Type keyword(s) to search

So What Are You Listening To?

aradia22
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, Jaded said:

I copied this part from this song's wiki concerning what it's about.

It depicts the worry of a lover whose partner is sexually promiscuous during the period when AIDS was newly discovered and rampant in the West.
--

Wow, I'd never heard that song before. I liked it. Those lyrics are haunting and a perfect way to address that issue. 

Loved the video, too, with the whole black and white jazzy vibe and the dancers. 

• Like 1

Second Powerwolf album "Lupus Dei" (2007). If I remember what little Latin I studied back in university, I'm guessing the English title would be The Wolf God or something akin to it. Um, a lot of religious undertones. Album wise, probably on par with their debut one, but enjoyment wise really not on par.

Also, with their overly repeating lyrics and riffs reminds me of Iron Maiden with this album. Eh...

Edited by Rushmoras

Third Powerwolf album "Bible of the Beast" (2009). Just like the second one, filled to the brim with religious undertones. For some, it would be borderline blasphemous, if you care about such a thing. Anyways, probably their best work so far. On enjoyment level, on par with the first album.

• Like 1

Fifth Powerwolf album "Preachers of the Nigh (Deluxe Edition)" (2013). It seems they somewhat cut back on the religious imageries in their songs, and this time decided to go Sabaton's route and sing about wars and whatnot (still, with religious undertones).