Type keyword(s) to search

The Librarians Media: In the Stacks

11 hours ago, lizzyp said:

Sophie buddying up with Jenkins has some very interesting possibilities.

That works. I could see them sharing a quiet moment in the Library.  There's a hidden depth to both. There's a past they have trouble dealing with/try to keep hidden.

I've been thinking about the Librarians/Leverage crossover (because I loved the concept) and I was trying to figure out why the two teams would be working together. Anyone have any ideas? 

The tie in would be that the Leverage team would be planning their next job, but it's in the same city as weird stuff going on and the librarians are investigating. They keep getting in each other's way, and funny things with the doors and how Parker can't figure out how they're better than her breaking into places. 

Long story short, the person that Nate et al. are after also owns some magic artifact and the librarians can't get at it because there's no doors and Parker laughs at them. Everyone comes clean and Sophie and Jenkins come up with a scheme where they all have to work together. Grudgingly Nate agrees and they pull off a huge con, steal the thing, and everyone wins. 

I mean, it writes itself. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 3
On 4/14/2018 at 12:46 AM, ganesh said:

Long story short, the person that Nate et al. are after also owns some magic artifact

That works. Both teams are after the same object but for different reasons. 

On 4/14/2018 at 12:46 AM, ganesh said:

Parker can't figure out how they're better than her breaking into places. 

I love this as a running gag until the two teams actually formally meet each other and decide to team up/work together. 

On 4/18/2018 at 12:37 PM, ganesh said:

It needs to be at Thanksgiving though so at the end they all have a big meal. 

I really like this idea because both teams both have a family structure and use the idea of teammates/co-workers as surrogate family. Nate has to be the one cutting/carving the turkey at the end.  

(edited)

Well, I can't seem to properly "embed" the facebook post I got, but the news is that the were unable to find the Librarians a new home after TNT's cancellation.

"Sad news. After multiple negotiations at several different networks, we’ve been unsuccessful at moving #TheLibrarians to a new home. Unfortunately that means season four was our last season.

We’ve been creating stories and content in the Library Universe since 2004 when Michael Wright first commissioned the first Movie of the Week for TNT. It’s been a remarkable journey. One that will hopefully continue in some form or another soon.

I’m not ready to give up on the world of the Library. I don’t know in what incarnation it’s return will take, but we hope whatever that is, you’ll come and join us."

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 3
On 6/7/2018 at 2:57 AM, Christina said:

I was thinking Harry Potter/Librarians. The clipping book sends them to London. Jenkins gives Eve a note (the viewer sees him ask her for a private word while the camera/action stays on Cassandra, Jacob and Ezekeil).The Librarians are investigating something that is connected to something the Ministry of Magic are also investigating. It's not the same case but two related/connected cases. Later when they run into Ministry of Magic, Eve gives them the letter. The letter explains that while they are Muggles, they are also aware of and used to dealing Magic. Harry and Ron work with the team in the field. Hermoine is at HQ conducting research. She shares what she knows during briefing scenes. Harry, Ron, and Hermoine use the backdoor to access the Library Annex. Jacob Stone geeks out with Hermoine. Eve and Hermoine know what it's like to be the responsible one. Harry and Flynn understand the importance of trusting your instincts and doing what you think is best. Cassandra admires how British Wizards are taught to use magic responsibly.

• Love 1