Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Get My Cigarettes

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Intelligence begins to look into a string of murders where the victims have a dollar bill pinned to their chests. Thanks to some digging by Ruzek, Voight learns his friend was involved in some shady business dealings. Antonio and Halstead follow-up on some leads that help focus in on the culprit and motives for the murders. Burgess and Roman investigate a series of house break-ins and get some help from Desk Sgt. Platt.

Episode thread opens after the east coast airing, at 11:00 p.m. ET.

This was supposed to automatically unlock, hence why I did that, as I knew I may not be immediately available. So sorry, folks. Now...

For the future, I guess I'll leave things UNlocked and let the chips fall.

Burgess and Roman investigate a series of house break-ins and get some help from Desk Sgt. Platt.

When did that happen?

Also worst hitman ever. And what was the point of Ruzek going to the other cop for the sketch?

Edited by Kel Varnsen

Are the showing Ruzek farming out his tasks so he can get kicked out of intelligence and it makes room for Burgess? Since when is Ruzek incompetent?

I think Burgess wanting to make intelligence is going to be the new "Gabby wants to be a firefighter" that'll drag on and on.

I think Burgess wanting to make intelligence is going to be the new "Gabby wants to be a firefighter" that'll drag on and on.

And yet I don't mind the Burgess wanting to make Intelligence angle nearly as much as I do the CF "Gabby wants to be a firefighter" angle. Probably because it doesn't take up nearly as much airtime as the CF story and the ambitious Burgess angle has been a consistent part of her character since episode one of the series and she's actually been shown to be growing into a cop who could make it in Intelligence some day soon. 

Not sure I'm going to like incompetent Ruzek. Ruzek's been shown to be impulsive and hot headed at times but never lazy or incompetent.

It was an okay episode. Good performances with the material provided, especially from Sophia Bush and Jesse Lee Soffer, but the focus of the episode was a story well I feel like they've gone to too much for a show that's only been on the air for 17 episodes: Someone or something from Erin's past haunts her and Jay in peril.

And I still don't know why the show taped an entire B story and half of the promo photos released for this episode were of that B story, it was included in the episode descriptions sent out, and then cut the entire thing without explanation. Hope the Burgess, Platt and Roman actors still got paid. 

Are the showing Ruzek farming out his tasks so he can get kicked out of intelligence and it makes room for Burgess? Since when is Ruzek incompetent?

To be quite honest, I took it that he just wasn't that good with that particular technology.  But that is just my take on it.

• Love 1

I could see them going for a Burgess gets promoted while Ruzek gets demoted angle at some point this season or next. I would be sad to see the end of the Ruzek/Alvin partnership though as I love it.

I don't mind Burgess being ambitious. I just would hate if they were going the predictable route of dumbing people (Ruzek in this instance) down so that we can see how great she is.

It bugged me that last season Atwater got the short end of the stick so that she could consistently shine and then they played it like she was hard done by for not getting the promotion. She wasn't. She was making Googly eyes at Ruzek and it cost her the position. She's now dating Ruzek and seems to think she'd be able pull the wool over Voights eyes proving she didn't learn much from then experience at all. I think he was right in his decision..

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 3

This episode wasn't my favourite, next week looks a lot better. The best part about it for me was Erin's scenes with Voight, Jay and her mother. As was said above, she shows great restraint playing Erin and she rarely lets people see her emotions. Her anger at Voight was the exception given how close they are.

Next week looks a lot better. Very Jay centric which is great. We're only two episodes in so I'm hoping Ruzek, Alvin, Atwater, Antonio and the others will get more focus as we go on.

Question, do the characters not drink in Molly's? I thought that was a thing or were they just out of Molly's so that the shooting wouldn't have to be menioned on Fire...

Question, do the characters not drink in Molly's? I thought that was a thing or were they just out of Molly's so that the shooting wouldn't have to be menioned on Fire...

Jay said he had to change up his routine because of the hit that was out on him. I assumed that part of that was drinking at a different bar. Even the bartender he was flirting with mentioned that she hadn't seen him in awhile. I assume they probably drink at a few different places. Voight of course is not welcome at Molly's.