Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Restoration

What a fucking BITCH Pastor Gibson's sister is!  "Get OVER it!" she yelled at her daughter.  Fuck. YOU.  I say this as a recovering addict who had to face the fact that I had to earn everyone's trust again because a few months sober isn't going to make up for the hell and the lies I put my family & friends through for many, many YEARS.  I don't give the woman much time left to be sober if she's not willing to take responsibility for her actions while she was a "using" addict nor accept that she truly, deeply hurt her daughter and all her loved ones.

• Love 4

I always thought you had to be voted back in by the church congregation and a committe before you could be reinstalled as a pastor of a church - what the hell kinda "restoration" was THAT? Don't they have any church by-laws? And why was he dressed like Bozo the clown? I'm gonna say this again too - a First Lady is one in which her husband is the senior pastor of the church - Again, Deetrick ain't the head pastor of NO church so why do they keep calling Dom a First Lady?

I'm glad that him and Jay fixed their problems though...I like Jay - he's a cool guy...

Why can't Whispers-look-alike stop thinking about his wife's ass as she walks out the room for just one moment? What a slug....and his skag sister needs to learn some thangs about recovery and how it REALLY works....Has she gained weight? It looks good on her...Lavette is growing on me....

Did S-curl man disappear again? What happened to his grooming his son into ministry?

I see next week, we'll be treated to the usual bullshit with Noel and Loretta....Let us all cheer....

• Love 2

I always thought you had to be voted back in by the church congregation and a committe before you could be reinstalled as a pastor of a church - what the hell kinda "restoration" was THAT? Don't they have any church by-laws? And why was he dressed like Bozo the clown? I'm gonna say this again too - a First Lady is one in which her husband is the senior pastor of the church - Again, Deetrick ain't the head pastor of NO church so why do they keep calling Dom a First Lady?

I think that's dependent upon the type of church.  Some are more autonomous than others.  From the way Deitrick's father had spoken before, it sounded like he had the final say abou that kind of stuff, since he kept reminding Deitrick that he wouldn't be reinstated until he said so.

• Love 1
(edited)

Some churches are created by the pastor, so if this one was built up by Bishop Haddon, then it makes sense that he could ultimately decide who will be the pastor of it.  Also this is a 45 minute show featuring six ministers, so we probably won't see the committee meetings that might have taken place before the restoration ceremony.  

I am totally Team Dominique!  She had to endure a lot of crap being with Deitrick and it was nice of his father to acknowledge that in church.  He should have done that with his daughter, but I digress.  Dom was dragged for something that she had nothing to do with.  And I thought it was funny that she had to threaten Deitrick with no affection to get him to mend fences with Jay.

I'm glad that Wayne went through with the vasectomy.  I was fully prepared to hate on him if he didn't do it for her.  Men are always so concerned about their manhood; never mind what the woman had to do to birth those children.  If she had to be cut to have those babies, you should want to spare her from that injury if you are done having children.   You can bet money that Deitrick wouldn't do that for Dominique!

I see what Bishop Gibson was trying to do, but I think it was way too early in the process to make Erica fully forgive her mother.  She is afraid to let her in because she just might be disappointed again.  

LOL!  I think it's cute as long as it is his wife he is leering at.  

Why can't Whispers-look-alike stop thinking about his wife's ass as she walks out the room for just one moment?

Edited by Stardancer Supreme

Some churches are created by the pastor, so if this one was built up by Bishop Haddon, then it makes sense that he could ultimately decide who will be the pastor of it.  Also this is a 45 minute show featuring six ministers, so we probably won't see the committee meetings that might have taken place before the restoration ceremony.  

Ok, that sounds a bit more plausible...Also didn't see any deacons, etc, greeting him back into the church either...

I loved the vasectomy storyline with the Chaneys.  It is something they could have done in private but chose to do publicly.  I think they did it purposefully  as a way of showing ALL men to know your limits when it comes to offspring and take action to do something about it.

I felt bad for Gibson's niece in dealing with her mother.  It seems her mother has entitlement and narcissistic issues that sobriety does not resolve.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 5

Honestly, I think the best way that Ron Gibson's niece can "honor" her mother is to make a conscious decision to be the kind of mother to her sons that her own mother never was to her. If the full definition of forgiveness is that a person's harmful actions no longer have an effect, then that would be the perfect way to demonstrate it. End the cycle of neglectful parenting.

Of course, in order to do that, she may need to limit her contact with her mother since it seems clear that her mother drains her of energy and emotional stability. She needs to keep those wells full in order to give all she can to her boys.

So, although it might seem counterintuitive to Ron and his recovering sister, Erica limiting contact between the two of them might actually be the best expression of "forgiveness" possible.

Edited by auntiemel
  • Love 3

I couldn't understand why Ron was pushing his niece to publicly forgive her mother so quickly. Poor thing probably felt like she had no choice but to go along with this since he is letting her and her family stay in one of his rental properties and taking her boys shopping. Ron Gibson is so darn stubborn and pushy, he just doesn't seem to accept that people can do things differently from him, and that doesn't make their way wrong. Maybe Erica wouldnt' have been so angry if they hadn't forced this forgiveness ambush on her so forcefully. She was pretty clear from jump that she wanted to protect herself and she's been here before and she wanted to be able to trust her mom's sobriety, and Ron ignored her to push for Shawn's forgiveness, even as Shawn want's Erica to just "get over it." Man, that would have been it for me. Yelling at me to get over your 30+ years of addiction and what it did to my life? I would have left the party, even if it was at my house. LOL

• Love 2

And that is what was bothering me about Bishop Ron.  He has his views and relentlessly pushes until he gets his way.  His sister hasn't been sober for a year yet; how can he make her daughter sing Kumbayah with Shawn so fast?  That needs at least a few months of therapy just to "get over" the damage her mother caused her.  A real therapist, not bible study!  He probably forgot what it took for his family to accept him back from his addiction.