Type keyword(s) to search

S01 E04: Friendly Fire

LaQuisha and Ana are caught in the middle of a power struggle between Kate and Jhemini.  Kate's husband is upset when she seeks comfort with an old friend.  (Heh)  The club helps a new member reconnect with her brother in prison.

Jesus, 5 minutes in and I can't even take Jhemini. YOUR HUSBAND IS IN PRISON!! What is with her discrimination against other people who are related to people in prison? She says you can't choose who you fall in love with. Well, you also can't choose who your family is so I don't know why she was against helping Drea. She's "so private" and her family doesn't know she's married...I am baffled that she's on this show. Does she know that Lifetime is NATIONAL tv?

• Love 4

I was repulsed by Ana's discussion of seeing her husband's junk and showing her own in a visiting booth.  I'm sure her flabby boobies were super impressive to her husband.  Also, as soon as I saw where Ana was working, I looked it up on Yelp so I could go stalk her but it was shut down.

I saw that Jhemini's little party was on Capital Hill in Seattle.  That's a long way for all those ladies to be driving home after a night of drinking.

• Love 1

I was repulsed by Ana's discussion of seeing her husband's junk and showing her own in a visiting booth.

So someone more familiar with the prison system explain this to me...you do everything by the rules and you just get to sit at a table and get a hug in front of everyone. But if you conveniently "forget" your ID, you get a non-contact visit behind glass, but no one is watching you so you can show off the full monty? Something seems off here...

• Love 3

I do a lot of jail visits behind glass and I guess I could see some junk if I was so inclined.  I think it's not a priority because you can't hand each other anything or actually touch.  Essentially a little boob won't hurt anyone.  But when I use a booth in the jail, I use the one set aside for lawyer visits to avoid any bodily secretions that a visitor could leave behind.

• Love 2

I do a lot of jail visits behind glass and I guess I could see some junk if I was so inclined.  I think it's not a priority because you can't hand each other anything or actually touch.  Essentially a little boob won't hurt anyone.  But when I use a booth in the jail, I use the one set aside for lawyer visits to avoid any bodily secretions that a visitor could leave behind.

But you can never really know for sure---ick.

• Love 1

Thanks Trampolina. Yeah, I was squicked out by Ana saying he took a piece of paper and measured his girth. Ew.

That was pretty gross and TMI to share on tv.

If her husband does get out, I'm wondering how happy and giddy and in love Ana will be.  He's been incarcerated for nearly as long as she's been alive - - he's institutionalized and he's not going to get out and just adapt to the outside world.  Not to mention, if he's uber-controlling in prison that is not likely to change when he's released.  If he sticks around, I don't see him letting Ana hang out with the two male friends she's been shown with. 

• Love 4

Ana's giddy reaction to seeing her husband's chest and "junk" reminds me of being a teenager getting a peck on the check or getting to hold a boy's hand for the first time, then calling my friends and telling them all about it. It is cute to be so excited when you are 14. It is sad to be excited to see a man's chest and "junk", you cannot even touch, when you are Ana's age. Her reaction was just so odd to me. I can't even explain it. Then again, I cannot get excited by the idea of anything on a man who is currently in prison. I kind of wonder if Ana has ever actually had a real boyfriend, not just a guy who takes her out on a date because he knows she will put out. She makes it sound like her relationship with her husband is the first she has ever had because it's so high school. 

Jhemni's level of delusion continues to amuse. I totally see her planning her escape prior to her wonderful husband's parole. Why do I get the feeling that Kate is getting some on the side? 

Edited by socalrules
  • Love 3

Not to mention, if he's uber-controlling in prison that is not likely to change when he's released.  If he sticks around, I don't see him letting Ana hang out with the two male friends she's been shown with.

I think you're right. I am almost 100% positive Ana's guy friends are gay and I hate to say it, but a lot of inmates aren't down with gay guys. At least on the inside. That's why many times you see the openly out & proud guys in a separate section. I dunno how Ana's husband would handle moving in with her and 2 gay guys....unless at that point Ana would get her own place? I dunno. If she's living with friends to save money it doesn't seem that she can really afford a house of her own right now. And as cute as she thinks him being controlling is from the inside, I can guarantee it won't be cute once he's doing it in person and causing huge fights.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 3