Type keyword(s) to search

S01 E03: No Babies Behind Bars

Jesus, what is wrong with Jhemini? She considers everyone guilty by association? She's incredulous that Kate offered a girl a ride to the prison (stranger danger!). Then in one breath she says she and Kate are friends, in the next breath she says she doesn't care about her or how she's feeling. Great friend, there.

I do like Kate a little more. She seems grounded, street smart and realistic about her situation. Have they said what she does for a living? She needs to give up on Jhemini though.

LaQuisha be crazy.

• Love 1

I FF through Ana's scenes. Something about her grosses me out. (murderer husband non-withstanding....)

Jhemini's warbled vocal-fry voice is getting hard to handle..

Not sure how much longer I can watch this "club!"

• Love 2

Ugh Jhemini. I fucking *can't* with that girl. She's whiny, she's judgmental, and she's a complete and total bitch. One interview she says she doesn't think she's better than anyone but later she goes on to say she does! Make up your damn mind. Also, the hating on everyone and everything. Just no. I especially found it hilarious she was hating on Kate for offering the other girl whose twin brother was in jail a ride up there and a shoulder to lean on for her first visit.....but Jhemini is all like "oh everyone's guilty by association if they've got someone in jail." in her talking head. Uh, what?! Bitch your husband is in jail! You're no better! If I continue to watch this show I am gonna have to mute her, because I cannot stand her voice. That high pitched whiny, Valley Girl voice grates on my last nerve. I am also getting the vibe that she thinks she's got some kind of status or celebrity visions in her head of herself, with her level of conceitedness. Having been a model years ago, and just getting back into it at 25 does not make you Naomi Campbell, sweetie.

Strip clubs are funny. Kudos to Kate for getting a lapdance...but I have a feeling Jhemini is going to start shit by telling her husband Kate is doing shit that she's not, even if she seems ok with it while talking to Kate outside. A lapdance and a quick kiss at the end is not cheating, whether your man is in prison or at home. Also, if she hates all these girls and doesn't care about being their friend and thinks she's better cos her husband is somehow less of a convict then theirs why doesn't she stay home?

Ana looked weird in that wedding dress. Her body looked like it was cinched within an inch of its life in there. She may like that style of dress, but I don't think that particular one did her any favors. It made her very sausage-esque. Especially not for $1000 which she knows she can't afford. Hell, even her locked up husband knows she shouldn't buy it!

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 4

Yay!  They went to the same nasty ass, sleazy strip club I went to for my bachelorette.  It's the only club in Seattle that has a ladies' night.  Every guy in there was a joke and as my friend said, it smelled like Axe and shame.  I'm really surprised Jhemini was willing to set foot in Centerfolds or the bar next door, Goofy's because she's so klassy!  She reminds me so much of Farrah from Teen Mom.

• Love 2

Nope, no alcohol in Washington strip clubs.  You have to get drunk at the bar next door to be able to handle the nastiness of that club.

Trampolina, you're cracking me up with the inside scoop on The Prison Wives Club shooting locations.

Well, Ana continues to make my head hurt.  Is there some soup kitchen or pediatric ward where she could volunteer and help her realize she's a valuable person, regardless of her marital status?  It was SO sad when she went dress shopping--for the first time in her life--and found a dress that made her feel beautiful--for the first time in her life--and couldn't swing it.  And douchebag telling her "they" couldn't afford it. . . because she has to support him on her graveyard shift at the 7-11 for the first year he's out???  Umm, why is that, exactly?  Is he planning to catch up on a whole backlog of General Hospital?  I go back and forth between wanting to hug her and smack her.

All that being said, when money's tight, you don't start off bridal gown shopping at retail boutiques.

Ana and Jhemini both being absorbed in their cell phones at the strip club was pretty funny.  (I could smell the Axe and shame, LOL)

I really like Kate (and her lap dance was hot.)  I felt bad for her when she was looking at the baby/family life she doesn't get to have and I think it's smart and healthy for her to realize that only other prison wives are going to be able to relate to what she's going through.  She needs to cut her losses with stupid Jhemini, though.

LaQuisha seems to have a pretty healthy sex drive.  : )

• Love 3

I swear I'm a parole officer and not a prison wife!  My husband has never even had a ticket....

A parole officer?  Cool!  I was only going for the Washingtonian angle, but you really do have some insight here.  What do you think will happen when poor Ana's man is released?  I thought she mentioned needing to support him for a year before he's on his feet and income-producing.  Will he be able to get a job, umm, if he tries?  That guy better not pause for five minutes to sprawl on top of Ana before he's out the door.  I'd have to send her an Amazon Gift Card or something.

P.S.  Do you watch The Good Wife?  Linda Lavin's parole officer character is awesome.

• Love 1

I'm a juvenile parole officer, so I don't have to deal with too many relationships like this, but Ana's man is going to be gone before she can say 'my husband'.  Getting a job with a record and little education or skills is super hard.  You're pretty much limited to fast food and unskilled labor.  There are numerous programs around to help ex-cons learn a trade and whatnot, but usually the temptation of easy money is too much and they go back to what they used to do.  My most successful young men are usually my sex offenders because they don't have the same criminal mindset as thugs and gang members.  After 14 years of working with my kids, I don't know of even one that got out of that lifestyle and a good many of them are in adult prison for murder and assaults.  All in all, it's not pretty.  I think Kate's man has the best chance because if I remember correctly, he's skilled in working on cars.

I just can't feel sorry for Ana because she's so delusional and proud of herself for landing a felon.  I've been addicted to a site called prisontalk.com.  It's a bunch of Ana's talking about how loyal they are and how awesome their men are, like they're better than women that choose to have a tangible man in their life.  Such a weird world. 

I so hope to run into Jhemini , but I'm rarely in the klassy streets of Everett, WA.

• Love 3

I just can't understand Jhemini's insistence that she and her felon husband are private people and she doesn't want her name or pictures on TPW website but she's okay with appearing on the show.  Huh?

And I just want to laugh and laugh on her insistence that she is not going to have certain people whose family members are incarcerated in her car or her home.  Hon, YOU have a family member who is incarcerated.  Could "pot meet kettle" be any more appropriate?

• Love 4

I just can't anymore with these bitches (Ana) asking their husbands if they can buy something or their husbands telling them to watch their spending. No, dude. No. I'm sorry. That is HER money. If you are married, I generally agree it's the couple's money. If the other spouse doesn't work outside the home and they do their own upkeep on their end. Be a stay at home parent, clean the house, cook, balance the checkbook. Anything to contribute. This guy does nothing to contribute and she's letting him tell her what she can and cannot buy? Fuck that. And I think she likes that. It makes her feel wanted.

• Love 3
Fuck that. And I think she likes that. It makes her feel wanted.

Not to mention that when she video called him she referred to him as "Daddy."  I know that many women refer to their husbands or boyfriends as "daddy" (not just ones that are incarcerated), but I just can't get behind it. I think it's just weird. And for Ana, I feel like it shows some deeper issue. She should not be planning a wedding. She should be seeing a therapist.

Also, does anyone know what law Ana is referring to about how her husband is getting out of prison soon? Was he convicted before he was 18 or something so considered a minor and so gets to get out because he wasn't considered mature or whatever when he committed the crime?

Jhemini is so delusional. Did she also meet her husband (like Kate) before he went to prison?

Kate seems to be the most realistic. I did laugh at her friend "Janet" who's name is pronounced "Ja-Nay." 

• Love 3
Not to mention that when she video called him she referred to him as "Daddy."

This just made me realize that Ana's husband has been in prison for almost as long as Ana has been alive.  Scary. 

Kate seems to be the most realistic.

I agree with this.   I wonder if it's because she and Carlo were dating before he was convicted and married before he went away. 

Has the show said what Kate does for a living? 

Jhemini is so delusional. Did she also meet her husband (like Kate) before he went to prison?

I think she did but I'm not sure if she married him before he went to prison.

• Love 2