Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Stephen Brigstocke and Robert Ravenscroft have one thing in common — selfish wife.

Did Nancy forget that Stephen lost his son too? Instead of grieving together, she chose to isolate herself while Stephen had to work and took care of everything.

Catherine admits to Robert that she wanted Jonathan to die. He wanted more from her and she didn’t.

• Like 3

Every episode I am reminding myself that Nancy cannot be a reliable narrator because she would have no way of actually knowing what happened since Johnathon is dead and dead men tell no tales.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, shelley1234 said:

Every episode I am reminding myself that Nancy cannot be a reliable narrator because she would have no way of actually knowing what happened since Johnathon is dead and dead men tell no tales.   

Exactly!  And I’m still not sure whether what we’re seeing are actual flashbacks, or recreations of the “novel”, or some combination of the same scenes from different characters’ POV. 

• Like 3

I think Nancy fills in the ( her ) details,  from just looking  at the photos. A picture is worth a thousand words. 

Catherine  used Jonathan,  for her own fantasies, he fell in love, while she fell in lust. She doesn't  know if young Nicholas saw her or not. 

• Like 1

I found the drowning scene hard to watch. She could have alerted the guards that there was still someone out in the sea, but for her own selfish reasons said nothing. I lost any sympathy for her being found out and subsequently thrown out. 
I think that the father is trying to get closer to his son to help him remember what might have actually happened on their Italian holiday after he left. 

• Like 2
On 10/19/2024 at 4:37 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Exactly!  And I’m still not sure whether what we’re seeing are actual flashbacks, or recreations of the “novel”, or some combination of the same scenes from different characters’ POV. 

I went looking for spoilers and found the key to POV.

Spoiler

If Indira Varma is narrating then it's Catherine's actual story. If Kevin Kline is narrating it's from Nancy's imagination and/or hisI revenge quest.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 1
56 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Didn't think POV really needed spoiler tags, but if you insist....

Apologies if I misunderstood. I thought you were posting something that was only knowable if you searched out spoilers.