Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Death In Heaven

Chip
  • Start Topic

I've been watching some reviews and retrospectives and learned that Matt Smith took some time to decide if he should leave. I wonder if that affected the writing in season 8. I always felt that Moffat wrote like for Eleven in season 8. Or it was simply he couldn't switch gears until later. I wonder if that's why I didn't click with Twelve. I loved all NuWho doctor's before. Or maybe it simply was Clara who made me clench and cringe from her first appearance and that never went away.

On 1/26/2024 at 8:55 PM, supposebly said:

I've been watching some reviews and retrospectives and learned that Matt Smith took some time to decide if he should leave. I wonder if that affected the writing in season 8. I always felt that Moffat wrote like for Eleven in season 8. Or it was simply he couldn't switch gears until later. I wonder if that's why I didn't click with Twelve. I loved all NuWho doctor's before. Or maybe it simply was Clara who made me clench and cringe from her first appearance and that never went away.

I really wanted a fresh start for 12 with a fresh companion. Where his stories great? Not so much, but I liked him and I thought with the whole Clara (who had too much importance on the show)thing went on way too long. I didn't care for her with 11. I enjoyed 12 with Bill and would so much rather have had her come in much sooner. 

• Like 2