for the vibes. You may continue them :)

• Love 10
(edited)

Bring me mead!

The first night sucks as much as everyone tells you it will. Every noise he makes, and every noise he doesn't make keeps you awake. Plus the 7 (!) feeding and two nasty poopy diapers. Y'all! Formula makes some really shitty shit.

Edited by Erratic
  • Love 3

Tiny baby! Whee!

The diapers and the number of nighttime feedings get better in the first couple of weeks, once the kid adjusts to being, y'know, *out*. Being born is hard work. :)

• Love 3

Formula makes some really shitty shit.

Truer words have never been typed. I'm so excited for you and Kory. And you get to have The Newborn Experience, yay! Say goodbye to sleep for a while, hee hee. :-)

• Love 2

I can't even blame the dusty room or my allergies.  I was truly, tearfully. overjoyed for you all, both last night and now.

Sending you a lot of virtual mead, and also tea (I hear you might need the extra caffeine for awhile), for you and Kory.  And formula that is both good for the baby AND non-smelly for you.

This is so. very. cool

• Love 2

Erratic - That’s so awesome  for you guys!   I wasn’t expecting a newborn, so  that’s amazing. Welcome to parenthood I know you guys will be amazing, and he’s a lucky little boy.  Do we have a name yet for ErraticBaby

Every noise he makes, and every noise he doesn't make keeps you awake. 

I feel the need for a parody song set to the Police song…."everything breathe you take, every poop you make…"  I’m at work, so someone else can continue!

• Love 3

I feel the need for a parody song set to the Police song…."everything breathe you take, every poop you make…" I’m at work, so someone else can continue!

Every time you awake

Every formula I make

I'll be watching you...

• Love 5