Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Marco Polo

What annoyed me about Cam and Mitch this episode is Cam was completely oblivious himself and what Mitch was telling him. Had nothing to do with Mitch not liking football as Cam claimed. It had to do with Cam once again being over the top and going to ridiculous levels in terms of recreating the game days out of superstition. Most athletes have some routines or superstitions, but what Cam was doing was ridiculous. It was Ground hog Day level absurdity, which is what Mitch was trying to point out to him, but Cam refused to listen and made it again about Mitch not being supportive.

• Love 2

I thought the ending was going to be Phil being sad and lonely in a clean room with freshly made beds (since he would have the room to himself, everyone else's stuff would be out) and then we'd see Claire and the kids fighting and arguing in Claries now very messy room.  

That would have been funny!

• Love 1

Wow, I've enjoyed this season a lot. Have viewed it as one of the better seasons. Almost all of the characters have grown and changed in their relationships with each other (Jay and Manny, Luke and everyone, Alex and Haley, etc.). And some of the lines have been great. I like Lilly.

The only two I struggle with, and have for a couple of seasons, are Mitch and Cam. Mostly because Cam is so over the top. Mitch may be a tool occasionally, but most of the time on this show he is a tool only in relation to whatever odd behavior Cam is displaying. If Cam were calmer, Mitch would be nicer, I think. And all of this is a shame, because we have kids who watch with us and we liked having a gay couple to introduce them to the fact that's just another kind of relationship. At this point I am afraid they think all gay people are like Cam.

Loved Gloria's hand motions at Jay over Manny taking a drink.

Re: discussion of racism or classism:

I didn't find this show offensive. The point about the Nigerians was that the people were foreigners who didn't speak the language. Period. (Did you notice that the Dunphy's allowed them in their home? Maybe you were too busy being offended.)  I don't equate "poorer" with with a race or culture. This is a comedy. Yes, the joke was about classism. So what? We're laughing at the character's inability to relate to others; we're  not laughing at poorer people, at least not those of us who understand the comedy. Can we get past looking for something to be offended by? I probably have years on a lot of you, and I've been a minority for a loooong time, and  I'm tired of this hyper vigilance to find something to be offended by crap. Find real things that actually affect your lives to be offended by, please.

• Love 8

Re: discussion of racism or classism:

I didn't find this show offensive. The point about the Nigerians was that the people were foreigners who didn't speak the language. Period. (Did you notice that the Dunphy's allowed them in their home? Maybe you were too busy being offended.)  I don't equate "poorer" with with a race or culture. This is a comedy. Yes, the joke was about classism. So what? We're laughing at the character's inability to relate to others; we're  not laughing at poorer people, at least not those of us who understand the comedy. Can we get past looking for something to be offended by? I probably have years on a lot of you, and I've been a minority for a loooong time, and  I'm tired of this hyper vigilance to find something to be offended by crap. Find real things that actually affect your lives to be offended by, please.

Thank you Mojito!  That was very well-said.

Except for the 5000 times I used the word "offended" or "offensive". I got all caught up playing geezer on a soapbox. Nearly broke a hip when I fell off....

Edited by mojito