Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Hashtag

• Start Topic

First CM episode of the season I've watched.  Just a few thoughts.

I really wish all shows would stop using coffee as a prop.  It's clearly obvious the cups are empty and the actress playing Savannah did an especially horrific job of "sipping" her coffee.  When she wasn't tipping the supposedly hot and full cup to the side while talking.

The Unsub had no idea the media showed up until JJ had to screech about THE MEDIA IS HERE.  Knowing the kid was doing everything for the publicity, wouldn't that be basic 101 on what NOT to do?  Good job, JJ.

That Bethesda Medical Center/Hospital is clearly kick ass.  Savannah operates on the Unsub who has been shot and lost a lot of blood and comes out of surgery without a hair out of place and her makeup perfect.  Not even a drop of blood on her scrubs.  And the Unsub is "recovering" after surgery with perfectly coifed hair and a rosy complexion.  He is also able to sit up and take a selfie!  Wow!

And in every episode it never fails to annoy me how the FBI talks about every single fact of the case in front of witnesses and potential Unsubs. 

• Love 6

The team talking about case details in front of witnesses used to bother me more, but I just came to accept that its one of the tv tropes.

Yeah. It's easier to prevent this in print, but live action you almost have to have characters raise questions to each other that normally they wouldn't raise at work and discuss details with others that would normally be hidden because otherwise we as an audience wouldn't know what happened.

• Love 3

the three Buffy references I picked up were Tara, Daniel Osborn and Sunnydale High. I didn't pick up the Tara part until someone pointed it out to me after the episode was over though. After Daniel Osborne was the third victim I thought it was coincidental, then the Sunnydale High thing clinched it for me.

I also giggled at Garcia talking about Sam doing a doll impression and raising his arms like a Cyberman for some reason. Doctor Who!!!!

• Love 1

Timing scenes (not screen time, yet):

The winner is... Morgan (obviously, since it was his centric episode) with long... 23' and 16''

Then, JJ, with 13 minutes and 50 seconds.

Next is Kate, with 11 minutes and 10 seconds.

The last one is not Reid, nor Hotch, not even Rossi (although the three of them were close)

The biggest loser here was... the unsub, with just 8 minutes and 2 seconds.

• Love 2

Anytime the unsub has the least amount of screentime, its a win for me. The unsub isn't the main character/series regular. Which of the main team had the least time if you don't count the unsub?

• Love 1

Rossi had 8 minutes and 17 seconds.

Then, in crescendo, Garcia, Hotch and Reid. They had between 9 minutes and 4 seconds to 9 minutes and 43 seconds.

And for all these characters, this include the round table, the airplane chat and the profile delivery. So, out of that, they didn't say much at all. None of them...

Edited by MCatry
  • Love 1

And since tonight I had some extra time, I counted Reid's inputs for this episode:

254 words in 20 lines
Including 6 lines stating the obvious, 5 lines stating theories that will be disproved later, 2 lines quoting researches, 2 dumb questions and then random lines such as “no comment”, “fame” and “I’ll tell Garcia”.

I guess Gubler doesn't even need to study lines anymore.

Although it may be nice to say around 200 and something words and get paid as nicely as they are...

• Love 1

I guess Gubler doesn't even need to study lines anymore.

Although it may be nice to say around 200 and something words and get paid as nicely as they are...

I hope it's nice for them, Count, I can't think the ones who might care about the integrity of their characters would be too happy, except on the way to the bank...

• Love 1

Well, I always though the 'integrity of his character' was already stomped to death since season six, when they got used to leave him at the police stations, sometimes even in other cities. After that, everything went down the hill for Reid, and only rarely he's been seen saying or doing something truly smart...

But someone like Matthew, or at least what I think he seems to be like, stays because he's signed a contract, and because he gets certain things he wants, like directing assignments, and money, yes. I think MGG saw the flaws and the machinations in TPTB at season 6 when his friends were fired for stupid reasons, and he was wallflowered the season before for....whatever reason. I feel he doesn't expect this process to be perfect, to serve him to his desires, etc. In the end, it's just a job, although he seems to try to enjoy every enjoyable moment on and off screen.

• Love 4

I guess that it is, as in any job, a matter of building up a network of connections. You just can't go around fighting with everybody when you don't get what you want.

If he really wants to be a director full time in the future, he probably knows better than upset the bosses. For good or evil, they have the power to help you, or to bury you. Unfortunately. 

• Love 2