Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Kitchen Safe, Off the Cob, Magic Cook, Earth-Log

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Unsurprisingly, my order of chips has been delayed:

Hey Lordonia

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are very thankful for all of your support and for your orders following Shark Tank. We are blown away with all the interest in our small chip brand!

We have received so many orders that your order will ship out a little late. We sincerely apologize! Monday morning we have a fresh run of chips being made, and Tuesday morning over 1,600 individual orders will be shipped via USPS.

Throughout the day, we will be live tweeting/facebooking from the factory, tune in for a behind the scenes look into the making of your Sweet Corn Tortilla Chips!

Thank you again for all of your support.

From our family to yours, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

~Off The Cob Chips

• Love 1

Where is Kitchen Safe being sold? I was thinking Bed Bath and Beyond. Im going to buy one if I see it somewhere. I live out in BFE and it would be nice to have one because we can't just run to even just a C-store. I get on kicks of specific candies and it would work wonders for me to be able to lock in a bag of Brach's candy corn. ;)

Edited by raiderred1

I like the kitchen safe idea for the TV and game remotes, but then again I just say "No" and my kids listen to me so I guess I don't need the thing. Still and all I was quite conflicted by Kevin this week. On one hand I felt he was beating up on the little weird kid too much, but on the other hand crying makes me want to lock that kid in his own invention. The OVER-THE-TOP moment was when the camera panned over and his partner was CRYING TOO! What the hell was that!? I get that the AD/HD kid has issues and he's found his passion. I am TRULY happy for him, but what the hell is the other guy crying about!? Some people's kids I guess. (Hey I made it through that whole thing without saying GoPro. Doh!) 

• Love 1

So waiting X number of hours to eat junk food is now eating healthier? 

I would say eating fewer cookies per day is healthier.  Making the time between cookies longer can cause that.

My Off the Cob order finally arrived, and while I'm not any sort of tortilla chip aficionado, they do taste better to me than grocery store brands or restaurant bowls. They have a pleasant undertone of sweetness and almost seem like they're flavored, but it's just salt. They're thick and substantial. I ate them plain but they would stand up well to salsa or other dips. So, thumbs up!

• Love 4

Food safe? I dunno. Piece of junk or not, if I'm craving some ice cream and it's on lockdown, I can always go to the danged store and buy more. Not to mention my kitchen and pantry are replete with other food. Not sure where making a grilled cheese sandwich lands in the trade-off between eating that vs a bowl of almond mocha fudge. I don't see it as much of a diet aid, or health aid, or anything else, really.

That is sort of what I was thinking. I mean we aren't crazy about junk food, but we usually have some chips, some cookies and some ice cream in our house. If the chips were locked up and someone wanted an unhealthy snack they could always good for the cookies. Plus that container looked like it might only hold one container of ice cream or one smaller bag of chips. Someone would need like 4 or 5 of them to lock up all the junk food in their house. A better idea would be to make some of those baby type cupboard/fridge latches, and put those on an electronic timer, so you can lock up a whole cupboard at once. 

Also I am not a farmer so maybe I don't understand, but if you are a corn farmer and the demand for corn is so low that you end up throwing a bunch of it away, why not plant something else? Or just grow less corn so you make more of a profit so that no work is spent harvesting and then throwing away something you can't sell.

• Love 1