Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

I already have to jettison unwatched stuff from my DVR whenever there's another marathon I need to get lost in.

Is there a support group for those whose DVR is rarely less than 80% full? Maybe I just need an intervention.

• Love 2

Be careful with those promises, my friend - because there's a dust-covered VCR/DVD machine and a brand new printer-in-a-box that have been sitting around smugly mocking me for years. One of those little music thingys with earbuds, too (is that an IPod?)! Ghosts of Christmases past ... You would be HORRIFIED upon entering my Grey Gardens WestWorld / Casa de Deplorable! :-)

The mere thought makes me giddy!

Is there a support group for those whose DVR is rarely less than 80% full? Maybe I just need an intervention.

That's one good thing about using the online services and my computer as a media server...lots more space!

• Love 2

Road trip! I can't drive my feets don't reach the pedals.

If there were any evidence of cilantro I have hunted it down and burned it.

Actually my roommate from college would eat no condiments or tomatoes. Scraped sauce off pizza. Salad was lettuce and carrots and cheese. No ketchup ever. We were drinking one night errbody got the munchies so we made french fries and he ate them WITH KETCHUP! =Ø he denies it to this day! There is no evidence but there were at Least 5 of us who witnessed.

• Love 1

I find iZombie so-so. Kind of Psych-ish (but I loved Psych, so not as good). I mostly watch for David Anders of Alias fame.

I like iZombie. It reminds me of Tru Calling. Not as good as Z Nation, though.

I like iZombie. It reminds me of Tru Calling. Not as good as Z Nation, though.

That messes with my head becaus I liked tru calling and znation is meh. Oh snap I have no cw Channel. Seriously the cw has had a blue screen and Muzak for months and months saying "no need to call for service. We are working on the problem" I did call and apparently they can't do anything for me. Won't hook me up to east or west coast feed because technically I have a channel. Makes no sense.

• Love 2

It needs a little work until its gets to the heights of those shows, but I can see it getting there. I enjoy the hell out of izombie so far. 

I just love that we are at a point in our culture where "young woman becomes a zombie, solves crimes by eating brains" is a legit show on the CW. We live in very interesting times. 

• Love 4

I will look. But still! What can function as a business "out of order, please wait a bazillion years?"

Only thing I could say I watch was supernatural and just been waiting on it to die. Only time I remember my cw took a dump is when the dvr thinks it's recorded a supernatural And I go look.

• Love 1
(edited)

That messes with my head becaus I liked tru calling and znation is meh. Oh snap I have no cw Channel. Seriously the cw has had a blue screen and Muzak for months and months saying "no need to call for service. We are working on the problem" I did call and apparently they can't do anything for me. Won't hook me up to east or west coast feed because technically I have a channel. Makes no sense.

I will look. But still! What can function as a business "out of order, please wait a bazillion years?"

Only thing I could say I watch was supernatural and just been waiting on it to die. Only time I remember my cw took a dump is when the dvr thinks it's recorded a supernatural And I go look.

When you can't get a response, go over their head.

The CW is a jointly owned network (CBS and Warner Bros )

I know they don't run your service provider. But they own CW, and CW currently has an eight figure loss. Yet their programming honcho is excited about the fall season and says he isn't worried about the network running in the red. (*snorts*)

Tell how much you would love to be a viewer. But you can't. And why.

Mention that you post about this problem on forums with heavy traffic, and add if you are on facebook or other social media and if you post on blogs or zombie fansites or whatever, and how many people you tell to not bother with their shows, even if their service provider still provides them.

Because you think this is a sign that the whole thing is going to fold up

Say how sad your are that they are not going to be able to keep shows available if the local providers can't even get them or no longer want to.

It doesn't matter if this is not the case; they should read what viewers think is what is happening.

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/help/customer_service.jsp

http://www.cbs.com/feedback/

You didn't say---and do not have to---who your service provider is. Look that up, then look up their parent company corporate website and get online feedback contact or better yet a phone #.

That's what I did when I got bad service from my provider I called the corporate home office number of the parent-owner and left a message on the voicemail. I got a call back very fast and got my service fixed and every so often they call and ask if things are working alright.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1
(edited)

Directv which now is owned by att. Supposedly uverse but not Quite. They ain't all organized in my area yet.

To suggest they get organized, call these :

http://corporateofficehq.com/directv-corporate-office/

http://www.corporateofficeheadquarters.com/2011/02/at-corporate-office-headquarters.html

These are not the customer service droids, These are the numbers and addresses of the corporate offices.

If you want to also leave some extra "love notes *cough cough*  here are other ringey-dingeys:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4960016

http://gethuman.com/phone-number/DirecTV/corporate-offices--21409/

http://gethuman.com/phone-number/AT-T/corporate-offices--6667/

I hope this is helpful.

Edited by kikismom

I wouldn't even notice if my UVerse "lost" the CW channel forever; I don't watch any of their shows.   ;-)

• Love 1

I do call and harang them regularly. They did some revamp on the dvr boxes and now when you have 3-4 episodes of a show stockpiled (which I always do) it gives you 5 seconds FIVE to stop the next episode from queing up. I have bitched endlessly about this, because at best I'm half awake so I wake up 3 episodes in to some unintentional marathon then I don't know what I've watched and what I've slept through. It's a nice feature to have, but give me the option of turning it off. There are 2 things at most that I watch live, Walking Dead and the season premiere of Game of Thrones, after that no free HBO preview so it'll be hiding from spoilers until I can scramble a viewing. You know which shows you truly like by how many you don't let stack up on the dvr. I catch up when I can catch up. 

You know what else I used to like? Homefront. It was a WWII show about the boys coming home from the war and these 2 families. The rich family and the working class family and Kyle Chandler was in it and he was a baseball player, woulda gone pro if the war hadn't interrupted his career. One guy was engaged to his sister and came home with a war bride. I don't know why I liked it but I did. 

• Love 1

They did some revamp on the dvr boxes and now when you have 3-4 episodes of a show stockpiled (which I always do) it gives you 5 seconds FIVE to stop the next episode from queing up. I have bitched endlessly about this, because at best I'm half awake so I wake up 3 episodes in to some unintentional marathon then I don't know what I've watched and what I've slept through. It's a nice feature to have, but give me the option of turning it off.

I've heard there's an IFTTT recipe that can stop a Netflix binge when your Fitbit activity tracker goes into sleep mode.

• Love 1

I've heard there's an IFTTT recipe that can stop a Netflix binge when your Fitbit activity tracker goes into sleep mode.

All them words up there mean absolutely nothing to me. DO YOU SPEAK ANY ENGLISH? I talked louder to help you translate from foreigny. :D 

and YES! somebody got my robocop, I used to say that all the time too. I watched the new robocop looking for throwbacks to stuff and nope. I liked watching old robocop and saying "oh look, dumbass finally drove Red so crazy he became a cuckoo criminal". 

• Love 4

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh, except I am amishfitbit. As in "fit" in general is against my religion. Fitbit is one of them new fangledy things them kids on my lawn gots. And I'm poor so I don't even turn on my lights. In my day we clapped our hands to turn off the lights and tv. CLAP ON! CLAP OFF! the clapper :D

And my grandma, she had a donkey and the donkey turned a wheel to burn the candle. and when the donkey was tired my grandma was the donkey. 

• Love 2

Oh, Kyle Chandler. I love me some Coach Taylor. I will check out Homefront.

I also love my fitbit, but I have an old school one (I've been wearing one for about 4 years), and I don't track my sleep with it! :)

Your TV, lights, and other compatible devices turn themselves off when your fancy wristwatch senses you've fallen asleep.

So that you wake up terrified that someone came in the house?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh, except I am amishfitbit. As in "fit" in general is against my religion. Fitbit is one of them new fangledy things them kids on my lawn gots. And I'm poor so I don't even turn on my lights. In my day we clapped our hands to turn off the lights and tv. CLAP ON! CLAP OFF! the clapper :D

And my grandma, she had a donkey and the donkey turned a wheel to burn the candle. and when the donkey was tired my grandma was the donkey. 

In my day, when we wanted to paint the walls of our place in France, we had Og dip his hair in the tar pit  and Unungh would put a coal from the fire on top.

Good times.

QuoteI

All them words up there mean absolutely nothing to me. DO YOU SPEAK ANY ENGLISH? I talked louder to help you translate from foreigny. :D

Glad I'm not the only dinosaur around. Up until Tuesday I was recording shows on a (get this!) VCR that clanked and rumbled like a steam engine. My phone/internet provider must have checked my records and were horrified at how far in the past I am technologically. I mean, I can't even figure out the multiple quote function on this forum, FFS.

Phone co. called me and absolutely insisted on upgrading my equipment and giving me a bunch of tv channels for free. I grudgingly agreed after they assured me it was free. I've had no cable/satellite for two years, just a roof antenna and have been perfectly happy with that.

BUT, this new tv thingy has PVR, which I'd only heard of and was a total mystery to me. It's pretty cool.

Wow, that is one boring ass story.

• Love 5

I could tell an story about a fitbit-like device but it doesn't paint me in a favorable light so I close my eyes and pretend such things never existed. Because I know you all think I'm so awesome because I only tell heroic, heartwarming, loveable, charming, blah blah puke stories. 

• Love 2
(edited)

You know what else I used to like? Homefront. It was a WWII show about the boys coming home from the war and these 2 families. The rich family and the working class family and Kyle Chandler was in it and he was a baseball player, woulda gone pro if the war hadn't interrupted his career. One guy was engaged to his sister and came home with a war bride. I don't know why I liked it but I did. 

Homefront (1991–1993) was the first time I noticed John Slattery—who later played the politician on Sex & the City who wanted Carrie Bradshaw to pee on him, and now he's Roger Sterling on Mad Men.

Edited by editorgrrl

Yes! Roger was in it, I had forgotten that. I liked Kyle Chandler's eventual love interest and the sister was Jessica Steen who was also on Earth2, oh I liked Earth2 too! Hee! :D Ken Jenkins who was eventually the goofy older Doctor on Scrubs. 

In my day we clapped our hands to turn off the lights and tv. CLAP ON! CLAP OFF! the clapper :D

I hear they have medicine for that nowadays.

I noticed John Slattery—who later played the politician on Sex & the City who wanted Carrie Bradshaw to pee on him, and now he's Roger Sterling on Mad Men.

I hear they have medicine for that nowadays.

• Love 3
(edited)

I noticed John Slattery—who later played the politician on Sex & the City who wanted Carrie Bradshaw to pee on him, and now he's Roger Sterling on Mad Men.

What bugged me most about the peeing thing wasn't even that disgusting request. It was Carrie (who I came to depise by the end of Sex and the City) a sophisticated women nearing 40 who was so desperate for a man she couldn't scrape up the maturity, backbone and  sense to just tell this kinkoid that golden showers are something she would never do. Instead she huddles there, making stupid faces and refusing to drink water, because well, you never say NO to a man. Ack! Hated her.

Edited because: What happened to my ability to spell?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3

I never got on board with the peeing either. I also never got that someone had to go fish out anybody's diaphragm or the merkin cuz whatserface dyed her pubes. She couldn't say no to the russian either and I never got his appeal ever. 

• Love 3

I never got on board with the peeing either. I also never got that someone had to go fish out anybody's diaphragm or the merkin cuz whatserface dyed her pubes.

The time she accidentally dyed them orange??  "My god, I'm Bozo the Bush."

(this plays well with the clown theme we were talking about on the episode thread.)

• Love 2

Heck, I thought yall were still gong on about Sex In the City.

In which case, this was a very inappropriate picture, in terms of context.  ;>

P.S.: I don't think I've ever seen an entire episode of SitC, so I have little-to-no frame of reference whatsoever.

• Love 1

I love me some sweet tea. I'm making a big old boston butt. Seemed feasty for game of thrones plus had to get the damn thing outta my freezer and fridge.

Are there still soap operas on TV? All the ones my mom And grandma watched are gone. I even watched Ryan's hope from thd beginning on soapnet a few years ago. I think because we lived in Utah briefly wAy da heck in the middle of nowhere and only got 1 channel my mom only watched abc soaps. Ryan's hope. All my children general hospital. My gramma had to watch her stories.

Escape from LA is on tv right now and there's supposed to be this creepy part where the surgeon general, played by Bruce Campbell, kidnaps Snake Plissken. Anyway, I remember when I watched it originally how grotesque and over the top his "addicted to plastic surgery" cult was supposed to be and now people walk around in LA looking the same, or worse, every day.  Who knew this movie would be turn out to be so ahead of it's time and such a harbinger of doom?

I haven't been around much in the past week or so (work, you know) but I want in on the Jericho watch!  I've never seen it before but I think I can stream it on Netflix, right?

• Love 4