Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Meteor

Tara Ariano

Awwwwwww, poor Nolan! He is so concerned for Emily and she doesn't even notice it. He was so upset that she was almost hurt in the break in and then he was so concerned when she came out of the police station crying. She can't see how much he cares about her.

Man, when David started looking at those chains, I was really hoping that he was planning to use them to chain up Victoria. He is crazy like a fox! When he revealed that he knew Victoria was up to something, I thought okay, fine, maybe he isn't a complete moron, which gave me hope that he is playing Victoria. Please, show?

Emily VanCamp and Nick Wechsler both did a great job reacting when they saw David and realized it was him.

Hahaha, why am I not surprised that Daniel is the tool wearing a suit at the pool? When Louise mentioned it a minute later, I laughed. How long before he has to sleep with her to keep his job?

Margaux's hair has grown out a little and looks better, so there's that.

I rather like the idea of Daniel being a bad guy who still has sexual chemistry with Emily, like Sark from Alias, Hook from OUAT, Spike from Buffy etc.

The problem is that I don't find Daniel anywhere near as interesting or grey in character as Hook or Spike. He has been a spoiled trust fund baby and a dick. The only truly selfless thing he has done is sell his car to pay Charlotte's rent, but if he had just been an adult and told her the truth about his financial situation then maybe she would have realized hey, I shouldn't be living in a place that costs $5K a month since I have no job, trust fund, or other source of income other than begging my brother for a handout.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I thought David was hinting pretty loudly that he doesn't trust Victoria when he said he remembers she said "let me take care of things" when he proposed they run away together before he was arrested on that terrorism charge. And she said that again when she told him to stay put and babysit Charlotte last episode. He gave her such a steely look when he recalled all this. He was practically waving a sign that said "I know you betrayed me then and you're still trying to play me now! I'm going to get you for that!"

So I'm surprised Victoria kept trying to convince David she's trying to help him, and then she looked so smug when David asked her to join him at the press conference. You'd think she would have some inkling David is toying with her (maybe she does and the smug face is just there to mess with Ems). Victoria already knows David is capable of lying convincingly, since she and David both know he killed Conrad and he put on an act for the Feds like he didn't know Conrad was dead. Victoria looked so proud watching him lie to the Feds like a pro, too.

Emily Van Camp hit this one out of the park. Her face in that line-up scene. Absolutely perfect. She was making me break down, and I thought I was over feeling anything for Ems. I'm going to be sad if she doesn't get to spend any quality daddy-daughter time with David.

I thought of the forum when Victoria was all "you are not a victim so stop choosing to act like one" at Charlotte. Though the way she talked back to Victoria, maybe she's over trying to hurt her sister now that it's clear this is what Victoria wants her to do? That would be a welcome development.

When Louise barged her crazy self into Daniel's suite and told him to close his eyes because she had a surprise for him, I expected her to get a knife and stab him in the face or something. Kind of like: if she can't have Victoria as her mommy, no one can! Okay, I guess she's trying to snag Daniel so that Victoria will be her mommy-in-law. She'll go nuclear when she finds out Daniel is more interested in Margaux. This is like a redux of Tyler. Daniel sure is a psycho magnet.

I thought becoming a prostitute was where Charlotte's story was going, considering how expensive drugs are. Imagine my surprise that it turns out Daniel is the Grayson sibling who's heading into that profession instead.

Okay, so Victoria needs to die a painful death by the series finale and Daniel and Charlotte - yeah, I don't care for either of them.

Emily and Nolan need to grab David and get him the hell away from Victoria and preferably sooner than later.

I'm surprised they didn't wait until the winter finale to publicly reveal him to the world. Where else aside from the inevitable David/Emily reunion can this show go really?

Louise using Daniel to get revenge/stalk Victoria is just weird really.

Poor Magaux needs more to do.

Ben is annoying, not charming, 7/10

I'm surprised they didn't wait until the winter finale to publicly reveal him to the world. Where else aside from the inevitable David/Emily reunion can this show go really?

I honestly think the writers have written themselves into a corner by bringing David back- the only reasonable way for them to push the story forwards in my eyes is to kill him off again. David's existence right now is just stagnating the plot, giving us big, inevitable moments but diminishing the directions that the plot can actually go in.

This is exactly why the writers should have kept the flash-forwards. Without some event for the show to build up to it just feels like the writers are spinning their wheels and have no idea where they're going, especially since neither Emily or Victoria have a solid plan.

I agree the show made a mistake revealing David so soon. All of these momentous moments fell flat for me. Emily seeing her father should have been a huge, winter finale moment. 

ElectricBoogaloo, I agree about Daniel. He has never been interesting to me, and certainly not as interesting as Spike. I only watched a couple of episodes with Hook before giving up on OUaT, but I really liked him and considered continuing to watch the show solely for him. Daniel? No way. Emily's love interests have always been a disappointment to me.

Edited by slade3

I agree the show made a mistake revealing David so soon. All of these momentous moments fell flat for me. Emily seeing her father should have been a huge, winter finale moment.

On the other hand it was nice that they didn't drag out the inevitable. I would have been beyond annoyed if Emily didn't know it was David Clarke for months and months. Not to mention they still haven't actually met yet.

When Louise barged her crazy self into Daniel's suite and told him to close his eyes because she had a surprise for him, I expected her to get a knife and stab him in the face or something.

I thought she was just going to get naked and demand sex but I guess that would have been too similar to Margaux back when she first showed up.

I think the problem we are having with Victoria is that she's gone from a character we love to hate to one we just hate. Conrad had that quality in spades and that's why we all miss him.

I'm convinced David has a plan. At least it's more fun watching the show if you believe that.

While it is possible that we could find out that Louise has a carefully planned long-term legit revenge scheme, I don't think the actress who plays her knows about it yet because she is definitely playing her as plain crazy. When Daniel agrees with her she's sweet and smiley, but the second he says no, her expression quickly gets scary. If she was really in control, she's be able to pretend to be sweet all the time.

Emily surrounded by Jack and Nolan--her real family-- was very touching.

I am very much looking forward to Daniel's reaction when he finds out Emily is Amanda. We've already seen Charlotte react with hatred, so I predict we will see a contrast and that Daniel will be more forgiving, maybe even enough to switch sides.

I like that idea about Daniel's reaction. Maybe he will feel guilty because he's complicit in the cover-up for the framing of David Clark.

Hey, are Daniel and Emily still technically married? If they ended their marriage at some point, I must have zoned out or dozed off.

I'm really glad David already made himself public, because I was starting to get bored, so thanks for shaking things up, show. As it is, if I have to deal with more episodes of near misses between daddy and daughter, I might scream.

Agreed about the reveal to Daniel. The writers have a real opportunity to explore their fascinating dynamic (e.g. their fabulous elevator scene) rather than just glossing over it and giving Daniel a one-note reaction. He doesn't even necessarily have to be forgiving but I'd surely expect some complex, conflicted emotions about this woman who he's been through so much with for 3 years.

The synopsis for episode 7 Ambush has Daniel confronting Emily about her lies so that's a good sign that him finding out will be a big moment (bigger than Charlotte's even I daresay- though that might be a given due to the disparity in ability between actors).

Edited by GuyAwks

It did seem odd, especially for this show!  Any reference to real life has mainly been thru Nolan and his pop culture references but to throw something political in there was just so off.  Especially for the IDIOTS at Suffolk Co. police dept.   They can't spell racial profiling much less identify it!

Unless this was meant to be a clue that Ben isn't who he says he is.  His true self shown through in the moment, and his colleague called him out on the disconnect?

Or I give the writers too much credit ... or I'm wasting brain cells by overthinking this when I should be focused on work!

• Love 1

Some questions about David, that confuse me a bit.

In the first episode this season, why was David at the Grayson's old house (when he snatched Victoria)?  Unless he was totally off the grid the past six months, he should have known Victoria was missing.  If he did know that, why did he go there?

Right before taking Victoria, did David hear the frank conversation between Emily and Victoria, on the front doorstep?  Looks like he was close enough to: he grabbed V as soon as she came down the steps.  If so, the cat was out of the bag about Emily's true identity even then.

If David did not plan to kill Emily, why did he take his knife with him, and have it ready, in his hand, as sneaked into her bedroom? 

Some questions about David, that confuse me a bit.

In the first episode this season, why was David at the Grayson's old house (when he snatched Victoria)?  Unless he was totally off the grid the past six months, he should have known Victoria was missing.  If he did know that, why did he go there?

Right before taking Victoria, did David hear the frank conversation between Emily and Victoria, on the front doorstep?  Looks like he was close enough to: he grabbed V as soon as she came down the steps.  If so, the cat was out of the bag about Emily's true identity even then.

If David did not plan to kill Emily, why did he take his knife with him, and have it ready, in his hand, as sneaked into her bedroom? 

All very good questions. I have no answers, and I'm betting the writers don't either, but still, good questions.

• Love 1

In the first episode this season, why was David at the Grayson's old house (when he snatched Victoria)? Unless he was totally off the grid the past six months, he should have known Victoria was missing. If he did know that, why did he go there?

No one knew that Victoria was missing/in the psych ward except Emily who paid the doctors at the facility (although I don't know why they let her take part in group therapy since any of the patients could have recognized her and she could have spent all her time telling them who she is and bitching about Emily). Charlotte was getting postcards from Europe so she thought Victoria was just in vacation. The party that Emily threw in the first episode was the annual beginning of the summer season so people would have assumed Victoria was in New York before that.

She was their parents' collateral damage through no fault of hers. They certainly didn't blink about it. IIRC she gave him a chance when he found out about Conrad's true evil.  He chose to do nothing about it and sided with Conrad. His allegiance was made clear. He also injured that woman by drinking and driving and it was quietly "taken care of." It isn't like he was a saint before Emily came along and she ruined him.

That’s rich of Emily to condemn him for not blurting out the truth about the David Clark conspiracy to the media when he had no evidence other than Conrad’s confession. Let’s not forget that she herself threw a lap-top full of evidence into the ocean because she decided it was not enough to clear David’s name and have the Graysons prosecuted, no, she wanted the Graysons to suffer a slow personal and public destruction and if possible drag their son down with them. Ems was perfectly ok with wrecking Daniel’s life because of what amounted to thoughtcrime on his part! (and obviously this was convenient to the writers as they could go ahead with the wedding SL w/o making the lead character look bad) And so we get Emily’s determination to worm her way into their lives which led to the shotgun wedding and the various machinations to split up Daniel and Sarah (aka his true love–as out of the blue as that SL was, that’s the way it was portrayed). 

And Daniel may have injured Sarah in the d & d incident but he also apologized and saw that she was taken care of when he learned of his parents’ deception re the medical bills. And fwiw Sarah took him back and was going to start a new life with him until Emily nixed that and Sarah almost ended up committing suicide on the night of the wedding. And if that had actually happened it would’ve been just another casualty of Em’s revengenda which apparently trumps all else, and we would hardly have gotten a mention of it.

She lied to them about who she was but that was by and large for her own safety. She took away their fortune temporarily but she gave it right back- and arguably it was this action which prompted them to get good jobs at Voulez and the Stowaway. She planned to expose their parents for all their crimes but that's justice and hardly something which is directly against them. She faked the pregnancy but Daniel could have easily just divorced her.

On that last one, I don’t think Daniel could so easily divorce her, at least not until Emily wanted to end the marriage. She was able to hold the attempted murder over his head to keep him in the marriage, but if she didn’t have that she easily could have manufactured something else blackmail-worthy. As for exposing the Graysons’ original crime, for a long time she vacillitated on that and in S2 mostly stirred up a hornet’s nest in the Initiative which led to Conrad rejoining their fold which led to the bombing and Declan’s death and Charlotte’s miscarriage. Granted, we don’t know how much Emily told Charlotte but I wouldn’t blame the latter for seeing Declan’s death as something that came out of the former’s machinations to destroy her family. She probably now sees her kidnapping by Jack as being related to Emily’s agenda as well. Not to mention the emotional distress of thinking Amily, her half-sister was dead. And Em’s wedding obsession also led to Sarah attempting to take her own life –which news, combined with booze and the revelation of the fake pregnancy made Daniel angry enough to shoot Emily. What I'm saying is that the cumulative effect of Emily's revengenda on Daniel and Charlotte's (and others) lives was much worse than Emily's direct actions of just lying to them, and if Emily is right to blame almost everything bad in her life on the Graysons then Charlotte in this case --and Victoria too for that matter-- can feel entitled to do the same wrt Emily. After all revenge, at least going by Emily's take on it, isn't just about right or wrong but who feels the most wronged.

JMO, but at least wrt the shooting it was good to see Emily get taken down a peg and be served with a reminder that she can’t just treat people like puppets and expect no blowback in return. Wrt to Charlotte almost setting her on fire it was not so good,but then again it seems that starting fires in the wake of an emotional upheaval (or as just part of the plain old revengenda) is something the sisters have in common.