Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Virgin Tears

The guy who is basically stalking Shelby, I think his name is Nathan, seriously worries me. He doesn't seem to be in the best mental health, and I worry he could hurt someone.

Yes. The one confessional were he says something like "I still love you," had me cringing.

What does everyone have against Tyler?

What does everyone have against Tyler?

I suspect it has to do with what one guy said in passing, that she has "strong" opinions.  She must be a little more aggressive with them than we're seeing.  Someone there is her match, though, so...

ETA: I find this show interesting to watch because I have 2 sons, 21 and 19.  It gives me a little insight into the mindset of a guy that age when it comes to girls and dating, although I'm going to venture to say that my boys are nowhere near as entitled/mysoginistic/whatever when it comes to their attitude about the opposite sex.

Wow. Nathan is scary. You do not want that young man to fall for you. Yikes. Much respect to Dario who stepped in with that nonchalant smirk. That was a King Of The Pride move and one of the coolest things I've seen on TV. I didn't expect to like him at all but that was impressive.

Also Layton the virgin lover? He likes a virgin because it's a challenge and something he looks for in a woman. What happens when he finally deflowers her - is she then less attractive? Run, Virgin Lady, run. You are more than a Hymen Challenge for a hypocrite.

Anthony is a smooth operator! That chortle as he talked about swooping in on Jenni was wicked and then the kiss up against the wall...he doesn't seem like a particularly nice person but he's highly entertaining.

Ok, Are You The One, you've got me. So many whiny, possessive boys; so little strategy in the pairings! I'm hooked.

Also Layton the virgin lover? He likes a virgin because it's a challenge and something he looks for in a woman. What happens when he finally deflowers her - is she then less attractive? Run, Virgin Lady, run. You are more than a Hymen Challenge for a hypocrite.

That was Tyler P.

Oh, yeah - my DVR cut off right after the first light. How many did they end up with?

3 Edited by Chrissytd

Tyler was the guy who talked about having taken a girl's virginity before and she didn't leave his apartment for three weeks, thus making dating a virgin unattractive in his eyes. He said that if he was on a date and found out that the girl was a virgin, "I'm not gonna call that one again".

Layton gave a talking head afterwards, during the date (after the hilariously cute interactions between Virgin Lady and Heavily Accented Lady about how surprising the presence of said virginity was to the latter) and after Nathan's aggressive begging. Layton said "when a girl's a virgin it's definitely a turn on. I've dated girls in the past that were - and I do think of it as a challenge for myself because I'm not - but at the same time that is something I'm looking for in a woman."

Either way, creep factor is too high for me :)

I've just realized my life is barren. This is the most times I've written "virginity" ever and this is in the context of an MTV show. Ugh!

• Love 1

Tyler was the guy who talked about having taken a girl's virginity before and she didn't leave his apartment for three weeks, thus making dating a virgin unattractive in his eyes. He said that if he was on a date and found out that the girl was a virgin, "I'm not gonna call that one again".

Layton gave a talking head afterwards, during the date (after the hilariously cute interactions between Virgin Lady and Heavily Accented Lady about how surprising the presence of said virginity was to the latter) and after Nathan's aggressive begging. Layton said "when a girl's a virgin it's definitely a turn on. I've dated girls in the past that were - and I do think of it as a challenge for myself because I'm not - but at the same time that is something I'm looking for in a woman."

Either way, creep factor is too high for me :)

I've just realized my life is barren. This is the most times I've written "virginity" ever and this is in the context of an MTV show. Ugh!

MTV just had a reality show called Virgin Territory exploring the lives of young virgins in the world so having one virgin on a dating show isn't that interesting.