Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Brian Shaw

• Start Topic

Weightlifter Brian Shaw, the "World's Strongest Man"; comedian Heather Anne Campbell.

It was a fun episode that gave us six segments! 

Intros: Wayne--The Bachelor, Heather--The Real Housewife, Colin--Canada's Next Top Model, and Ryan--The FBI's Most Wanted.

Games: Weird Newscasters, Song Styles, Film Dub, Scenes From A Hat, Living Scenery, and Doo-W**!  I was also glad that Heather Anne returned! She makes great faces.

I thought the better games were Film Dub, Scenes From A Hat and Doo-W**. I enjoyed Song Styles, but it wasn't as entertaining as others of the season have been, imo.

Film Dub had a clip that worked excellently for what the show has been trying for! More inanity like that, please.

Mr. Shaw  seemed like he's a generally nice guy and  game for these folks' crazy shenanigans.  I'm not sure what else he could've played in. Sound Effects?  Thankfully, there was no Helping Hands, so there's that.

A  fun episode!

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 2

This was a good one. The Newscasters assignments were funny instead of just bizarre. 

The audience seemed to be really enjoying the show as well.

I'm not a big fan of Living Scenery but Shaw was genial about the whole thing, and they got a lot of mileage out of the size differences of the scenery players (e.g., Little Engine That Could jokes).

• Love 1

I've never heard of Brian Shaw. Was he on a reality show?

I enjoyed this ep for the most part. I guess the only game I didn't like was Song Styles. I wasn't crazy about Living Scenery, but I did laugh a couple of times, like when Heather and Brian posed, and Ryan (or Colin) said that there were people stuck in quick sand. 

I always love Colin's bad puns, like here was, "A man totally wrapped in brown paper was arrested for rustling."

All the bits in "Things you can say about your drink but not your partner" were good. I was thinking Heather's joke would have been better if she just said, "I'd like a stiff one." 

BTW, what did Wayne say that was bleeped, after he had given Heather the box of chocolates?

Ok smart alec. But I figured he must have been on a reality series or been prominent in social media or… something. Why would the show have the World's Strongest Man on it? Who brought Shaw to their attention? Is following this competition a big cultural event, like the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest? Am I really out of the loop?

Aisha was getting into it a lot, which was fun to see.  She does has to be careful she doesn't go too far and upstage the cast, though.  Not that she did, but it's a risk everyone takes.  And if a guest or audience member oversteps, we grumble and then forget about it.  Aisha's there every week so she has to be careful.  But playing along with Wayne during News Casters and then also joining for the song?  That was great.

• Love 1