Type keyword(s) to search

Naruto: The Manga Thread

Given that Kishimoto wrapped up Naruto, I figured a thread would be appropriate. Truthfully, I've never read the manga, but I've heard good things.

From what I read here, Naruto wound up becoming Hokage, and Sakura and Sasuke had a kid, which . . . for real? I'd be interested to know what fates were tied up before Chapter 700. Did Lady Tsunade survive to see Naruto become Hokage? Was Rock Lee able to get a new haircut? And does Naruto have to watch out for Konahamuru (or however you spell the Third's grandson's name)?

What were you favorite moments of the manga? How did it compare to the anime?

Okay, let's see if I can remember what I can from the last manga chapter. (Too lazy to look it up).

Naruto is the Seventh Hokage. Tsunade is still alive and is shown meeting the former Mizukage, Raikage and Tsuchikage in a ninja-esque coffee klatch, but with booze instead of coffee. Naruto is married to Hinata and they have two kids, a son and a daughter. Son's name is Baruto and I think daughter's is Hinamachi?

Ino is married to Sai and they have a son named Inojin.

Choji is married to Karui from the Cloud village and they have a  daughter.

Shikamaru is married to Temari and they have a son named Shikadai.

Sakura is married to Sasuke and they have a girl naed Sarada. (The English translation I read had her name as Salad. Bad translation obviously)

Rock Lee has the same hair IIRC, and has a son that looks and acts like him.

Kakashi was the Sixth Hokage and has retired apparently. Might Guy is in in a wheelchair but looks the same.

Shino Aburame is a teacher at the Academy.

Tenten runs a weapons shop but business is bad because there has been no wars.

Kurenai and Asuma's child is a girl.

Iruka shows up but no indication of what he is doing now.

Konahamuru is a jounin.

Gaara is still the Kazekage.

That's all I remember lol. I am going to miss the manga. I still read the Bleach one, but intend to start reading the Attack on Titan and Black Lagoon mangas.

Edited by ninjawirehead
  • Love 1

Who knows? They only showed Hinata and her daughter at Neji's gravesite, putting sunflowers on the grave. It was more of this is what happened to the characters after a time skip. But Baruto is just like Naturo was like at the same age.  I hope Hinata got braver, I hated how she was essentially just a girl with a crush on Naruto for most of the manga.

I really liked the similarities and difference between the first and last pages of Naruto.  The first page, the fox is much more malvolent looking and looks more chaotic, constantly fighting everything and it's opposed by a ninja on a frog.  But in the last page, the fox is much more composed, it's become much more peaceful due to Naruto's influence and the ninja stands on top of the fox's head, meaning that the ninja and the fox are working together.  I also really like the style of the two pages.  You can tell in a few hundred years, this if how people will remember Naruto Uzumaki.

II9poiD.jpg

Dunno where else to put this . . . Kishimoto is coming to this year's New York Comic Con. The site says he'll be showing up on Thursday and Saturday. I'm betting too may people will be there for me to contemplate getting an autograph or sketch.

(edited)

Wow pretty much a year to the day! I was rereading some Naruto (which I like to do every so often) and I pathetically tear up at any chapter that contains Minato and Kushina (Naruto's parents). Especially at the end, when

Spoiler

Minato's Edo Tensei body is wearing off and Naruto tells him a bunch of good things to report to his mom. *sobs*naruto-5173245.jpg

Edited by JustaPerson