Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Hot Salsa

We knew these useful morons weren't really using any logic, but is anyone a bit surprised they weren't even keeping track of the weekly match-ups? When Briana told them they had to remember the 5th match-up, I was taken aback that no one was writing anything down!

I was proud of Briana, as it showed she actually IS paying attention. I suspect MTv is editing towards their target audience by showing the partying/drama etc. but that in fact there are people keeping track and working to figure out the matches. Also,they want to get a certain number of episodes aired so maybe they are told to not get them all right too early.

Actually even Brandon, who acts as if his head isn't in the game at all, knew EXACTLY which two girls could be his perfect match. So they know more than they are letting on. Apparently MTv doesn't think logic makes for good TV!

.  I do like John & Jenni together, though.

They look so darn cute. I agree it did seem like they were making very logical moves this time  around. But there is one thing Brandon said in the beginning of the episode that bothered me. Something along the lines of listen to me since I have a degree. Seriously? As someone who just recently graduated from university, just because you are working toward a degree does not mean you are smart. I am have the great pleasure of dealing with a bunch of dumb asses in my program and let me tell you more people then less are barely passing. 

But there is one thing Brandon said in the beginning of the episode that bothered me. Something along the lines of listen to me since I have a degree. 

That was so hilarious. Briana's, "Call me when you have two degrees," was awesome. I hope Briana/Brandon are a match and then they get a spin-off of them trying to figure out how the hell they're perfect for each other. Comedy gold!

I love that Ashley and Ellie both don't seem to give a flying fuck about Layton. That's what he deserves, ladies!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Brandon was the one I found most attractive when the season began... now he's second to dead last (Layton, obviously).  "I'm the only one here with a degree!" You're also the only one there who has been pouting for 7 straight weeks and is refusing to play the game, not to mention is getting a little psycho at this point (Ryan Devlin basically told him to back off last night, which is the first time I've seen him intervene so explicitly).  It seems like everyone in the house (besides Christina) hates Brandon, which probably says a lot about how pleasant it is to be around him... my guess is that his match is Tyler, because she's also apparently a bit insufferable, although I fully support peachmangosteen's Brandon/Bri reality show proposal! Ha!  

ANYWAYS - I'm finding Alex P. super hot these days, and myself super gross for becoming so invested in this shitshow.  I actually took a screen shot of a homemade chart someone else posted on Twitter and have been using it to try to figure out if any matches are evident yet.  It's looking pretty good for Dario and Ashley!  Which is cool, because that sweet girl should stay away from Layton (who I really think is matched with Ellie, which sucks for her, but isn't the worst because I don't think she will give that monster any attention beyond the game.)

• Love 2

ANYWAYS - I'm finding Alex P. super hot these days, and myself super gross for becoming so invested in this shitshow.  

Alex is fine as fuck IMO. Also, yea, I do feel some deep shame for how invested I am in this.

Can you link to that chart? I thought I saw one somewhere but haven't been able to find it.

• Love 1

I will start off my saying I'm too old to be watching this awful show, but I do anyway. Thank goodness for the FF button. I cannot believe they just now started to use logic when it's almost over. They were even given a huge advantage when they found out none were a match. I get wanting to find love but let's face it. They are there for the $, tv time & sex. Why not during the challenges let the teams who they think are matches win the challenges so they can go to the Truth Booth? Why play your hardest to win a date with someone you know isn't your match or that you like? 

Off topic, if I ever saw my kids behave like that on tv I would be so embarrassed. My parents would have killed me going into the boom boom room on tv.

• Love 2

I'm convinced that the producers dropped a very heavy hint about using process of elimination on previous match ups.  Clearly these people weren't going to figure it out by themselves. 

My money's on Tyler and Brandon being a match as well.  Not only do we know that Brandon's match has to be either Briana or Tyler but using process of elimination on the second match up ceremony, we know that either Alex and Anthony or Tyler and Brandon are a perfect match.  While it's possible that Alex and Anthony are a perfect match, we haven't seen that pair interact much at all.

Personally, I would love if the logic puzzle took a larger role in the show.  I guess one can dream for at least a season full of hot mathematicians, scientists and engineers... 

• Love 1

I'm kinda surprised Layton and Jessica aren't a match, because they both have crazy eyes.  Maybe that's what draws Jessica to Layton... she recognizes a common species.  She freaks me out, how she's always lurking around whenever Layton is talking to anyone, staring like a mad woman.  She is one more reason to stay away from Layton.  They are a package deal of insanity and poor temperment... I wish they'd matched and gotten the hell out of the house. 

• Love 1

Treehugger, there were 6 matches at the end.

Add me to the list of posters here who are embarrassed to admit how deeply invested I've become in this silly show.  And no, I'm definitely not the target deomographic either.

I loved Ellie saying that she wasn't interested in Layton because he'd just want to be her father, but I suspect they're supposed to be a perfect match.  It would seem so based on the number of unattached players remaining, but I really don't see how judgmental, intense Layton could even theoretically be a perfect match for open-minded, fun-loving Ellie.

Do we know that Jessica has found her match?  Because I keep thinking that she and Brandon should be paired up based on the fact that they're both so awful.

Edited by FineWashables

Do we know that Jessica has found her match?  Because I keep thinking that she and Brandon should be paired up based on the fact that they're both so awful.

I don't actually remember this happening yet, but there's a generic promo for this season that shows Brandon/Jessica in The Truth Booth getting the no match screen and since Brandon seems sure his match is either Bri or Tyler, I guess it did in fact already happen in an episode.

• Love 1

I think it was the second or third episode.  The first several truth booths included Brandon, actually.  He and Jessica were never interested in each other, but he went on a date with her, and I don't remember the circumstances exactly, but I'm assuming it was after he could no longer pick Christina.  FWIW, I don't see the mass appeal of Christina, either.  I guess it was just Brandon and John who were into her, but they focused so much on that shit for the first half of the season, and I was always just like... Her?

Thank you, peachmangosteen and missalanny for setting me straight.  I'm not sure why Christina is supposed to be so irresistable either.  She's adorable and she's fun, but there are a lot of other girls in the house who are at least as cute and a few who are a lot of fun too.  (No, not you, Jessica.)  I'd have expected all the guys to gravitate to Paris and Shelby, but apparently Christina and Jenni were the alphas.

I feel so sorry for Shelby.  While I totally appreciate Curtis's point that having connected with Briana in the house he doesn't want to be a ho bag and jump on Shelby, he could at least talk to her.  They're in paradise there, and could some fun together, laugh a little, without crossing over into sexy times.  Every time we see Curtis and Shelby at their honeymoon palace, they both seem to bored and miserable.

• Love 1