Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I'll watch anything with Cate Blanchett in it. I couldn't believe that was Sasha Baron Cohen playing her husband. He looks so different as I remember him in Borat and other comedic roles. The series is starting out as  very intriguing and I'm looking forward to future episodes.

• Like 2

I found it really hard to keep everything straight - can someone please tell me if I got this right? I don't think there are any spoilers here - I've only watched ep. 1 and that's what my questions are based on.

Cate Blanchett and her husband Robert and Cate's son Nicholas are in the present, as well as the old guy whose (deceased) wife wrote the book?

And Jonathan and the girl with pink hair are in the past?  And Jonathan is the deceased son of the old guy?

I think I understand about the book and the reason the old guy sent it to Cate (revenge, and exposing her for something to do with Jonathan)

I almost gave up halfway through ep. 1 because I was so confused, but stuck with it and I think I'm glad I did LOL

• Like 5
9 hours ago, headhoncho said:

I found it really hard to keep everything straight - can someone please tell me if I got this right? I don't think there are any spoilers here - I've only watched ep. 1 and that's what my questions are based on.

Cate Blanchett and her husband Robert and Cate's son Nicholas are in the present, as well as the old guy whose (deceased) wife wrote the book?

And Jonathan and the girl with pink hair are in the past?  And Jonathan is the deceased son of the old guy?

I think I understand about the book and the reason the old guy sent it to Cate (revenge, and exposing her for something to do with Jonathan)

I almost gave up halfway through ep. 1 because I was so confused, but stuck with it and I think I'm glad I did LOL

I too almost gave up halfway thru but thankfully by the end I was all in! 

• Like 4

“Any resemblance to persons living or dead is not a coincidence.”

The flashbacks with Jonathan and Sasha are cringey and a waste of time. Why is it so important to watch them calling each other “Wanker and Slut”? Very annoying characters.

At the beach, Jonathan goes straight for a cameltoe shot of young Catherine. Mama’s boy is quite pervy, huh.

Stephen narrates his arc and Indira Varma does Catherine’s. These narrations are distracting. Trust your actors and your script. Trust your viewers to follow the story — making interpretations and connecting the dots.

The most relatable character in this episode is the grey cat.

TBH, this premiere leaves me conflicted — sluggish pacing, unnecessary narrations, beautifully filmed but visually pretentious at times. Plot wise, I need more.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I watched this while cleaning a set of bearings. The most fascinating part of the experience was just how much dirt came out of them on the second wash. I wasn't expecting that at all.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1