Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Preach LA

Those folks know they were wrong not to help Loretta. Heck, the McClendons shouldn't have even showed up as they haven't had anything to do with anyone. Myesha should have opened for Dietrick. For all his crazy, he's a great performer.

• Love 1

I'm going to hell because I was *howling* when Myesha was standing up there with her arms outstretched waiting for the music to start.  I know it was disappointing and embarrassing for her but the dramatics backstage were extra.  The swooning and "Maybe God doesn't want me to sing.  Maybe this is a sign."  Girl, okay.  If that's the way you respond to technical difficulties, then maybe that *is* a sign.  But it's not a sign from God.  It's a sign that YOU aren't prepared to be a performer.  As Deitrick said, if you plan to be a stage performer, you'll deal with that and worse.

And let it be known: I don't think the girl can sing worth a lick.  She has the benefit of being the First Lady of what looks to be a sizable church, a supportive husband and access to other well-known preachers, so maybe her music career will kick off, but it won't be because she's all that talented, in my opinion.  I don't think she can sing OR dance.  I'm always kinda cringing in embarrassment whenever she's dancing.  She looks exactly like a woman trying to prove she's a "cool mom".  Put the liquid leggings down and cut it out, girl.  And take a couple few feet off those weaves, too.

• Love 6

Why Dom lookin like Ain't Jemima? Such "goat-couture"....

I don't get why Loretta was mad - I thought when she first asked them about helping her, almost all of them TOLD her that they were busy and wouldn't be able to do it - I even remember the look on her face when they told her so too dam bad...That was poor planning on her part, and there were other people she could've gotten to help her get it ready...

Myesha wants to sing gospel AND twerk, jerk, or whatever the hell you call it? She needs to shit or get off the fence - she can't do both - hell she can barely do ONE of these without some sort of angst (although I don't think she's all that anyway)...and how many wigs do the girl own? Enough to open a dam wig boo-teek...

S-curl shoulda just stayed home....but I'm glad Dee-trick called him out on why he missed all the meetings.....

• Love 2

I loved the event.  Loretta made a big thing about not having the wives' volunteer labor to help her set up.  She should've had all those details worked out already, and not just assume they'd be there all day.

Myesha and her singing....well, I'm glad I don't have to be the first one to say it.  Yes, Myesha, that WAS a sign from the Lord that he doesn't want you to sing.  And who would be dumb enough to follow Dietrick Haddon on stage because you know he's gonna steal the show. 

• Love 3

After all the complaining about Loretta being involved, if she hadn't been there would not have been any Preach LA event. And I'm not sure what else Myesha had going on, because that dance routine shouldnt' have taken more than a couple of hours to learn, Dominique could have helped as could Loretta. Frankly, none of them even really said "thank you" for doing all the labor intense work so that we could show up and look good. And I can't believe that Dietrick was the only one who stepped to S-curl about his absence - although S-curl's smug responses had me wishing his mic got cut off too.

I also agree that Myesha isn't the greatest singer, but since I too have some liquid leggings I'm going to go somewhere and be quiet. LOL

• Love 1